Changing The Future

SnowflakeTheTherian

Tsuki Okami was a normal girl. If by normal you mean obsessed with Doctor Who and Death Note. When she dies e... Еще

Prologue
Ch 1 Building A Reputation
Ch 2. Planning and Messaging
Ch 3. L vs. Kira
Ch 5. Recovery And Suspicion
Ch 6. Naomi And Phone Calls
Ch 7. Revelations And Killers
Ch 8. Meeting Watari
Ch 9. Flirting And Pranks
Ch 10. I'm The Main Suspect
Ch 11. Uncertainties And Coma's
Ch 12. Doctors And Tears
Ch 13. Restarting The Investigation
Ch 15. Hearing Voices
Ch 16. Physical Changes And Soulmates
Ch 17. Getting Advice From Watari
Ch 18. Telling L And Apologizes
Ch 19. Anger
Ch 20. Planning
Ch 21. Internet And Fob Watches
Ch 22. Human Again.....Sorta
Ch 23. Daleks And Memories
Ch 24. It All Comes Back...And A Prophecy
Ch 25. Decoding The Prophecy
Author Note

Ch 4. Heart Attack

1K 32 11
SnowflakeTheTherian

At the police department

"All right. Let's start with the tip line reports." said Soichiro of the ICPO.

"Yes, sir. Up to this point, we've received 3029 responses about the murders and revivals via telephone and e-mail. Most of these have been curious citizens' and prank calls, but there are 14 people who claimed to either know Kira or Tenshi or who have seen, them. All 14 accounts were followed up on and carefully documented. However, nobody could provide any information that wasn't already publicly available. Lastly this week there were additional 21 people who called in claiming to be Kira and 31 who called in claiming to be Tenshi. We didn't wanna rule anything out. So we followed standard procedure and created files for all of them." reported an officer as he stood up to address the room.

"Uh-huh. All right. On to the victim and revival reports." Soichiro said nodding to the first officer before turning to another.

"Yes, sir. Upon further investigation, we have confirmed that information of the heart attack victims and Miracle revivals were, in fact, made publicly available in Japan immediately prior to their deaths and revivals. Also, concerning L's request that we investigate the time of death of each victim and the revivals, we found that all of them occurred between the hours of 4 p.m. and 2 a.m. on weekdays local time with 68% of them occurring between 8 p.m. and12 a.m. Weekends and holidays appeared to be the exception to this rule as the times of deaths and revivals vary much more widely than during the week." The officer in question responded.

"That information is extremely relevant for us. It suggests that given the times of the deaths and revivals, our suspect and miracle worker both could very well be students, also based on the fact that Kira is only killing criminals, I think it's safe to assume that he is driven by a very idealistic notion of justice. Tenshi seems to be more neutral reviving anyone she sees regardless of their status, though it seems she avoids Kira's victims as much as possible. It's highly possible Kira and potentially Tenshi may even aspire to be some sort of godlike figures. We're dealing with the individuals who have a very childish concept of right and wrong or want to cheat death. Of course, this is mere speculation at this point, but still, I recommend you reexamine any assumptions you've made as to whether or not our suspect and Miracle worker could be students. We must consider every possibility. I believe that's the shortest route to finding and arresting Kira and locating Tenshi. Please continue with your report." L said through his voice modifier.

"Hm. Oh aright. Does anyone else have something they'd like to add?" Soichiro asked the room as he furled his eyebrows in deep thought.

"Ah, yes, sir." Matsuda said almost shaking nervously.

"What is it, Matsuda?" Soichiro asked a hint of annoyance and fondness in his eyes.

"Um. W-well I'm not saying this to s-support Kira, or to c-condone the murders, but in the l-last few days throughout the world, but especially h-here in Japan, we've observed the d-dramatic decrease in the number of v-violent crimes committed. Also, T-Tenshi isn't doing anything w-wrong why are we trying to force her to show themselves?" Matsuda spoke stuttering nervously.

"Well, I suppose it makes sense. We've suspected something like that would happen. for the second part, it's because Tenshi can't have that much power in their hands. Anything else?" Soichiro asked Matsuda with a small barely noticeable frown.

"No." Matsuda answered relieved that he didn't get in trouble.

"Well, that about sums up our report for today, L." Soichiro said looking toward the white screen that showed a fancy black L.

