Treat Me Like a Game, and Ill...

By xX_kara_Xx

The athlete superstar, Luke Rivers, gets girls right and left because of his looks and charm. But, he's an as... More

Treat Me Like a Game, and Ill Show You How Its Played
Chapter 1: Meet Luke
Chapter 2: Shoot Me Now
Chapter 3: No...
Chapter 4: Rejected. But That's Your Fault
Chapter 5: Meet Riley...
Chapter 6: I Don't Like Him...
Chapter 7: Meeting on 2 Fronts
Chapter 8: Bright Lights
Chapter 9: Open Your Eyes!
Chapter 10: Visiting Hours
Chapter 11: Long Distance Friend
Chapter 12: Jade's Way to get Him Jealous
Chapter 13: Are You Joking?
Chapter 14: Cherry on the Top
Chapter 15: I Could Feel It
Chapter 16: Silent and Not Awake
Chapter 17: Electricity
Chapter 18: Stupidity and Drunk Teens Will be the Death of Me
Chapter 19: Not So Pleasent Surprise
Chapter 20: I Have Something To Show You
Chapter 21: Living in the Moment
Chapter 22: Let the Bluntness Begin
NEW BOOK!!!

Epilouge: In a Heavenly State of Mind

5.3K 115 41
By xX_kara_Xx

I'm in Luke's car, the music turned low so it plays as a sort of background music for our drive to the unknown. When he asked me out tonight, I thought we would go to a simple movie or go to the beach not because I would've wanted this to go quickly, but because it was on such short notice that I didn't expect that we would be trapped in a car for more than forty-five minutes.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask, looking out the side window.

"For the tenth time, I'm not telling you. But, we are almost there." Luke replies with a slight laugh in his voice and I want to glare at him for finding my impatience, amusing.

"Can you at least share how you thought of this?"

"Nope." He shakes his head, looking over at me. His blue eyes seem to be unfocused as they stare at mine- their color a light navy under the night sky and a shine reflecting the stars above. Emotions are swimming inside of them and I have yet to figure out just one of them. I want to uncover all the emotions tonight.

This very night is going to be the day that I unravel that one feeling that has been there for so long. It's a mist that always overcomes the mixtures of blues and greens and blends in with them- making it hard to unmask.

Amazing how one look could unleash so many nerves and feelings inside my stomach and how one look, one smile, one motion, could cloud my thoughts that intrude my brain. How it is so easy to get lost in his eyes or stare at his smile and be amazed at how they both could brighten my mood. To want to remember and play back his voice and how it's the best sound at night- a tone that helps you fall asleep peacefully.

I'm the first to snap out of the trance and I show this by saying, "Luke, eyes on the rode."

"Right. Sorry..." He mutters, clearing his throat. Even if nobody was around and no cars or headlights brightened up the night, I had to say it. I smile at his side and turn forward, watching the empty fields and hills pass by. The moon shines brightly down on us and our car, always by our side- like a tour guide showing us the way.

It's shown us the right way so far, let's just hope we don't get distracted and wander off in another direction like last time. That Luke and I don't start to think that it's showing us two different paths and decide to try them both- me going one way, Luke heading the other- where we get lost and can't find our way back.

But, we've found our way back. And that's what matters.

Actually, Luke found me. I was just to dumb to realize that until a few weeks ago. If he hadn't, I'd still be wondering what had gone wrong at the time and trying to cut him out of my life.

However, you can't cut someone out of your life- you can only live in denial. You can't tear them out of memories like they were never there, and you could never pull a plug in your brain that deletes them in your mind and what they've might've meant to you in the past.

Because the past is set in stone. You can't change it. You can't rewrite it.

You and can only write your future. And right now, mine is filled with Luke and me. My future looks bright and heavenly. Looks peaceful and enjoyable. 

It looks promising.  

And unlike last time- I could actually be sure of it.

I was snapped out of my daze when I heard Luke mutter, "One" As soon as we turned on a dirt path and pass a small hill. "One and a-half" He whispers when we pass a big field and again, mutters, "Two." When we pass another hill, one bigger than the last one.

"Okay, you can count. I'll send an appreciation letter to our kindergarten teacher." I laugh, turning to him with a smile, "Why are you counting?"

