The Neurologist's Love

Da SarahYBooks-

A story about a 24-years-old Muslim Girl living a typical pakistani life as a doctor. She is faced with discr... Altro

A U T H O R 'S N O T E
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 1 0
C H A P T E R 1 1
C H A P T E R 1 2
C H A P T E R 1 3
C H A P T E R 1 4
C H A P T E R 1 5
C H A P T E R 1 6
C H A P T E R 1 7
C H A P T E R 1 8
C H A P T E R 1 9
C H A P T E R 2 0
C H A P T E R 2 1
C H A P T E R 2 2
C H A P T E R 2 3
C H A P T E R 2 5
C H A P T E R 2 6
C H A P T E R 2 7
C H A P T E R 2 8
C H A P T E R 2 9
C H A P T E R 3 0
C H A P T E R 3 1
C H A P T E R 3 2
C H A P T E R 3 3

C H A P T E R 2 4

269 30 7
Da SarahYBooks-

A/N: A long chapter for my amazing readers, did I ever mention how grateful I am for all of you Alhamdulilah! Things are getting heated and heated, what could possibly happen next?! Any suggestions of where this story would go?

It had been a very long time where the world felt like it revolved around me, it felt as if whatever was beeping in the air was all because of me. My heart thumped louder and louder, as the world slowly spun around me. The monitor silently fell flatline, all I heard were the child parents screaming in agony, in fear, yelling, and the nurses were trying to calm them down.

My hands were masked in the kids warm blood, and I just stood there. My head was already feeling heavy in pain, with everything, and now this, it was just getting too much. At this point I was numb, before I knew it.. I was out running towards the washroom. 'Breath in and Breath out' I kept pushing myself to remember. The kid - whom I do not know the name of - had an organ outside of his body which popped, and that was something we were trying to avoid. It was his hard, very weak, it's muscles and tissues barely held it up, and I was there, CPR was not going to do anything for the kid, and it really didn't... I tried to repair as much as bleeding as I could, but that poor child really didn't have much ahead of him anyways.

I gulped nervously, throwing the bloody gloves and gown in the trash I washed my face around 300 hundred times.

"dr. aiylah, they're calling you" someone called out through the door.

"um... yes...yes" my voice had it's own mind, I was so confused, and lost, and so scared to confront the parents. It had been ages losing someone from my own bare hands, I definitely had to stay strong because that always happens when you are a doctor... you meet patients that either go home, or die.

This was not the only time where I felt like all eyes were seeping into my soul, i was so distraught, that I hadn't realized that shortly after my trip at the hospital my body was in a whole different environment. Once only Zayna nudged me, I woke up and found myself in the cafe near the hospital. "you're not okay! what happened?!" Zayna caught me very well.

"just... a patient" I sighed shaking my head. Trust me I wasn't about to go on and start crying in front of my future sister in law to be.

"I can't imagine, is it really that hard" said Aisha, the one who dreams to be a medical student, "I mean look this scares me! what if i get attached to a patient alot and oh my god they die, oh my god" her usual girly side came out.

"it's not even about being close, it wasn't even my patient... it was still a human, and it still hurts" I sighed, "anyways... what theme have everyone decided on"

"could i speak with you Aiylah... aside" Samiya said.

My eyes snapped at her, confused as to why she wanted to talk to me privately. Obviously I didn't say no, "is everything okay" I questioned her.

"I have observed you"

and thats what I was hoping she didn't say, she's a fricken psychologist, obviously I wasn't the best at acting in the beginning. Could I just point out, who in there right mind starts of a conversation like that. Anyways, she continued on, "are you really into this marriage?"

I was pretty taken a back, "um, yes? why are you saying this?"

She discussed about how in our first meetings, i didn't seem like I was into it, or ready for it, it almost looked as if I was forced to sit there and deal with them, and then she went on to explain how now its different, and now i am more accepting, but basically she just wanted to check if I was down. I ended up clarifying everything, but boy oh boy, was she a good psychic... or psychologist, same thing right?

