That Makes Us Two

By PeachesAndReam

Switch Bodies ShadAmy Boom! Shadow and Amy hate each other, but if they want to get their perspective bodies... More

Chapter 1: Switched
Chapter 2: Duo
Chapter 3: Affliction
Chapter 5: Name
Chapter 6: Peace
Chapter 7: Closer
Chapter 8: "I love you"
Chapter 9: Memories
Chapter 10: That Makes Us Two

Chapter 4: Sleep

2.2K 82 79
By PeachesAndReam

Finally, they had some proper rest.  After the previous day, Shadow and Amy needed a few hours of sleep.

Especially Shadow.

Strangely, and as to her conclusion, Amy didn't feel tired on the least and this was only because she was in Shadow's body.

Being the Ultimate Life Form, Shadow's body didn't need sleep to function properly. However, just for the pleasure of it, his body would oblige and get a nap.

    For the first time in his life, as he was inside Amy's body, Shadow was utterly exhausted. He had to admit, that it was nice, to feel this normal.

Just normal.

    It was day time when they had arrived at their next destination. This time, Shadow knew where they were going and guided Amy through the whole flight time. Once they landed, and settle in their tents, Shadow had told Amy one thing only before drifting into sleep.

"Do not...I repeat...Do NOT touch anything...wait for me to wake up."Amy nodded as she was more fascinated by the place than worried by Shadow's words.

    As Shadow went to sleep, Amy waited outside. Looking around the Island she noticed blue and hot pink trees, something that she had never seen before. Plants and flowers that weren't written on the books she had read before; animals and insects that that were alienated yet cosmically beautiful.

No wonder why this place was called "Dream Island"

    Shadow said to not touch anything, but he didn't say she couldn't go exploring, right?

    If everything went alright, she didn't have to see an angry Shadow today.

Amy walked slowly as to not wake up Shadow. She made sure that she was far away from the camp before she began running.

    She ran as fast as she could getting the adrenaline through her body.  The feeling was amazing, the feeling of being able to go anywhere you wanted, whenever you wanted...that feeling of power, of being on top of the world...

She appreciated it, but it wasn't for her.

    She liked taking her time. Appreciating each fragment in life, all living things, small or big. She liked going slow and steady, enjoying each moment, savoring it slowly.

She had now realized how different she was from Sonic.

and she wonders if Shadow felt the same.

    She walked some more and as clumsy as she is, she stumbles upon a large and thick tree root. She laid on her tummy for a while thinking how lucky she was that she was in Shadow's body. She felt fine and was ready to stand up, but as soon as she held her head up she noticed a large mushroom in front of her...and the mushroom had eyes, a mouth, and small hands and feet.

"Oro"

"AAAAHHHHHHH!"

    Her loud scream was heard all the way to the camp.

"I told her to not touch anything", Shadow mumbled as he woke up from his slumber. He quickly stood up and got out of his tent. He looked around the area but didn't find Amy anywhere near the camp. Shadow then, ran towards the scream.

    Amy stumble as she felt sleep take over her. She could hear a river nearby and decided to go there to clean herself up a bit before she went back to the camp.  The giant Mushroom had thrown at her face some kind of yellow powder, kinda like pollen. It covered all of her body and she was beginning to feel itchy about it...and sleepy too for some reason. 

    She had finally made it to the river and washed her face with the cold water, hoping that maybe, that way her sleepiness could go away.

She looked at her reflection on the water.

Well, more like Shadow's reflection.

    Dammit...he is attractive.

She thought as she appreciated Shadow's features more. He had beautiful red-colored eyes, his face was delicate where it needed to be but strong at the same time.  Perfect teeth, and if he tried a little bit more; the perfect smile. It wasn't only his face, but his body as well. Slender and fit, not too bulky, just perfect. Every aspect of his physic was well balanced and-

    WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT HIM?!

She already had a boyfriend, a secret one on the least, Sonic. There was no one but him in her heart. Now and forever.

She loved him very dearly since they were kids and now they were finally together. She loved him and he loved her.

Right?

    Amy laid down on the grass as she drifted on her thoughts, looking at the blue wide sky.

Sonic...

Sonic...

Sonic...

