before you / jung jaehyun

By lambskwer

to all the boys ive loved before jung jaehyun, thank you. © lambskwer More

ABOUT.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

ten

7.9K 460 727
By lambskwer

[ 15th february 2018, 10:36am ]

on this day, mark and aeri walked to school together. the feeling of having someone next to you, someone you trust, you know will protect you, it's a wholesome feeling; and mark lee is the only boy who made aeri feel that way.

definitely it has been long since they walked together side by side, but now this moment has come again and she just wanted to live in that moment forever. with her fingers interlocked with his', both their hearts beating fast for each other, she wanted to stop time. she didnt want to let this moment pass.

when in school, jiyeon ran to find her bestfriend. "aeri!" she yelled while running from the entrance to their lockers. aeri stopped packing her bags and locked eyes with jiyeon who was excitedly running towards her. what story did she have to tell that couldnt wait?

"oh my god! yesterday jaehyun and i had the best night ever!" jiyeon rambled on. no 'hello', no 'good morning', nothing. she really did get straight to the point. aeri furrowed her brows, oh yes, jaehyun. her only friend. besides jiyeon of course. someone who understood her, ironically better than her own bestfriend jiyeon.

as jiyeon continued to ramble on and on about her night with jaehyun, her phone let out a loud ding! aeri quickly fished out her phone to silence it. she thought it wouldve been mark texting her, she didnt want jiyeon to know about it, especially since shes too caught up with jaehyun all the time. it felt like she didnt even care about her own friend anymore.

but when her eyes met her phone screen, it wasnt mark. it was jaehyun.

jaehyun
ah shit aeri i just woke up im so sorry??

jaehyun
i know we planned everything and stuff weeks ago

jaehyun
im so sorry for ditching you and our plans fuck i feel really bad right now. knowing you, you probably waited more than you shouldve. i feel so bad im so sorry.

jaehyun
i promise ill make it up to you

aeri found herself smiling at jaehyun's texts. but she just laughed it off. maybe she would update jaehyun about everything after school ends. she sent - ill meet you at the cafe ok? and then quickly packed her bags for the next lesson.

"jiyeon, please shut up. i dont want to hear about your jaehyun fantasies, okay?" aeri groaned, before walking for her class. jiyeon scoffed.

apparently, jiyeon got offended by that comment. really. offended. before aeri could walk away, jiyeon grabbed her by her wrist, pulled her back so she could face her. "whats wrong with you?" she irritatedly asked.

aeri let out an effortless chuckle. she didnt know that her bestfriend was being serious right now. "what do you mean?" she asked, politely. jiyeon rolled her eyes. "you know, ever since jaehyun and i started dating, youve been very distant. whats your problem? i cant talk about my boyfriend?" she grinned.

the girl infront of jiyeon gasped. dating??? boyfriend ??? hell no. oh, shes really mad. she thought to herself. "what? jiyeon. are you kidding? cmon, class is starting, we can talk about this later," aeri sighed, before trying to turn her back again.

only to get pulled back again. "aeri! what the hell? is something bothering you? tell me the truth!" she questioned. aeri is a girl that quickly gets agitated. at this point, from feeling nothing, she felt something. anger.

"jiyeon, i love you but youre really pissing me off right now. can you please just let it be? we can talk about it later after class—" this time. aeri firmly yanked her hand away from her bestfriend. she was stern. she meant every word she said.

and whenever aeri gets firm, jiyeon lowkey gets afraid of her. but with so much pent up anger in jiyeon, she didnt really feel afraid anymore. she knew something was bothering her bestfriend but it irritated her that aeri wouldnt tell her what it is.

without thinking, jiyeon just pushed aeri from the back. of course, she fell with a thud. her books all over the place. no one was at the hallway since everyone was in class. but someone came to save the day — cliche.

"hey! what the fuck?" someone yelled from afar, footsteps quickly arrived near the scene. it was mark lee. you see, at this point, they were supposed to keep their relationship lowkey, until they knew what they want.

but it was getting very hard for mark, especially since he just saw aeri getting pushed down onto the ground by her bestfriend. he quickly grabbed aeri's arms, and helped her up, and then grabbed her books for her.

aeri stood up, quickly adjusting her uniform. she looked at jiyeon, who had her eyes wide open with fury. "she can get up by herself, mark. funny how youre here now. where were you these past months?" jiyeon sarcastically commented, which annoyed mark a little.

he was about to confront her. so close. but aeri subtly grabbed his right arm, preventing him from moving any closer to jiyeon. "im okay," she reassured mark. mark looked back at her, giving her the look — you sure? aeri nodded her head — yes im sure.

mark walked her to class.

