MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR ✔

De huntress2021

Dara's school, Bridge Rose University, was recently closed due to some stupid reason and the students had no... Mai multe

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 - The Transferee Student
CHAPTER 2 - First Day
CHAPTER 3 - Misleading Behavior
CHAPTER 4 - A Promise
CHAPTER 5 - No Reaction
CHAPTER 6 - One-Sided Crush
CHAPTER 7 - New Girl
CHAPTER 8 - Biggest Rival
CHAPTER 10 - Doubts
CHAPTER 11 - The Truth About Namee
CHAPTER 12 - A Confusing Night
CHAPTER 13 - His Past
CHAPTER 14 - First Fight
CHAPTER 15 - The New Rule
CHAPTER 16 - InterSAT Bonfire
CHAPTER 17 - Her Shield
CHAP 18 ONWARDS WILL BE IN PRIVATE. PLS FOLLOW ME TO VIEW.
CHAPTER 18 - In His Arms
CHAPTER 19 - Two Steps Forward
CHAPTER 20 - Push and Pull
CHAPTER 21 - Fake Armor
CHAPTER 22 - Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 23 - Attack at the Back Gate
CHAPTER 24 - Ice Lord's Girl
CHAPTER 25 - Complications
CHAPTER 26 - PicaMee - The Odd Couple
CHAPTER 27 - A Future with Her
CHAPTER 28 - His Kind of Love
CHAPTER 29 - Locker X
CHAPTER 30 - Changes
CHAPTER 31 - A Desperate Heart
CHAPTER 32 - Without Her
CHAPTER 33 - Revenge
CHAPTER 34 - Their Journey
CHAPTER 35 - Slow Steps
CHAPTER 36 - Separation
CHAPTER 37 - Sunset
CHAPTER 38 - Top of the Mountain
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 9 - Fire 39 Leader

60.1K 1.4K 317
De huntress2021

Dara's POV

This kind of awkward is not something I expect in a Sunday morning. I can deal with Namee's mouth any time of day, but I'm not sure how to handle a big guy crying in the middle of the street...and he happens to be the leader of one of the gangs in our school. Should I pat his back? Ruffle his hair? Like a pet? Nah.

Left with nothing to say, I sighed. "This is awkward, right?"

"Really? I'm quite comfortable", he teased and smiled at me while wiping the tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah", he mumbled and casted his eyes downwards. "Well... See you around, I guess", he said and hastily strode past me.

Why do I get entangled in this kind of mess every now and then? Handling a crying guy is beyond my power but I can't just leave him alone after witnessing that drama, can I?

"Wait", I held his arm to stop him and he glanced back at me quizzically. Darn. What should I say? "D-Do you want ice cream?" God, I'm really useless in this kind of situation.

"Excuse me?"

"I'll treat you to ice cream", I said.

"Like a kid?"

"Yeah."

"You're hurting my manly ego, you know", he crossed his arms over his chest and looked down at me like he's a superior human being. Men.

"So, you don't want it?"

"What flavor?"

"Your choice."

"Chocolate."

"Okay."

"Let's go", he said.

I never imagined guys could be so simple.

***

"Why aren't you asking me anything?" Bullet said with a spoon dangling in his mouth.

"I'm not in the position to ask", Dara replied.

"You are. You're my friend."

Dara eyed him and arched her eyebrow. What is up with this guy and his unending mission to make her his friend? He already has a lot of fan girls in InterSAT, not to mention gang mates.

"It must be really awkward for you to see that", Bullet added.

'This is awkward', Dara thought. Why won't he just stop with the small talk and eat the damn ice cream? She could hardly swallow whenever he opens his mouth. To be honest, she winces every time he moves because she's not used to this kind of chill scene after witnessing the earlier drama.

"Hey, I'm trying here. You can at least pretend to have a normal conversation with me."

"Fine", Dara sighed. "Who was that who slapped you?"

"My father's wife", he answered nonchalantly.

"Your father's wife? Your mom?"

"Stepmom. I'm an illegitimate child. Son of a mistress", he shrugged.

Shocker. Now she's regretting why she indulged him. She should have remained silent. How does she respond to that?

"You want to change topic now, don't you?" He smiled and scooped the ice cream on Dara's glass.

"Can we?"

"Yep."

Thank goodness. "So, uhm..."

"Why are you letting Takizawa have her way with Jiro?" Bullet suddenly asked, throwing her off-guard.