"Thank you, everyone. I feel we're one step closer to finding Kira and possibly Tenshi. Before I go, I'm afraid I have one additional request to make. This is directed to the teams investigating the victims, TV news, and the internet, I would like you to go back and take a closer look at the exact way in which the victims' and revivals identities were made public. Be as thorough as possible. In particular, I want to know if photos of the victims that were made available to the public in Japan. I leave it to you." L responded

TIMESKIP

"I knew I can count on you, Light." Sayu said cheerfully as Light helped with her homework. I grinned at my little sister's enthusiasm. she was defiantly a sunray in the otherwise plain and boring family. I had preplanned this month's revivals so I could get some lazy time. All of them were from the hundreds of requests I got each week. It seemed that I got a pretty large fanbase. I turned back to the conversation in time to catch Lights reply.

"Hey, so do you think you're ready to try a few on your own now?" Light asked smiling slightly. I narrowed my eyes at him wondering if the emotion was faked, but couldn't find any sign he was lying.' though that doesn't say much.' I thought bitterly.

"Huh? Yeah. I guess so. Oh, sounds like Dad's home." Sayu said happily running up to hug dad. I smiled at my weird innocent little sister.

"Welcome home, dear." Mom said smiling. I glanced at dad noticing how tired he was. I frowned a look of worry flashed across my face.

"Thank you." dad said softly as he plopped into a seat.

"He's home really early today." Sayu said a slightly worried look on her face.' Ah, I wasn't the only one to notice.' I thought a smile on my face.

"Hey, why don't you at least try the last problem by yourself?" Light suggested no emotion present on his face. I scowled at my supposed big brother.

"I will, but maybe after dinner." Sayu said looking at the homework as if it had turned into a pack of rabid care bears.

"Yeah, right." Light said doubtfully. I snorted.' not blaming you there buddy.' I thought in amusement.

TIME SKIP

"So, Light, Tsuki tell me how are both your studies going?" dad asked curiously.

"Hm? Everything is okay, I guess." Light said shrugging. I stuck my tongue out at him earning an eye roll from Light, a glare from dad, and a giggle from Sayu.

"Yeah, same goes for me." I said happily. I kept glancing at the place I knew Ryuk was. thankfully Light was focused on dad.

"Whatever. Tsuki is at the top of her entire school and Light is top of his class. My big sister and brother are geniuses." Sayu gushed smiling. I blushed a bit. I didn't get any compliments in my previous life. Suddenly one of my hearts ceased to beat. Gasping for air and clutching my chest.

Dad, mom, Sayu, and even Light were looking at me in horror. My vision was getting cloudy I tried to get up but just fell to the ground my second heart was straining to keep up in the first absence but was growing weaker. I barely registered my family trying to talk to me but I couldn't make out anything they said. Black dots flooded my vision at the lack of oxygen to my brain. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Light seemingly glaring at the air.

Hospital

Soichiro Yagami was sitting in a waiting room of the hospital with his family when a nurse walked out. Soichiro jumped up out of his seat a look of worry on his face. Light, Sayu, and Sachiko looked up from their crying and comforting of each other.

"How is she! Hows my daughter!" Soichiro demanded. The nurse looked at Soichiro with tired eyes.

"Ms. Yagami is in stable condition and is expected o make a full recovery." The nurse started. The family let out a sigh of relief.

"However, there is something you should know." the nurse continued. The family tensed again. Soichiro closed his eyes for a minute.

"What is it?" Soichiro asked hesitantly. His eyes searching the nurses for a sign that Tsuki would be ok.

"Your daughter has two hearts, extremely dense bones-at least five times the normal density it should be at, a remarkable healing speed, an impossible eye structure, a much larger and complex brain, three brainstems, an additional brain lobe dedicated to mechanical and other bodily functions, extra ribs, darker and slightly orange blood- which has highly regenerative properties, a series of pulmonary tubes parallel to the lymphatic system, extra skin layers, and double the amount of organs other then the lungs." the nurse stated listing the everything. The jaws of the family dropped in disbelief.

"W-what?!" Soichiro practically choked out.

TIME SKIP
Police Department

"Hey, chief hows Tsuki?" Matsuda asked worriedly the next day.

"she's fine." Soichiro said calmly. A man came up and dropped a folder on Soichiro's desk.

"What? I don't believe this. Another 23 victims and revivals yesterday? Are these confirmed?" Soichiro demanded eyes widening.

"Y-yes." The man answered nervously.

