THE TIMOROUS DUNYA✅

By Aeeeshatuh

#2| Dunya| 28-08-18 Maryam's life tends to always take a turn for the worst. Loosing her mother at the tend... More

TTD
P R O L O G U E
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
E P I L O G U E
A C K N O W L E D G M E N T

TWENTY-TWO

1.3K 245 0
By Aeeeshatuh

Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.

~Rumi.

I hope you had an awesome Eid!❤

*****

Room 208

The only sound that filled her ears is the wild thumping of her heart as she stared at those figures. It's official, she's one step away from making a life altering decision. She's one step away from Room 209. She's one step away from chief, and above all, she's one step away from herself.

The Maryam she knew, the sweet blubbly little girl she knew wouldn't be standing right infront of a hotel room, dressed in a revealing outfit. But this isn't her. That Maryam is gone, she had died the moment she took a step forward. And buried as she knocked at the door.

"Who is it?" A deep gruff voice asked behind the door.

Her lips parted and closed themselves severally, fighting to let a sound escape. But it proved futile. Her hands were now sweaty. Rubbing them on the rough fabric of her dress, she managed to take a deep breath. It wouldn't be so hard right? It's just one sentence, three words, three syllables. No biggie.

"It's your girl." She replied with the exact words she was told to.

"It's not locked." She heard the voice reply. Maryam pondered for a moment, does that mean she should go in? Well she couldn't quite remember him saying "come in". But the door is unlocked and clearly used for entrance. So, that means she's supposed to go in.

Rubbing her sweaty hands together, she pushed the thoughts out of her restless mind. Her hands settles on the doorknob for a while before pushing it down. Maryam dared not raised her head as she walked into the room, all the while admiring the soft black rug beneath her feet.

"Your new. Interesting." Her eyes reluctantly left the ground. Dark hungry eyes stared back at her, almost startling. The first thing her mind acknowledged was how his head, which lacked a string of hair gleamed beneath the light. His dumpy figure sat cross-legged on one of the two chairs behind the coffee table. A newspaper on his fat laps and lit cigarette on his left hand.

His eyes still trained on her, he discarded the cigar rather swiftly and shifted his attention back to the newspaper he was undoubtedly reading before the intrusion. A tensed silence engulfed the room, or so Maryam thought it was, regarding the other person is very comfy reading like his life depended on it. She stayed there, by the entrance like a statue. Hands clutching beautiful handbag like a prey by predator. Poor beautiful thing. But that is definitely the least of her concerns at the moment. One of it however, is getting out of there alive.

She preoccupied herself with studying every object in the room. There sat a small piece of paper beside the standing lamp on the ground, the picture frame on the wall is slightly slanted to the left, the ceiling fan creaked loudly at every three-sixty turn, the lightbulb flicks on and off every minute, probably a sign of exhaustion from working over the years . . .

"Serve the drink." His blunt voice halted her from looking around. She might seem lost, pretending to be engrossed in looking around, but her mind is very alert. Her eyes flick to him even at the slightest shift of a finger. She's all prepared to run a marathon, just incase.

His words sank along with her heavy stomach. She took an unsteady step, then another, and another. Her hands shook even as she poured the brownish liquid into a glass and stretched it to him. However, he seemed to be engrossed in the article he's reading, or he's just ignoring her. Either way he's doing a good job at it.

Annoyed, Maryam began retreating her stretched hand. But before she could, large one's grabbed them taking her completely offguard. She gasped the next second as she felt herself being pulled at, landing rather strangely on his laps. Head dizzy, heart thumping, face pale and body frozen, she clenched her eyes close.

"Feed me." He whispered into her ears, yielding nothing but the urge to puke on him to her.

Seconds thicked, six slow agonizing seconds before it finally hit her. She scrambled out of his embrace at the same time her fists connects with his face, his neck jerked sideway from the impact.

Maryam was baffled at her own actions, she had never for once laid her hands on someone. In that moment, she felt nothing but intense anger. Certainly, the old Maryam might just keep shut, take it all and cry it out later to herself. But this one, she's different, it scares her.

Her wide eyes met Chief's furious ones. Maryam frantically gazed around, the thought of apologizing crossed her mind, but she knew how people like chief are, just like madam. They never forgive, unless maybe it comes in cash. So apologizing is out of the option. Next; run, run and run faster.

She didn't have to think twice, she made for the door. As successful as unlocking it was, getting through proved to be almost an impossible task as she was dragged back with her hair. A stinking slap right after sent her flying to the ground with a yelp.

