March - Falsettos Oneshots

By sunlightstorms

This is my oneshot book for Falsettos, containing sadness, cuteness, happiness, etc. Whatever I'm feeling at... More

Death's Gonna Come
Family Bonding
Another Chess Game
Hate Mail/Trina's Drinking Problem
Jason's Girlfriend
Pick Up Lines
Career Day
Cooking Lessons
Phone Calls
Inactivity
Rehab
Names
Damaged
I'd Rather Be Sailing
Growing Up
That One Essay I Wrote Junior Year

Treena

388 9 27
By sunlightstorms

So the story behind this is that my friend mispronounced Trina's name. And obviously we decided that while drunk, she would have the alter ego of Treena the tree. So this is somewhat just a comedy thingy but also as good of quality writing as I usually do. Cause I can do proper grammar and spelling! Well, anyways, I hope you enjoy haha ~ Whizzer/Cassie

I'm shocked upon receiving a call from Mendel, of all people. Despite being friends with him, he hasn't really tried to contact me recently. To be fair, though, I really have been a bitch recently with my unwillingness to do anything but study the AIDS epidemic. On the day that Cordelia is finally successful at getting me to take a break, I get called in to assist him. He has to work late tonight, in his words, "until the bar closes," whenever that is. I'm not quite sure what type of work he's doing at a bar, but at least it is paying enough for him to keep his family afloat.

As to the reason Mendel called me, he claimed that Trina is hopelessly drunk again, and Jason is at his friend's house sleeping over, so there is no one able to make sure she doesn't hurt herself. Mendel had previously attempted to hide all of the alcohol in his house, but Trina was somehow able to find it with ease. Even when he tries to get rid of it, she seems to always have more, which really worries me. As a doctor and a person with any sense of logic whatsoever, I know that this is certainly not good for her health. Even worse, she acts fairly insane when extremely intoxicated, which seems to be the case for tonight. Hopefully she'll sober up over the course of the night or just fall asleep, but I fear that won't be the case. At least Cordelia offered to help me tonight.

"You ready?" Cordelia asks me. I'm unable to do anything but nod as she links her arm with mine and drags me out the door, her "magical hangover cure" in her hand. I have no clue what she put in that thing, but it doesn't seem like something I'd want to try. With a sigh, I lock the door and walk over to the neighboring house. Cordelia swiftly unlocks it with the key Mendel gifted us since, face it, Trina certainly wouldn't be in the right state of mind to open the door for us.

"Hey, Trina?" I shout into the seemingly empty house. Cordelia steps in behind me, looking around nervously as she shuts the door.

"Trina? Who is 'Trina' you speak of? I only know Treena. And that person is right here," Trina says, triumphantly jumping out from behind the sofa, causing both me and Cordelia to jump, my lover squeaking a bit. Trina smiles at us widely, using her index finger to point at herself. She's wearing an extremely odd outfit consisting of a long brown dress with a smaller green skirt that she wears like a poncho. She seems to have taped a potted plant to her head. A flower? What the...

"Um, hello... Treena. Exactly how much have you had to drink today?" Cordelia asks quietly, worry evident in her voice. I glance at her, raising an eyebrow. Why is she enabling her?

"Trina, stop. We know it's you. Treena doesn't exist," I say bluntly, looking at her with a clearly unimpressed expression. Trina stares blankly at us for several minutes, unblinking. It's actually incredibly unnerving how she manages to do this, but I don't know how to react properly, electing to back away slowly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Trina finally says, focusing her attention on my face with the most fake smile I have ever seen. "My name is Treena, and I am a tree."

"What...What are you talking about?" Cordelia questions, looking just as shocked as I am. How in the world does Trina manage to stay simultaneously calm and insane? She acts like it is perfectly normal for her to be a tree. Which she isn't.

"Don't you see my beautiful leaves?" She runs her hand over the skirt, stopping with her hand mid chest. "My lovely flower?" She pats the pot on her head as if it is a pet. "My bark?" She gestures to her entire body at this point as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"How do we babysit a 'tree' exactly?" Cordelia whispers to me, leaning over. Trina begins prancing around the room, clearly not noticing that we are talking. I open my mouth to reply, but Trina trips and falls flat on her face, the couch luckily breaking her fall. It's a miracle that the flower on her head isn't dead yet.

