Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWO

1.7K 91 21
By DestinyKeianna

Leandra above

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

E a r l y m o r n i n g s, l a t e n i g h t s

I showed up to Freedream Film Productions bright and early in the morning. As I styled my black naturally curly, neck-length hair into a high curly puff ball held up by a white extra, thick scrunchy. I added a natural makeup to my heart-shaped face which broadened my dark brown, close-set eyes, my Nubian nose, pointy chin, wide forehead, and high cheekbones.

I dressed myself into a dressy off the shoulder white tee, high waisted, denim blue capris that accentuated my wide hips and paired it with my white lace-up flat sandals and a nude long-body bag.

Whenever I got to the building and parked alongside of it, I quickly went into the bathroom to use it. Once I was done, I washed my hands with the foam soap and used the paper towel before throwing it in the trash. Then, I made sure that I had enough deodorant and perfume this morning, I added coconut lotion to my heavenly honey complexion.

Afterwards, I pulled out my lip gloss to apply to my bow shaped lips and gave myself a smile. It was going to be a long day at work, but I needed to get through this until I made a name for myself in the company and I was considered trustworthy. It might take weeks for me to get my plan in focus.

Checking my makeup on my face to make sure that it looked good I left out of the bathroom and got ready to clock in for work. Walking over to the system, I clocked in and moved over to the break area to start making coffee for the production crew today.

I put the coffee cream first, adding the hot coffee and began to place just enough sugar into all the cups before positioning the cups on the tray and the tops. Leaving out of the area, seeing the key production assistant heaving in my direction with a face expression of surprise since I was here earlier than her.

"Good morning, Leandra!" I greeted cheerfully, wanting to rub it in her face. "You like coffee?"

Leandra Hendricks was twenty-four years old and has been working for Freedream Film Productions for a few years as she just moved up recently from a regular production assistant to the key production assistant. Before I even interviewed for the job, I did research on most of the people that worked at the company and she was the person that I had to study.

She definitely was the one to beat, as she was quick-witted, extremely focused and persistent in her job duties, is always punctual, very professional, finishes her task in a timely manner, shows true loyalty, is truly reliable and lastly, she puts on a very hardworking, remarkable, and smart work ethic that I find both inspiring and motivational.

If I didn't have want to reach success as bad as I wanted it—I would admire her, but for now she had the job that gave her—respect, power and honor.

Besides Leandra's good work ethics, she was pretty. She dressed in an olive-green dress that hugged her slim curves, paired with single sole high heels as her topaz colored skin glistened with shiny lotion and her red curly long hair was styled in its natural state. Her hazel green eyes, hooked shaped nose with tiny freckles and small lips shown an expression that she didn't expect me here, as her angular shaped head tilted.

"Well done Ms. Davidson," She clapped her hands, strutting up to me as she handed me the iPad and walkie talkie. "If anything, you make my job easier, and don't think you have what it takes to be in my position sweetie, because you are-,"

"Irreplaceable." I finished for her, keeping my cheerful tone as I held on to the iPad and the tray of coffee after hooking the walkie talkie to my front pants pocket.

"Glad you know." She winked, brushing past me.

I didn't bother letting it get to me as I kept a pep in my step and got ready to get on the elevator. Pressing the button, I saw a female around my age waiting beside me.

"You must be the new assistant." She stated, as she had a silvery tone of voice.

I looked at her, nodding my head. "Yes, I am. I would shake your hand, but my hands are full."

She waved it off, getting on the elevator as well as I. "Nice to meet you, I'm Malaysia Howard one of the set designers of the company."

"Breanna, Breanna Davidson." I told her, getting comfortable in the elevator. "How long you've been working here?"

"Um... almost two years." She squinted her eyes as she thought. "Yeah, two years."

"That's really cool, you like it here?" I glanced over at her. "Wait, you're gorgeous!"

She was around my height, with an hourglass figure as she wore a belted pocket lace bodice, black jumpsuit, black ankle open-toe stilettos that showcased her fresh white pedicured toenails and she accessorized with silver stud earrings, freshly white manicured nails, and a silver bracelet.

Her beautiful dark hazelnut skin glowed as she had a sultry glam makeup look that complimented her dark brown protruding eyes, Nubian nose and her round shaped face features, meaning her wide cheekbones, round chin, soft jaw and her full lips that were coated in a nude shade, whereas her long, black hair was styled in a sleek low ponytail.

"Thanks," She smiled. "As well as you. I love it here as it's a nice company and our boss is a cool guy. Very down to earth and of course the check is amazing."

"Mr. McKnight?" I asked, raising a brow. "I guess since I'm still new here that I don't see that side of him yet."

"Yeah, him. He's really serious about his work so maybe that's the reason," She replied. "Especially since there's no telling on what kind of shows or movies he's deciding to make. He's one of the bosses where he has various ideas for everything."

I knew that they were putting things together for a new project.

