You Were Worth The Wait | Jel...

By jackspedicypie

(The third book in the '4 Years' series. If you haven't read Hit and Run, the second book, read that and then... More

Chapter 1 - Rise and shine
Chapter 2 - Meeting mom
Chapter 3 - Interruption
Chapter 4 - Ireland vs Sweden
Chapter 5 - Demons
Chapter 6 - Acceptance
Chapter 7 - Best Friends Forever
Chapter 8 - Reasoning with Jack
Chapter 9 - Looking for comfort
Chapter 10 - Tease
Chapter 11 - The Morning After
Chapter 12 - I love you, and I don't want to
Chapter 14 - Cadillac
Chapter 15 - Break In
Chapter 16 - Father
Chapter 17 - The Final Chapter

Chapter 13 - Mark

302 7 10
By jackspedicypie

TW: harassment

He hadn't spoke nearly an entire minute. I knew he was mad. I knew he was pissed off. I had tried my hardest to give the news to him slowly and softly to make him less mad. I don't think it worked.

Finally he looked up at me and took a deep breath.

"So...he tells you he has a crush on you. You're super nice about it. You say you're gonna tell me cuz that's the honest and best thing to do, and then he stops being friends with you like the fucking dickhead he is? He thinks it's ok to go ahead and hurt you like that, to guilt trip you and make you feel bad?" I gritted my teeth and looked around the room anxiously.

"Basically..." He nodded and then stood up, putting his head in his hands.

"Would you have stopped me being friends with him?" He looked at me. He was stood behind the sofa, so I had to turn my body around to see hum.

"I would have made it very clear to both of you how I'm not ok with him having those feelings. But I would have let you stay friends. You have...well, had...a really strong bond. I wouldn't have wanted to make you break that bond. But now Mark has been an absolute prick and did that. So honestly babe, I don't think you should care that much about it. If he was a true friend he would have seen past what you said and remained friends with you." I nodded, realising that Felix was right. But that didn't stop me from missing my bestest friend.

Time skip to 1 month later

"Felix, we've gotta go!" We were meant to leave 10 minutes ago to get to Ken's house. We would probably be the last people to arrive. I was constantly checking the time on my phone impatiently, tapping my foot on the floor, car keys in my other hand.

"Felix, I swear to fucking god." I hated being late to things. I was a very punctual person: I always made sure I was early or on time. Whenever I was late to events, I'd hate myself afterwards. Even more than I already did.

"I'm coming, calm your tits!" I rolled my eyes as I saw him walk down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he grabbed his jacket and put on his shoes.

"You're lucky you're a hot piece of ass. Or else I would have killed you for taking so long." He raised and eyebrow and winked at me.

"It takes a while to get these drop dead gorgeous looks."

"Trust me, you really don't have to try." We smiled at eachother and then left the house, me near enough running to the car. I got in the drivers seat quickly, Felix getting in the passengers side. We buckled up our seatbelts and soon enough we were on our way.

It took about 15 minutes to get there. When we did finally reach our destination, we parked the car a little walk away from Ken's house, since there were already so many cars parked at his place. Felix got the presents out of the truck that we had put in there the day before because we knew we would forget them on the actual day.

We rushed up to the house, my cheeks red with embarrassment because of how late we were. Felix knocked on the door. As we waited for somebody (preferably Ken) to open the door, a thought popped into my head that I hadn't thought about beforehand.

"Shit...I forgot Mark's here." I said, grabbing Felix's attention.

"It'll be ok. Just don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't go near him, and you should be fine."

"Yeah, if you don't drink yourself half blind and start a fucking fight with him." He opened his mouth to respond but then the door swung open and behind it was stood Ken. We hadn't seen him in a while, so we were excited to meet him again.

"Guys, I never thought you'd make it!" He exclaimed, happy that we had finally arrived. We hugged him and then I poked Felix.

"Well, you only have one person to blame for that." I said and I saw Felix roll his eyes. I smirked as Ken welcomed us inside. We handed him his presents, wishing him a happy birthday, before looking around at the people in his living room.

There wasn't that many people, so I wasn't feeling any sort of anxiety. Well, apart from Mark being there. That was the only thing that was bothering me.

Ethan was there talking to Tyler in the middle of the room. I saw Bob, Wade and...Mark...sitting on the sofa with beers in their hands. Emma, PJ and, dare I say her name, Marzia were stood in the corner of the room with big smiles on their faces. Now I have two things bothering me.

In conclusion, I liked everybody at the party except for 1 person: Marzia. I still liked Mark. He just didn't like me.