Shad-

.

.

.

Shadow swore that she was going to get a piece of his mind once he finds her. He kept looking all over the place, and even went back to the camp several times.

Didn't she know how annoying it was to walk?

And the pain it was to run?

As the Ultimate Life Form, if Shadow wanted to go somewhere, he just ran. Front and back without getting tired. Now he had to worry about keeping a constant breathing pattern if he didn't want to get tired too fast.

It was just so annoying being a normal Mobian.

    After walking some more, he had finally found her.

Sleeping.

    Now she's really going to get it.

Making him worried and panic, he was really about to start screaming her name and she dared to be asleep?

    Not like he cared enough about her to do that, no, this girl was as worth as trash to him. Yeah, she didn't matter at all, but that wasn't the case right now,

Who in the world did this girl think she was?

    Shadow decided to have good use of the near by river. He was going to wake up Amy in the worst way. He mustered up all of his strength and rolled her to the river.

    Wow, I am heavy. I should work out more.

He thought as he successfully placed Amy on the river with a loud 'Splash!'

    He waited for her to start screaming at him, angry and irritated.

He waited a few seconds.

And a few more

"SH*T!"

    Shadow jumped to the river and as he tried to pick up Amy, he struggled way too much. Her whole body was wet and the water and its current made it difficult for him to raise her.

    He got desperate, this was supposed to be a stupid prank. This wasn't supposed to escalate so drastically.

Why in the world she hasn't woken up?"

    Finally, Shadow felt Amy's body being lifted by an unknown force. He was too concentrated on getting out of the water himself that he hadn't noticed that a local Villager had come to help him.

Shadow finally got out of the water and sighed in relief to see that Amy was breathing.

"Seems like I got here at the right time."  The villager said as he looked at Shadow.

"Yes...Yes, you did."

.

.

.

    Shadow well knew  Dream Village, a few years back, he had lived within the community.  Everyone knew him, and so, the whole village showed concern when the body of Shadow the hedgehog was brought up to the Queen of the Village. Of course, no one knew that the one inside Shadow's body was Amy.

    The doors of the castle open as he recognizes an old friend running towards them.

    "What happened? What did you do to him?" The Queen asked Shadow angrily, unaware that she was, in fact, talking to Shadow himself.

"There's a lot of things I have to tell you, Elena."

.

.

.

"So, you switched bodies with the pink one? She is trapped in your body and you are trapped in hers?", Elena asked Shadow. They were both on a bedroom, watching Amy sleep. Shadow in one corner of the room, arms crossed; he placed his right foot on the wall to be more comfortable. Elena the fox, Queen of Dream Village, delicately sat on a chair next to the black hedgehog's body.

"Yes, and now for some reason, she can't wake up."

"The doctors told me she must have scared a Yume Mushroom, making it release a powder that makes you sleep."

"Is it curable?"

"Yes"

"Well, will you tell me what's the cure?"

"First answer me something" Elena stood up from her chair and walked across the room towards Shadow.  "Why did you come back?"

"To get our bodies back. We need to find the broken pieces of a gem and put them back together to form the Purple Gem...and we know one of the pieces is here," Shadow said as he looked at the red fox on the eyes.

"So...you didn't come back for me?", She questioned.

"If I had come because of you, believe me, I wouldn't show up in this body." Shadow tried to move away but Elena had grabbed him by the arm, making him look to her blue gaze.

"I don't care in what body you are..." Elena took a few seconds to get closer to his face. "You could stay like this and be with me...you know that I never cared if its a boy or a girl, it's you who I like...and your friend's body is not bad. Actually, is pretty above average, a very beautiful hedgehog indeed."

"I am honored your majesty, but", Shadow was finally able to break free from her grasp. He walked towards Amy's bed. " I don't feel comfortable in this body, I would very much like my body back...so, could you please tell me how to wake up Amy and give me the broken fragment of the Purple Gem?"

"Being on the wrong body...is something  I had to live with since I was small, so I know what you must feel like...Fine, I'll give you the piece of the broken Purple Gem but under one condition..." Elena had changed her go flirty attitude to a more serious one. "Once you put the Purple Gem back together and have returned to your body, bring me the Purple Gem...there's something I must do with it."