"Huh?" She blinked at him in bewilderment. What is he trying to say this time?

"I know you're jealous of her-..."

"Excuse me, I'm NOT jealous!"

"Defensive, aren't we?"

"I'm not."

"I heard you kissed him on the hallway."

"Bullet!"

"I have you figured out, Dara Ramirez", he pointed his spoon at her and smirked.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" She hissed and slapped his hand away.

"You're known as Jiro's girl in InterSAT."

"I'm not Jiro's girl!"

Bullet suddenly stood up and sat beside her, draping his arm on her shoulder. "Then, do you want to be my girl instead?"

"Wha-... Are you hitting on me?" She scowled and pushed him away.

Bullet shrugged and scooped the ice cream on Dara's glass again. "Just trying my luck, munchkin."

"I really can't have a normal conversation with you."

He just laughed at her annoyed face and leaned back on the seat, roaming his eyes around. Dara rested her chin on her palm and observed him. Bullet was now staring in a distance, lost in his own thoughts. Dara can only assume he is still thinking about the incident earlier.

"Does it still hurt?" She reached for his cheek and caressed it with her fingers, making him whip his head towards her. He blinked a couple of times before smiling at her. "It hurts a lot. Do you want to kiss it? This part", he said and pointed at his cheek. Dara rolled her eyes and withdrew her hand.

"Come onnn! Make the pain go away", he insisted while leaning his cheek towards her.

"What is your family like?" Dara asked, ignoring his childish behavior. Bullet was taken aback and he regarded her for a minute before answering, "A normal one."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"No. I'm the only son. My father's wife can't bear any children", he stated lazily.

"I hope you don't mind me asking this but where's your mom?" Dara noticed how Bullet tensed a bit with the question, but he was quick to hide it with his smile.

"You're really interested in me, huh?" He teased, but Dara did not buy his façade.

"If you're uncomfortable talking about it, we can change topic again", she said thoughtfully.

"I'm alright", Bullet replied hurriedly. "I don't know where my mom is, to be honest. She's probably enjoying her time somewhere far after my dad gave her a fortune in exchange of leaving me in his care", he said while playing with the spoon he was holding. "But everything worked out fine. I can put up with my stepmom as long as she doesn't meddle with my business."

"Why did she slap you earlier?"

"She wanted me to transfer school and I refused. I told her that no matter what I do, I will not be able to meet her expectations anyway since from the very start, I'm not part of the family. And then, she slapped me", he smirked. He then tilted his head to look at her while smiling, "Well, that's me. That's my life."

It's quite obvious, actually. The way he hides his pain behind his smile; the way he desperately wants everyone to believe that he's fine. She had a glimpse of how the leader of Fire 39 really is, and it squeezes her heart a bit.

Dara sighed and leaned forward, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Bullet flinched, startled with what she did. He looked at her in astonishment, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"That's for saving me in the back gate before." Dara said and smiled at him. "And I hope that will make the pain go away."

She was expecting him to say something crazy again; to tease her while smiling playfully and to claim that she has a crush on him. After all, she just kissed the biggest flirt in InterSAT. Surely, he won't let this slide. But none of those happened. Instead, Bullet extended his arm and ruffled her hair. There was no smile in his lips as he stared directly at her and said, "It worked. I feel better now."

***

It's been a while since she became a student of InterSAT and her view of the school did not change. It still is a madhouse. Dara sat on the ground beneath the tree and waved at the former Bridge Rose student that passed by. She placed her books beside her and roamed her eyes around. Yes, InterSAT is indeed a crazy place; but the students have their own stories to tell that many people tend to overlook. She opened her book and began reading, thankful for the silence that brings her comfort.

"DARAAA!!!!"

Of course, it takes one Namee to ruin that silence and blow away the comfort.

"DARAAA!!!"

God, make her shut up. Please make her shut up!

"DARAAA!!" Namee slumped beside Dara and threw her arms around her. "DARAAA!!!!"

"What?!"

"Nothing", Namee beamed at her and leaned her back on the tree. "I just want to shout your name."

"You're crazy", Dara exclaimed in frustration.

"So..." Namee snatched the book from Dara's hand and looked at her squarely in the eyes, "I heard some things about Takizawa."

"Seriously, Namee? You're not letting this go? I think Riko is not a bad person."

"She looks like a fairy princess and everything in her possession has glitters. Therefore, she's a bad person. Now, listen..."

"You know, you have a twisted sense of logic."

