Chapter 8: "I love you"

The travel back to Hedgehog Village was a quiet one. It took them two days to get back in which they both took turns to sleep and pilot the Tornado. Amy did most of the piloting of course since she was in Shadow's body, she didn't rest much. However, out of courtesy, Shadow took her place once in a while.

They arrived at night. And Shadow was way too exhausted to do anything.

"Let's switch bodies tomorrow morning, at the cave," Shadow said as he entered Amy's home, and threw himself at the sofa. "This would be the last night I am going to enjoy sleeping."

"Alright.", Amy agreed immediately. Amy was acting differently, and Shadow noticed this. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am not sleepy so I am going for a run."

"..."

Shadow didn't want to fight it. It was more than over now. The faster they got over it, the better.

He watched Amy walk past the door, never looking back at him. However, she made a stop on the door, "If I am not back by the morning, meet me at the cave,"

Then she left.

.

.

.

Amy kept running, she didn't have a place in mind to go, she knew that she was running just to feel like she could run away from her problems.

Even with all the power in the world, she still didn't have a chance to fix anything.

She finally reached the beach, the moon was splendid, the waves were strong yet beautiful. The crashing of the waves was soothing enough that's what she needed at the moment.

She closed her eyes and let the breeze hit her face.

Everything was going to be fine.

Just fine.

Who the heck was she lying to?

Nothing was fine, tomorrow morning, would be the last time she would see Shadow.

Tomorrow is the last time she would see that hot-headed, stubborn, evil hedgehog and she would finally have her body back.

So, why wasn't she happy?

The answer was there.

But she didn't want to admit it.

She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to believe it.

She couldn't believe... that she was in love with Shadow the Hedgehog.

She was in love with that hot-headed, stubborn, evil hedgehog.

Shadow was right from the beginning. Amy didn't love Sonic. She was so used to following Sonic and thinking that she was in love with him that eventually, she didn't realize her feelings for him were gone long ago.

Now there was nothing more but to subside her feelings.

But how could she?

How could she forget Shadow when he was so caring, kind and gentle?

But she had to.

There was nothing she can do, but to forget.

.

.

.

Shadow didn't even remember falling asleep. It was strange enough, but it felt nice to be back on his body even if it was just a dream. He was walking in the middle of nowhere.