Sacred Madness

By szyaru

Gun was conceived from a sin. His mother was trying her best to save him. Mark is in every sense of the word... More

Author's Note
The Bastard Son
Scintillated
Enticing
Fragments
Unravel
Forsaken
Home
Affection
X. Serenity
XI. Euphoria
XII-Dysphoria
XIII. Vague
XIV. Moonlight
XV.Crashing
XVI. Reverie
XVII. Indecisive
XVIII. Doubts
XIX. Goner
XX. Turbulent
Kries et Morcc
XXI. Malady
XXII. Dissonance
XXIII. Clusterfuck
XXIV. Crooked
XXV. Affliction
XXVI. Vanilla
XXVII. Better Days
XXVIII. Glow
XXIX. Guilt
XXX. Tranquility
XXXI. Elysium
XXXII. Changes
XXXIII. Overcast
XXXIV. Confessions
XXXV- Dawning

Ænigma

1.9K 95 21
By szyaru

"Kris hurry up or you will be late for your first day at University" Gun shouted from outside of Kris' room.

"You can go ahead P'Gun. I'll just go with Mark" Kris replied equally shouting.

"N'Mark your bestfriend? You're both going to the same University?" Gun beamed.

"Yes, and with the same Department" Actually, its Mark who decided to take up Political science because he wants to proceed with Law. And Kris, well he doesn't have plan for his future. He took the same discipline as Mark because why the fuck not?

"That's so cool. I don't have to be worried about you adjusting in college". Gun sounds relieve with the information.

"Why would you be worried? I'm entering college not kindergarten" Kris' tone is mocking.

"Don't be like tha.." Gun was immediately cut off by Kris

"Yeah yeah go to school now P'Gun" Kris dismissed him.

"Ok. See you around then" Gun finally left him and went downstairs to bid their mother goodbye.

"Give not into temptations my dear child" her mother pronounced while looking at him with a worried eyes. Every time Gun leaves the house, his mother will make sure to remind him to carry his cross properly.

"Yes mother" he 'wai' at his mother and headed out to his old beat up motorbike.

Upon reaching the university, Gun met his friends Type and Champ who were also at the same department as him.

"Good morning captain" Champ greeted Gun as soon as his eyes landed on him.

"What captain?" Gun asked in confusion. "Isn't Type the prospected new captain this year?"

"I declined. I have other shits to do and besides, I believe in your potential" Type smiled sheepishly.

"Really? That's your excuse?" Champ rolled his eyes, pupils almost disappearing completely "If I know you just want more time to fuck with your lover. Thirsty af?"

Gun just slightly shook his head at Champ's snarky remark but Type took it as a direct personal attack.

"Boy if you don't shut up I'm gonna accept the offer and demand you to do laps as many times as you quickly jump into conclusions". Type snapped. He looks mature, acts mature, but Champ always knows how to trigger the immaturity in him. Its like his specialty.

"Ok that's enough" Gun pitched in before things escalates. "I'm actually very happy that Type let me be the captain because I really wanted to be one. Its like a dream come true". His soft lips stretched into a smile that made Type and Champ guilty with the way they were acting.

"I...I will be the vice captain....so...so I will do my best to help" Type was trying to regain his composure.

"That's good" Champ voiced out when he actually wanted to reply Type with; ''thats the least you could do'. But he thought that's enough teasing for the first day of classes.

The days went by pretty much uneventful. Now Gun is at the football field with Type and Champ to start with their football practice.

"P'Gun" Plan, the very energetic and talkative second year player made his way to Gun.

"What now? Are you hungry again?" Champ raised his left eyebrow at the very eager kid. "Gun might have to starve if you keep asking him to treat you every single day". He has a very sharp tongue, that's to be noted.

"Nope, Not Today" Plan answered. There is something suspicious with the way he was smiling so widely.

"Any problem you want to talk with your captain?" Gun asked Plan while actually getting it across to Champ, emphasizing the word 'captain'. He wants to remind Champ that as a captain, people seek him for advice and not just for foods.

"I actually wanna invite you to a barbeque party tonight" he said almost too eagerly. "And get this" he paused for a second. "My treat". He's now wearing a very proud smile on his face waiting to be commended for the delightful news that he just spoken.

