Meeting the Band

By unpredictable-5sos

"Would you like Ashton to be your brother sweetie?" I remember my mom asking me when I was only five. I nodde... More

Meeting the Band
1- Meeting the Band
2- Deal
3- Give Me Love
4- Young Love
5- Late Night Walks
6- First Day of School
7- Ice Cream
8- Party
9- Goodbye
10- Returning Home
11- Writing
12- The Single
13- Is This Legal?
14- She's Sick
15- A Little Drunk
16- I'd Love To
17- Twitcam
18- SLSP
19- I'm Sorry
20- Joshua Hess
21- Whipped Cream Wars
22- Opportunities
23- Lies
24- The Meeting
26- Envelopes
27- FaceTime
28- Just A Kiss
29- Wherever You Are
30- The Hospital
31- LA House
32- My Other Half
33- Michael
34- Roof
35- Cereal Talks
36- Epilouge

25- Jerk

3.1K 72 22
By unpredictable-5sos

Chapter 25:

I was sitting in my room with Kylie and Zoe. It had been awhile since the three of us got together to catch up with everything going on, so we sat in a circle on my bed and talked. Zoe told Kylie about the incident with Calum and she was about to tell us what they decided.

She fumbled with her fingers, "We talked about things for a really long time. We decided that we're better off as friends."

"What?" Kylie gaped.

"You both decided that?" I asked.

"Well," Zoe sighed, "I guess I decided it. I ended up having to leave and go home because I couldn't stand to see him so upset."

I was expecting the exact opposite of what she told us. I needed a better explanation so I asked her about it. "But you were trying to forgive him, right?"

"I was." she answered, "I just don't think it's worth it. Let's face it, they're leaving soon and who knows if he'll mess up once he goes on tour again."

Kylie shook her head, "Zoe, you've gotta have more faith in him. I can't even begin to count the number of times he's come to me practically in tears because he loves you so much."

"It's hard to explain because it hasn't happened to you guys. Everybody on twitter started these ridiculous rumors about Calum with other people, but when he confirmed them it was like a slap in the face. Thousands of people started drama about our relationship and then when it turned out to be true, none of it was private. Everybody all over the internet knew what he did before I knew it myself."

"Zoe, I'm so sorry." I said.

"Maybe things will change when they get back." Zoe told us. She kept her focus on her hands, not looking up at either of us.

"But-" Kylie said.

"Guys," Zoe cut her off, "Calum and I are going to stay good friends. It's going to be perfectly okay."

It was clear to us that Zoe was trying to convince herself. She added a fake smile at the end when she looked up at us. Kylie and I frowned and pulled her into a tight hug. I heard my door creak open while we hugged her, but the person at the door didn't say anything.

I pulled away and looked towards whoever was there. Luke was standing at my door doing that weird thing with his feet that he did when he was nervous or uncomfortable. He never seemed to notice it himself but everybody else did.

"Should I come back later?" he asked.

We all looked to Zoe. She shook her head, "No, it's fine. We were just talking about stuff."

He sat on my bed the same way I was. His legs were crossed and his knee overlapped mine. He started out with his hands in his lap until his left hand ended up resting over my thigh.

"Practice just ended and I was coming to see how you were doing." he said to Zoe.

"I'm fine," she smiled again. "You guys are going on tour soon and I think it would be too much for both of us to get back together and have him leave again."

Luke scratched the back of his neck, "You guys talk about us leaving as if we're not coming back. We will come back," he turned to look at me, "Always."

I put my hand over his and rested my head on his shoulder, "I think she means that nothing is guaranteed to stay the same."

"Some things are," he argued. "Zoe, Calum will still love you. Kylie, Ashton will still be completely in love with you." He rubbed his thumb over my knee, "I'll still love you, B."

Kylie spoke up again, "Three months is a long time, what if you guys forget about us? What if Ashton finds somebody out there who he likes better?"

He chuckled, "Do you remember the other night when he actually got annoyed with you because you thought you loved him more?"

I laughed, and Kylie sat there with the biggest smile on her face. Luke looked back at Zoe, "Calum's not going to forget about you either. I'm not supposed to say anything but he already wrote a song about you."

Her eyes widened, "What's it like?"

"It's really good. It's kind of an apology to you, and that's all I'm going to say." Luke answered. "To be perfectly honest with you, we were all really sad that we'd be gone for a few months. But, this is such an amazing thing for us to be apart of."

Kylie smiled, "We want you all to know that we're so happy for you. Seeing videos of you guys on stage is going to be incredible."

I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was smiling. "Thanks," he said. "Don't ever forget that you guys are really important to us."

Zoe pouted, "Bailey your boyfriend is too nice, it's not fair."

I couldn't hide my smile, "I know."

-

-

Michael, Calum and Luke were officially done with high school. They all dropped out to persue their music career which was a big step for them. If they really wanted to, they could've continued with school on the road but they all talked with their families and decided together. Ashton graduated the year before and wasn't planning on doing more school anyway.

The date of them leaving was fast approaching so we all tried to spend as much time together as we possibly could. Since we spent the majority of our time in a big group I didn't get as much time to be alone with Luke.