"LISTEN!!" Namee whined. "Takizawa helped the Black Dragons once that's why Jiro is letting her stick with him."

"I've already heard that from Jiro", Dara mumbled.

"But I found out that it's not entirely true."

Dara frowned, "What?"

"Takizawa did help someone but he's not from the Black Dragons. But then, Ice Lord told his gang that he owes one to Takizawa since the man she helped is someone he respects so his gang mates considered it as their debt to her as well."

"That's odd. Who did she help then?"

"I don't know. He must be someone close to Ice Lord." Namee shrugged and suddenly, a smile formed on her lips. A creepy smile. "Why don't you ask him? You should go to their turf!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Why not? Okay, you don't have to ask him anything. You can just hang out in their turf."

"Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be?"

"Why? I didn't say you should go there naked."

"Cut it out."

"Are you really contented in staring at him from a distance? It's creepy."

"I can't do it."

"Just go there."

"No."

"Please?"

"Why are you so bent on making me and Jiro a couple?

"Because! You like him and if I don't push you, you'll probably keep it to yourself for two decades!"

"I don't like hi-.."

"Liar."

"But I-.."

"Liar."

"Nam-..."

"Liar."

"NAMEE!"

"Alright, I'm joking", Namee chuckled at her friend's flustered expression. "Oh, look at you blushing. Aren't you cute?" She teased and poked Dara's cheek.

"Jeez! Stop pairing me up with him."

"Dara, I don't have a frigging clue what you really want. Do you want him to court you, give you flowers and offer you his life then the two of you will roll off into the sunset? That would be really cheesy."

"I don't want anything!" Dara snarled at Namee and grabbed her book back as she stood up. "Let's stop this nonsense and just accompany me to the Techno Hub. Where is the Techno Hub anyway?"

"The Techno Hub?" Namee blinked at her in surprise. "It's in the Tech Building. Why would you want to go there? It's where The Claws turf is at."

"Oh, it is?" Dara said, recalling whether Namee ever brought her there during her first day when Namee dragged her around and showed her the InterSAT gangs' turfs. But if her memory serves her right, they never went to the Tech Building.

"Don't go there. The Claws gang is unlike the Black Dragons and Fire 39. Their leader is crazy. If not for Ice Lord guarding the Arts Building and Bullet at the back gate, they would have wrecked havoc in the entire school."

"But I need to go there. The microfilms are in Techno Hub and I need something for my research."

"I'm sorry, Dara. If you really must go there, just ask Ice Lord to accompany you."

"But Namee!"

***

Dara shifted her weight on her feet, her eyebrows furrowed in worry. They were near the Black Dragon's turf and it's honestly driving her nuts. She can't imagine asking Jiro to accompany her to the Tech Building. Talking to him when they are alone is different from talking to him at school. Plus, after realizing her 'tiny' crush on him, she'll probably explode in a million particles before she can ask a favor from him.

Dara can feel the butterflies in her stomach multiplying at each passing second. She clutched Namee's arm tightly and tried to drag her away. "Forget it. Let's just go", she pleaded.

"Gosh, Dara!" Namee wiggled from her grasp and stretched her neck to peek at the Black Dragon's turf. "He's there! I saw him!" She exclaimed, making Dara freeze. He's there? Oh no!

"Go! Ask him!" Namee pushed Dara but the latter hid behind her.

"I don't have anything to say."

"Just ask him to accompany you to the Tech Building! How hard can that be? You can't go there alone, Dara. The moment you step inside, they will smell your fear. And they will run towards you and eat your liver."

"Stop being ridiculous."

"You're the one who's ridiculous. You like Jiro but whenever he's with you, you talk like this – mumble mumble mumble...mumble mumble mumble."

"I do not talk like a bumble bee!" Dara screeched.

"Then, go ask him now instead of just standing there."

Dara chewed on her lips with a deep frown on her forehead as she stared at the Black Dragon's turf. "I can't do it", she whined after a while.

"I'm not asking you to lick him, you dimwit."

"Will you stop it?"

"Gosh", Namee chuckled at her friend's sour expression. "If he breathes, don't panic okay?"

Argh!

Dara looked at the Black Dragon's turf once again and pondered for a moment. She really needs the microfilm in the Techno Hub but she can't bring herself to ask Jiro to accompany her. She was still contemplating when suddenly, a face materialized in front of her making her shriek.

"Hello", the guy with a mohawk smiled at her. "What are you doing here, Ice Lord's girl?"

