The Lost Ones

By xx_beauty015_xx

This is a story in which Jessica Brooks just can't seem to catch a break. To sum it up, amnesia + love trian... More

•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•

•Chapter 5•

57 9 0
By xx_beauty015_xx

I woke up super happy this morning. Today is just such a beautiful day! The hospital window is open and I can see the fall leaves covering the ground, yes it just so happens to be fall, my favorite season of all. Oh hey, that rhymed!! Coincidence? I think not!

I can't help but think back to the events of yesterday. I'm actually kind of excited to see if Xavier comes and searches for me today. He probably won't though because he's practically a sex god and he probably has better things to do than to look for some girl that he met in a hospital yesterday and isn't even that pretty! Yeah, sounds like a bit of a long shot... But like, it's whatever.

I jump out of bed and go to the bathroom for my morning routine. I discovered that there is a bathroom connected to my hospital room. I didn't realize there was one until yesterday, when my mom used the bathroom. Turns out that there is a decent sized shower, toilet, and sink in there. There's even a huge mirror hanging over the sink! Yeah I know... I got it good. Leaving out the fact that I have amnesia and I'm stuck in a hospital, but like it's whatever.

I walk into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. While I'm in here, I might as well just take a shower too, so I do just that. I quickly hop in the shower and am greeted with warm water trickling down my skin. I wash myself and before I know it, I'm done!

I wrap my towel around myself and brush my hair until it's knot free and smooth.

I walk back out into the room and lock the door to make sure that no one will come barging in on me. Let's face it! That wouldn't only be extremely awkward and weird, but I would also end up scarring an innocent civilian for life! Me doing this simple action is actually saving someone's sanity, so like your welcome for being so thoughtful.

I'm actually in the mood to sneak out the hospital and explore the outside world today. I saw from the window that there are a ton of shops near the hospital that I could check out. Even if I won't be able to really buy anything amazing, I could still check everything out. Plus I have a couple dollars on me so maybe I could get a coffee or something while I'm out.

I slip on my black leggings, white laced tank top, and I tie my black flannel around my hips. I pull on my black vans and my beanie that says 'Queen' because like, let's be honest here, I'm royalty. I walk back into the bathroom and look in the mirror. Doing my finishing touches I put on a light layer of mascara and peach lip balm.

I want to look somewhat presentable just in case I run into any cuties, if ya know what I mean. *wink wink*

For some odd reason, I'm in an over the top peachy mood today, in case you haven't noticed. I'm not sure if it's because I'm gonna sneak out or if it's because my little encounter with Xavier yesterday. Either way, I feel FANTASTIC!

I grab my phone and plug my headphones in my ears. I go to my 'yaaass' playlist and press shuffle. Anna Sun By Walk the Moon comes on. You see, I made this playlist before the car accident, so I have no clue what any of these songs are. But I figured that since the playlist is called 'yaaass' that it would have good songs. Umm, like I was right! This song is totally amazeballs!!

A goofy grin spreads across my face and I giggle as I make my way to the door. I unlock it and peak my head out, to make sure the coast is clear. I whip my head side to side and when I see that there is no one around, I step out of the room closing the door behind me.

I'll probably end up getting into trouble by my doctor and my parents for sneaking out, but I really don't care. I just really want to see the outside world again right now! With that thrown out in the open, I casually make my way down the hallway to find the closest exit. I try to act all normal whenever a nurse walks by me so they don't suspect that I'm some patient trying to sneak out.

Like I honestly think that I'm fine. My body isn't sore anymore and I feel great! But the stupid doctor insists on running tests to make sure that I'm alright because I apparently took quite the hit to my head. I occasionally get a headache but nothing that I can't handle. After all, it's just a concussion that I got. A severe one, but a concussion non the less!

I see the exit so I pick up my pace a bit. I finally make my way to the door and stop right in front of it. Well, this is it! I think to myself. I let out a breathe that I didn't realize I was holding and I push the door open and step out. I breathe in and fresh air fills my lungs. I can't help but smile and feel happy that I decided to sneak out today.

I look to my right and I see that there are a ton of shops there. I turn my body and start walking towards all the shops. The song then changes to Eyes Shut By Years & Years. My smile grows wider and I practically skip towards a coffee shop called Starbucks. There are a ton of people rolling in an out of there, so I assume that the place has good coffee.

I'm halfway there when I accidentally run into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I pause my music and look up at the person that I ran into.

My mouth drops open and my jaw is practically resting on the floor. I slowly blink a few times, letting my brain register what just happened. The person smirks at me and has there eyebrows raised. Yup, you guessed it! I ran into none other than Xavier whatever his last name is.

"Long time no see cupcake." He says with the biggest smirk playing on his lips. I roll my eyes and start walking towards Starbucks again. Him being him and not getting the hint that I don't want to speak to him, starts to follow me. Xavier throws his arm over my shoulder and walks along side of me. I'm too lazy to push his arm off and I know that it'll just be a waste of time so I just roll with it.

"Oh, your a Starbucks girl huh?" He says with an eyebrow quirked. "So what if I am?" I ask him, daring him to say anything about it. I'm not a Starbucks girl because I simply don't know what it is, but if they're good, I will be! "Nothing. It's just, it's so typical for a teenage girl to go to Starbucks." He says putting his hands up in surrender and laughing.

"Yeah, whatever. No one is forcing you to come along with me!" I simply point out. My turn to wear the smirk now.