Gratefully she believed me, and I was doing much better about this anyways unlike before of course. So we made our way back and ended up discussing about what we should do for the nikkah, time is going so much faster than I had anticipated. 

We ended up settling on a theme, it was going to be silver blue and darkish white-grey if that made anysense. I had already chosen the outfit with my mom, we were just getting something tailored, fixed and all those interesting stuff. The cards were all ready and made, and that was one reason why all the girls were here. they wanted to see the cards!

I took it out from my huge bag, and there eyes popped open. It was indeed gorgeous, it had ice blue writing on it with a velvet white feel to the card, and the packaging was absolutely gorgeous. The girls were mesmerized, and kept talking about how they would want it like this and that on their wedding. It was pretty hyped up, i mean you know weddings. That is how we spent our afternoon till forever in the evening, I occasionally felt bad for sitting at this cafe for a long time, so I would order some snacks and coffee of course, you know gotta respect the owners.

---

the night fell in and we finally left the cafe place. "thank you for the latte" I yelled back as we exited the store.

"should we get something to eat?" Maheen asked, "starving..."

"it's late, and I got an early shift tomorrow" I sighed, the girls immediately made an obvious excuse that they were busy as well.

Upon saying our good byes we finally made our way back towards our houses, Zayna and I lived extremely near each other so we were the two that ended up walking late at night. our walk pretty much consisted of random topics over conversation, with small periods of silents in between, the pretty usual you see. The air was breezy and summery, had the perfect hint of chill, but at the same time protective and warm. The clouds hovered over the sky, hiding the moon within, it was silent, really silent until something weird happened. Something had whooshed past me causing me to fall harshly onto the ground, zayna gasped in fear and quickly grabbed me. I was so unaware about everything, that it was so fast and and odd until I felt something in my hands. A paper like feeling, slowly looking down my heart started to race as I saw some sort of sheet wrapped up in a ball within the palms of my hands.

"Aiyla... are you okay, oh my god" Zayna caught me off guard.

It was so in the moment, I did not know what to say. "yes... I am fine, I have no idea what that was, probably an aminal" I giggled getting up. Before she could see anything, I quickly shoved the peace of paper inside my pockets and ignored it until I had reached home. The whole way back home, my eyes were cautiously gauging out around me, trying to see if anyone was stalking me, there were many times where I had the urge to tell zayna what the heck was going on, but I wasn't so sure... maybe I fell and I landed on this piece of paper. All these thoughts, assumptions, and scenarios crippled around me, exhausting me to the point I had no idea what Zayna was talking about.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I finally saw my house. "okay sis, I will see you later, allah hafiz" Zayna squeezed me into a hug.

"allah hafiz girl! see you tomorrow" I yelled back as we departed our ways.

Too scared, I ran for my life inside the house and shut the door behind me. "Aiylah, you were so late" my uncle/mamu called out.

"y-yeah... just planning you know" I panted, trying to catch my breath. Clearly, this indicated that I had to start working out again, I lost my breath from running a meter to my house, maybe the fear of someone behind me and attacking me again kept lingering within the pit of my stomach, so I couldn't even think of anything...

"okay, well, mama was worried... next time make sure you call"

"yes, of course, I am sorry I will" I smiled at him, and walked into my room. My throat was hella dry after panting like a maniac, once I felt soothed down and relaxed I managed to take out the crumpled up paper I stored in my pocket!

clearly my mind prayed that it wasn't by any of those stalkers that were stalking me, it could've been anything right? as the paper finally opened up and I smoothed out as much as I could, it read...

if I am able to get this note in your hands... I can do many things to you, stop this wedding, or else, next time it won't be a gentle push.