"U-Uhm..." Dara shifted her gaze to Namee but her stupid friend is already running away. Gah! Namee! She glanced back at the short guy and took a step back. "I-I'm not Jiro's girl."

The guy jumped towards the railing and sat there. He stared at Dara with amusement while rocking back and forth. "My name is Bonsai", he grinned. "So, what's the deal between you and our leader? If you don't tell me the truth, I'll jump from here and you'll be the one responsible for my death."

Dara's eyes widened in disbelief. Is he crazy? They're at the fourth floor!

"One..two..AHHHHH!!!" Bonsai screamed as he fell backwards from where he's sitting.

"OH MY GOD!!" Dara screamed and ran towards him, only to find him chuckling while his half body is dangling upside down, his legs still hooked on the railing. He swayed and grabbed the railing with one hand and jumped back to the corridor.

"Scared you, didn't I?" Bonsai said triumphantly.

"Bonsai!" Picaro's deep voice thundered all over. With long strides, he approached his gang mate and yanked his ear.

"Ouch, ouch! I was just teasing her!"

"Inside. Now!" Picaro instructed. "Sorry, Dara. I'll call Ice Lord and tell him you're here."

"Wait! I-..." Before Dara can stop him, Picaro already went inside their turf to inform Jiro that she's there.

Dara exhaled audibly, not knowing what to do. Should she run away? That would make her look stupid! But she might do something stupider if she asks him. Ugh! ARGH! NAMEE!!

"Ramirez", Jiro's voice entered her ears, making her flinch. He was standing at the door of the Black Dragon's turf while staring at her; the rest of his gang was peeking at every available hole to look at the girl who has their leader's attention.

Dara's breathing was caught in her throat when Jiro began striding towards her. "What are you doing here?"

She swallowed hard and averted her gaze. Why is it so difficult to ask him to accompany her? Riko Takizawa did a good job asking him to give her a tour of the school so why can't she do it?

"Did something happen?" Jiro's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"N-No!" God, she should stop stuttering.

"Then, what brings you here?"

"I-I want me to accompany you to go to microfilm to get the Techno Hu-..uh..." GAAHH!! What is she saying?! "No, I mean...I want you-..." I want you? What?! NOOO!!! Dara Ramirez!!

"SHE WANTS HIM! Atta boy, Ice Lord!" The Black Dragons cheered and whistled, making Dara blush. She hugged her books tightly and took a step back, ready to run because of embarrassment. But Jiro reached for her and held her upper arm, preventing her to move away.

"You're asking me to accompany you to Techno Hub?" He asked in his usual noncommittal tone. Dara nodded meekly.

"Okay. Let's go."

***

She knew it. She should have NEVER trusted Namee. That girl is the daughter of darkness!

The Tech Building is nowhere near what Namee made her believe. It is actually more peaceful compared to the Arts Building. Her reason for asking Jiro to accompany her crumbled. Wah! She's getting embarrassed as they walk towards the Techno Hub while the students kept staring at them. Of course 'Ice Lord' is famous all over InterSAT, and that includes the Tech Building.

"Is the turf of The Claws located here?" Dara asked.

Jiro eyed him questioningly before responding, "No. Why?"

"Oh. Nothing."

That Namee! She intentionally frightened her to make her ask Jiro! Dara sighed and continued walking, her eyes focused on the floor. Occasionally, she would glance at Jiro who was walking at her right side and she would immediately avert her gaze while smiling inwardly. She felt like she's walking with her boyfriend. Boyfriend?! What boyfriend? What was she thinking? They are not even walking close to each other! Jiro is in a distance away from her; she can even fit an elephant between them!

"That's the Techno Hub." Jiro pointed at the room and looked at her, pulling her out of her trance. "Get what you need. I'll wait for you here."

"No, it's okay. I can manage from here."

"I'll wait for you", Jiro said with finality. Before Dara can respond, another voice joined their conversation.

"Jiro! Dara! What are you two doing here?" Riko exclaimed as she approached them. Great. It's that girl AGAIN.

"I just need something from the Techno Hub." Dara answered.

"Then, I'll help you. It's my vacant hour anyway."

Oh, she'll help her. Isn't she the kindest girl in the world? Gosh, why is she getting irritated?

"Okay", Dara said in agreement and the two girls gathered the materials that Dara needs for her research. After a while, they stepped out of Techno Hub and started going back to the Arts Building...with Riko accompanying them.

