Sweaters and Angels

By SBthemysterious

Sweater wearing, art loving Indigo has a problem. A totally called for problem that's as cliche as it gets, b... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1 | Splotchy Beginnings
Chapter 2 | Lady Gaga Has Mind Control?
Chapter 3 | Bad Boys? Thats Cool
Chapter 4 | I'm Right For Once
Chapter 5 | Impeccable
Chapter 6 | Sucker for the Eyes
Chpapter 7 | Never Disrespect a Lady Dude
Chapter 8 | Bottle Brains
Chapter 9 | Dreams or Memories?
Chapter 10 | Pillow Thief
Chapter 11 | Idiocy at its Finest
Chapter 12 | Haters Gonna Hate
Chapter 13 | Sunglasses at Night?
Chapter 14 | Bees are Cool
Chapter 15| The Roach Returns
Chapter 16 | I'm a Ferrari
Chapter 17 | Car Rides and Good Times
Chapter 18 | Touch My Pancakes and You're Dead
Chapter 19 | That Was Unexpected
Chapter 20 | You Started a War
Chapter 21 | Rumor Has It
Chapter 22 | That's Just Showbiz Baby
Chapter 23 | USE PROTECTION
Chapter 24 | It's Going Down, I'm Yelling Timber
Chapter 26 | High School Musical Bullshit
Chapter 27 | Turbo Slug
Chapter 28 | I'm Batman?
Update???
Chapter 29 | Pink and Sparkly
Chapter 30 | From the Shadows
Chapter 31 | Yain't
Chapter 32 | The One Serious Chapter This Book Will Ever Have
Chapter 33 | Shots Fired

Chapter 25 | Savagry Unknown

5.8K 229 16
By SBthemysterious

A/N: Minor character who you'll meet later above.

Indigo's POV:

My mom was gone before I even woke up this morning. Shipped off to work to handle whatever shit people were complaining about this time as if she didn't have a life outside of her miserable job. The only sign she left of coming home last night was a forgotten takeout container left to rot on the living room coffee table.

This might explain why I woke up to the sound of an expensive horn blaring against the window of my room instead of my mom's cranky morning voice. Can horns even sound expensive? Whatever, it just did.

My eyes were glued shut from the amount of sleepy crust coating my eyes. I practically had to pry them open to look at the time on my nightstand's clock.

7:51 a.m.

It took a few seconds for my mind to process this, as it does all things. It's 7:51, on a Thursday, no, Wednesday. Hump day. Camels have humps. Camels also have to live in the desert. Deserts don't have a lot of people living there. Neither do abandoned buildings. Arkham Asylum from the Batman comics was abandoned. The Joker liked to live there because he was insane. Insane people get locked up by Batman. Batman locked people up in jails. School is just another jail. School...

SHIT I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!

From my front lawn or maybe even the other side of the continent Fox Nobles' voice was heard shouting, "INDIGO ITS TIME FOR US TO GO!"

Crap nuggets, I forgot the Angels were supposed to take me to school because I left my car there. Ugh.

Why are you still in bed? Get the hell up ding dong!

Fine, but I'm just going to complain the whole time.

I flung off my covers and stumbled to my closet with my eyes still half closed from sleep. Slinging on my school uniform, I yelled to the boys below "ONE SECOND!" I bet with all this shouting we woke up half the neighbors. Good. They deserve to feel what I did. Suffer and perish Mrs. Flii from across the street. That's for not inviting me to your cat's birthday party! I even baked Kitney Spears a cake for you!

The boys were too far away for me to hear their reply, but I bet it was something like, "When a woman says that she always means at least ten more minutes." Pricks. It's true, but they're still pricks. Like overgrown cacti.

I also grabbed the nearest sweatshirt in my closet, a grey one that was nearly fell past my thighs, and rushed to brush my teeth. There wasn't enough time for makeup or hair so I scrambled out of the door looking like a goblin on the run from the popo. Thankfully, I had enough sense to manhandle my book bag onto my sore shoulders before I left.

Fox was leaning out of the car's window and shrieking that we were going to be late if I didn't hurry up. Idiot, can't he see that I'm trying?

At least he had enough sense to leave me the passenger seat. I slid in just as Luca hit the petal to the metal and we zoomed out of my neighborhood with enough speed to make the Flash jealous.

With one green eye on the road and one on me, Luca questioned, "What the hell took you so long, we were sitting there for at least 15 minutes."

One eye on me quickly turned to both as his head snapped to me. Dark hair fell into his face and I was struck with a sudden urge to sweep it away. But the way his eyes captured mine made me hesitate. His gaze locked onto the sweatshirt I was wearing and his brows scrunched together.

