Strings and Arrows

By superzaiaa

Never in my entire life have I ever thought that I would become a cupid. Ang hirap naman kasing paniwalaan 'd... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 48

33 3 0
By superzaiaa

"What happened again?" 'Yan agad ang bungad ni Sav sa 'kin the moment she entered the room.

"I don't know. It looks like I've been meeting a series of accidents the past few days. Minamalas yata ako."

"My Gosh. There's no such thing as malas. Baka mamaya niyan ay isang tao lang ang may pakana ng lahat ng 'to ah. Tell me, may sumusunod ba sa 'yo? May nangb-bully ba sa 'yo? May nakaaway ka ba? Tell me, Spirit."

"Sandali nga Sav. Ako 'yong nahihilo sa mga pinagsasasabi mo eh. Kalma ka nga. You're acting as if you're the one who's in danger here. I'm fine, alright? You don't have to worry and stress yourself." I assured her. Pa'no ba naman kasi, ang advance masiyado mag-isip.

"No. I can't take this anymore. I'm calling for some securities. Pahihigpitan ko ang pagbabantay nila sa paligid."

See? She's starting to sound like my mom! Mas malala pa nga siya actually.

"Sav, you don't have to do that. I'm okay now--"

"Stop giving me that excuse you little girl. Ano? Hihintayin pa ba nating hindi ko na tuluyan maging okay? Sadiyang sinuswerte ka lang ngayon at nakakaligtas ka pa sa mga insidenteng gaya nito."

I heaved out a deep sigh as a sign of defeat. Pag sa tingin niyo makulit ako, p'wes mas makulit si Sav.

"Anong sabi ni Mommy at Kuya?"

"They're flying back now here to the Philippines from Germany. She's really worried and your Brother was furious. He' sthinking the same cause as mine."

"My God. You two are both paranoid and over acting. This is nothing but a pure accident. Accidents do happen and we will never know when will it happen, and I am just a victim of that. Let's just pray na lang. That's the best that we could do."

"No. Me and your Kuya have already decided. Pumayag na rin si Tita. You'll be home-schooled, you'll have your own personal body guards and magdadagdag din kami ng additional security guards sa bahay niyo."

"What!? That's clearly bullshit. Ano 'to? Ikukulong niyo na 'ko sa bahay!? Are you depriving me to live a normal life?!"

"Spirit, everything that has happened to you right now aren't normal already. Nothing are. It's all shitty and messy. We just want what's best for you."

"Well, you think imprisoning me is the best thing to do? To hell with that! Kailan pa naging tama ang mali!?"

"If it'll cause goodness specially to you! That's it. Our decision is final. At 'wag mong susubukang isumbat sa 'kin na wala akong karapatang mag-desisyon sa buhay mo dahil hindi ako tatablan niyan. Mawalan na ng karapatan ang lahat, 'wag ka lang mawala. You get that? That's what your Kuya said kaya you should listen. Tatawagan ko lang sina Tita. You take some rest." She said and stormed out the room.

"Bullshit! Tangina lahat ng 'to! Nothing is normal in my life anymore. From meeting Cupid, being the Cupid up to now." I said out of fraustration.

"Are you regretting all of it now?"

Napataas agad ako ng tingin nang may biglang nagsalita.

I looked at the person who just asked me straight to his eyes.

"No. It's hard to regret something that actually made your life happier."

He flashed a smile. A weak one.

"Good 'cause I don't also." He said and then suddenly the time stopped.

A-Anong nangyayari?

"I want to tell you something but promise me you'll listen, don't interrupt me. I only have one hour left."

"A-Are you l-leaving me?"

"Please. I just said no interruptions." He said while chuckling.

Bakit parang kinakabahan ako?

"Spirit, this is a hard choice but I know it will be worth it. 'Cause you'll always be worth it. I want you to know that I can't live my life regretting. I have loved you since the moment you were born on your first life. I had twisted and bended the rules because I was selfish. My love for you was selfish that I ended uo harming you. Those accidents? They were actually meant to happen to you. You are suppose to die because of me. I failed as a Cupid. The reason why you kept on living because I kept on saving you even though it's strongly prohibited. What can I do? I promised that I shall guard your heart to the extent of my life. No one will ever harm you as long as I'm here. Even if it means going against the Great God Zeus. I'll always protect you. Now, your journey has reached its end and now I shall I grant you your reward."

He slowly cupped my cheeks and then suddenly a wave of memories came rushing fast.

"Promise me we'll always be together."

"You'll be my wife. I'll be your husband."

"I'll fight for you."

"No one can take you away from me."

"No! Psyche no! Don't!"

"Don't leave! My love!"

"Don't take her away from me! Please!"

W-What is this? I-I'm Psyche?

Napahawak ako sa ulo ko nang bigla akong nakaramdam ng kirot habang naguunahan ang mga ala-ala sa pagragsa sa isip ko.

"C-Cupid. My Husband." I said while crying.

Ako si Psyche. Ako 'yong kinukwento niya. Ako 'yong sinasabi niyang ipinagkait sa kaniya. Naaalala ko na. After we were married, his Parents came. Kasama si Zeus and I think that's when they took me.

