Stranger Things Season 3

By ChristmasLightThings

AN ALTERNATIVE ST STORY- Jam-pack full of fun, bright and colourful events but remains dark, thrilling and cr... More

Acknowledgements
Cast
What you need to know before returning to Hawkins...
Dedication
~Prologue~
Chapter One: El's First Summer
Chapter Two: Independence Day
Chapter Three: Back to School
Chapter Four: Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Chapter Five: The Surprise
Chapter Six: The Dark Room
Chapter Eight: Camp Sunshine Lake
Chapter Nine: The Traitor
Chapter Ten: The Storm
~Epilogue~
Notes:

Chapter Seven: The Dance and the Demodog

479 6 0
By ChristmasLightThings

Troy plans another wicked scheme. A night of dancing, and someone gets murdered the next day as the gang search for Dustin's Demodog.

Main Character outfits

1. Eleven-(hair in a pulled-back ponytail, black and white polka dot dressing gown/ bluish-grey sneakers, floral retro top, black jeans, blue hair scrunchie/ formal dress in red/dark blue top.)

2. Max- (a pink and black long sleeve shirt, blue jeans/ black leggings, frilly purple skirt, a T-shirt tucked in her skirt with a big necklace on and her hair out all frizzy, wearing cute sneakers /orange converse shoes, white polo shirt with blue-collar, blue shorts.)

3. Steve-(a dark blue and red striped shirt, dark blue jeans/ yellow buttoned shirt, black pants/ red shirt, blue jeans.)

4. Nancy- (a black and white dress, mint belt, matching pump shoes, iconic necklace.)

5. Jonathan- (a purple and grey striped shirt with pink tie, dark blue pants, watch.)

6. Billy- (a white singlet, blue denim jeans, silver chain, black boots.)

7. Joyce- (a dark green top, brown woollen jumper, dark blue pants.)

8. Mike- (a black and white graphic tee- shirt- RELAX, cream pants, white sneakers/formal suit and tie in green/red and grey shirt, brown pants.)

9. Will- (a blue and maroon striped shirt/grey pants,/formal suit and tie in blue/grey and white shirt, brown pants.)

10. Lucas- (a white singlet, dark blue knee-length shorts, white socks, white runners, white wrist band/ formal suit and purple tie/ yellow and cream shirt, green pants.)

11. Jim- (police chief uniform/ dark green T-shirt, blue jeans, gold belt.)

12. Karen- (a white dress with green and blue stripes.)

13. Dustin- (gold stars on a black shirt, brown pants, formal suit and pink tie/ dark blue and white shirt.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawkins, Indiana. 13th September, 1985;

A small body creeps into the daylight, its wormlike tail trails behind it sniffing the air and twitching its whiskers looking for food. There is none out in the sunlight so some rats crawl inside and drink from a puddle in the Sewers instead which is still green from the summer and then many more join as a pack and soon leave scurrying through some tall grass... all running over to the same location like a colony of black ants attracted to food. They soon end up at the closed Hawkins swimming pool only to jump in the water drowning themselves!

[🎶Based on characters by the Duffer Brothers and an Netflix original series/ Winona Ryder/David Harbour/ Finn Wolfhard/ Millie Bobby Brown/ Gaten Matarazzo/ Caleb McLaughlin/ Noah Schnapp/ Sadie Sink/ Natalia Dyer/ Charlie Heaton/Joe Keery/ Dacre Montgomery/ Cara Buono/ Priah Ferguson with Jack Dylan Grazer and Maya Hawke...🎶]

Robin and Steve start working with Hopper as police interns, she wears her iconic silver necklace, a blue and white striped shirt and dark blue knee-length shorts finished with white sneakers. Steve is finishing up some things at the police station and Robin comes in holding two coffees one for her and one for Hopper since Steve had revealed he doesn't like it and she says in a funny mocking kind of way, "College who?"

Robin was tasked for her first job assignment to get coffees like a coffee delivery machine which she obviously accepted and Steve has just been sorting through many different files. The two friends are now in a relationship. The teenagers are about to kiss but then Hopper tells them to not do it on the job. The Chief tells Steve to do some more errands which Steve agrees to do. The spontaneous woman then tries to persuade their boss to let her and Steve go out and see the action and deal with arrest procedures or traffic violations but Hopper refuses telling her they need more training and that the files need to be sought out. Robin tries to prove herself that she understands pretty much everything about the industry anyway, "Why are there so many rules? I mean next thing you're going to say is that we can't have coffee on the job." Hopper explains, "I never said you could have coffee on the job, I only said in the mornings." Hopper then leaves, she just looks dumbfounded and gets back to work.

Hopper goes over to the Pool to visit Garret after hearing from the teen on the phone that some strange dark green weeds have begun growing around the area and that a disturbing amount of dead rats are floating in the pool?! He climbs down his lifeguard post and chucks on a Hawaiian black shirt over his iconic red lifeguard shorts along with a red LIFEGUARD HAWKINS POOL cap on his head. The British boy leaning his arm against a metal beam talks to the man feeling baffled, "My day just got a whole lot more weird." Hopper agrees with the kid, "I'll say.." Bruce soon arrives there too after Garret contacted him from The Hawkins Post thinking Nancy and Jonathan would show up as well to continue their article but they didn't? When no one is looking, Hopper runs off to go and spew black sludge up again this time in the restrooms- shower room and coughs up more! Before turning the tap on to wash away the mess, he then wipes his mouth and heads back out.