"Shh." He shushes, "I'm gonna lose count, and then I'd have to drive back and start over again." He resumes counting after he says that and I stare at him, amused. When he finally hits eleven, he smiles in victory, "Finally..." He breaths out a sigh of relief. Then, he pulls off the path and on to the fresh, green grass that glistens under the moons light.

I look out the window, only to see a huge hill, fields and fields of grass beside it. I stare questionably outside the windshield as I look out the glass, wondering why we are here. I hear Luke exit the car and I'm about to push open my door when Luke quickly opens the drivers side door that he had just seconds ago, closed, and shouts an urgent and rushed, "Stop!", his eyes going wide almost desperately.

"What?" I ask, incredulous by his command.

"Stay. Stay in the car and don't move." He says, smiling before shutting his door, again, and rushing to my side of the car. He pulls open my door, nodding his head.

I laugh, "Now can I get out?"

"Don't be a smart-ass..." He smirks, rolling his eyes. I'm amused at myself that I used to find that smirk incredibly annoying. Now, it puts a smile on my face and relaxes my nerves because I know he's only joking.

He offers me his hand and my cheeks heat up when I take it. His fingers slowly close around mine and he pulls me out of the car, closing my door before turning us around. I take in the sight around us, seeing nothing but fields and trees full of leaves that are highlighted or shadowed depending on where they are positioned.

It's plain. It is almost nothing.

But yet, it's absolutely,

Beautiful. I couldn't of asks for any other location.

How he found this, I don't know. But it feels as if we are walking right under the stars. Like if I were to reach up and extend my arm to its full position, stretching my fingers, I'd be able to touch one. Maybe three. Maybe ten. I'd be able to grab all the stars in the sky and be awed, putting them in the sky in front of my eyes.

Maybe then, I'd find something as beautiful as Luke's eyes.

"So,..." I start, "where exactly are we heading?" I turn to him, flashing a small smile.

"Up that hill." Luke points and I stare ahead.

My eyes meet a gigantic hill, probably taller than twenty feet tall, "Holy... shit." I mutter in fascination. The question on how could a hill be this gigantic, runs through my mind but it's not the only question.

How am I gonna walk up this... much less, survive.

We begin the walk, step by step, our hands brushing against each other as we swing our arms. My head is concentrating on not falling and tumbling all the way back down to the bottom and it's then when Luke's fingers slowly enclose around mine, shooting sparks through my fingers and up my arms.

It's magical. It's as if everything resumes to normal with his hand. Everything is easier.

Half way up the hill is when I hear water. Small clashes are heard as the noise dances through the night air towards us. A relaxed smile crosses my face and I quicken my steps to reach the noise faster.

"So, now could you tell me how you found this place?" I question, turning to Luke as we continue walking. We change direction a little and the water becomes clearer.

"Remember that cousin who was trying to think of a date for a girl he liked? The one I told you about?" He asks slowly, a faint red creeping up his neck to his cheeks as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Ye-" I start but am interrupted.

"He's fake. I made him up." He turns to me then turns away.

"Sorry?" I raise an eye-brow.

"It was just a way to find out a date you might like. But when I was driving a few months ago, I took a wrong turn, my tires got stuck in mud, and I had to call Noah." He retells.

"So when you called him, you got out of the car and just started walking around?" I finished, understanding the story. He nods at my assumption.

I pause, realization dawning on me, "You made up a fake cousin to see what I'd like?"

He blushes even more, "Sadly... yes. But I wanted an original date so I changed it a little to this setting. Because, an original girl should have an original first date." He rambles.

I turn my body completely towards his, and wait until he does the same, all these emotions swimming in his eyes that are impossible to define all at once. I smile softly, "Thank you."

"No problem." He whispers. His eyes flicker down to my lips and he begins to lean down, slowly, and I have to resist the urge to lean forward, too, resulting in me turning away, a blush overtaking my face. Not yet. I'm not ready. I may ruin everything.

He's kissed so many people, and I've kissed no one.

"Okay..." Luke coughs out, turning away, "First up, the lake."

***

The lake. It reflects the moonlight and stars from above, lights dancing across the surface like stage lights at a party. Like a spotlight. Its unbelievably clean like no one has ever used it before- the water keeping secrets to other peoples memories. A lock and key.

Its ruined when I realize I don't have a bathing suit.

"Um... Luke?" I start, "How am I supposed to go in the water?"