Almost immediately me and Felix split up to go and socialise with different people. I would have liked to catch up with Bob and Wade, but couldn't because they were doing just that with Mark. I also wanted to say hi to Emma and PJ, but couldn't because Marzia was there...who was talking to Felix. So the only people I could really talk to were Ethan and Tyler, who I didn't know all that well, and Ken.

I decided I would go and talk to Ken since he was standing on his own. I was already making my way over to him when I heard my name being called. I looked behind me, to see Emma and PJ waving at me. I waved back and was going to continue walking to Ken, but then Emma started gesturing for me to go over to them.

I stared at Felix, who gave me a look that said 'I don't fucking know what to do either'. Marzia was there, who I really didn't like, but I really did want to talk to PJ and Emma. Plus, I didn't want to be rude and ignore them, although I was considering pretending I never saw them and then walking to Ken.

In the end I went over to PJ, Emma, Felix and Marzia. They all smiled at me. Even Marzia.

When I joined them Felix immediately stood at my side, wrapping his arm around my waist, half trying to comfort me, half making sure I didn't lash out at she who must not be named.

"Hey Jack! It's been so long since either of us have seen you!" Emma greeted me. I didn't look at Marzia once.

"I know, it's crazy. I didn't expect to see you guys here tonight. You flew out all the way from Brighton?"

"I decided I needed a break anyway and Emma thought it was a good idea for her to have one as well." PJ explained. It was really great to see them both. Not so great to see the other one.

We talked a bit more, mainly about anything interesting we've gotten up to lately and a lot of talking shit about YouTube and it's new dumbass policies. Then the conversation headed down a more serious route.

"How have you been feeling anyway Jack? I know the crash you got in was a while ago now but, things like that can leave some long lasting effects on people." PJ asked. I forgot about that crash. How come everybody else remembered so damn well?

"Oh, I'm fine. In all honesty I kinda forgot about it." I looked over at Felix. He seemed a little upset and bummed out since we had started talking about the incident. Obviously, I went through a lot of pain, but so did he. He had to go through watching it happen, recieving all the bad news that he did, visiting me day after day with no sign of me recovering and having to make the choice of taking me off life support. I didn't have to do that, but he did. I patted him on the back soothingly, which made him smile.

"I wanted to come see you when you got admitted to the hospital, we both did. But neither of us could find the time." I laughed and shook my head.

"It's ok. You wouldn't have seen much anyway. Just me sleeping for nearly a year."

We talked some more, thankfully not any more about the crash. I wanted to completely forget about it and that topic upsets Felix. At one point I completely zoned out. But then Ken waving me and Felix over caught my attention. I alerted Felix so that he could wrap up the conversation.

"We've gotta go, Ken wants us I think." Emma and PJ looked over in the direction me and Felix were looking and nodded.

"We'll see you guys later." Emma said and they both waved goodbye. For the first time since I went over there to converse with them, I heard Marzia speak.

"Bye Felix." Felix said bye back. I decided to say my farewells.

"Bye Emma, bye PJ." I looked over at Marzia. I was feeling nice. I put on the best smile I could so I didn't seem too menacing.

"Bye Marzia." She looked shocked at first that I had spoken to her. But then she smiled, returning the farewell. We departed and as we made our way over to Ken, Felix turned to me.

"You actually said goodbye to her and didn't say something mean. Congrats."

Time skip to 3 hours later

I was sitting on the couch with Felix, Marzia sitting next to him. Emma and PJ were sitting on stools next to the couch. Mark, Bob and Wade were sitting on the floor next to Ethan and Tyler, and Ken was sat on an armchair.

We were previously playing truth or dare (well, I wasn't, but it was just as fun to watch), but that game kind of turned into truth or truth. So literally just a q&a.

Wade was telling the story of the ridiculous way he broke up with his first girlfriend, even though mostly everybody in the room had already heard that story, me being one of those people.

Suddenly, I started to feel a lightheaded. I didn't know why. Possibly because of how hot it was in that room, possibly due to the alcohol in my system, even though I had only had a small amount, I wasn't quite sure why. The only thing I was sure on was that if I didn't get any fresh air right then and there, I would pass out.

"I'm gonna step outside real quick. I'll be back in a few minutes." I whispered to Felix.

"Why?"

"I feel like death. I'm gonna go get some fresh air."

"Be back soon. I think we'll head home in about 15 minutes." I nodded and stood up slowly, making my way towards Ken's back garden. I felt the stares of people burning into my back as I did so.