The place is found to be too dangerous with rats infecting the pool and bizarre things growing around the area? Hopper declares that the Community Pool is going to be shut down. Therefore, resulting in Garret turning around towards the large man in deep shock over losing his job as a lifeguard...which is very emotional for him, "I..I understand," his voice sounds uneasy like he's about to cry. After the other two have left to go back to doing what they were doing...Bruce still snooping around soon comes across the rusty shed which had been left open and discovers the secret room! Down there, he looks at the blueprints detailing plans for large silver doors, closer examining to realise that the doors would be locked and only accessible with a key card? He feels greedy and steals a couple of the blueprints but before he can leave the pool, outside one of the vines from the plant's grip onto his leg and it causes the blueprints to fall out of his hands and blow away in the wind... He soon passes out as the vines overtake and wrap around him!

El at home is watching Tv flicking through channels with her power, annoyed and frustrated until she finds a good Soap Opera to watch. Hopper then comes back and tells her to sit up at the table and talk if she wants to, "You uh wanna talk?" El replies, "No." Hopper tries to sympathise with her which El listens to, he reminds her that a lot has happened in the past few days but he wants to talk about Mike. Hopper asks if he knows that she is back? El avoids the answer, walking over to the fridge getting and eating her favourite snack instead- an Eggo waffle straight out of the packet and tells Hopper that she doesn't want to go to school today. Hopper understands and tells her that his wife use to take Sarah shopping and it always made her feel better, El agrees to go shopping for a dress for the school dance, "Halfway Happy."

The kids except for El, arrive at school, Dustin asks Max if she really rode her skateboard all the way from her home? Max frustrated says she only did it because she couldn't find her dumb-ass stepbrother!? "He's probably banging some chick." They continue walking and stop to notice a poster reminding them about the school dance. One of the teachers strolling down the hallway, tells them that the Dance 'is like bringing your Sandy and Danny (Grease) together for one night'. Dustin leaves to go to Social Studies class. Mike gets annoyed, "It's just a stupid dance! Why do we even have to go?!" He goes over to the corner with his sensitive friend Will following behind him. Lucas tells Max he didn't know what colour she was wearing... so got her a bunch of flowers in all different colours. Max finds the gesture to be too much, but she takes the flowers anyway and just tells him she's wearing purple.

In town, Hopper takes El shopping and struggles fashion-wise in a small boutique? They run into Nancy who agrees to help, Hopper tells her he'll wait outside. Hopper smokes a cigarette and then Joyce comes by, He asks if she wants to go and get some lunch with him?

Nancy and El shop for a while in the small boutique, "Do you like that?" El asks hesitant, "How do I know...what I like?" Nancy grabs examples of outfits off the rails, "You just try different things on until you find something that feels like you." El looks and loves all the 'pretty' dresses and Nancy gives her some advice, she asks if she still likes Mike because he is absolutely heartbroken? El doesn't know? Nancy explains her own experience dealing with two boys (Steve and Jonathan) and to always go with her heart and tells her one of the best ways is to dress to impress. El points at one, and Nancy nods her head saying, "That's the one."

In their 3rd period (Math) a teacher-Mr. Fisher is teaching them Algebra. Mike and Will are still looking for dates to take to the school dance, Will doubts that no one will go to the Dance with him....because of what happened with James the other day.

The two boys go over to sit with two girls one brunette and one blonde. Mike says, "Hey girls, what's up?" Kelsey straightaway begins to flirt with her crush (Mike) and waves in a girly and obnoxious way at the ebony-haired boy while the other Jade Fields; a girl who loves math, is wearing a black turtleneck jumper and red checkered plaid skirt with long black socks and shoes, is too busy focusing on the lesson to notice that the boys are there but then replies with a soft, "Hi."

In a classroom, surrounded with different Math objects, including an old dusty brown antique clock with Roman numerals hung on the wall and full of kids who don't want to listen, look bored or talk when the teacher is, who states that Math is one of the most important elements of life out there, a random kid just laughs. The teacher reminds, "This is a math classroom, not lunchtime!" As the teacher continues to tell them to work through CH 12: Multiply two polynomials using Algebra, Mike asks Kelsey very reluctantly rubbing his face if she wants to go with him? "Do you want... to...be my date to the school dance.. I guess?" the blonde immediately accepts in an annoying kiddish voice with her chin in the palm of her hand, "Why of course I will Mikey- Wikey." Meanwhile, Will attempts to flirt with the other studious girl but struggles, "Jade, I really... really like that name... it sounds like a rock, I mean you're not a rock, I...I mean..." Jade blushes, reminding him to focus on the work. Will then bursts out really nervous and fast if she wants to go to the school dance with him? Jade just writes out a note surprising him answering- YES. Mr. Fisher is still speaking, "Once we get through all this Algebra work, then we can move onto one of my favourites- Pythagoras theorem over the next few weeks." Until the sound of the school bell rings ending their lesson and the teacher quickly reminds the kids as they leave to make sure they do their homework, sighing his head.

After the lesson Kelsey goes on talking about what she and Mike will wear matching. Mike humours her saying they have to match anyway, the blonde girl then tells him, "Yes, but it has to be perfect." Mike gives a funny annoyed look as she walks away. Jade runs after Will telling him to wait, "Will, wait!" Will slows down his walking and turns around... nervous about what she has to say...she only tells him that they should go and sign their names up on the noticeboard. They then both decide to wear blue to the dance.

While having cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches at a table bench, Joyce once again goes to him for help and explains about Will getting bullied at school. Hopper jokes that he should arrest the bullies. Joyce then says, "It's more than that, I think it's because of his new powers, they hurt a kid really, really badly."