Instead of fear, my pulse started to race in anger. who the heck was talking to my like this, and who the hell had the right to do this. I didn't understand why it was so important to stop the wedding?! It didn't make any sense to me at the time. My eyes immediately went from the paper to my windows that were wide open, out of dread and fear, I rushed and quickly closed the windows and curtains. Definitely, I was being stalked, and this stalker was able to do anything he or she wanted.

Oh how much I wanted to tell hamza about this, but I didn't have his number. impatiently I had to wait till the next morning, because clearly nothing was going to work right now and I wasn't about to go asking his sisters for his number.

To take my mind off of things I normally watch shows, but because I am known for my impulsivity it was and generally is extremely hard for me to concentrate and do other things when something major is going on in my life and i need to take action of it. It's not the best trait to have, so I ended up watching a couple of shows and tried to fall asleep, which was like around 4am, and my work began at 6am. It took me a while, after fajr, I managed to force my self to fall asleep, for atleast an hour, but by that time the morning fell in and I had to wake up for my early shift.

my eyes were deeply shut, it took me a couple of minutes to wash it open, god I was hella sleepy that day, i didn't look the best either. yes, i did care about my overall presence, and how I appeared, but that day I was so sleepy, so anxious, I popped on whatever and made my way too work.

Making my way to work I had a quick stop at Starbucks ordering their strongest grande coffee, I was dead asleep, coffee managed to do some sort of work so I actually got another coffee after another hour, and trust me this wasn't that helpful or healthy at all, but I had to do what I had to do. Chilling in the intern lounge I started to put things away, when I heard some interesting conversation that arose by the interns. I couldn't really pick much up, but it was something along the lines of Doctors, arguments, who might get fired, something along the lines of that. Clearly, that was none of my concerns and the first year interns always had a habit of listening to gossips. I remember when the girls and I were in first year, we were obsessed with our white coats and our stethoscopes and all of the doctors around us, that sort of shenanigans. You know, I feel like once you get into your fourth year of pretty much anything whether it's medical school, undergrad, any form of education, you are just done with everything, like literally exhausted, burnt out, and all you wanna do is finish it as fast as you could.

I still remember the first day of our rounds it was in a surgical department where we had to handle cardio surgery. Well not technically handle, we were pretty much just watching since obviously we weren't skilled at all, all we did was take notes and look, and I remembered that specific first day one of my friends at the time had fainted. Which is quite normal but, It would happen quite ever so often, that the board members actually got worried and had her take a leave to get some help. I honestly haven't been in touch with her ever since, hopefully she's grown and can handle being around people cut open. Brushing my thoughts away I was about to leave the door until I startled backwards in the presence of seeing someone, "N-Nadia?!" I muttered .

In case if you don't remember, before coming to PetersBrooke Hospital I started off somewhere else. It was quite low-key, I used to call it the racist hospital, the amount of times I used to get targeted because of wearing the hijab... it was utterly insane. Not only that, The hospital was just filled with elderly's which didn't allow me to enjoy it as much as I thought it would. What I meant was, I realized that I really wanted to work with kids and I wasn't going to get that at that hospital. It was actually quite brutal going there almost every single time, considering I spent my last three years there things would've gotten normal, but I guess that's just life and it depends where you are surrounded, and with who. Anyways so this girl, was another intern over there, we used to have a lot of arguments sometimes because she would steal my cases and let's say I also stole her cases, technically it was pretty much a huge competition. Remember, I did say the first few years of internship are very competitive, everyone wants this, everyone wants that, it's very... how to word this... a gossip world.

"AssalamuAlaikum" I cleared my throat, "how are you?! What are you doing here?!"

I was really hoping that she didn't join this hospital as well, I know that this is not the best way to think about others but technically I just really didn't want another competition especially it being the last internship year. "I've joined this hospital now!" She smirked. I literally rolled my eyes inside, her presence still radiated the competitive type of person she was from the beginning. Her attitude was still on point to how it was the last time i left her, and it seems that she was definitely going to plot stuff against me if we were on the same team. "Looks like the games begin" she then said.