Why is she tagging along? WHY?! Dara stole a glance at Riko and Jiro and much to her dismay, the two are in a deep conversation as if she doesn't exist. She has no clue what the two are talking about. Riko and Jiro. Why must their names rhyme like URGH!

She sighed and mentally kicked herself. She has no right to shun Riko when the girl is not doing anything wrong. Besides, there's nothing between her and Jiro. Nothing between her and Jiro.

*Sigh*

"Are you going to the InterSAT bonfire, Dara?" Riko suddenly asked.

"What bonfire?" Dara asked in bewilderment.

"Jiro didn't tell you?"

"No, he...didn't." Dara said while looking at Jiro whose eyes are darted forward.

 "Oh, I see", Riko said. She glanced momentarily at Jiro before she continued. "The InterSAT bonfire is held at the back of the school grounds, near the Fire 39 turf. It's an event held by the InterSAT gangs."

Dara nodded dispiritedly. Jiro didn't tell her about it.

"You only have one class left just like me, right?" Riko asked. "Let's walk home together after school", she smiled and looked at Jiro. Wow. By together, she meant Jiro.

Dara felt like her heart is being squeezed at each passing second. She swallowed the lump that is forming on her throat before answering. "No, you two head back home without me. I need to go to the library after class", she said, forcing a smile on her lips.

***

Dara's POV

Judging from the hands of the clock and the grumbling of my stomach, it's way past dinner time. I lazily gathered my things scattered on the table and stuffed them inside my bag. I was swimming in my own sea of misery, wasting my time in the study hall by filling my notebook with doodles to avoid walking home with Jiro and Riko. My 'pathetic status' has now been established, solidified, stamped and proven.

I seriously hate myself for acting this way but I would rather stare at the wall than bear the sight of the two together. To be honest, Riko fits Jiro well and she has a better chance with him. I, on the other hand, don't even know where I should stand. It seems Jiro doesn't entertain the possibility of me liking him.

It really sucks.

As I exited the empty study hall, my mind is still filled with the two. But my thought process came to a halt when I saw a group of guys lurking by the stairs. I immediately casted my gaze downwards and descended the stairs quickly.

"Isn't that Ice Lord's girl?"

"I thought Takizawa is his girl?"

"Really? Then this Bridge Rose princess is out? Should we approach her?"

I felt shivers run down my spine as they stared at me while smirking. When one of them moved, I immediately broke into a run. Their laughter echoed in my ears as I ran forward without glancing back. My God! I'll never stay in school at night. I bet they only hesitated because I'm still associated with Jiro. I was already gasping for breath as I neared the school gate.

I thought Takizawa is his girl? I slowed down and walked gingerly as I recalled what they said. Even those thugs think that Riko and Jiro are an item. I really can't compete with her. I just can't. Just imagining Jiro rejecting me makes my chest constrict in pain.

To torture myself some more, I thought about the first time I saw Riko – when she kissed Jiro on the cheek. Up to now, I still don't know the reason why he lets her do that. Why is he accommodating her?

What if she really becomes Jiro's girlfriend? Shit. No, no, no! I don't want to cry.

I furiously wiped the corner of my eyes, refusing the tears to fall. Heaving a deep sigh, I straightened my shoulders and proceeded to walk. When I heard hurried footsteps behind me followed by collective chuckles, I glanced back and gasped in fright when I saw the guys lurking at the stairs following me.

"Bridge Rose princess, wait for us!"

Oh no! I held the strap of my bag tightly, readying myself to run but the thug's next words made me freeze.

"Hey, Bridge Rose princess-... Shit. Montecillo, we're just joking."

I followed his gaze and when my eyes settled on the shadow leaning on the gate, I had to bite my lips to prevent myself from crying.

Jiro is waiting for me.

Writer's Note:

Follow me on twitter @huntress2021

We have an MGP team that roleplays the characters!

Thanks to Lei for the chapter banner!

huntress ^_^

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.9K 39 7
Jiyong being a mafia boss was never a problem for Dara; she accepted him as it is. She was happy with him beside her. Even when he would shut himself...
7.2K 664 38
They are the group no one dares to mess with, with a school that stands behind them. She is the girl who opposes them, and the girl who might just lo...
23.4K 499 31
Haven Collins is an average teenager in an average home, with average wealth, and an average smile. She's never stood out in her life and she liked i...
Be Mine De mv

Fanfiction

266K 5.4K 28
Description Love, fate, life and death will bind them together. In the world where everything you have is just borrowed, where everything has its own...