She leans her head on Hopper's shoulder. Hopper then reveals the strange illness that he has been keeping from her, too ashamed. Joyce sighs telling him, "What are we going to do Hop?" Hopper doesn't know and knows no one in town can help since Dr. Owens is still not around? He tries to lighten the mood and invites Joyce over to his cabin that night. She jokes to him, "If only there was a way that we could ring each other whenever we wanted to..."

Max and Lucas are walking down the halls, discussing their upcoming Camping trip, Max jokes to Lucas regarding his wrist rocket, "You're not going to bring that thing are you on the Camp? I know we're meant to have fun as well as learn about... nature pretty much, but come on Lucas..." Lucas slips his hand into hers and tells her, "Nah, I won't bring it, we won't need it, it's just going to be a nice break from Hawkins, but... I will still bring my fishing pole, maybe I can catch us dinner." Max laughs over this before hearing a familiar voice call out and they spin around to see the dreaded Troy wearing a white, blue and red COKE shirt, blue jeans and yellow converses. Max tightens Lucas's grip, "It won't last Midnight, you and Red, it's gross, it's miscegenation!" Troy steps closer, a dirty little smirk forms, "Why him? Little Red, Why not someone of your own skin colour? I mean you don't want to be known as the girl who dates the negro, do you?" Lucas rolls up his sleeves, prepared to punch the living daylight out of him, but Max steps in and kicks Troy in the left shin instead! Lucas goes to talk to her, but Max feels hurt and just says that she's going to go and see El and help her get ready for the Dance instead, walking away holding her arms.

Lucas and Dustin then catch up and talk briefly about the steps of process to have a successful time tonight, Lucas tells him in a lighthearted reassuring way, "Oh my God, You are hopeless." Before a deep blue and white police car with the font on the side- HAWKINS POLICE DEPT pulls up out the front of the school which frightens them as they think something bad has happened?

Steve steps out and tells Dustin to hop in. As Lucas walks away, the two catch up and Steve tells him about his new job as Hopper's new officer (in training) and Robin. The two buddies talk about their new love lives. Steve explains, "This girl, you know the one that I like, ok first of, she's hilarious, she's so funny. I feel like I have laughed harder than I have laughed in a really long time when I am around her and she's so smart." Dustin teases Steve, "Smarter than you I bet." Steve then doesn't know what to do for a date idea? Dustin suggests taking her out to dinner. The older teen likes the sound of that and then Dustin 'purrs' and Steve says, "Yeah, I'm not going to do that." Steve then wants to know about Dustin's love life, Dustin talks about a popular girl- Stacey and how they're not official or anything, he's just her date to their school dance. Steve suggests he should take her to the movies afterwards to see 'Care Bears' Dustin in a funny offended way says, "How old do you think I am? I'm fourteen, I'm not four!"

Troy chucks on a black and red hoodie and goes over, walking with his hands in his pockets to see someone interested and an expert in nature. He passes a freshly painted track with small details painted around it in - green, orange and white, the same colours as the interior of the high school. He has to stop and wait for the traffic of athletes to run by, as he scratches his head and then continues on until he makes it to the far oval to see one of his classmates who has just finished baseball and is talking to one of the other students who is a pitcher with a glove in one hand. While swinging a bat in his hand, Troy then persuades the other boy with white skin to come with him to go on the Camping trip for an experience to see different nature. They then go to see Coach Parker, their high school coach of Hawkins PHYS- ED.

After finding out that the kids are trying to escape Hawkins by going on that camping trip, Troy is still determined to get his vengeance on them and has wicked a scheme up his sleeve. He puts his hand on the coach's shoulder and smirks while manipulating the oblivious coach to drive him and the 'nature lover'-Corey, in his 'sweet new ride' to the kid's science Camp trip on the same day as well, by convincing and lying that the camp has a massive field where they can practice baseball.

Nancy and Jonathan still investigating, go over to look at Lovers Lake together thinking a bigger body of water mass could mean something. He tells her, "You're relentless you know that?" They find dead fish in the water and Jonathan asks her, "What do you think happened to the fish?" Nancy shakes her head not knowing but then tells him, "I don't know, but I think I know what happened to him," pointing at Dr. Sam Owens's dead deceased washed-up body! Jonathan spends time photographing before they race back to the Hawkins Post office and assume the 'twisted' Bruce is the one who killed Dr Owens after he wouldn't reveal about the old Hawkins Lab to him! Nancy knocks on his office door but no one is answering, she says, "He's hiding something that asshole!"'

They get in and are shocked to discover a conspiracy board bulletin connected with red yarn attached to different locations and pictures of Hawkins and then what is even more shocking is finding out Bruce's secret!...

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee is engulfing the small room in the Police Station. While Flo answers the phone, the young woman grabs her coffee and sneakily steps into the back office where all the files are in the Records Room. She sips her drink and then puts the cup down, to start sorting through them and comes across an interesting file, one that she is very curious of? Flipping through the pages until falling onto one with a poster and caption underneath it. She flips one more page over to read the rest of the article. Then she carefully sneaks it into her black backpack just as Steve returns, he alarms her, "Robin!" she turns around scared and then hears him ask her out on a date, Robin smiles and accepts before jumping into Steve's arms very excited!

Karen, after realising that what she has been doing with Billy isn't right, especially for her children, rings him up over the phone and apologises for not meeting up with him the other night and then tells him she can't keep seeing him, "Billy, I understand if you're angry with me, I just wanted to explain, why I didn't come last night, it's not you, it's just I have a family-" Billy cuts her off, "Stay Away from me, Karen!"