" listen, congratulations on finally making it here. Though, I am not the type to play games." My voice came out quite firm.

She's a scoffed and rolled her eyes. I was so pissed off that I could strangle her there in there. "okay baby" she mocked.

Baby?! I was so caught off guard, that I was about to strangle her, "excuse me"

"clearly you do not have guts anymore"

"no, sis, clearly I just have matured up" I yelled back. The room was left with an airy silent, all of the interns staring back at us.

"don't mess with her, she's Dr. hamza's fiance" An intern spilled the tea.

Nadia just rolled her eyes, shoved things away and made her way out of the room.

It had only been an hour to my day with Nadia and she was already scraping my mind off, not one second went by where she didn't know the answer, all the doctors were "sooo" impressed by her like she was some miracle from heaven. I didn't plan on letting her get to me, but it was, and it was getting extremely hard to bare, even the clock start moving slowly and louder, every second the tick would occur and she would've spoke a thousand words. "relax, leave it alone" Maryam reassured me, trying to keep my temper down. Again, like I said, i wasn't going to let her ruin my day, but she really did. She kept Dr. Hamza so preoccupied on purpose! I knew it! That is when I noted that it wasn't just be getting irritated by her, in our all discussion meeting with the board member I could swear that I saw Dr. Asad rolled his eyes every time time her mouth would open, this definitely had caused me to giggle, which I pray that Dr. Asad didn't note. It almost felt relieving that there was a well-known doctor that didn't like her. Again, not to be rude or anything, but god darn... boy is she so annoying.

Time flew by and my last piece of patience had shattered on the floor once I heard her speak again. My blood was boiling at her prideness, i couldn't handle people like that. So, I did what I had to do, obviously... cut her from every sentence she makes. Upon doing that I noticed Hamza trying to hold back the smirk he so obvious wanted to do. However, Dr. Asad couldn't control his laughter and chuckled in his most deep voice, all eyes went on him... and I felt awkward for making this situation happen.

"Excuse, that was very inappropriate of you" Nadia snarled back at him.

Everyone in the room felt quite, and his face went from the laughter to the most deadliest serious face I had ever seen. Not going to lie, but it gave me the chills. Seeming Nadia noted it, she quickly continued on with her sentence and managed to add my name as if she was referring to me. I did not want nothing do with her, I just rolled my eyes and went on with our last round at the neuro section.

"looks like we have a big case ahead of us" dr. hamza smiled, it was evident that this case was his sweetest piece of chocolate, you could definitely see through the smile. "so, upon that we have observed all of you and have decided to take the two most competitive people, I and Dr. Asad will chose the team we want to coach, and see who wins" He smirked.

At this moment, my excitement was at a peak, I was so sure Hamza was definitely going to chose me.

"Nadia, you will be working with me" he grinned, looking at me.

Or so I thought. My eyes beamed back at him, clearly this man did this out of his own entertainment. He knew how much I hated her, it sort of threw me off, i wanted to strangle him and push Nadia as far away as possible.

"Dr Aiyla will be on my team" Dr. Asad smirked, looking at his friend. I could definitely tell Hamza was thrown off, but I mean why not.

"then let the games begin" I smiled back.

"what your back" nadia whispered, causing myself to internally bleed. I literally hated her guts!

A/N: HOPE YOU  LIKED IT HEHEH .. fun chapter to right ;)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

157K 6.1K 40
Makson Kingston a 24-year-old cold-hearted CEO. He is known all over the world, owns the biggest company, and is the youngest and the most successful...
745 142 15
This story is about love between a girl and a boy who are in an arranged marriage. Despite being young, their arranged marriage turns into love, and...
22.3K 1.5K 21
In the third year of her doctorate degree, right before her Gynea exam, Mashal is abducted. The long buried family secrets unfold, rendering Mashal...
212 10 11
Ayah, a 21 year old who girl who struggles with herself on a daily basis. Though being a practicing muslimah she has found herself stuck in places w...