"That's very nice" Gun smiled back.

"Ummm. You're the one inviting so its obvious that you should pay duhh". Thats just Champ being Champ.

Type, who was actually listening to their conversation laughed at Champ's remark. "That's so funny Plan. You don't even want to spend a single penny for a juice. You even annoy Gun just to buy you lunch. Poor captain". Type continued laughing as he pat Gun's shoulder.

"I'm serious. If you don't want it then you don't have to come. And just so you know, I have enough money to buy P'Gun Gatorades for the whole semester". Plan made faces at them before quickly running to the locker room.

"What did that kid ate to just all of a sudden invite us to barbeque?" Type inquired.

Champ shrugged. "We've known him for a year and he never treat us to anything. Hell he would even make us pay for his bottle of water"

"Guys don't be like that. Maybe he really doesn't have enough money" Gun tried defending Plan.

"They are not even that poor, I know his family, we live in the same neighborhood. Were just as poor as them but I never abused your kindness did I?" Type gave Gun a questioning look.

"Now that I think about it, if I'm as gluttonous as him I'd also probably spend all my allowance in one sitting at the canteen" Champ was laughing as he said those words and Type laugh along with him.

"Let's not be like this".Gun has a disappointed look in his face but the two ignored him as they continued laughing their asses out.

***

Gun arrived at Good's house. He was Plan's bestfriend, and he said that Good's parents are out of the country so they can have the house all to themselves. Good agreed to use their house as long as Plan pays for everything.

What Gun saw in the house was not what he was expecting. He thought it was just a simple barbecue treat with the team and maybe some of Plan's personal friends but boy he was so wrong. From outside the house he can already hear a loud upbeat music being played coupled with loud voices of the people inside. Its a straight up party and Gun never went to party like this. His mother doesn't allow him.

He dialed Champ's number and immediately asked him after he picked up. "Hey where are you?"

"I have to do something but Ill be there in like 40" Champ replied. "And by the way Type cannot come, he'll be out with Tharn"

"Really? Ok then please hurry, I dont want to stay here any longer"

"Ok I'll be quick". Champ hang up. That leaves Gun hesitating whether to go inside or just leave. His mother only allowed him to go because he said its just a barbecue treat. His mother would be so mad if she find this out.

He was about to turn his back and go home when someone shouted his name and ran towards him.

"P'Gun" Plan beamed as he hugged their captain almost too roughly. "I'm so happy you came"

"Uh.. yeah" Gun is still hesitating. He wants to tell Plan he was gonna go home.

"Where's P'Type and P'Champ?". Plan let go of him before asking.

"Type can't come and Champ will just have to follow later"

"Ok then lets go inside now. Were playing and you need to join us" Plan then dragged him inside the house. Gun thought maybe its just a fun barbecue party and he's just thinking too much. Maybe it ain't that bad.

Gun immediately lost all his hopes with what he saw when they entered. The smell of alcohol mixed with smokes from cigarettes immediately filled his lungs. The explicit dancing, unwarranted public display of affection, and the shouting of the intoxicated people all clustered inside the living room. At this point he knew, coming here was a bad idea.

"Plan I need to go home" he said as he tried letting go of Plan's grip on his wrist.

"I can't hear you properly P. Lets talk later" Plan shouted at him as he continued dragging him across the room full of drunk people and into the somehow almost empty kitchen.

Gun was quite relieved to be here. At least there's only a few people in here. Few compared to the hoard of people in the living room These people were also drunk though, and he was not liking it.

"What were you saying earlier?" Plan asked him.

"I...uh I need to go home" he said almost stuttering.

"Why? You just came here" Plan is looking at him with puppy eyes. "Can you at least stay a little while?"

Gun hesitated but ended up nodding. I mean who can't say no to that? Plan is the cutest ever and Gun is a softie.

"Yey. Lets get started then" Plan motioned him to sit so they can start the game.

Everyone inside the room were sitting in a circular motion. Gun is not familiar with most of them, he only recognized three people; two from the football club and the other is someone from the same department.

"Ok the rule is simple. Someone will spin this bottle, and whoever it points to when it stops spinning must do whatever the 'spinner' wants him to do." Plan explained to him. "We'll do it clockwise starting from me".Without hesitations, he set the bottle on the table and spins it.