The elevator doors opened as we both walked out and were going in the same direction, the writer's room. Since both of my hands were occupied by carrying the tray with one hand and holding the iPad in the other, Malaysia offered to hold the door for me and I thanked her, going inside as I recognized the faces of the people that I introduced myself to yesterday.

"Good morning." I uttered into the room, putting the coffee in front of everyone as Malaysia took a seat at the big round dark wood table.

"Morning." Everyone replied in a union.

"Davidson." Mr. McKnight called me over, giving me a look.

I ambled towards him, getting ready to start my next task. "Yes?"

"We're having an important meeting this morning, so I want you to file paperwork and the data entry immediately before the meeting starts in a few hours." He assigned. "Here's the folder of the paperwork that you will be photocopying, I want two thousand copies."

"Not a problem, anything else?" I asked him.

"That's all for now, I will let you know when I need you again." He replied.

I shook my head, making sure that everyone in the room had their hands on a coffee.

"Breanna is it?" The screen writer, Mrs. Angelina Terry spoke.

"Yes?" I looked at her.

"You make a nice cup of coffee." She stated. "Not too sweet and not bitter, just right."

"Indeed." Mr. Korbin Nash, the story producer agreed. "Nicely done."

"Thank you." I gave them a curtsey, grabbing the tray as I took hold of the folder, and held on to the iPad before leaving out of the room.

Heading to the elevator, the doors opened and out walked Raheem looking good in his work attire. Today he wore an all-black long sleeve, button down shirt with gray slacks held by a black belt and black Oxford dress shoes.

"Morning Ms. Davidson." He approached me, extending his hands out for a handshake.

"Morning." I grinned, giving him a handshake. "Hope you have a good day!"

"Same to you." He grinned, showing his straight teeth before going to the writers' room.

I got on the elevator, taking a deep breath and slowly exhaling as my back stood against the wall of the elevator. Being an assistant was so stressful. As the elevator doors opened to the first floor, I sauntered to the printer putting the first copy in the scanner and made sure to press the amount of copies that I needed.

While I waited for the papers to print, I rushed to the desk to start organizing the filling system. I needed to make sure that I created a file for each item. It took me a few minutes finishing the files as I checked on the paperwork that were still being printed.

As the papers continued to print, I used the rest of my time to get started on the data entries. Clicking on the excel app, I used the data entry form as I looked in the folder for the list of people who were in the industry to get in contact with for the new project that the company was currently working on.

I wish that I knew what the project was going to be, possibly a tv series or movie.

Finally, the papers were finished printing and I still had to finish the date entries since there were over one hundred people to contact. I gathered the papers and slid it into the folder before I got ready to head back to the writer's room.

I left the office going to the elevator and got ready to get on. As I slid inside, I pressed the second-floor button and stood against the wall until it took me to the second floor. Making my way down the hallway, I got to the writer's room and overheard voices coming from the room since the door was open. They were all talking about the new upcoming project.

I decided to just walk into the room and pretend that I wasn't paying attention to their plans. I moved over to Mr. McKnight who was focused on the paperwork in his hands until I got closer to him.

"Hi Mr. McKnight," I greeted, placing the folder in front of him. "Here is the completed two thousand copy papers needed, and I'll send in the link the data entry to you in the email."

"Thank you." He opened the folder, passing along the papers to everyone in the room. "Make sure to send the link and the guests that are coming to the meeting will show up in minutes, and please send them here."

"Got it, anything else?" I questioned.

"No, that is all right now." He replied, standing up.

I left out of the room, going back to the elevator as I checked off the tasks that I had done so far, and headed back to the first floor to finish off the data entry.

Since it wasn't on my list, I dialed Meche's Donut King and asked to have donuts delivered to the company for everyone that we're going to be in the meeting. As the workers told me that it was going to be ten minutes, I replied perfect and hung the phone as I continued with the data entry.

While I was doing the data entry on the computer it reminded me of the time when I learned it in high school in this class called IBCA and my old job where I was a receptionist. I needed to add in the contact's information meaning the business name, address, phone number, business email, their role or job title, and personal email.

I only had sixty contacts completed and needed to add forty more contacts. Typing the rest of the contacts I was halfway done and the phone rung.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Good morning, I'm Makenna Richardson," The person on the other line said. "Here for the meeting, where do I go?"

"Morning, are you outside of the building?"

"Yes ma'am, I see the door that says enter is that the entrance door inside of the building?" She questioned.

"Yes ma'am, just walk in and you'll see the lobby," I explained. "You'll keep walking and then you will see the entrance."

"Okay thank you." She stated.

"Not a problem."

She hung up the phone, as I placed the phone back and kept doing my data entry until a woman got inside of the lobby.

"Good morning, I'm Mr. McKnight's newest assistant, Breanna Davidson, that you communicated with on the phone." I told her, giving her a soft smile.

"Oh hi, how are you." She extended her hand out for a handshake.