Hopper is doing the cabin up all nice hanging multiple fairy lights across the ceiling standing on a chair, when Max arrives over, she is amazed at the place! Hopper appreciates it before he accidentally bumps his head into a dangling light. Both she and El then start to get ready for the school dance and talk in her room giggling.

Will goes to see Ethan who is wearing another one of Will's old green, blue and grey checkered long-sleeve shirts and black pants. Will hands the other boy one of the suits he wore last year to Bob's funeral along with a red bow tie in the previous year, he tells Will, "You're the kindest person, I've ever met." Will offers for him to come over to his place so he could tell his family that he is just a friend from school who needs a lift, Ethan agrees to the plan.

Max and El get ready in her bedroom for the Dance. After Max helps her friend with doing her makeup and hair, the redhead thinks El should get a boombox in her room so she can play music whenever she wants to... Max questions El sitting down next to her on the bed about 'boyfriend issues', "Are you okay?" El replies in a quiet, "No...not really," regarding her love triangle thing with Mike and Ethan. El explains to Max that Mike is always so serious, he's not as fun anymore like the other boy is. El tells Max that Ethan is very funny and cute. Max is very overprotective of her and states about her ex Mike, "He's a boy, that's what boys do. Just forget about the guy already, ignore his contact."

El then says, "He was my first everything. The first time he kissed me, I was so happy, even though I didn't know what I was doing, he sure did..." Max tells El, "I don't know if I'd really call Lucas my boyfriend, it's more casual than that, we're just um... we're just hanging out." El asks, "Hanging out?" Max tells El, "we're just..taking a break."

She is glad to be away from Billy, El is confused and doesn't know who Max is talking about? Max tells her, "he's kind of my brother and he has severe anger issues."

"Max, why do good people do bad things?"

"Because we're human El, everyone makes mistakes it's a part of life, but you learn from your mistakes so you don't do it again. Let's say for example that you are really hungry and you see your best friend's birthday cake just sitting there and you know you're not supposed to because it's wrong but are so tempted to eat it what do you do?"

"Eat the cake"

"Exact wait...what why?"

"Because I would be hungry and I could stop anyone from taking the cake back with my powers." The two girls laugh, grabbing the hands of one another.

That night, Dustin not wearing any Faberge hair spray like last time is just dressed as himself without his iconic hat. He has a headache and he grasps the front of his head, which concerns Steve? Dustin tells him that it's nothing. Steve is driving him over to the Dance and tells him it's a good thing he bought him a tie to match his suit, Dustin asks why? Steve answers he needed to spend his allowance on something important. Dustin wants Steve to drive faster to the dance, "Steve, MCFLY STYLE! DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!" The throb then returns in Dustin's head.

Will comes out looking all handsome and his mum makes a fuss over him and Jonathan takes a couple of photos in the lounge room. A knock on the door is heard, someone is there? Jonathan opens it to find a boy, he questions that his suit looks a lot like Will's one? Will tells them that he gave his suit to the other boy to wear. Joyce thinks that is sweet and Ethan says, "hi" to them briefly and nervously. Will introduces him to his family, "Mom, Jonathan, this is Ethan, he's one of my classmates and he doesn't have a way to get to the dance so.." Jonathan agrees to drive them over to the school for the Dance, grabbing his keys.

Hopper is driving both Max and El over to the school. Will and Mike enter the Gymnasium first and hang off to the side. One of the kids (not main) dances a funny way at the dance, a big disco ball hangs above. Nancy and Jonathan catch up at the School Dance as chaperones. While they dance slowly together, she tells him about a plan to go find Murray Bauman for help regarding what they had just shockingly discovered in Bruce's office...

[🎶Billy drives back to his home in his fixed blue Camaro car as a complete wreck and is so drunk, wallowing in his sorrows and a mess who continues drinking as he stops the vehicle. 'I'm a man, can't you see what I am? I live and I breathe for you, but what good does it do, if I ain't got you, ain't got? You don't know what's it like, baby.' He *grunts* getting out and slams his fists down on the car hard, leaving bruises, "Damn it!" While Karen is in her kitchen drinking a big glass of red wine and crying too in shame.🎶]

Everyone at the Dance claps as the song finishes and then Max and El finally arrive. El makes her entrance, walking through the doors, everyone notices her especially Mike and Ethan as they turn around. Mike and Kelsey are wearing green, Will and Jade wear blue, Max and Lucas wear purple and Stacey and Dustin wear pink. Ethan goes over to her first saying, "Red really suits you." El offers him her hand timidly as they go over to the dance floor, "You ready to dance?" Ethan answers, "Sure."

El tries to find Mike but can't in the crowd. El manages to impress not only Mike but almost everyone at the Dance it is one of her best looks, she looks absolutely beautiful in a red satin silk dress with her hair tied up in a low bun and wearing cute red slip-on shoes.

[ 🎶The kids then all freestyle dance with their partners like from the iconic 1984 film- Footloose and clap their hands, moving their hips and swaying their hands left to right. One of the teachers say, "Grab your partner and dance your hips off." Dancing happily side to side step dancing, turning feet in and out, everyone in the gym smiles, shaking their heads back and forth!🎶]

They then announce that they are playing slow songs next, Mike tries to ask the other boy eagerly and friendlier if he can dance with Jane for one dance? "Hey, um, could I dance with her for one dance?" Ethan cheekily replies that he doesn't think she will dance with him and then excuses himself to go back to El, to dance with her.