Seriously? Did I get another paint stain on my outfit? I didn't even go anywhere near my acrylics today! I looked down, searching for the tell-tale splatter except there was nothing there.

Sighing , I gave up. I leaned my head back against the seat and closed my eyes, hoping for a few more seconds of much needed rest. "I overslept."

Asher rolled his eyes. Or at least I assumed he did from the massive amounts of sarcasm oozing from him when he sneered, "Shocker."

My eyes were still closed as I turned my body towards the window. As softly as I could manage, I asked the driver next to me, "Luca dear, would you mind telling Asher to shut the hell up back there? I'm simply to tired to do it myself."

Luca stayed silent.

Nice going Indigo, he's still mad about yesterday.

Crap. I mean it wasn't exactly my fault, but it still made my heart ache that he was acting so distant. Should I apologize?

I don't know, on one hand he doesn't need to be acting like such a douche. It was an accident and you meant nothing by it. On the other, it's sweet that he's acting jealous. At least you know he cares about you instead of being indifferent.

Yeah, I guess. I'll just have to talk to him about it. I don't want him to be mad at me but I still didn't do anything wrong with Fox and the twins, so he doesn't have that good of a reason for his silence.

Your right, the best thing you can do is talk to him about it. We'll see how it goes from there.

Wait, did you just say that I was right?

...

Holy fried fish sticks, you did! I just want to say thank you to my mom, to my friends, to my fam- no not them, they're jerks. Y'all have no idea how much I apprec-

Hey, you do know Fox asked you something right?

Wow, you just had to interrupt my internal monologue again didn't you? Why do I even bother?

I opened my eyes and turned around to face the energetic redhead. His smile was just so genuine, I couldn't help that one appeared on my face too. Time to shake off these early morning grumps, there's no need to be rude when most of the Angels are being so nice.

When I say most, I just mean Adrian and Fox. The other two are making my early morning grumps come back.

"Can you repeat the question Foxy Roxie, my mind just zoned out."

Fox said, "Sure, I was wondering why you slept in so late today. Normally, your at school by now."

Uhhh. Uhhhhhh. Uhhhhhhhhhh.

How do I tell them I was up until 4 in the morning watching all of the old Spongebob reruns?

You don't.

Good idea brain!

Saving me from answering Fox's question, Luca parked in the school's lot with record speed. Not taking any time, I hopped out of their car and ran up the steps, pushing past the crowd that had formed around the doors. Why were there so many people this late to school? Didn't they have classes to get to?

Whispers rushed past my back, but I had no time to listen to them as I turned down the right hallway so I could get to Mr. Redly's class before the bell rang.

I was out of breath by the time the door slammed shut behind me, but honestly, when am I not out of breath from any physical exercise? The shrill ringing of the bell sounded mere seconds later and Mr. Redly raised a single eyebrow at me.

I gave him a sly smile and headed to my seat with the weight of the whole classroom's attention on my back. Mr. Redly chuckled and began teaching his class. I started to jot down notes, but a tap on my shoulder distracted me.

Not glancing behind me, I whispered, "Yes?"

It was a male's voice who answered. "So is it true?"

Is that another rumor about me I'm sensing? Oh, this'll be good. I wonder what Wilhelmina divvied up with this time? It better be juicy or else I'll be disappointed in her. A girl as crazy as her has to have something interesting up her sleeve.

This time I turned around. In front of me was a boy who I've seen around before, but never really talked to. I'm pretty sure he was on the school's swim team, but I'd have to ask Kana to be sure.

Not going to lie, he was pretty cute. Not as eye-catching, panty-dropping, and lip-licking as Luca, but pretty dang close. Close cropped brown hair met a smooth face that lacked a certain sharpness to it. His light brown eyes were quite ordinary and so were his classic white boy lips, even if they were more plump than most.

Sadly, like most teenage boys, as soon as he opened his mouth again he lost any type of attractiveness.

With complete seriousness, he asked me, "Is it true that you hooked up with Luca Night?"

What. The. Fuck.

Why the hell would he ask me that! I mean, I have been hanging around the Fallen Angels more than anyone else. And I have been riding home with them after school. And I've been over to Luca's house, which is more than anyone else can say. And-

Ok, yeah, I can see where he got that idea from. Dammit Wilhelmina, this is dirty. Well played.

From the smirk on his face, I bet that boy was expecting me to get all red and flustered, and probably stutter worse than Porky the Pig. Honestly a week ago, I most likely would have. But the "fuck it" mentality I've been gifted after meeting with my father has done a complete 180° on my personality. So, let's just say he was in for a bit of a surprise when my features stayed calm, cool, and collected.

"No it's not," I deadpanned, "But I wouldn't say no if he asked."

