Void (The Avengers)

By -acciohorcrux

❝Just because I'm smaller than you doesn't mean that I couldn't easily take you in a fight.❞ Subject: Carter... More

cast
gallery
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
100k special part 1!
100k special part 2!
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
epilogue
sequel + author's note
what if...?

four

65.1K 1.9K 894
By -acciohorcrux

《CHAPTER 4》

THE GROUND BENEATH Carter was strange; something she had never seen before. It was green and sort of spiky. She was in a large area with lots of trees. She knew what trees were, as she had learned about them in science lessons.

She made her way through the forest. She didn't know which way to go, so she just picked a random direction and went with it. She was still surprised that her overly simple plan worked. It probably shouldn't have been that easy, but she wasn't complaining.

She trudged through the trees, wondering where she was. She had never been allowed out of the building, so she didn't even know what was around it. The only windows she could see, were on the roof, only showing sky. She didn't even know which country she was in.

Although, she supposed she hadn't gone far. She doubted she could teleport to a different country. She was probably still somewhere near her old 'home'.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard an odd sound. It sounded like those weird machines that the doctors sometimes drove to get to the opposite side of the building quickly. Carter paused, her head turning in the direction that the sound seemed to be coming from. It got louder and louder and she decided to play it safe and duck behind a nearby bush. She could see out from the leaves, letting her watch as a person came, driving a machine. He stopped, not too far from her bush, and looked around. He took out a walkie talkie and spoke into it. "Nothing here."

"Did you have a proper look, or are you just turning your head?"

The voice of Dr. Smith cane from the other end of the device.

"I'll take another look, sir."

The man got off his vehicle, making his way around the area where Carter was hiding. He was soon nearing the bush that she crouched behind.

He was now walking right over to it, and Carter froze. She knew she shouldn't stay there, but she couldn't move. She didn't want to face the punishment that Dr. Smith would have for her if he got his hands on her. She knew it'd be even worse than room 23. But what was worse than that, she couldn't think of at that moment.

The guard was growing steadily closer to the bush. His footsteps giving away his position. He was mumbling under his breath, but Carter couldn't make out the words as she was too busy trying not to scream.

The element of surprise. Use it to your advantage, she thought to herself.

As she heard the man come right up to the bush, she shook herself out of her daze and jumped up from behind the bush.

The man yelled and stumbled backwards.

"Don't to that to people, asshole."

Carter stared at the man, no expression on her face. She recognized him. She remembered seeing him sometimes, walking around the building.

"Get over here, we're going back to the lab. Now."

"No."

The man laughed a cold laugh.

"I wasn't asking. You don't get a say in this. Now, get over here."

"No."

"Fine. We'll do this the hard way."

That's when the man pounced. It unfortunately stunned Carter, making it easy for him to tackle her. She fell to the ground, landing rather harshly on her back. Her head was luckily saved by a large pile of leaves that was conveniently placed. The man held her down by her wrists.

He sneered in her face. Carter reacted by spitting at him.

He went to wipe the saliva off of his face. Carter was thankful; it gave her the opportunity to punch him in the head, the force sending him back slightly. She once again took advantage of the opportunity, sending a kick to his crotch.

He swore loudly, retreating slightly from the girl. She managed to push him away, allowing herself to get up. He was mumbling under his breath, but Carter didn't think much of it.

She began to run, but she didn't notice the outstretched leg from the man, resulting in her falling onto her knees. Slight pain spread through her legs, but she was used to pain. Especially dealing with it. She quickly got up and began to run once again.

She didn't make it far before more guards came. Some were on vehicles, some were running. They followed the girl, quickly catching up with her.

She was once again tackled to the ground. She thrashed and kicked, but to no avail.

"Get off me!" She screamed.

All of her limbs were pinned to the ground. She couldn't even slightly move. Flashbacks of being bound to the table whilst getting injections fled to the front of her mind. She quickly shoved them away; she had more important things to worry about at the moment.

The small girl felt helpless. She hated feeling weak, like she couldn't do anything. It infuriated her. She had to be able to do something. She was not going to go back to that lab.

Okay, think. How do we get out of this? Kicking and punching is a no, what else is there?

And then came the answer she needed; portals. She mentally scolded herself on being an idiot. Portals were how she got out of the lab only minutes ago. How could she already forget about them? She supposed they were so new that she simply forgot the fact that she had powers. She had been trying to gain them for so long, after all.

But could she use the portals now? Now, when she was pinned to the ground? Would the guards be taken with her? Or could she manipulate the portals to only take her?

She needed to decide quick; one of the guards was talking to Dr. Smith through a walkie talkie. She had to test it out first. Use the portal to go only a few feet and see if it shook the guards off.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

One. Two. Three.

She focused on landing at the base of the tree right in front of her. The familiar tingle went through her arms, as well as the quick falling sensation.

She heard some guards shout as she landed. The portal had taken them with her, but it had been so unexpected that their grips loosened.

She kicked a nearby guard, and rushed to stand up.

One of the guards went to grab her, but she sent a portal under his feet. He then reappeared, falling from the sky. He landed with a sickening crunch. But Carter didn't have time to feel guilty. For all that they had done to her, that was nothing.

More guards came at her. She managed to send a few of them falling through the sky, just like the other guy, but there were too many. She got a punch to the face, just as she used the portal to bring her a bit of a distance away from the guards. Due to the force of the hit, she didn't land properly. She fell to the ground. She could taste blood in her mouth, but she spit it out and stood up. She wasn't going to give up now.

A guard turned around and spotted her, quickly running towards her. His arm was outstretched, ready to knock her to the ground. She was stuck to the spot. He was mere feet away.

Soon enough, there was only inches between them. Without thinking, she shot out her hand. A portal erupted from it. It encased the guard's hand. Once it reached his elbow, it disappeared. Along with his arm. The portal appeared next to him, the arm falling out.

The man let out a grunt and fell to his knees. Shock was plastered all over his face as he looked at his severed arm that was laying right next to him. His breathing became shallow and Carter almost felt guilty. Almost.

She turned to face the other guards. They didn't look happy. Once they began charging, Carter shouted "Gotta go!"

A portal appeared beneath her, and she fell.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
_________________________________
Proof I'm bad at writing anything remotely like a fight scene: this chapter. Oof.

But anyways, a familiar face or two may or may not be appearing next chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 560 44
"If this kid lifts this hammer, I'm retiring" "Okay kid, we don't got all day you know!" "You happy now, Stark?" "Very Impressive niece, but the r...
629K 19.1K 74
𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙡𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. [Wanda Maximoff x Reader] • • BOOK 1 ➤ Age of Ul...
791 64 22
The girl who thought that she lost everything, but maybe she gained more. A 14years old Theia has good life. She tries her best at everything. But on...
273K 7.4K 40
Hydra, an organization founded on the belief that people could not be trusted with their own freedom, had no regard for human life. One day, when a s...