[ 🎶Dustin finally gets his well-deserved dance with Stacey, which is ironic because she was the one to ruin it last time. All the lights go pink as the two begin to dance. 'And I can't fight this feeling anymore, I've forgotten what I started fighting for,' While El is trying to be happy and tries to not step on Ethan's shoes, he helps lead her but is struggling himself. Max dances with Lucas struggling to smile. 'My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you, I've been running around in circles in my mind, and it always seems that I'm following you, girl' Dustin twirls Stacey around and they look into each other's eyes. 'It's time to bring this ship into the shore and throw away the oars forever' Will continues to dance with Jade, very awkwardly, with one of his hands on her hip and the other in her hand, but his gaze is no longer on her. His eyes are on Mike, who is dancing just as awkwardly with the blonde girl...as her face rests on Mike's shoulder and she chuckles. Kelsey starts boasting that she's better than Jane, "I mean, I don't even know why she goes here?" Mike then finally decides to leave her on the dance floor because she is acting like a bitch!🎶]

Joyce arrives at Hopper's and is amazed as pink fairy lights hang from his ceiling and down the walls inside his house! Hopper comments that he thought her Christmas lights was never a crazy idea, he confirms it was 'cool' as the kids say these days. Joyce laughs and then the two talk sitting down at the table. Hopper lights a cigarette and smokes while Joyce pours herself some red wine into a large glass.

Steve and Robin also share a sweet moment at the Hideaway Pub. Robin all dressed up in a yellow floral dress with matching pumps, wearing red lipstick and her hair done up in a high bun, drinks some alcohol because her parents aren't there to tell her not to; a glass of Blue Curacao/Lagoon cocktail with Steve who is having a beer. Robin claims that she doesn't smoke or do drugs like 'some people' she uses happiness and laughter to cure her problems.

Robin asks him fiddling with her straw in the glass, "I bet you were one of those jocks at school, popular and sporty." They both laugh. Steve tells her, "No, I'm being serious, I mean yes, I was popular and I did do sport. But honestly, I was a mess in high school and a big jerk. I had all sorts of drama to deal with." Robin asks, "Did you have a girlfriend?" Steve replies chuckling, "Ah yeah, yeah I did, um Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." Robin then continues drinking, Steve laughs and tells her to go slower when she is downing the alcohol, "Woah, easy there."

[ 🎶Hopper turns on his old record player and hopes to impress Joyce because he secretly pines for her, by choosing a cheesy track.' We're talking away, I don't know what I'm to say, I'll say it anyway, today's another day to find you, shying away, I'll be coming for your love ok?' Hopper then grabs her hands and the two stand up, beginning to dance together. Hopper then asks if she wants to go out on a date with him? "You know we should try and do that thing, you know when two people go somewhere, normally fancy and get to know each other better?" Joyce only disappoints by telling him that she isn't ready to move on because she still really misses Bob, "Oh, I.. you...You mean like a date Hop, it's just. Um...
Um, I... Everywhere I go, I keep seeing his face, I just really miss him." She then thanks him for the wine and dancing but soon heads off home, "You... you uh know it's getting late and I should be heading off. Thank you for the wine and the dancing..." Hopper is left there watching her out the window drive away, he then grunts and stops the record player. 🎶]

Mike by himself, is clearly still very jealous, lips pouted at the dance because El is with Ethan instead of him. Lucas reminds Mike that she danced with him at the Snowball. Mike knows that but says they properly dance tonight to romantic ballads. Lucas also reminds him that it's a part of growing up and high school, "High school is a part of growing up in life man, it may be difficult but that's just the way it is." Mike understands, he just wishes El wasn't with that 'mouth breather'. Jade starts to say, "Will...I think I'm falling for you." Will politely excuses himself from her, "I'm sorry...I, I have to go," and then notices curiously that Mike is also not with his date?

[ 🎶The lights change colour (red). Will is standing there alone on the other side of the room, he turns his head around to look as everyone starts to go dance on the floor with their partners. 'strangers making the most of the dark, two by two their bodies become one'. Mike appears a few feet in front of him, 'I see you through the smokey air, can't you feel the weight of my stare, you're so close but still a world away, what I'm dying to say is that I'm crazy for you.' Will soon has a sudden realisation that he has never really thought of before, he has a crush. Washing over him like a wave...he thinks he has feelings towards his best friend-Mike Wheeler?! Mike looks over to Will, smiling and waving at him briefly before turning his head back to look at El, 'I never wanted anyone like this, it's all brand new..' Lucas and Max continue dancing, he goes to kiss her but Max rejects him, turning her head away. Will slowly makes his way over to Mike, 'its all Brand new, yeah I'm crazy for you' It sent his mind into an uncontrolled, captivated spiral, his heart beats fast as everyone else is still dancing. By the time Will has reached Mike the song has already finished.] 🎶

Max then teases and grabs his hands, "Come on Byers, your turn, dance with me!" Will not having much of a choice because she drags him off with her anyway, replies timidly, "Yeah, ok sure." The two then go off and dance together just for fun.

El and Mike manage to get back together after El tells Ethan she can't hang out with him anymore and he sadly understands. El then runs back into Mike's arms, "Mike, I'm sorry I want to be with you, only you." His shoulders look so tense and his face is serious, sure he can be moody as hell sometimes but the way he looks at her is tender, "El, I'm right here don't worry, after all, I was your first kiss and I was your first friend." El tells him what he thought of her tonight? Mike laughs and cries so happy, they then hug, "I'm sorry I pushed you away El, it's just...I just got so jealous and angry, I guess I was scared I would lose you if you liked someone else, it was not cool when I said all that stupid stuff, it was selfish of me and I'm sorry I was such a wastoid."