I tossed Luke's flannel on over what I was wearing and got into my car. I had leggings and I tee shirt on, but the air was freezing. Goosebumps rose on my skin because the air inside my car was even colder. The drive to Luke's house wasn't long, and Liz greeted me at the door. She was a very welcoming person who was lovely to talk to. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was some luggage in the front hall.

"Sorry," Liz said, "It's a little cluttered in here. There's a teaching workshop that I was invited to and Andrew is coming too."

"Are there lots of workshops and conferences?" I asked.

"There are tons! I absolutely love them. Andrew and I go usually for a weekend and it gives us something to do."

"That's nice," I smiled.

"So," she said, "Luke's been hiding in his room all day writing. Then he tears it out and puts it in a pile. He won't let anybody read them and I was wondering if you know what's up with that?"

I thought about it for a minute, "He could be trying to write a song but that's not usually how he does it."

"Yes, it seemed quite strange."

"Yeah," I agreed. I took off my shoes and put them in the corner where everybody else kept theirs.

"Bailey?" Liz asked, grabbing my attention. "Has Luke talked to you about this tour much?"

"Yes, why?"

"I guess I'm a little worried. He's going to all different parts of the world and he's still my little boy."

I could tell Liz was terrified to let him go. It was only the start for them. I knew they were working a lot on an album and once they finished the tour with One Direction they were probably going to go on their own headlining arena tour.

"I know he's nervous too, they all are. This is one of the biggest opportunities they've been given so far and they'll get so much more exposure and practice from it. Saying goodbye to them is going to be awful but this is what they've dreamed of. All of them are going to do great once they get out there."

"How did Luke find such a wonderful girl like you?" she smiled.

I blushed as she pulled me in for a hug. I felt two more arms wrap around us.

"Why are we hugging?" Luke asked. I giggled and we all pulled away.

"Because," Liz said, "I was just talking to Bailey and she's a lovely girl."

Luke made a face, "Eh, she's alright."

I hit him in the chest and he immediately wrapped both of his arms around me. "I'm kidding, I love you!" he said, attacking me in kisses.

"You're a jerk," I laughed, still tightly in his grasp.

"But you love me," he countered.

"Yes. I love you but you're a jerk."

He guided me to his room where we both sat on the bed. I saw a pile of papers on the side table that his mom was talking about. There was a pile of envelopes next to them which meant he wasn't writing a song. I didn't need to know what they were so I didn't ask him about it. He leaned against the headboard and pulled me close to his chest.

"My parents aren't going to be here tonight," he said, playing with our intertwined fingers.

"And?" I asked, even though I knew what he was implying.

"You should spend the night,"

"Hmm," I pretended to think about it. "I don't really like sleeping with jerks."

"And how many jerks have you slept with?" he questioned.

"Too many to count," I said, casually.

"Yeah?" he asked. He let go of my hand and started to tickle me.

"Stop!" I squealed.

"How many?" he laughed, as he continued to tickle me.

"Just this one guy. I think his name is Luke Hemmings and he's in band or something."

He stopped tickling me and his lips inched closer to mine. "You're such a dork," he said. I lifted my head slightly to attach our lips. "But you're my dork." he said, once we pulled away.

I smiled, "To answer your question, yes I'll stay."

"Good. I have another question."

"What?" I asked.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"Nope," I answered.

"Okay I have a lot of stuff planned for us to do. You're going to be stuck with me all day."

-

-

We were on the couch watching some stupid comedy that Luke picked out. Neither of us were interested in it but we didn't have anything else to do.

"This movie sucks," Luke said, turning it off.

I turned around so I could face him on the small couch. Our bodies were pressed together and I could feel his chest rising and falling as he breathed. He flashed a dimpled smile and stole a quick kiss.

"I love you," I said, giving him another short kiss.

"I love you too," he said, placing his hand around my hip. I rested both my hands around the nape of his neck. Our lips came in contact again when his tongue grazed across my bottom lip before it entered my mouth.

We had kissed each other too many times to count, but each one was different. The one thing that never changed was how it made me feel. Every time we'd kiss it was like I was falling for him all over again. No matter what was going on in the world, when we were together nothing else mattered.

His tongue circled around the inside of my mouth at a soothing pace. Things grew heated quickly and the kiss deepened. His hand gripped the small of my back and pushed it closer to him.

I could feel his bulge grow as I grinded my hips into him. An accidental moan escaped his warm lips. I began to lightly brush my lips under his ear and down his neck. His head lolled back in response to my gentle touch. I reattached my lips to his and bit down on carefully, pulling just a bit on his lip ring.

His hands crept up my shirt and I knew where things were going. I pulled back slightly so I could take off my shirt. I was hovering over his body as his hands continued to travel up my my nearly bare chest. He smashed his lips back onto mine.

"Let's continue this in my room," he mumbled against my lips.

"Please,"

_____________

Author's note:

Zalum has ended.

:(((

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 53.4K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
3.8K 103 19
Luke Hemmings has been an outcast every since he came out. Ashton Irwin is the star soccer player who moonlights as Luke's bully and personal tormen...
1.2M 53.4K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 19.4K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...