The Man She Betrayed

By mahumwrites

Is it fair to let a mistake define a person? .......... "Miss...?" he assessed my face with his calculative... More

CHARACTERS
Prologue
1. A Blast From The Past
2. The Unwanted Arrangement
3. Facing The Hate
4. Drunken Misery
5. A Date With Mr. Awkward
6. Karma Is A Bitch
7. Making New Friends
8. A Sight Of Greek God
9. Incapable Of A Change
10. Put A Ring On It
11. Lunch With Mr. Dreamy Eyes
12. A Spoonful Of Pettiness
13. The Mystery Called Clara
14. The Vincent Brothers
15. Side effects Of Rain
16. Subtle Exchange Of Warmth
17. One Kiss, Two Kiss
18. No Place For Love
19. A Planned Mistake
20. How Not To Fall
21. Of Coffee And Club
22. The Test Of Self Control
24. A Gloomy Wedding
25. Back To Work
26. Ghosts Of The Past
27. The Tainted Memory
28. A Pinch Of Misunderstanding
29. No Second Chances
30. Betrayal For The Betrayer
31. It's The Alcohol Talking
32. Uncomplicated... And Boring
33. The Plethora Of Adversities
34. Elephant In The Room
35. Amidst The Laughters
36. In Sickness And Health
37. The Only Savior
38. Unlike A Responsible Adult
39. In His Warm Embrace
40. Caught In The Lies
41. Haunted By The Past
42. Once A Cheater
43. The Last Hope
44. Moving Out At Last
45. The Fear Of Truth
46. The Silent Girl
47. Save Me From Misery
48. Damaged Beyond Repair
49. A New Beginning
50. Pushing The Buttons
51. The Art of Cooking
52. My Better Half
53. Laugh Again
54. Kisses Under The Rain
55. Twenty Questions
56. The First Of Dates
57. Breathtakingly Beautiful
58. Falling In Love
59. Let It Out
Epilogue

23. First Of Apologies

217K 9.2K 1.2K
By mahumwrites

Aaron

After contemplating for five minutes whether to go after her or not, I finally left my car and dragged myself to the place where Clara was sitting. She raised her head when she saw my footsteps nearing her and then passed me a feeble smile.

"Clara!" I kneeled down in front of her, to check if she was drunk. "What are you doing outside?"

"It.. was so..... hot... inside. I couldn't.... breathe." she complete the sentence with many pauses, her slurred speech indicating that my initial doubt was correct.

"How much did you drink?" I asked her and she counted her fingers.

"This... many." she showed three fingers.

So she is a lightweight.

"Come on." I pulled my hand out for her. Without asking anything, she held it back and I pulled her up. Her feet wobbled under her weight and she stumbled, but I kept her balanced by keeping my hands on both side of her waist.

Reddish hue appeared on my cheeks at our proximity and she ogled at my face, blinking her eyes lazily.

"Where.... are... we.... going?" she asked when I pulled her up in my arms in bridal style. Her petite frame fitted perfectly in my arms and her breath on my neck caused goosebumps to appear on that part of my skin.

"To the hotel." I told her and walked back towards my car. Placing her inside gently, I seated myself on the driver seat. She was slumped on the seat, her eyes half-opened. My traitor eyes moved to the neckline of her dress that had moved down, showcasing the pale skin of her chest.

To save me from the further misery and to save her from flashing me, I tugged her neckline upwards, my fingers gliding over her skin. She let out a small gasp at my touch and I immediately retreated my hand.

I had to take her to our floor again in my hands. This time, she was asleep and her face was resting in my chest, creating a warm, gooey feeling inside me. I knew she didn't need me but I couldn't help but feel protective of her. It was wrong and unfair, to me, because she was a traitor. She betrayed me and broke my heart, I shouldn't have a soft spot for her.

"Where are your keys?" I asked once I was in front of her room.

At first, she didn't answer but I asked again, loudly this time. "In my... purse." she replied, casting a confused look towards me.

"Where is your purse?" I asked again.

