19. A Planned Mistake

Aaron

It was Sunday, the day we were supposed to leave for New York. There were six other employees in Amber's private plane, one of them happened to be Clara and unfortunately, even her seat was right in front of me, irking me to my core.

I focused my attention on the business magazine in front of me. Although there was nothing interesting inside, it was better than staring at her and trying to figure her out. I could feel her gaze on me, boring holes on my forehead but when I lifted my head, she averted her eyes immediately.

"Hey man." someone called my name and I angled my neck to look at Zac Rivers, the head of advertising team of Steven Industries. I nodded my head in acknowledgement as he sat down beside me, passing a flirtatious smirk to Clara who looked away from him.

"Is this the new secretary?" he leaned towards me and whispered in my ears.

"Yeah." I muttered, directing my gaze back to the magazine.

"Great." he said in a suggestive tone.

Zac was the kind of douche bag who keeps tracks of the numbers of girls he had slept with. I didn't give a damn before but now when he seemed interested in Clara, a part of me wanted to push him away.

He pulled his hand out towards Clara, saying, "Zac Rivers. And you are?"

Clara's eyes shifted to me but I kept my face blank, not showing any emotion. "Clara Avery." she responded briefly, forcing a smile on her face.

"Oh so Clara! Do you always look this beautiful or is it a special day today?" he whispered in an unusually deep tone.

"Um..." she shifted in her seat uncomfortably and after stuttering for almost ten seconds, finally replied. "I think Amber needs me."

"Clara!" he chuckled lowly and whispered. "More like Miss. Great racks."

My blood boiled at his words and I cast a hard glare towards him.

"What? Don't tell me you didn't notice." he shrugged and I balled my hands into fists. "Please tell me they looked natural to you as well."

"Fuck off Zac." I said, turning my face away from him so that I won't have to look at the devilish smirk on his face.

"Don't be a buzzkill dude. We men were sent to Earth to praise the beautiful creation of God. We have to do our job." he rolled his eyes and then picked up a Playboy magazine from he stack of magazines.

...

From the airport, a limousine took everyone to the lavish five star Hotel. I was used to Amber's overspending but by the look on Clara's face, she looked completely overwhelmed at the sight of the collosal building.

The receptionist gave each of us our keys. I was completely exhausted after the long flight that I went straight to my room, instead of going to the dining area with everyone else.

The room looked really luxurious. There was a king bed in the middle and small work desk at one side, but the best thing was the floor-to-ceiling glass window beside the bed, showing off the view of the entire city.

There were two doors in the room. The first one led to a huge living area where there was a sofa set, a large LCD, an open kitchen at one side and a small bar beside the kitchen. I chose to explore this place later and went into the bathroom through the other door.

After the stressful day, with Clara being so close to me thoughout the flight, I really needed a warm bath. The bathroom was just as beautiful as the rest of the suite so after stripping out of my clothes, I lay down inside the jacuzzi and let the warm water wash down my stress.

Half an hour later, I left the bathroom in my briefs. That's one plus point of having your own suite, you can run around naked. Though I thought it would be better to cover your junk, when there was a 10 feet long glass window on your room. One can never be so sure.

After closing the curtains, I decided to eat a fruit or something. So I stepped inside the living area and trudged towards the fridge. There were all sort of fruits and vegetables inside, but I took a carton of juice instead and took it with me to the sofa.

I was busy relishing the taste when a sound of door opening reached my ears. My eyes moved to the door opposite to the door to my room, which I didn't notice before.

Before I could cover up my dignity, a woman walked out of that door. I flushed red when I realised that it was none other than Clara, dressed in a red silk night gown that ended midway her thigh. Her hair was wet and falling down her shoulder in a messy way.

She gasped when she noticed me and that's when I realised what I was wearing. Muttering "shit" under my breath, I stood up and she immediately turned her face away, redness appearing on her cheeks.

"How did you get inside my room?" I asked, controlling the tone of my voice. I just hated thhe fact that she didn't know the meaning of privacy.

"Its... Its.. My room." she stuttered, putting her hands in front of her cleavage that was peeking through the neckline of the gown.

"What?" I blurted out, utterly confused.

"Yeah. I even have keys." she said and went inside to bring them out for me.

Running my fingers through my hair in irritation, I went inside my room and pulled out my mobile phone from my coat pocket. Putting on my pants, I went back inside the living room while calling Amber's number.

"Why am I sharing a suite with Clara?" I asked as soon as she picked up the call.

"Really? There must be some mistake." she said but there was no hint of surprise in her voice. It was all fucking planned.

"Don't play dumb Amber. It's not a fucking mistake." I growled out in frustration.

"Don't overreact Aaron. You aren't sharing bed with her. Go to sleep and I'll see what I can do." she said and cut the call. Clara's face was twisted in confusion and  she was tapping her stupid, silky legs on the floor without even realising.

"It's fine. You don't have to worry about me. I won't leave my room." she said and my eyes softened a bit. Feeling helpless at the lack of control over the situation, I walked back into my room and shut the door with a bang.

All the sleep had evaporated from my eyes and when I closed my eyes again, the image of her on that sexy gown flashed my eyes and I let out a small groan.

Fuck.

_______________________