"I have no clue. At least it's two against one, right?" I say with a shrug. I sigh, dropping my head in my hands. "I'm going to lose my fucking mind." Cordelia sympathetically rubs my arm with a sad smile. I lean into her touch slightly. I'm perpetually thrilled that this ball of sunshine sticks with me. She can always make me feel at least a little bit better. She kisses my cheek softly and proceeds to walk over to the kitchen to put down the drink she brought, skillfully avoiding Trina's flailing.

Suddenly, a loud crash snaps me out of my thoughts. I rush over to where Trina had been standing to see a shattered vase. With yet another sigh, I scoop up the shards, attempting to move them all out of the way. This much broken ceramic would be incredibly dangerous without being picked up, especially to Trina, who can't even walk in a straight line at this point. Once the remains of the vase are completely disposed of, I return to the room and find that Trina is nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Delia? Have you seen Trina?" I shout to my lover, who is in the kitchen, attempting to make some sort of juice that she claims will help the drunk.

"No. I thought she was with you?" she replies, worried.

"Shit," I mutter, taking a deep breath. "I'm going to go find her!"

I glance around the house but, upon finding nothing, decide to look outside. Thankfully she is in the backyard, but she is doing some... questionable things. I see her standing in a planter next to a small tree, attempting to bury her feet in the dirt.

"Trina... what are you doing?"

"I must be like my brethren. I must photosynthesize," she replies, breathing heavily. "Dirt, water, and sunlight are all I need in this world." I am somewhat terrified by her mania, but I choose to ignore it, electing to continue to instill some sort of sense into her.

"Um, okay. Come on, you need to get back inside. You need a shower," I say, looking at her with the face usually reserved for patients that refuse to listen to me. To my shock, her eyes light up.

"Yes! I do need a shower," Trina says excitedly.

"Alright. Let's go," I say triumphantly, turning around and opening the door, expecting Trina to be following me. Not that I'm all that surprised when I see her still standing in the planter; however, she seems to have acquired a hose in the ten seconds it took me to get to the door. I swear she's magical or something.

"Trina. What are you doing?" I say with a warning tone. Staring blankly at me, she lifts the hose above her head and turns it on. She quickly becomes soaked with water, and I can tell how cold it is from how she starts shaking violently. Regardless, she refuses to turn it off.

"I must drink to grow. Therefore, showers are the way to go," she says plainly, and the fact that she rhymes sounds somewhat cult-ish. Drunk Trina is really starting to scare me. I rush over to her and practically rip the hose out of her hand and shut it off. Suddenly, I see her tip over, and I manage to catch her right before she hits the ground. I struggle to hold her up while trying not to slip and fall in the muddy area Trina managed to make. In the struggle, I faintly hear the door open again. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Cordelia emerge.

"Charlotte? What's going on? Oh!" she exclaims, rushing over to me to help hold Trina up. With her assistance, I am able to successfully bring the intoxicated woman into the house and clean her up slightly. As a doctor, I am fully used to people not wanting to listen to me, but today was something else. With a sigh, we rest her on her bed and elect to sit on the couch and chat while we wait for Mendel to return.

After a few hours though, Trina wakes up and stumbles back over to us. Despite the wobbly way she walks, she seems to be thinking much more clearly.

"Ugh, what happened? How much did I drink?" she says, groaning.

"A lot and I don't know," I reply calmly. "Feeling sick yet?"

"Very."

"I prepared a hangover cure earlier if you want it," Cordelia says, and although she looks worried, I can tell she's clearly excited to help. Though I'm not quite sure how helpful she will be. I don't think her classes cover these things.

"Yes, please. I need a nap as well. Another one at least," Trina whispers before rushing off into the bathroom. I hear her vomiting incredibly loudly and frown. This is going to be a long night.

Okay also I wrote this at like 9 PM so don't murder me for it not being that good. Also I did 0 proofreading cause I just wanted to publish this for you guys. Cause content! Anyways, see ya in the next one!

Okay so like I'm updating this because I totally forgot to put this in, but I drew Trina's outfit for this one:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 258 32
• R E Q U E S T S C L O S E D • One Shots inspired by our gay Mormons and Jews! Fluff + Angst + Smut Highest Ranking(s): No.1 - eldercunningham No.1...
26.3K 865 13
These are Sherliam oneshots I posted on Ao3, and I decided to make it into a oneshot book here :D VERY SLOW UPDATES! As well as manga spoilers/season...
2.6K 56 29
Marvin, Whizzer, Trina, Mendel, Cordelia and Charlotte are all starting their first year as college students. But what is it that brings them all tog...
19.8K 529 36
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐊𝐅 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐞𝐫'�...