El smiles at him and says, "Mike, I badass?" Mike is confused, "Uh, what?" El reconfirms, "I mean I am a badass." Mike laughs and understands her now, "Yeah, you are." The two then grab hands and run onto the dance floor, dancing slowly together, looking into each other's eyes and smiling before kissing once again. Ethan just watches the two get back together feeling hurt, but he soon appears to be more curious about what is up with Dustin?

Ethan goes to get some punch to drink feeling very heartbroken and angry as his eyes depict. One of the students accidentally bumps into Dustin and spills a plastic cup of punch on his suit and then his mark starts to reappear, "Shit not again, not here!"

He then hurriedly goes over to the bleachers and then the daunting voice returns,

⌇⌇⌇"You didn't think I was gone, did you? I'm still here, ..."⌇⌇⌇

Dustin goes to yell but then asks in a quieter voice to not cause attention, "Look, Just tell me who you are ok? I've done everything that you wanted me to do, honestly because I had no choice! You threatened my life and those I care about! I don't understand why I had to feed that Demodog monster! It is so treacherous and gross, nothing like what Dart was like!"

Ethan starts to hear irritated and angry voices coming from over at the bleachers and soon finds Dustin talking to himself, he eavesdrops and is bewildered about who he is talking to mentioning something about a Demodog? Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you talking to yourself and what the heck is a Demodog?

Dustin continues talking to the mysterious and eerie voice, "What do you want? Please just tell me what to do to get you to finally leave me alone, you son of a bitch!"

Robin and Steve laugh enjoying the rest of the night. Robin a bit drunk, flips her short hair on the street, carrying her shoes, walking in barefoot, like she's on a beach and twirls around in her dress, she then tilts her head back and laughs and skips before saying that she should go back to her hotel (motel), "This has been fun *hiccup* Hair-rington, I should really *hiccup* head back to my hotel now [laughs]." Steve, helps her from falling down when she loses her balance, after walking like she is on a tightrope on the cobbled path, "hey, hey easy, ok." Robin grabs his shoulders and lets him pull her up, he also jokes and tells her that Hawkins isn't a rich city like where she is from, "Don't know if you've noticed, but Hawkins doesn't really do luxurious cadet Gordon." She laughs again as she walks away. Steve just waves back at her still laughing to himself, very happy he met this amazing girl.

Hopper gets drunk by drinking the rest of the wine after Joyce left.

The next day, Dustin checks in his spare room shocked to see the Demodog missing and a hole in the room, "Oh, shit.."

Hopper sobers up by having a shower, groaning and gurgling in the water, washing his face, "Oh God". He then walks out of the bathroom with a colourful striped towel around his waist, swallowing some pills before chucking the small bottle of them onto a table. He reaches the fridge and finds the only thing he can drink, a carton of milk, which he guzzles down hurriedly and loudly before making a *burp*.

Over at the Police Station, Steve is reading through a bunch of files at a desk, until the phone rings, *ring *ring* alerting him to answer professionally before chuckling to himself placing his hand over his face, "Hello. This is Hawkins Police Department, How may we be of service... what's your emergency?" Dustin cuts him off immediately, "It's me! Get your ass over to my house right now!" Steve is confused leaning back in the chair, "why?" Dustin takes a breath not thinking properly, "Just...Where are you?" Steve is confused, "I'm at the station Pea-brain. You're calling the Police Station." Dustin closes his eyes, "right, right of course you are, sorry it's like my brain isn't working, I can't think... just get over here now!... I um..." Dustin then whispers quieter, "*a live monster escaped from my house*." Steve tells him, "What was that? Speak louder." Dustin tries to tell him again, clicking his tongue but Steve only tells him to be louder, "Dude just speak louder. You're on a phone." Dustin then yells, "I SAID A LIVE MONSTER ESCAPED FROM MY HOUSE!" Steve jumps back in his chair and puts one hand over the phone speaker! Everyone just looks concerned and puzzled at Steve who then makes a small joke, "Ha, Just a paranoid schizophrenic, you know how it is." Steve then talks back to Dustin on the phone, "Jesus, yeah I thought that's what you said shit bird. Do the other knuckleheads know?" Dustin replies, "I'm..um calling them next?..." Steve then tells him before putting down the phone, "Yeah, I'll be over there right away bud!" Steve then gets up and goes to leave, but Robin wants to know where he's going? "Hey. Where are you going?" Steve just tells her, making up the first thing that comes to his mind, "I am.... going on my break... yeah." Hopper then stumbles into the station and Steve tells Hopper, "that's ok right sir?" Hopper nods not really understanding, "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah [slurring] uh yeah that's cool. That's - that's really cool." Hopper then gets Robin to do Steve's job which is answering the phone.

He hesitates before contacting his friends for reinforcement, on the walkie-talkies knowing they were soon going to be dealing with the Upside Down once again. Dustin then thinks to himself that he is making a big risk by telling them, Something bad is probably going to happen now that I've opened my big mouth.

Dustin then hears footsteps coming from outside the room, thinking it is the rogue Demodog, he grabs the first weapon he can find for defence, he goes out to carefully and slowly investigate down the hallway bringing his heavy can of Farrah Fawcett hair spray with him, ready to attack...

Unaware that his friends (El, Max, Lucas, Mike and Will) are now there, it causes Dustin to freak out by turning around and spraying Lucas in the face with hair spray, burning his eyes, both boys scream and El stumbles hiding behind Mike scared! The copper- red-haired girl goes to help Lucas wash out his eyes, "Ow.ow.ow.ow!"