Ako 'yong parusa sa kaniya. I am his wife. I can remember now. The Elysian Fields. The Golden Gazebo. The Ambrosia. Aphrodite. Artemis. Zeus. Clotho. Gray. Cupid.

At si Matt. Si Matthias. Ang Anghel na nagbabantay sa mga lumalabag.

"Y-You finally remembered?"

"Yes. Yes I can remember you now. Is this my gift?"

"Yes. But it's sad that I can't stay long. Zeus had given me to choose whether you come back to me and I go or You'll continue living without your memories and I stay."

Nakaramdam agad ako ng kaba sa sinabi niya.

He smiled sadly.

"Of course I chose you. Even if it means I have to go."

"A-Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"I can't have both Psyche. It's either my life or yours. And I have been selfish all my life. I can't be selfish right now so I chose yours. Now that you already have your memory of me, I'm okay now to leave this world already. You continue living your life beautifully. Your life that I have deprived from you because of my selfishness. You already know who you really are now and I'm happy. That's what matter right? You'll leave happily."

"N-No. How can you say you're not being selfish right now!? Naisip mo ba ang mararamdaman ko kung iiwan mo 'ko!? Inisip mo ba kung masasaktan ang mga maiiwan mo!? Kakaalala ko lang, mawawala ka na agad?! Bakit!? Dapat mas pinili mo na lang 'yong mabuhay ka at hayaan akong walang ala-ala. We can make new memories together!"

"Hindi gano'n kadali 'yon Psyche--"

"Don't call me that! Kung ang kapalit lang naman ng pagiging Psyche ko ay ang pagkawala mo, P'wes hindi ko na 'yan tatanggapin!"

Ayaw ko na. Parang awa niyo na, hayaan niyo lang kaming maging masaya.

"Them are you saying that my sacrifice was useless?" He said weakly with a smile.

"N-No. Ang ibig ko lang sabihin ay 'wag mo 'kong iwan. Cupid naman. Love never abandons."

"Love isn't all about staying, my love. It's all about thinking what's good for the both of you. Mas hindi ko kakayaning mabuhay and witness you die and live a new and different life again dahil tapos na ako diyan. Masakit! Mas masakit!"

"See? You're being selfish. Ayaw mong nasasaktan ka."

"No. Mas ayaw kong nasasaktan ka dahil mas nasasaktan ako. You are not suppose to die because you are a Goddess. Kaya hindi na baleng ako ang masaktan. I'd rather bare the pain alone than see you hurting. You get it?"

Tinakpan ko ang dalawa kong tenga at mariin na pinikit ang aking mga mata habang patuloy pa rin ang pagpatak ng luha ko.

"No. Ayaw kong makinig."

"You continue living your life, my dear Wife. I promise I'll be back. Please wait for me. I'll look for you. I'll come back to you. I may not have the same memory as you but I know my heart will only beat for the same person and that is you. Love will always find a way and I know I'll find my way back to you."

Panay ang iling ko sa kaniya habang nagmamakaawang 'wag siyang umalis.

"No. The moment I'll leave here, lahat ng mga ala-ala ko sa mga taong nakilala ako bilang si Erozeal ay mawawala. I'll be completely removed from their memories except from you at 'yan ang panghawakan mo. You'll remember me and my heart will also remember you."

Mas lalo akong humagolhol sa sinabi niya. Tangina naman! Bakit kailangang maging ganito pa!?

"No. Please 'wag. Hindi ko na ba talaga mababago ang isip mo?"

He flashed a weak smile.

"It's already time. I have to go now."

Before I could stop him, he suddenly vanished into thin air at bumalik na ang oras sa dati.

Noo! Zeal! No! Alam kong naririnig mo 'ko! Please makinig ka sa 'kin. Bumalik ka na. Please!

Cupid. Mahal ko, hindi ko kaya! Bumalik ka na.

Mas lalong lumakas ang iyak ko kaya bigla na lang pumasok si Sav habang hawak ang phone niya.

"Why are you crying!?"

"W-Wala na siya."

"Sinong wala na!? Hey spirit!"

"Wala na si Zeal."

"Sinong Zeal!? Fictional Character na naman 'yan no? O di kaya character sa movie na pinapanood mo? Naku. 'Wag ka na umiyak. Hindi totoo 'yon. Stop stressing yourself Spirit."

Mas lalo akong nanlumo sa sinagot ni Sav.

Wala na nga talaga siya. Hindi na siya babalik. Hindi ko na siya makikita. Wala na ngang nakakakilala sa kaniya. Iniwan niya na 'ko.

Masakit. Sobrang sakit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5K 61
Because of what happened years ago, Ayesha Rakki wanted to return to the Philippines for a revenge. But she must be a doctor in order to do so while...
5.1K 865 59
A girl who'd rather spend her time playing a mobile game called 'Mobile Legends' instead of reading love stories And a Boy who'd rather spend his tim...
10.5M 480K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #03 ◢ Alpha Omega - refers to the twelve demigods destined for the upcoming rebellion. The world has changed. Time has stopped an...
4.1K 224 35
Rhexyl is a woman that is deceitful and manipulative. She's the woman you shouldn't fool with because she'll make you lifeless if you touch her. Beca...