"Lucky" Plan smiled at Gun but the latter doesn't want to call it luck when the bottle stops in front of him. The party people starts shouting incoherent words. They were either cheering or laughing at him.

"What should we make our captain do?" Plan asked the two members of the football club. Gun started to feel a little bit worried with what they might demand him to do.

"What if we make him do things he doesn't like and he will punish us during practice?" It was Pond who asked the question.

"Naah. We should separate our obligations inside and outside the field, right P'Gun?" Mean, the other player suggested.

Gun swallowed hard. "Y..yeah"

"Now that I think about it, everytime we celebrate our victory, Ive never seen him drink. Not even once" Plan wondered.

"Right. He never drinks" Pond seconded.

"I don't drink. My mom doesn't allow me" Gun's answer was honest but it earned hysterical laugh from everyone in the room.

"Someone pick up their captain" someone he doesn't know shouted and it was followed by another series of laughing from the small crowd. Gun thought the laughing was unnecessary.

"Well then P'Gun, this will be the day you taste the magic" Plan motioned Pond to pour him a shot glass of rum. "I dare you to drink that"

"No I can't. Please just give me another task. Not this one" Gun tried pushing the idea of them forcing him to drink. He believes these kids will understand. But as Pond and the other starts walking to him, he knew things will be bad.

His heartbeat is getting quicker, eyes blinking faster trying to push back the tears that started to well up at the corners of his eyes. His breath hitched when Pond handed him the shot glass. He pushed it away but it keeps coming back to him.

"N..no please" he was now getting nervous. His voice came out low and dry. He wants to escape but someone was holding his hands tightly gripping them together in his back.

"Just a shot captain. It won't kill you" Who was it? He doesn't recognize the voice. His head is filled with other unknown voices shouting from all parts of the room.

The shot glass is now in front of his pale lips. He shook his head and sealed his lips.

Soon somebody is tilting his head back. He was shocked by the action and opened his mouth to protest but Pond quickly poured the alcohol in his mouth and covered it with his hand. Mean immediately pinched his nose. They let go of him after seeing him choke on the alcohol, thats when they knew he swallowed most of it. They cheered with the success.

Gun was now coughing violently, his vision starts getting blurry as he started to feel light-headed. He felt all his strength leaving his body. His face devoid of color.

"No...no...no" he keeps repeating. He was now shaking in fear. He tries to remove the alcohol out of his system by puking but nothing comes out. All of a sudden his body went numb.'My mom will kill me'; was all that is in his head.

The small crowd now became bigger. All the commotion and the shouting at the kitchen attracted the other party goers. And one of them is Mark. He looked at the center of all this commotion. His eyes landed on Gun, his bestfriend's older brother.

"What a pity" he said almost mockingly. He took out his phone and took a snap before sending it to Kris with a caption: 'This your brother? Lameee'

A call came in after just seconds of sending the photo. As expected, it was Kris.

"What the hell man, what is my brother doing there?" He asked after the call got through.

"If you dont know then how would I?" He replied back. Sass overflowing.

Kris inhaled sharply before asking again. "What is happening? Is he crying?"

"Yeah and If Im not mistaken he's also hyperventilating" Mark seems unbothered with the way he was speaking. Kris on the other hand seems calm but is actually worried.

"Does he have his bag in him?" Kris asked again.

"Yeah, I can see it. The brown slingbag?" He answered.

"Yes. Would you please find his medicine inside? Its for his panic attack"

"I would but not sure if I will" Mark smirked. He doesn't sound like he's teasing.

"Fuck you man. If my brother die I will kill you" Kris was joking. But jokes are half meant right?

"Ooh Im scared" Mark replied laughing.

"For real tho. Just let him take the fucking medicine Mark. This conversation is too unnecessary" Mark was left staring at his lockscreen when the call ended abrupty. Within seconds he received a message.

'Also, take him home' Mark smirked before putting his phone in his pocket. He made his way through a bunch of drunk people.

By the time he reached Gun, the guy was still shaking in fear. His breathing is quick and unsteady. Some guilty looking people besides him are arguing.

"Its all your fault" the short boy accused the taller one.

"It was your idea" the latter answered.