He smirks, a bit of the past Luke shining through as he slides off his shirt- six pack coming into view. Turning to me, he hesitates, the smirk slipping away.

"Want my shirt?" He offers, a side smile pulling at his lips. He hands me the shirt slowly before slipping down his pants, boxer coming into view.

"Shit!" I shout, turning away and shielding my eyes.

"Sorry. Do you want me to put them back on?" He asks, embarrassment sweeping into his voice, "I didn't want to get anything wet because then we'd be uncomfortable."

"No, it's fine." I blush, "You're right." Still turned away from him, I slip off my dress, pulling it down to my feet and kicking it off. My black bra and underwear shine under the night sky and I hear Luke's intake of breathe.

Trying to calm my nerves, I mimic his words, "Sorry. Do you want me to put it back on? I didn't want to get anything wet..." I turn around, facing him and throw his shirt to where he put his pile of clothes. His face pales at the sight that I'm showing off, a faint six pack of my own- not bold like his, but... still- and my undergarments. I must say, I'm embarrassed but seeing him flustered takes away my nerves.

I feel good.

"Luke?" I wave a hand.

"Huh? Wha- sorry?" He stutters.

"Quit staring." I playfully command.

"Sorry. You're just- just..." He draws out.

"Just what?" I ask him, taking a step forward.

"Just... so beautiful." He breaths out and I blush, feeling embarrassed again. "More beautiful then anything else in the world."

We stare at each other, each taking in the appearance of the other. I resist the urge to cross my arms protectively over my chest.

"C'mon, lets go to the water." He runs to me and sweeps my up in his arms, his laughter piercing through the night and I join in, laughing and screaming as he sprints and splashes into the water. His steps become slowly as he go deeper into the water and I have to bite back a scream from the temperature.

"Luke! put me down!" I shout when we're in deep water, the cold water up to my ankles.

"Put you down?" He smirks down at me, and I realize what's about to happen.

"Luke... no- don't." I stutter, my eyes-widening.

"But, you just said-" He acts out, faking a confused expression.

"Luke-"

"Sorry, but your wish is my command." He smirks before letting me drop from his arms, my body dipping under the surface. I feel my butt hit the bottom of the still-not-deep lake and pull my feet under my body, springing myself up just enough to grab Luke's hand and pull him under with me. I resurface for a moment to gasp for air before dipping back under.

I swing my leg over Luke's shoulders so I sit on both his shoulders and he pushing himself up from under the water, having myself rise farther into the air. I steady myself, putting my hands on his head lightly to keep balance.

"Jesus, girl. You're heavy." He laughs, stepping around in the water, trying to keep me from falling off his muscled shoulders.

"Shut up." I mutter.

"Just kidding," He brings his hands back behind his head to grab my waist, tossing me in the air enough to step back and catch me in his arms infront of himself, my face still shocked from what he just did, "You're beautiful." He leans down quickly and kisses my forehead.

"Charming..." I laugh.

"You know what I always wanted to do?" He asks slowly, gently putting me down on my feet, my toes seeping into the sand below.

"What?" I ask, turning to face him, water droplets dripping off my chin and my hair slicked back from the lake water.

"Dance with you." He responds, a side smile pulling at his lips, "It's even better that it's in the water."

"Dancing in the water is hard..." I smirk.

"Challenge accepted," He grabs a hold of my hands and pulls them so they lay around his neck. He slowly lays his hands on my waist, as if scared he's going to far. I play with the hair at the back of his neck and he takes it as a sign that I'm comfortable with the situation because he wraps his arms fully around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Having no music makes it better almost. We don't have anything in our way. No lyrics to ruin the moment.

Its more peaceful. More relaxing. More beautiful than the average dance.

But it doesn't fail to still cause a million hyper butterflies in my stomach.

I lay my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat start to rise and smile because I know that we're feeling the same thing.

I love that I make his heart race.

He pulls me impossibly closer and I'm not even self-conscious anymore.

***

Our clothes are on and my hair is tied up in a messy-bun to get it out of the way. The stars seem even brighter and the full moon is uncovered from clouds.

"Where to next?" I ask.

"Up to the top of the hill." He grabs my hand and begins pulling me behind him, my feet practically tripping over each other. I let out a gasp when I feel him yank me up to my feet and continue running. We're close- just another quarter of the way because the lake was three-quarters away from the tippy top.