"Yes, my Queen."

    Shadow didn't bow but smiled at his old friend. Shadow had to confess that she was probably the only person who had his respect. She had helped him localize all the Chaos Emerald before without asking a single question, she had confided in him and him in her. They had a long history together that it would be too long to describe in a single paper.

Elena smiled back. "Well, the only way to wake up your friend is...with a kiss."

"I didn't take you as one to joke around," Shadow said.

"That's because I don't make jokes." Elena simply said. She knew she had lost the battle as soon as she saw Shadow's worried face. Shadow could have been a great friend to her, but not even once in their years of friendship had Shadow showed such emotion towards her or anyone.

The pink one must be changing him and for the better.

"...Fine." Shadow didn't want to think too much about it. It was just a kiss, just lips against lips...nothing more. No feelings were needed.

So then, why was his heart beating so fast?

For Chaos' sake, it was just the pink brat, why was he getting so nervous for?

Come on Shadow, just do it!

    He was slowly getting closer and closer to her face, he closed his eyes as soon as he felt her breathing coming out of her nose. Any minute now, their lips would touch...just right now.

"PERVERT!"

    Shadow felt Amy's hammer hit against his head, making him fall to the floor.

"WHAT THE HECK ROSE, I WAS TRYING TO WAKE YOU UP!", Shadow said as he quickly stood up from the floor, facing her.

"YOU WERE GOING TO KISS ME WHILE I WAS ASLEEP!" Amy said screaming at him, rapidly standing from her bed.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Shadow..." Elena had an evil smile on her face. "Before entering the room, I had sent a knight to kiss Amy and she woke up...that still doesn't explain why she was asleep when we entered."

"YOU WERE EAVESDROPPING ON US!", Shadow exclaimed.

"IT WASN'T LIKE THERE WAS ANYTHING WORTH EAVESDROPPING ON! IT WAS JUST YOU BEING A HORNY TEENAGER!",Amy turned her face away from the black hedgehog, not wanting to show her anger.

"YOU LITTLE BRAT, I SHOULD HAVE LEFT YOU SLEEP FOREVER!"

"YOU NEED ME TO SWITCH BODIES BACK, IDIOT!"

    Elena smiled to herself.

She had made the right choice

.

.

"Can you pass me the water?" Shadow asked Amy as it was his turn to pilot the Tornado.

"Why don't you ask Elena, I am sure she would love to give it to you.", Amy said with a mocking face.

"Thanks to her we got one broken piece of the Purple Gem, food and a warm bed and you are angry at her? What did she do to you?"

"It's not like you would understand, you guys move your tails whenever a  beautiful girl passes by." Amy kept looking at the sea, even to her it was strange to get this angry.

"Are you...jealous?",Shadow asked.

Amy snapped her head to look at him. "Me? Jealous? I-I, no!  Don't get confused idio-

"Because that's good! Now you know how it feels!", Shadow said without thinking.

"What?"

"Whenever I walk around the Villages, guys look at my body, your body! I can't help but want to punch them in the face and-"

    Shoot.

Shadow realized that he had been talking none stop. That his thoughts came out of his mouth without him noticing. He looked at Amy who had an evident tint of pink on her cheeks. "Not like I am jealous! I couldn't care less, I just hate everybody and want to punch everyone just because! This is me just looking for excuses to punch everyone!"

Shadow began to panic, his hands began to sweat and Amy still had no response whatsoever.

"UHG, JUST FORGET WHAT I SAID...JUST FORGET IT... I HATE YOU DAMMIT!

.

.

.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 731 14
Amy is back from a year long trip to grow, figured out what she truly wants in life, and decides to throw herself a "Welcome Home" party, inviting al...
18.1K 444 18
After separating herself from her friends, Amy Rose has become a matured, independent hedgehog of 17. But what madness will occur when a robot smashe...
5K 154 19
Sonic and Amy were secretly dating. Then one day Sonic left to rid the world of evil so that he and Amy could have a future together, only to come ba...
61 1 2
While on Vacation with her friends, Thanks to Shadow, Amy has a one-night stand with Sonic that she quickly regrets, but as the months go by, somethi...