As people were still arguing beside them, Mark quickly took Gun's bag and rummage through it until he found a small box of medicines. There were a lot of medicines in it but they were all the same. He took one of it. Everyone was now looking at him.

"I don't have water. Swallow it dry" Mark commanded before tilting back Gun's head and popping the medicine straight in his throat. He covers his mouth, only to remove it when he heared him cough.

"Got it in?" He asked Gun. The latter nodded weakly while looking straight into his cold eyes. Mark was kinda taken aback when he saw how these delicate brown liquid orbs mirrors his soul. It reflects innocence, misery, hope, and sorrow, all at the same time. It was a beautiful mystery.If Gun was a maze, Mark might get lost in it.

"L..lets go" Mark uttered after moments of silently appreciating his beauty. He might have encountered Gun a couple of times before, given the fact that Kris and him has been friends for a long time, but he has never seen him so close like this.

Mark was holding his hand as they made their way through the crowd. He noticed how thin is the hand he was holding. It felt like it might break if he tighten his grip on him even just a little. 'How is a man so fragile and vulnerable like this?' He mentally asked.

Mark was now driving to Gun's house. The latter was sitting in the passenger seat silently with a heavy lidded eyes. It seems like his panic attack has not fully subsided.

"Th..thank you" Gun said stuttering. They were now parked in front of their gate.

Mark noticed how Gun starts shaking nervously again as soon as they arrived. "Are you okay?"

"Y..yeah" he nodded profusely.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"I..if I do bbad things my mo..mother will cry" he replied before getting out of the car. His voice is now more shaky and his stutter is very apparent. "Thank you and sorry for the bother". He smiled before closing the door and disappearing into the house.

"And so? We all make mistakes. Just don't tell her then" Mark told himself. "Why is he so afraid of his mom? Is he a kindergarten?" He laughed at the thought. He has seen her before and she was the sweetest mother he has ever seen. Why is he that afraid of her?

He was about to drive off when he remembered he needs to pick up a file from Kris. He needs to look at it tonight so that he can plan for tomorrow. He called Kris but the latter doesn't answer. That's when he decided to just go inside. He's been here a couple times and their mom doesn't mind him coming.

He got off his car, entered their gate and went straight to their front door. He was about to knock when he heard someone crying.

"I didn't mean it. Please mom forgive me". The voice belongs to Gun, he was sure about that.

"What did I told you?" A woman's voiced echoed through. It sounded angry and disappointed at the same time.

"A..alcohol makes ppeople do bad things. Its the ddevil's creation. It sshouldd be aavoided" His voice sounded like he is in a great pain. He heard a sound of a whip and a scream full of pain followed after.

"I'm sorry mother" he hears nothing but sorrow in his voice.

"I'm sorry baby I need to do this. This is for your own good" its still the same voice earlier, but this time it sounds so calming. "Go to your room and reflect on the sin you have committed. Ask for forgiveness. Repent my love, repent". It was the last thing Mark heard before it went silent. The crying and the shouting stopped. It was dead silent.

Mark decided to just get the files tomorrow. He doesn't want to interrupt with whatever disciplinary shit is happening inside the house. Its non of his business. He understand. Its something that needs to be done when someone doesn't obey your instructions.

But somehow, remembering Gun's soft dark brown eyes earlier made him feel like he was something that needs to be protected. Its a feeling he was not familiar with. Its weird and he's not liking it.

***
[P.S: I used some characters names from the series instead of thier real one because I'm only familiar with the names of the main casts. This made me think I should've just stick with their names from LBC to lessen confusion. But oh well were in chapter 2 already]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 1.1K 45
Mark Siwat is the son of the owners of a seaside tourist villa in Sulawesi Island in Indonesia. His parents used to have another beach resort busines...
6K 444 26
Gun is heartbroken after discovering that his boyfriend has been dating someone else behind his back. Even though he loves his boyfriend so much, Gun...
5.5K 38 7
hello so quarantines boring so umm this is my first story ever so hope you like it :) ___Things you might want to know___ -i also accept fluff and sm...
56K 2.7K 29
[COMPLETED] BoyxBoy Off didn't expect that the roommate his mother was referring to would be his first love, Gun Atthaphan who also turned out to be...