"Hey, I'm not complaining!" Xavier says while putting his arm over me... Again!

We walk in and step in line. My eyes scan over the menu and I decide on getting a vanilla frappe with whipped cream. When my turn comes in line, I tell the person what I want and look to Xavier. "You want anything?" I ask to be polite. He looks surprised at my question and he says, "No thank you. But thanks for the offer." He says smiling a genuine smile.

"Okay but don't be asking to get a sip from mine!" I say with a smile spreading across my lips once again. "No promises cupcake!" He says with a laugh.

"That'll be $6.50 miss." The guy at the cash register says while eyeing me up and down. My eyes quickly scan over his features. He's actually really good looking! His blonde hair is a bit messy in a 'I just woke up but I'm still fabulous' way. He has bright blue eyes and sharp features. My, my this guy is fine!

I give him the money and he gives me some change back that I just end up putting in the tips bowl. "And what's your name gorgeous?" He asks with a smirk on his face! God how I hate it when a guy smirks!! First Xavier and now this dude! "Jessica." I say smiling... I'm just so smiley today!

"I'm Marcus." He says, not acknowledging the fact that I came in here with a guy that for all he knows could be my long time boyfriend! "Your drink will be ready in a couple of minutes." I step aside and let the person behind me order because I realize that I'm holding up the line.

Marcus is still looking at me as the costumer orders their drink. I start to blush a little but am snapped out of it when Xavier abruptly steps in front of me looking annoyed. "You done drooling over that tool?" He asks in a bit of a harsh tone. Dang, what's stuck up his butt?

"Anyways... Let's play a game!" I say trying to change the subject. "How about 20 questions?" He says with a smirk. "S-sure...?" I say questionably.

He claps his hands together and puts his hand under his chin, pretending to be deep in thought. Why do I have a feeling that I'm gonna regret this?

"Jessica your drink is ready." I hear a deep voice say. I turn around and see Marcus holding out my drink smirking at me. I grab it and notice that there is a little note attached. I read the note and see that it's his number.

My cheeks heat up and I do a shy smile. "Have a great rest of your day!" Marcus says with a huge grin spreading across his face, reaching ear to ear. "Thanks, you too." I mumble out and quickly scurry out of Starbucks.

"What was that all about?" Xavier asks trying to catch up to me. "Oh nothing I'm just in a hurry to go somewhere." I say the lame excuse that in my opinion, is over used. "Sureee." Xavier says sarcastically and he snatches the note away from my hands before I can even protest. "Hey give that back!" I say pouting.

He reads it and he scrunches his eyebrows together. He crumples it up and throws it away in the nearest garbage bin around. "You won't be needing that." He says annoyed. I gasp and fold my arms across my chest, pretending to be mad at him. "What? You can't actually want that dudes number? You don't even know him! He could be some serial killer that likes to torture teenaged girls like you!" He says defensively. "You could be one too for all I know!" I point out.

I look away again and take a sip of my drink. Whoa this is so good! My taste buds are literally having a party in my mouth!

I take another huge gulp and my eyes literally roll all the way back because of its sweet goodness. Xavier must have seen the way I reacted to it because he quickly snatched the drink away and took a quick swig at it. "Hey what did I say back at the coffee shop?!" I say pouting. "You said not to ask for a sip of your drink. But I simply didn't ask, I just took it. And I didn't take a sip, I took a big gulp. There's a difference cupcake." He says smugly. "Smart mouth!" I say jokingly slapping his arm to give it back.

"But man is this good!" He says while taking another sip. While he's not looking, I quickly snatch it back and quickly take a huge gulp of my frappe. He looks at me while pouting. I laugh at his reaction and I stick my tongue out at him. We both start laughing and we make our way towards more shops.

"We can share it I guess!" I say feeling bad because he's full on staring at my drink. His whole face lights up and he excitedly asks me like a little boy getting his favorite toy in the world, "Really?!" Oh man, he's so cute! I give him the drink so he can take a sip and he does.

"So whatever happened to our little game of 20 questions?" He asks while swinging his arms around me. Usually I'd roll my eyes and try to get his arm off me, but I actually kind of like it and I step closer towards him with out even thinking about it. He notices this and smiles down at me since I'm a good couple of inches shorter than him. His arm tightens a little around me causing me to smile too and we walk along side each other and start asking simple questions to one another.

I've found out that his favorite color is green, his favorite season is summer, he's an only child, and etc. He found out that my favorite color is blue, my favorite season is fall, I'm an only child as well (as far as I know anyways), and etc. Thank god he only asked simple questions that I would know the answers to because I really don't feel like explaining to him my whole situation.

My phones starts to ring after a while and I see that it's my mother. Uh oh! I'm in so much trouble!! I told Xavier that I snuck out and I showed him that my mom was calling me. But today, hanging out with Xavier, was SO worth getting in trouble for. I thought to myself while a big smile appears on my face and I look up at Xavier who's smiling right back at me. Yup, totally worth it!

Song of the Chapter: Ana Sun By Walk the Moon and Eyes Shut By Years & Years. They're such good songs so I recommend to give them a listen!!:)

I feel like this chapter was a bit long but I have so much going through my mind right now that I didn't even want to end it yet! I hope you guys like it so far and thank you times a million. ~Kbye♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
57.9K 1.8K 42
Summary: Tobias is devastated when Tris, the love of his life, dies the day the memory serum is released at the bureau. In his grief, he attempt...