"The day before there were another 23 victims and revivals. Their killing and reviving one-off, every hour on the hour." Soichiro said shaking his head and sighing.

"Considering that this new pattern has been going on for two weekdays, it does punch some holes in that theory that the suspect and miracle worker are students." said the man a little too confidently.

"Maybe not. Anybody can skip two days a school." Another man spoke up.

"You're missing the point." L's synthetic voice cut through the conversation.

"Huh?" The second man asked confused.

"It does appear less likely now that Kira and Tenshi are students, but that's not the message their sending by doing this. Ask yourselves. Why every hour and why are all these victims in prisons and revivals in hospitals where they should be discovered immediately. Why not other criminals and people like before? I believe Kira and Tenshi are telling us that not only can they kill and revive from a distance, but they can also determine the time of death and revival." L says gravely.

Unknown Location

"But something is not right. As soon as we began to suspect that Kira and Tenshi might be students, the pacing of the killings and revivals changed. As if to contradict that theory. Coincidence? No. Too convenient. This can only mean that Kira and Tenshi have access to police information. It's obvious now. This is a direct challenge to me." L said while crouching in a dark room. L leaned back turning off his microphone.

" So Kira and Tenshi have found a way to obtain information from the task force headquarters. This is one fact that cannot be ignored. But what do they get out of all this? What is they hoping to achieve in the end?" L whispered softly to himself as he observed through the cameras.

SHORT TIME SKIP

Police Department

"What's this about?" Soichiro asked confused when three men handed in resignation forms.

"With all due respect, chief, we are resigning. We demand that you assign us to a different case. Otherwise, you can have our badges right here and now." One of the men said.

"Why? You are good cops." Soichiro said protesting. Soichiro looked disheartened by the news.

"Isn't it clear? It's because we value our lives, sir." the man said sternly.

"If what L says is true, Kira and even Tenshi have some ESP-like power that somehow allows him to kill and revive people indirectly from anywhere." One of the others said.

"Well, if I were Kira, sir, I'd probably wanna trying to get rid of the people who are trying to catch me." Said the final man.

"Let's face it, he knows he will be sentenced to death if he's caught. Also, there's no guarantee that Tenshi will bring us back." The second man said firmly.

"We all sat here and watched when L decided to pull that media stunt and challenge Kira to kill him. Well, it was all very impressive at the time, but again L never had to show his face or reveal his name for that matter. I'm sure you recall L's last request? He asked that we take a closer look at how these victims and revived peoples identities were made public. Specifically to determine whether photos of the victims and revivals were available to the public prior to their deaths and new lives. Well, it turns out he was right. Every single one of those victims and revivals names and photos were broadcast or posted to the Japanese public and then they died or were revived. Unlike someone we know, we are out there investigating this case wearing police IDs with our names and photos on them. Anybody with a computer can find out who we are. We don't hide our faces. We 're out in the open." said the first man said almost yelling.

"Sir, the truth is, we could be killed by Kira at any time and Tenshi might not be able to revive us." the third man said softly.

"For these reasons, we refuse to continue working this case. Excuse us, chief." the first man stated with a air of finality before he and the other two stormed out of the room.

"Hey, stop. All of you. Hold it right there." called Soichiro but they were already gone. Soichiro sighed in defeat. First his daughter almost died and was found to have medical anomalies all over her body than this. Soichiro didn't know how much more he could take.

Unknown Location

"We've brought the FBI to Japan four days ago. They are fully operational. As requested they are now gathering intel of the police." Watari reported calmly.

"And this is the complete list?" L asked not taking his eyes off his the screen. Watari nodded.

"Yes." Watari stated.

"There are 141 people in the police force who have access to classified information regarding the investigation. I'm sure somewhere in this list of the police officers and the people closest to them, we will find our suspect." L deduced monotonously.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

147K 5.4K 24
I've always enjoyed drawing. I even enjoyed making up my friends. But I never thought that my friends would turn out to be the real deal. And I never...
140K 5K 47
Your brother was killed by Kira, it was a mistake, he was framed for robbery With furious thoughts running through your mind you beg your brothers b...
1.3K 36 40
It's not something that happens to a girl every day. Being sent back in time. Or across continents. Especially the sudden understanding of the langua...
691 28 20
Sayu Yagami never thought she'd be anything special; just the little sister to the smartest guy in the world. Then everything changes when she is giv...