She tells him, "Shut Up, you're fine." While the rest of them shortly laugh over what just happened but Dustin does feel really bad for spraying chemicals into one of his friend's eyes, "Lucas I'm sorry, you guys scared the shit out of me." But that is nothing compared to what he is about to tell them.

In the kitchen, Max asks if he feels better yet? Lucas complains that it still stings, he then tries to open his eyes and thinks Max has a zit on her forward, "is that a zit?" Max just tells him to keep washing his face as she forcefully shoves his head down onto the cold water again, he says letting out a painful *squeal*, "I was only asking!"

Steve acts as a babysitter towards the kids again when he gets there after Dustin called him over to help search for the missing Demodog, which no one knew about? "What, did you think hair spray would scare a monster?"

Will says annoyed, "Why was there a Demogorgon in your house?" Dustin corrects him, "Actually it's a Demodog." Max is frustrated with the new 'Dart' jokes to call it Dart #2, she thinks the monster is hideous so it doesn't matter what it is called. "Who Cares! It doesn't matter what its name is! How the hell did it survive? That's so random? I thought all the Demodogs died when El closed the gate?" El nods her head. Lucas adds, "Didn't you learn from last time to not keep those things as a pet?" Dustin is forced to not tell them the truth, instead, he claims that he stole back the Demodog from the Byers freezer because he wanted to keep it for scientific reasons.

Steve soon can't believe what he is hearing, he pinches his nose sighing and then begins to plan a fun road trip away out of Hawkins, just the 7 of them, "What do you think mini Byers?" Will surprisingly finds Steve to be crazy, they have to find the monster before something bad happens! He thinks to himself, What is he doing? This is no time to play games! This is a very serious situation! Will says, "He's crazy," and Mike confirms, "He's Steve."

Dustin explains to them that most of the time a mark appears on his arm when liquid touches it, which had been scratched by the monster. Steve says concerned, "You were attacked?" The young boy nods his head and then experiments splashing his arm with water from the sink tap and tries to show them the obscure mark again.

The creepy voice then returns fearing Dustin,

⌇⌇⌇" You have been very useful, I always knew you would be...constantly doing as I ask, I want to you to keep thinking about me... I want you to imagine what I could do when I come back for you, and I will come back for you, after you have spent so much time overlooking your shoulder, wondering if that day I was going to come for you, one day I will, Now that I am free, I have one more request which you will do as I say..."⌇⌇⌇

Dustin is commanded by the voice to not leave Hawkins so he has no choice but to do what the voice says and he knows that means he is unable to go with them to the School Camp. He then becomes very disoriented and falls to the ground with every sound stabbing his ears! Lucas freaks out saying, "Man, that's nuts!"

Mike urges them, "We have to find it! What if it hurts or kills someone?!"

Lucas questions, "Where do we even begin to look?"

El then grabs a black cloth from the coffee table, "I could try..." She wraps it around her like a blindfold, closing her eyes and concentrates on the task at hand. Dustin kneels down to turn a knob on the Tv to a *static channel.* Soon feeling the blood begin to trickle down her nose as she tries to go into the void to find Dustin's Demodog. All her friends and Steve watch and wait at Dustin's place eagerly, most on the couch, but it is unsuccessful as she slowly shakes her head not knowing where it is? The kids then plan to split up and go off to try and find the creature by themselves before it is too late! Mike asks them, "Does everyone understand!"

Steve reminds him he's in charge being older, "Actually, I'm in charge, in case any of you Goonies have forgotten." Max replies in a sassy way, "We know, we just don't care."

Mike then splits up the group and Max is annoyed with him so she makes El go with her instead, "Oh that is just so typical Wheeler, You and El once again, when do we girls ever team up huh?" Mike just says, "Ok fine."

Steve then shakes his head and says to Dustin, "That damn Demodog!" Dustin and Steve go outside. Steve now borrows Dustin's binoculars to spy on the Demodog from a bush and Dustin uses his old tricks to try and lure the Demodog back with food, waiting for the monster to reappear, "you see anything?" but it doesn't.

El and Max team up to try and find the monster in the woods. El tells Max about her situation, "Max, my sister and my brother are trapped somewhere and I can't find them?" Max feels sad and sorry for El. The other three boys -Will, Lucas and Mike also team up trying to find the creature. While the boys trudge over sticks and leaves trying to find the Demodog, they fill in Will with what Steve had done for them in the previous year when he wasn't with them, Lucas begins, "He really helped us out at the junkyard that night..." Mike cuts in, "Yeah, and when everyone else went out to stop the Mind Flayer, we were left in his care, I know I wasn't that happy about it either." Will lets out a small chuckle. Lucas uses a tree to steady himself while walking over some rocks, "All of us wanted to burn the Upside Down infected tunnels to cause a distraction to help the others. but guess who refused us to do it." Mike continues, "It got to the point where we had no choice-" Lucas cuts in, "And Max proved Steve wrong by driving us over to the tunnels anyway." Mike finishes, "We then had to douse the tentacles and tendrils in gasoline to set them alight, so we drew the Demodogs away from the Gate, and we bought El more time to seal the rift."