"On... the counter." she said and I groaned. She had forgotten her club purse back in the club.

I had no option than to took her inside my room. Sighing, I balanced her between the door and my hold and opened the door with my other hand. Once we were inside, I lay her down on the bed and collapsed beside her.

"I.... I... need to.. " she was trying to say something but I was angry at her for being so irresponsible so I didn't listen to her. Instead, I just closed my eyes and kept my arm over them.

After a moment, I felt small movements beside me and when I opened my eyes, I let out a loud curse. There she was, standing in front of me in a black strapless bra and a matching underwear.

"What the fuck, Clara?" I asked, trying my best not to look beneath her neck.

"It's.... It's so tight... and warm." she muttered, looking at me with her hooded eyes. I felt my throat dry at her sight, my gaze slowly traveled down her flawless skin, the soft curves of her waist and then her long legs.

That's what she said.

"Fuck." I stood up and walked past her into the bathroom. My hormones were in a turmoil at that moment and I needed to calm myself down with a cold shower.

By the time I felt a little relaxed, I walked out of the bathroom into the bedroom, where she was lying on my bed, a blanket covering her seductive body upto her chest. Throwing a shirt towards her, I asked her to wear it otherwise she would get cold. I regretted it the next moment because when she slid inside my shirt, a muscle in my heart clenched. That's how I wanted to see her, in my room, wearing my shirt, spending the night in my arms.

"Lie down. I'll sleep on the couch outside." I said and left the room before I could do something I would regret.

The couch was comfortable and large enough to fit someone of my length and width. I lay down and tried to wipe her thoughts out of my mind. She was messing with my mind and if I let her in, she would once again fuck with whatever dignity I have left. She broke me once, she wouldn't hesitate before doing it twice.

After texting Amber to check on Clara's purse, I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to envelop me. It proved harder than I thought because of the image of Clara snuggling in my bed.

"Aaron." I imagined her voice calling me. I clenched my eyes tightly and covered my ears with the pillow, but then a hand caressed my bare shoulder and my eyes shot open.

"Why aren't you sleeping inside?" I asked when I found her staring at me with her big, green eyes.

She sat down beside my lying figure, her eyes zeroed on the fabric of the couch. "There is something... I need.. to say to you." she whispered and my heart thumped inside my chest.

"It couldn't wait till the morning." I rolled my eyes and she shook her head in no.

"I won't have the courage then." she reasoned. Lifting her gaze from the couch, she looked into my tired ones and her hand moved to touch mine. "I never said sorry."

I gaped at her with a blank face, not wanting to show her my crumbling insides. She just said the word I wanted her to say because the lack of her apology made me feel like she wasn't even ashamed of doing that to me.

"Clara." I whispered.

"I am sorry." she said and wetness trailed down her cheeks. There was so much helplessness in her eyes that for a moment, I forgot her betrayal and gave in. Sitting up, I brought my hand to her cheeks and wiped the tear off, her lower lip trembled at my touch.

But when I remembered my hatred for her, I pulled my hand back. "Go back to the room." I said and lay back down, closing my eyes.

"Can I... sleep.. here? It's scary and lonely... inside." she requested and when I didn't answer anything, she lay down on the small space beside me, warmth radiating off her body.

"Ow." the space was too small for her and she was going to fell off the couch when I turned around and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. She smiled at my action and snuggled deeper into my torso, causing my heart to sumersault inside my chest.

I couldn't sleep the whole night because of her proximity. It felt like I was that college guy again who had a crush on that fiesty little highschool girl he met inside a cafe.

Fuck me.

_______________________

Whose side are you on? Clara or Aaron?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1M 405K 39
#1 in romance genre (1stJan - 8th Jan.) ( Again placed #1 in romance in Feb) Aaron got up from his seat and walked round the table towards her while...
28.3K 963 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
1.7M 63.3K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
3.5K 969 47
Clara's dreams were spun from fairy tales -a beautiful home, a fulfilling career, marrying her boyfriend, and starting her family. But life's harsh r...