๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Six: The Journey Begins

20.6K 685 603
By ASTRAGAZER-

The first thing that Sakura thought when she woke up was this;

Today is the day she and Sasuke will go on their journey.

The thought alone made the butterflies in her stomach flutter like crazy as she felt her cheeks heating up. The journey where she and Sasuke will go together. What awaits her is something beyond imagination. They will travel the world together. Just the two of them. No loud, obnoxious yellow haired boy and a closet pervert I-don't-care-about-my-students-but-touch-them-and-I'll-hunt-you-down-to-your-last-bloodline type of Sensei. This times, it'll be just her and Sasuke.

Just her and Sasuke.

Sure, she was there, with everything ready for their journey.

Sakura has her medical kits full of everything she'll be needing. Change of clothes and cloaks. Food pills, water and rice balls. There is only one thing that's missing.

Oh, and it's not a thing.

It's a man. A certain raven haired man is currently missing in action.

"Sasuke...-kun?" Sakura blinked more times than necessary as she eyed the living room. No traces of Sasuke was left. He was not in the kitchen, in the balcony even Sakura gathered all her courage to check the bathroom but he wasn't there.

Could he be..?

Then Sakura caught a piece of paper on the coffee table. She took it and reluctantly unfolded the paper. The writing was a bit messy but she understood the message as clear as day.

I need to leave.
-Sasuke

No! Sasuke isn't that heartless of a man. Maybe if they were back in their teens, Sakura may believe Sasuke really did leave her but now that he's matured and atoned for his sins, there's no way Sasuke could just vanish like that.

Could he?

What if Sasuke realized that bringing her along would be too much of a hassle. Maybe the reason why he was still awake late last night was because he kept on thinking that maybe this journey with her was a complete waste of his precious time. Maybe he thought that Sakura was still the weak crybaby back in their genin days who needed to be saved. Perhaps he thought that bringing Sakura would be a handicap since having only one hand is handicap enough.

Was she not really worth it? After going to such length as to talking to her parents, bowing in front of them showing the utmost respect. After bringing her to the Uchiha Compound and their sacred temple. Was everything just for show. Or maybe an act so Sakura wouldn't feel too sad after living her?

Maybe, after all, he still don't feel the same way as Sakura. Maybe after all this time, it was always a one-sided love. It's a shame how Sakura's got her hopes up high. But still, her love for Sasuke didn't decrease a bit. She waited for years. She know it wouldn't be long before he came back.

It wouldn't take him that long.

Not that long.

At least maybe for a few months or weeks.

But Sakura absolutely did not expect the raven haired man to be back a few hours later.

There, he stood in the doorway, with all his glory already dressed for the journey with his poncho.

Sakura stared at Sasuke as if he's a winged angel sent from above. Her eyes slightly glossy. She could see his mouth moving, he's saying something.

In Sakura's imagination, probably because she's in a state of confusion, she could hear Sasuke.

"I forgot something important." Sasuke walked slowly, towards Sakura as he kneeled down on the floor in front of her.

"Something really important to me." He lift his hand and cupped her cheeks. His palm was cold in contrast with Sakura's warm cheek. "What is it Sasuke-kun?"

Sakura had a dreamy far-off look, her eyes half-lidded as Sasuke went closer, their lips mere inches as their breath fan their face.

"I forgot my sword."

"My sword. You didn't see it?" Sakura flinch in her sit as she shook her head and looked at Sasuke. What's with that thought anyways?

"Huh?"

"You probably thought I already left. But you didn't see my sword. How could I leave without bringing my sword, idiot."

Sasuke pointed on the sheathed katana on the floor. How could Sakura not have seen it? Her mind is playing imagination with her again.

When Sakura finally got rid of her confusing and not to mention embarrassing thoughts, she stood up. "But where did you go?"

"Kakashi called me early in the morning, he said it was important. I left a note."

Sakura looked at the note. Well, yeah sure he left a note. A note that says he need to leave. How in the world could she know how far he'll go with that note. For all she knew he could go outside or half the world away and she wouldn't have any idea. Sasuke and his vagueness.

"Anyway, what did the Rokudaime tell you?" Sakura asked as she prepared to arranged her stuff. The sun is about to set so she doubt if they'll leave tonight.