[🎶 The small boy again- Adam Fisher is dancing down the streets- upbeat, lively and happy, bopping away to his Walkman to 'Wake me up before you go-go'. 'You put the boom-boom into my heart, you send my soul sky high when you're lovin' starts' Not aware of the Demodog about to strike him! He stops dancing to see a weird-looking thing in the middle of the road and curiously kneels down, looking at it confused?...
Before, getting too close making the monster open its jaw revealing front rows of sharp pointy teeth... the child screams! But before the boy can get away... the monster pounces onto its victim and kills him in a 'gruesomely way' immediately! 🎶]

Steve gets notified by Hopper through his radio reminding him that his training starts soon. Steve apologises and tells Dustin that he has to return back to the Police Station for his Police car training. Later, Hopper explains to Steve in the car, "Looking after one kid is a lot of work by yourself." Steve says, "Yeah, I'm sure it is, try looking after four, no six." Hopper just looks at him confused before explaining the rules of being a cop. Steve is too busy trying to look out for the missing Demodog on the road to even listen to Hopper. He gets frustrated when Steve presses the wrong buttons in the car and then he says "copy... that..." like Hopper told him to but it sounds unsure, the Chief then wants to know why he is being so damn distracted? Hopper sighs before telling him, "Look, you know, the other day, I almost shot someone's dog because it came rushing at me from behind this fence, and I...I swear to God, I thought it was one of those things." Steve finally admits about the missing Demodog monster, "Yeah...funny you should mention that because.." Hopper then sighs heavily, "Jesus Christ, another one of those things is in this town, again!" Steve just nods his head while Hopper tightens his hands around the steering wheel, "I swear to God I will shoot the son of bitch! You better hope that there is only one!"

Max returns home shocked to see Billy back there sitting on his old bed, looking mad and the two fight for a bit, "Billy.. Jesus, where have you been?! My mum she's been so worried? How could you just take off like that?!" before Billy explains to Max about his past of when he was younger and use to enjoy camping with his family, it was his favourite memory of his mother and father. He also explains that his father had been in control of his whole childhood like a vicious cycle after his mother passed away. His father called him a 'Queer' and forced him to do 'baseball' to be like a real man, (flashback) A younger Billy, (mostly wore a white apparel with yellow lines on the legs, collar, and cuffs, matching yellow belt, hat, socks, and undershirt) rushed off a Baseball playing field but his father grabbed his arm and pulled him closer sterning him, "Hey! Billy Stop! What the hell is wrong with you? What did we talk about, huh? You Gotta Slide!" Younger Billy stammers, "I.. I know." His father then gripped onto his shoulder, leaning down to speak, "Wait, afraid you're gonna get hurt, is that it?" Billy stammers again, starting to feel like he is about to cry, " N-no." Neil yells back at him, "Well, what then? What? What did I raise, a pussy for a son?" Billy then got away from him and ran away, "Leave me alone!" Neil only looked back at him and called out, "Yeah run, that's right run away like you always do!" Then there was another time that Billy recounts to Max, it happened a long time ago before he even met her, his father demanded to know where his mother went one night...he was very furious as he kept thinking she was lying...he called her a 'Whore' and the two started to fight with more than just words including dinner plates! Billy walked into the kitchen to hear the noise only to find that his father had just slapped his blonde-haired mother harshly across the face and Billy went to hug her very upset, "Mom!" Back in the present, his face softens as he cries, it made her heart break, he was still family after all. Max then asks him if he wants to come on their school camp as a supervisor since Nancy and Jonathan can't go? Max hopes that he will come because she thinks it will help him, "You're not a bad guy Billy. You're misunderstood." Billy finally agrees to go.

Ethan soon witnesses horror, by walking around a corner and seeing a little boy clearly dead lying on the street path! He hides in a bush, noticing some slimy weird reptile thing is near the dead body as well? He is confused and then slowly comes out walking towards the monster curious, disgusted, scared and angry all at the same time!? He tries to get closer to it, thinking it could be the same Demodog thing Dustin described last night... but it runs away. Ethan then decides to chase after the rogue Demodog all the way over to the Hawkins Swimming pool, also noticing all the dead floating rats everywhere...just then a whirlpool portal appears to open up dragging both the creature and him who fall right through, carried down the thing by a large wave! Another final wave crashes and then the water is back to being completely still and calm...

Final Thoughts: Thank you so much! So last summer, the green water was still in the Sewers even though the gate was closed and this is where the rats come into it, they drink from the gross green water and it makes them go over to the Swimming Pool and drown themselves by jumping into the water, therefore creating a new gate in the pool, different to the usual one because this one acts like a teleportation. It's confusing I know but hey 🤷‍♀️. Ok, so this Chapter is probably one of my favourites because it's so cute and colourful. FUN FACT; If you didn't know 'Jade Fields' was actually the same girl Will danced with at the Snowball Dance and a fictional location in the old Catz Playstation 2 game, I use to love playing that game. My Robin Gordon who is my 👑 makes sense to be a cop, she's got all the right traits and it makes her a very interesting different character being peculiar. I still wanted ice-cream scoopers (Carol and Tommy) as comic relief to accentuate how their lives have turned out compared to the main characters- Robin and Steve who need to be doing something else in the story, (since Steve is no longer a student anymore), are making a difference in the world bigger than selling ice-cream. Kelsey and Mike wore green to the school dance to symbolise their 'jealousy' with Eleven and Ethan.

P.S: What is Bruce's secret? If you have any questions or wish to theorise your thoughts based off these last few questions please feel free to comment. Thank You!!!🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3K 19
[COMPLETED] tw: mentions of suicide, self harm, swearing, and sexual activity everybody wants to change the world, but no one wants to die. what if...
2.6K 109 41
After all the events from last year the gang is happy to get a fresh start. They are starting high school after the summer and they can't wait becaus...
67.8K 1.5K 22
Y/n Henderson, Dustin's older sister, is the manager of Starcourt Mall's one and only Schoops Ahoy. Her live is relatively simple, other than the de...
1K 20 14
Jillian Byers was (similar to her twin) an outcast. She didn't have many friends and actually cared about grades, unlike any of the other girls in he...