"I'm fine, I'll escort you to the where the meeting is located." I stood up from the chair, as I directed Ms. Richardson towards the elevator. Once we reached the floor, moving down the hallway to the writer's room I knocked on the door and opened the door, "Mr. McKnight, this is Ms. Makenna Richardson here for the meeting."

"Thanks, Good morning Ms. Richardson." Mr. McKnight stood up tall from his chair, to greet her.

I left the room, getting back on the elevator as it took me back to the first floor and I heard the phone ringing again, so I rushed to my desk to answer it.

"Hello?"

"This is the deliver for Meche's Donut King, here for a delivery." He announced.

"Yay! You can come up to the lobby."

He responded before hanging up and he found his way into the lobby as I met him halfway.

"Thank you so much." I pulled out a twenty for a tip and grabbed the two dozen boxes from him.

As he walked out, two people entered the lobby and I knew that it was Mrs. Brooks and Mr. Livingston as it was a woman and a man.

"Good morning, are you here for a meeting with Mr. McKnight?" I immediately asked.

They both nodded, as I got out of my chair.

"Follow me, I'll escort you to the meeting location." I smiled, picking up the donut boxes and moved them to the elevator.

I led them to the second floor and down to the writer's room as the door was open.

"Mrs. Brooks and Mr. Livingston," I told everyone in the room, before putting the donuts on the counter. "I bought donuts for you all to have for this important meeting, hope you enjoy!"

"That is very thoughtful of you, Ms. Davidson." Mrs. Terry uttered.

Everyone in the room agreed, as I got ready to leave out of the room to let them continue with their meeting. I walked out of the room and closing the door, I literally bumped into Leandra who stared me down.

"I know what you're trying to do but sweetie, it won't work." She voiced, as she squinted her eyes before crossing her arms over her chest.

Instead of replying to her or even giving her a reaction, I gave her a wink and pressed the down button on the elevator. The doors opened up and I got inside and tapped the first-floor button. I closed my eyes as I imagined myself on an island that had a minimum amount of people with no worries, just focused on relaxing and as the elevator doors opened, my dream was over, while reality set in.

By the time I escorted the rest of the people that were here for the meeting to the writer's room, I was ecstatic to be sitting and finally completing the rest of my data entries as I sent the link to Mr. McKnight and got ready to take my fifteen minute break.

. . .

As all the meetings were over and the day was turned into the night, I was still working meaning I had to take phone calls, send emails, set up new meetings, run errands, communicate with different people and send off paperwork. I was completely tired as I could feel pain forming in my hands as it was now time for me to clock out.

While I clocked out, making sure to add everything together, I logged off and shut down the computer before grabbing my things to leave.

"Breanna!" A soft voice called.

I looked up, seeing Malaysia, Raheem, Leandra and a few other people that I didn't meet.

"Hey."

"We were all going out for dinner, would you like to come with us?" Malaysia questioned, tossing her hair over her shoulders.

I looked at everyone in the group, specifically the people that I didn't know. I didn't want to be the odd one in the group or try to figure everyone's personality yet. I even felt that becoming closer with your co-workers was dangerous.

"I don't she can, Malaysia," Leandra answered for me, giving me a sly smirk. "She has to be here super early in the morning and she can't be late, right B?"

I studied her face expression, as I wondered whether I should bother even taunting her if I did go out with them to eat but I knew that she would try to keep her coworkers' distance from me. Although, I did have a lovable, goofy and fun-loving personality that would make anyone feel good.

"It'll be a way to welcome her into our little circle." Malaysia said.

"No, Leandra's right. I have to get up early in the morning tomorrow," I declined the offer. "But maybe some other time, you all enjoy yourselves."

They didn't bother to ask me again as they walked ahead and I turned off the lights, but not before I heard the elevator doors opening which revealed Mr. McKnight leaving out of it.

He stopped and eyed me for a minute as he continued moving down the hallway of the lobby.

"Davidson, May I ask you why you are still in my building?" He glared down at me, lifting a brow and looked mighty good doing it.

Bruh.

"I'm s-Sorry sir, I was going to until I heard the elevator." I stammered embarrassingly, feeling my face growing hot as I decided to pretend that I didn't speak and tried to leave out of the building quickly.

I opened the door and sped walked to my parking spot where my rental Chevrolet car was parked alongside of the building and stepped inside. Putting my keys inside of the ignition, I drove out of the parking lot and on the direction of the hotel that I was staying in for another night.

Since I've been living in LA for only a few days now, I was going to start looking for apartments or a one-bedroom house to rent since I had enough money to do so.

I couldn't wait to get comfortable out here in Los Angeles, California.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 41 15
Star isn't any typical teenager who wants to go to prom, graduate high school, and find their true love. From constantly being tortured, hurt, and di...
3.7K 125 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
758K 17.9K 23
Katrina a young girl who lives in the low class area of California, has been judged all her life she been hurt broken and everyone calls her the fat...
9.5K 860 17
TW This story has mature themes, anxiety, depression, traumas, angst and violence 4 Zindagiyan hai ek duje se anjan, Kya inke rishte ko kabhi mil p...