[ 3:45pm ]

aeri burst through the door of the cafe. quickly walking to her favourite booth. the closest one next to the window. jaehyun was in the middle of cleaning up the other tables. when he saw aeri walking into the cafe, he smiled.

when he saw aeri walking into the cafe, furiously, his eyebrows furrowed. quickly, he went back to the counter, preparing aeri's favourite drink, to calm her down.

while he was preparing her drink, she was looking at her phone, stressed out. he wondered what it could be that was on her phone stressing her out so much.

jiyeon
where are u we need to talk

jiyeon
i meant what i said aeri

jiyeon
u and mark r suspicious. anything to say? :)

16 missed calls: jiyeon

aeri got so angry, she forced herself to switch off her phone. she threw it in her bag. when jaehyun arrived to her table with her favourite drink, her facial expressions changed. her face lit up.

she was smiling now. "on the house today, you look kinda stressed," jaehyun softly spoke, slowly putting the drink onto the table. she cupped her drink and softly smiled at him. "thank you so much, jae,"

jaehyun sat down infront of her. fiddling with his thumbs, "aeri i want to apolog—" he was about to apologize before aeri stopped him. if she heard jiyeon's name one more time she would have thrown a tantrum right there.

"save it, jae. i get it. hoes over bros," aeri jokingly said, before sipping her drink. "ill make it up to you, i promise aeri," he pouted. looking at her drink the drink he made just made his heart warm for some reason. he just didnt know why he felt that way.

its been so long since they last saw each other. thats a valid reason for him to feel that way, right?

"so— wanna tell me why youre so stressed?" jaehyun asked out of the blue. excited to here her talk about her day. thats their friendship for you. they are both genuinely excited to always hear about each others day.

unlike some friendships.

she sighed. she thought twice whether to say it or not. besides, he was dating her bestfriend. "jiyeon and i had a fight," she started off. jaehyun raised his eyebrows and let out a slight grin. "tell me more," he was excited to find out.

"she got so mad at me because i called her out for having a major crush on you. at first i thought she was joking but she was actually serious. she even called you her boyfriend!" aeri groaned, angry just by thinking about the story.

jaehyun furrowed her eyebrows in an instant. "boyfriend? what the hell? i took her out on three dates and we accidentally end up sleeping on my couch and she thinks im her boyfriend?" jaehyun scoffed.

"look, if she keeps on bothering you, ill tell her that ill stop hanging out with her. you do realize the only reason why im hanging out with her is because she couldnt stop getting mad at you right?" he continued

aeri was in deep thought. he was right. "jae, come on. you really want to stop seeing her? she really likes you," she felt bad if she was the reason for jaehyun to stop hanging out with jiyeon.

jaehyun just shook his head. "cmon! you feel bad for her? what about me, aeri? i dont have any feelings for her! how long am i going to keep pretending like as if she matters in my life?" he almost raised his voice. almost.

aeri just kept quiet.

"because of the amount of times i kept hanging out with her, i couldnt even get to see you! youre my closest and best friend, youre like— on par with jungwoo right now," he chuckled. before continuing on.

"at first i only hung out with her to prove to her that we're just friends, to make her shut up. she sleeps at my couch once and she doesnt know how to act? cmon, aeri! think about me too," jaehyun cried out.

aeri couldnt say much. all she could say was — "if she gets mad at me, its your fault." but she was joking, clearly. jaehyun just smirked, before ruffling her hair and moving on with his work.

as she looked at jaehyun walk away, her heart broke a little. she had so many things to talk to jaehyun about. she wanted to tell her all the little things that happened. about what she ate, what she cried about, what she laughed about.

about mark.

but why was it suddenly so hard? maybe its because it wasnt the best time. especially with the fight going on now. maybe tomorrow, she thought to herself. yes, maybe tomorrow.

[ 10:24pm ]

knock knock knock!

the knocks on her door kept getting louder and louder. aeri's mother was yelling at her from her room to check who it was downstairs. it was jiyeon at the door.

when she opened the door, jiyeon's eyes were bloodshot red. she was panting. has she been running?

aeri was too tired to fight right now.

"what did you say to jaehyun?" was the first thing she said to aeri. aeri scoffed, hand on the doorknob, if jiyeon pissed her off, she was ready to slam the door right at her face. "what? what do you think i said to jaehyun?!" she didnt want to raise her voice.

she refused to be a nuisance to her own family.

"oh! i dont know? maybe a — break up with jiyeon right now, jaehyun. i love you so much baby xoxo ?" jiyeon mocked her own bestfriend. that was it. that was the final and last straw. aeri was fed up. tired of her bullshit.

"jiyeon! are you out of your mind? i am not in love with jaehyun! and jaehyun is not your bloody boyfriend! he took you out on a few dates, yes. but thats because you didnt believe me when i told you i had no feelings for him!" aeri snapped. she was furious. mad. fuming.

"get that in your mind. jaehyun doesnt love you. jaehyun doesnt like you. if he did, he wouldnt text you to tell you that he doesnt want to hang out anymore. notice that he said hang out? and not date? get over yourself, jiyeon. youve lost yourself," she continued to yell.

"and if you dont get your act together soon, youll lose me too," she calmed herself down. she saw jiyeon's facial expressions changed. aeri was done. she slammed the door at jiyeon's face. and then went back up to her room.

[ a/n: omg its been so long but pls forgive me i had writers block. is anyone still reading ?? :( x ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 2.4K 25
❝Who were you?❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
284K 12K 81
❝miss those days when you were always right beside me.❞
3.5K 181 14
please press read to know more.
188K 12.9K 68
❝Starting today, I'm going to help you live and not exist.❞ THE FIRST ACT. ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019