Ken's garden was fucking humungous. He had the biggest garden I had ever seen in my entire life. There were flower pots everywhere. There was a greenhouse in the centre of it all, and several places for growing fruit like strawberries. It all had to be Mary's idea: Ken didn't seem like the gardening type.

I stood against the fence, far away from the window so that nobody could stare at me through it. I hated being stared at.

The fresh air was really doing me good. I had only been out there for a couple of minutes, but I already felt perfect.

Almost.

After one more minute of standing in the fresh, crisp air, I decided to go back inside. However, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Mark emerge. He looked drunk as all fuck. He couldn't evne stand up straight, let alone walk properly. He was walking towards me. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

I tried to manuever my way around him to avoid him, but he followed me every way I went. Every time I tried getting to the door to get inside, he would stop me, so I would have to find another way. I got sick of it after not even a minute. He had me at the place where I started, right next to the fence.

"What do you want Mark? If you wanna talk to me about what happened, at least do it when you're sober." He didn't respond. He just kept staring at me. He was starting to weird me out. I rolled my eyes and tried getting past him, but he put his hand out and pushed me back gently.

"Do you think this is funny or something? I dunno what you're playing at, but you better give it a rest." Again, I tried to get past, and again, he pushed me back, this time with much more force. Now he was really starting to freak me out. He was still staring at me, saying absolutely nothing.

"Mark, fuck off. This isn't fucking funny." He didn't move a muscle.

"Mark, fuck off!" Then in the blink of an eye he put his hands on my shoulders, grabbing them tightly and pushing me up against the wall. He pinned his body against mine, making sure I couldn't get away from him. I was terrified, too terrified to even scream. My blood had froze. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even move and fight him off.

It was when I realised that his lips were on mine that I grabbed his shoulders and pushed him off of me. He didn't try to kiss me again. I had made it clear I wasn't appreciating what he was doing.
I couldn't believe that he did that. It just didn't seem like a Mark thing to do, even if he was drunk.

"What the hell is wrong with you Mark?! I can accept you liking me but I can't accept you making a move on me, that's just not ok!"

After shouting at him I looked over to the door, where Felix came out of, followed by Ken. I think they could tell something was wrong. Felix ran over to me, Ken following closely behind. My boyfriend immediately wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close into his warm embrace.

"Hey, we heard shouting. What's happened?" That's when he noticed Mark standing behind them.

"What the fuck did you do to him Mark?" There was silence. Of course he wasn't going to respond. Felix let go of me and walked up to Mark, his fists curled up in a ball.

"What the fuck did you do?!" He screamed, grabbing his shirt and pulling him close. Mark was scared, Ken was trying his best to seperate him from Felix, and I just wanted to go home. I walked over to Felix and grabbed his attention.

"Leave him. I wanna leave. Can we go home?' I asked. He sighed, nodded, wrapped his arm around me again and walked inside with me and Ken, not before looking back at Mark to threaten him.

"When I find out what you did to him I'm gonna use your guts as a fucking washing line, you understand?! Stay the fuck away from him!" I was shocked. I still couldn't believe what Mark had done. As soon as we walked into the living room everybody began asking questions and asking what the noise was all about. Ken told them to leave it as me and Felix got our stuff and walked out of the door.

A/N: i have a few points to make so i'm gonna number them:

1) idk if ken is actually friends with those people that attended the party, but it doesn't rlly matter. it's a fanfic, anythin goes

2) idk if PJ lives in brighton anymore and i'm not sure if emma ever lived in brighton but they do in this book so shush

3) ik i've kinda made mark the bad guy now and most of u r gonna be rlly mad at that but we need that spicy drama

4) i'm not tryin to say that mark would do somethin like that in real life, bc ofc he wouldn't, he's way too much of a nice guy to do that

5) i did change this chapter. originally mark attempted to have sex with him but jack called for felix and he started crying and shit and then they went home but i changed it so that mark only kissed jack bc i didn't rlly know how i would follow on from the original plot so i changed it, plus mark wouldn't do something like that soo yh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.4K 32
Jack gets a message from someone who wants some nudes. May in include nudes if I find some on the internet.(not guaranteed) Mature just in case my b...
17.3K 542 12
Septiplier High School short story: Mark- a cute fuckboy that falls for Jack. He would do anything for Jack but, the younger boy doesn't know that. J...
13.2K 632 17
The Sequel to: 'The Taste Of Rebound Love'. It's been a few months since the accident, but everything is far from alright. Jack had always loved Ma...
4.8K 187 52
DONT READ THIS ITS REALLY CRINGY Jack, the new kid, Mark, the bully. Will they get along? Felix and Cry, best friends, have the same thoughts. And th...