"He gave me a mission. In fact he said I should do this alone. But he was surprise when I told him no." Sasuke's next words surprise Sakura that she stopped walking for a second. "I told him you'll be coming with me."

There we go again. The hammering in her chest, the butterflies going wild, her cheeks heating up. Even though Sasuke's words sound as blank as his face, the underlying meaning is enough to make Sakura feel this way.

"Get ready, we'll be leaving in a few minutes." Sasuke handed her a scroll. "That was the mission Kakashi gave me."

Sakura wondered what mission it was. But before anything else, she needed to get ready. She wore her cloak and arranged her things as Sasuke waited in the living room. While standing there, looking at the note, he promptly remembered what transpired this morning.

That morning, he knew the next few hours will be eventful. In fact he couldn't sleep well last night because his mind kept pondering over things. He was up before daybreak by then he saw an eagle outside the window, a note tied down around its foot. It was he note from the Hokage that said Sasuke must be in the office urgently. So, Sasuke having no choice, left a note because he doesn't want to wake Sakura and went straight to the sixth Hokage's office. There, he saw Kakashi with his hands prompt up on his desk as the former Sensei eyed his student seriously.

"I'll be frank with you, Sasuke. We have to postpone your journey with Sakura."

First day in the morning and that was what Kakashi told him. Sasuke sighed and closed his eyes. "Is it a mission?"

"Yes, it is. Apparently the Land of Steam is facing an unknown disease. People are falling ill as their chakra is being suck by an unknown entity. The remnants of the war and Kaguya Otsotsoki is still present up to this day. So I want you to investigate with your rinnegan."

After Kakashi's explanation, Sasuke has drawn his conclusion. "What about Sakura?"

It's hard to see the expression behind Kakashi's mask. Whether he remain impassive or he smirked Sasuke had no idea.

"What about her? She'll be staying here."

Sasuke turned around and was ready to walk outside, but before he could get near the door, he stopped and spoke. "I made a promise, Kakashi. Sakura's coming with me. Besides, you did say people are falling ill. Wouldn't it be wise to bring a master in medical ninjutsu?"

This time, Kakashi dis smirk. In fact he even chuckled. "Sure. I was just testing you. Now that I know you're actually determined to bring her along, you two have my permission. Just be careful."

Sasuke walked outside the office. The events after that, he could hardly remember. He went to the Uchiha Compound and fell somewhere in the forest. After that, it was afternoon then he came back to Sakura's apartment to see the pinkette with gloomy aura looming around her.

After getting ready, the two walked towards the Konoha gate. This gate that stood tall and witness a lot of memories. This time, it was just the two of them. Their comrades, Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura's parents already knew of this journey as they told them beforehand. So this time, as the two took their step outside the Konoha, Sakura felt something stirring inside her chest. She halted for a second and turned around, Sasuke doing the same as well.

"Bye for now, Konohagakure. I'll see you soon!" Sakura had a bright smile as she waved her hand to no one in particular. "Let's go, Sasuke-kun!"

"Hn,"

The two begin to run towards the far-off horizon. Even though they are going on a mission, it feels like a lot of things will happen in this journey. As they hopped on trees they saw the sun bid a temporary farewell to this side of the world, living a promise of hope for tomorrow.
.
.
.
.
.

Author-senpai apologizes for taking too long to update and such a short Chapter. But this is important for the transition towards their journey. You know, School started so I have less time to write. But since I have lots of free times between lectures, I'll use it to write some Chapters and publish over the weekend so stay tuned!

And by the way, A BIG THANK YOU FOR 800+ READS! YAY! Author-senpai loves you so muchhhh!

Thanks for reading. Vote/comment!

The picture in the media isn't mine. It was drawn by Sekibeing (I guess) correct me if I'm wrong. So yeah, the picture is the official art from SasuSaku journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...
46.8K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
4.3K 345 20
SASUSAKU (AU) SURFING Sasuke Uchiha, leading a dull life, yearns for excitement. His world changes when he unexpectedly encounters Sakura Haruno, an...
47.8K 3K 33
[Sasuke Uchiha X Sakura Haruno] Sakura Haruno knew falling for her fictional character was a bad idea. Now she's in a complicated situation, waking u...