"Did Madam not teach you some manners?" He sneered, kicking her in the stomach. She groaned as waves of pain shot through her abdomen, ceasing her breath momentarily. Her head spinned, and the view before her appeared in two's and three's.

In hopes to keep a great distance from the monster, she used her hands as aid to crawl backwards. When her back hit the wall, Maryam knew her end had come, it's over for her.

She shakily glanced up, only to have him smirking darkly at her pathetic attempt of running away. Just then she realized the belt he held. He was going to beat her up, no doubt. Ya Allah, she had had enough beatings to last her a life time. The scares are littered allover her body, reminding her constantly of the agony she went through. First, Inna Saude, then Madam and now this?.

"I'll make sure you never forget this night." He laughed darkly. Maryam whipped her head to the side, his malicious face induced more pain to her than what he's about to do.

Her squinted eyes landed on something an arm's length from her, she glanced back at him, he has his hand raised up ready to strike. This is her only chance of attempting to save herself, so without much thoughts, she grabbed the huge flower vase in her hands. Just as he inched closer, she aimed it at his head with all her strength.

She watched as he staggered backwards, his head in his hands and groans of pain eluding his lips. His leg hit the coffe table, tripping him and he landed face flat on the ground. Maryam muffled her sobs as thoughts of him being dead burst through her brain. She had just killed someone, she is a murderer.

She had no idea how long she had been sitting there, staring at his lifeless body until the ringing of a phone jolted her. As the phone ringed for the forth time, Maryam knew she had to do something. Slowly, she limped to where it laid on the coffee table. With trembling hands, she picked it up and stared at the caller ID. It was Madam. It had completely sliped her mind that they're waiting for her.

Picking up her pause, she strolled to the door.

Make sure you have the money with you. She remembered Madam's words. Hesitantly, she walked to where he's perched on. Her heart accelerated at the thought of him opening his eyes and finishing what he started. She slipped her hands into his pants pocket, releasing a breath as she felt the wads of money. Stuffing everything in her pause, Maryam wasted no time in racing out of the room.

She walked outside the hotel as casually as she could. Her head downcast, avoiding the reprimanding and accusing stares being shot at her.

Once outside, Maryam barely released a breath before Madam's face clouded her vision.

"Well?" She raised a brow at Maryam, her outstretched hand between them. Maryam dumbly stared at her, clueless to what she meant.

"The money!" Madam rolled her eyes. Maryam handed her the bag without a word and stormed to the car. Ofcause she wouldn't care if she's alright or not. What was she expecting, a very worried embrace along with hearty questions? Surely, she seemed to forget the woman is behind her miseries.

About five minutes in eerie silence, Madam willed to grace the duo with her presence. Saleem ignited the engine and they drove away immediately. As he drove, Maryam didn't miss his pitiful glances through the rear-view mirror.

"She must be really good. I can't believe he payed twice the normal amount." She heard Madam murmured beside her. Judging from her expression, she didn't know she said it out.

Maryam scoffed inwardly, if she considers smashing head and stealing good, then she is very good indeed.

*****

As she moseyed to her destination, the waterworks still brimming from her puffy eyes, Maryam felt herself reminiscing every thing that had occured back at the hotel. The image of his lifeless body played continuously in her mind. Surely, she can never be at ease knowing she's the reason behind someone's death. Something she herself think she deserves.

Standing infront of the familiar door, Maryam wiped her tears away. The person behind it has alot on their Plate already. Poor Zeenah, how she wish she could get her out of this evil. She doesn't deserve a life like this, unlike her anyways- who for some reasons she didn't know but had come interms with, does. Zeenah deserves much better.

Letting herself in, Maryam had no idea a simple sentence she'll be greeted with could make her stomach churn with joy and a smile threaten to break on her face.

"I know how we can get out of here, Maryam!"

*****

Did you guys hear that??😀

Assalamu alaikum! Hello there! I hope you had an amazing Eid, first of all. This was meant to be an Eid update, but for some reasons this chapter was very hard to write and I couldn't complete it😐

Drop your thoughts as always, your opinions help me alot. Are you liking the story?

Let's keep voting! More chapters coming up Insha Allah. Stay tuned;)

Aeeeshatuhxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
24.8K 879 27
Trigger warning: violence, sexual abuse, physical abuse, racism, substance abuse, and self-harm. HE WAS UNHINGED; SHE WAS HIS ELIXIR. HE WAS ADDICTE...
224K 32.8K 84
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
20.8K 3.3K 75
You know how it feels when those you love are the key factors as to why you are scarred physically and emotionally?. You don't? Well, Maliya Jamil ca...