His jaw dropped open momentarily before me recollected himself and the signature smirk was plastered again. "Well, if he never offers, my doors always open, and so is my bed." He paused, actually thinking in that tiny little brain of his.  "The name's Richard by the way, Richard Gimli, but my friends call me Rich."

"Well Richard," I gave him a bone-chilling smile, "You're an even bigger dick than your name suggests."

Oh shoot, I just unlocked a new accomplishment in my life. Savagery unknown. You get it by completely roasting someone to levels unheard of and I just got a medal for it. Bam baby, I'm the queen of comebacks now. Bow down peasants.

I turned back around before he had a chance to reply, satisfied by his utter shock. Damn that felt good.

Indigo: 1
Dick: 0

The rest of the class period was spent ignoring the hushed voices and intense looks sent my way. It was sad to say that the next one was the same. I revealed nothing as I swept through Mr. Malakai's door, ready to start the Psychology lesson and ready to have a few words with Wilhelmina.

The devil herself was seated atop her desk, picking at her precious nails. She didn't lift her head as I stood before her, silent as a stone statue. The rest of the class quieted down, eager to watch the show about to begin before them.

Mr. Malakai pulled out a pen and a notebook, already starting to take notes on the interaction.

"Wilhelmina," I said coldly, a sharp edge to my usual sweet tone.

Her golden eyes slid off her nails and slowly looked me up and down. Her dainty lips sneered after finishing, almost as if she was disgusted. Well excuse me sweetheart, I'm not a mirror. If there's anything disgusting here, it's just gonna be you. Bam, roasted. I'm on a roll today.

"Yes?" she hissed.

There was enough tension pressing down upon the room it could have crushed Atlas, who held up the sky. The sharpest blade in the history of sharp blades couldn't have cut it's thickness. And it was radiating sorely from Wilhelmina and I like the most dangerous UV rays.

That's when a bright smile lit up my face and any signs of malice were gone in an instant. "Nothing," I chirped, "I just wanted to where exactly you got your skirt. It's super cute!"

The girl dropped her hands beside her. "Umm," she mumbled not able to hide her surprise, "Nordstrom?"

I sat down my book bag which I didn't have time to put up in my locker. Without missing a beat, I asked her, "Oh, is that the same place where you've been getting all this bullshit about me and Luca?"

Wilhelmina narrowed her honey coated eyes. "No actually, I got that from the same place you pulled your personality. The dumpster."

Ouch, that hurt. But I had something up my sleeve that left a triumphant glow over my features. "So you admit it, your words are nothing but garbage."

"If they're such garbage, then why were you seen riding from school with Luca and his gang and then seen arriving back with them. In Luca's sweatshirt might I add while also looking like you had a rough night."

A collective gasp was heard through the classroom.

I got the part about the rough night. My hair was a mess and I barely looked out together, but the sweatshirt?

I glanced down starting to say, "This isn't his-"
but my words caught in my throat. It was his sweatshirt. To be more specific, it was the one I stole from him so long ago when I stayed over at his place after getting knocked in the head with a bottle.

So that's why he looked at me funny this morning. He knew I was wearing his clothes and yet he said nothing! Friggin prick, we're going to have words during lunch today. Words I tell you.

Wilhelmina knew she had won this argument and she sat in her desk with flourish, adding an extra twirl and everything. And I thought I was extra. She just put me to shame. Literally.

"You can start the lesson now Mr. Malakai, the trash has been dealt with." The dark haired girl said so sweetly, it nearly made me gag.

I wouldn't let this girl get under my skin. She's just hurting and I'm the nearest thing she can lash out on. It's also literally what she was told to do, so if I should be mad at anyone it's Lavender. Even saying her name makes me sick. Bleh.

I just need to sit through this class period before I can talk with Luca. It can't be that hard, right?

Wrong. I was very, very wrong. I was so rushed this morning, I didn't have time to eat breakfast and my stomach was practically eating itself throughout the lecture. Why must I be tortured like this?

The only thing that got me through this ultimate suffering was telling myself that I'd make Luca pay for my lunch. He owes me for acting like a prick.

That made me feel better instantly.

Soon, the bell rang and it was time to face the demons. Oh yeah, and get lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 1.4K 35
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
58.5K 98 21
just my thoughts tyy for 40k reads in just 16 days BTW MY INSTA USERNAME IS NOW @yum1kim_
270K 2.5K 42
قصه الرجل السادي الذي يقوم بممارسه معا جميع الفتيات الذي يراهم وهوه اكبر رئيس مافيا في كوريا سادي ليس لديه رحمهً في قلبه يقتل اخ البطله فتقرر الانتق...
254K 7.3K 130
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."