It's a good thing no one is around. We're both out of breath from running the whole distance and laughing the whole way up.

I see a candles and almost awe at him. Candles of three are lied out all around and I carefully step around them.

"Is this to cheesy?" He asks.

"It's perfect." I smile, sitting down and looking up at him.

"Are you sure? Because I could just put the candles away or something."

"Luke," I reach for his hand, pulling him down beside me, "It's perfect."  

He's silent for a minute, "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you." He whispers and I'm upset that he thinks that he has to keep apologizing when I've already forgiven him.

"Luke-"

"I don't deserve you." He says, and his face looks pained- like it hurts him to say this. It hurts me to have him say this because he is everything to me. Everything and he'd probably never understand.

"You hold the light in your eyes and your smile- your smile could light up the darkest room and I missed years of smiles and laughs. Years of looking at your eyes. I caused that smile to turn into a frown and I caused your eyes to gloss over with tears. I'm sorry, Claire." He whispers and turns to face me.

A fire is lighting up in my heart, burning brighter than anytime before this moment.

"I'll do anything to make up the times I've lost when I wasn't with you. I'd do anything to make you smile brighter than anytime before and to have your voice play in my ear. I want to memorize your voice so when I look back at the time I've hurt you and I beat myself up for it- I could hear your voice saying, it's okay, even if I know it isn't. To have your voice calm me down." He looks dazed, off in his own world, "I don't want you to leave me like I left you." 

"I won't leave you. You won't have to play my voice in your head because I'll always be by your side."

"Promise?" He looks hopeful.

"Promise." I respond quietly, as if my voice will ruin the moment, "You've fought for me from the day you stepped up to my locker and pulled me away from Jealous Lilian," I smile when he laughs, "You didn't have to fight when I was fighting against you. But you did."

"Because you were worth it." He says, smiling lightly.

"You rewrote the future just by not giving up." I add.  

"I fixed the record that kept replaying my cowardice of not talking to you and not fixing the mistakes I made." He responds, "And I've started a new page." He's quiet and I'm quiet, each of us soaking up the moment.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks, his voice soft.

"Um..." I mutter, looking down and playing with my fingers.

He scoots closer to me and lifts up my chin, my eyes being forced to look at his own, "I've always wanted to kiss you. From the first day I met you, I've wanted to experience the bliss it might cause me."

I'm quiet before I say, "I don't want to ruin anything."

"What could it possibly ruin?" He pushes a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "We're brighter than ever before. I wanna be the one that holds you when your scared. When your cold. When you need comfort. Nothing could ever change that."

"I'm scared that I'd be a disappointment and you'd run off. That I'd ruin something perfect." I admit, feeling like I could just crawl into a hole to hide from him. I'm embarrassed that I've admitted it.

"Because it's your first kiss?"

"No. Because you've kissed so many other girls and I'm afraid that I won't be as good as them." I avoid his eyes now.

"Claire look at me," He whispers, "If anything, it's them that's never met any of my standards,"

"But if they haven't, how do you expect me to?" I frown.

"Because you were always the standard I had up. None of them were as good as you. None of them made me feel the way you do- none of them made my heart race like the way you do when you smile and look in my eyes." He admits, smiling at me and I want to melt into his arms. To fall into him and never step away.

"I want to see what I've always missed." He finishes.

I look in his eyes, the big blue orbs swimming with emotions and my eyes flicker down to his lips. I look back up and he waits for me to give him permission.

But he doesn't get it.

Because I lean towards him and connect my lips with his. Almost to quickly, I pull away, conscious of my movements.

"Oh no, you're not getting away that easy." He smiles and pulls me to him, the force knocking him onto his back, myself lied out on top of him. He flips us over so my back is on the grass and he's on top of me. He leans down and connects our lips for a second time, his mouth moving slowly and heavenly against mine.

Hesitantly, I kiss him back, my lips moving against his and I bring my hands to the back of his neck, playing with the hair there before trailing my fingers lightly down his neck to his shoulder, my fingers brushing across the skin of the front of his neck before bringing them to run down his arms. He makes a noise at the back of his throat before flipping us over again, his body under mine.

I need to make him feel good, because he makes me feel good.

His hands rest on my hips, rubbing circles there before rubbing his hands up my arms before knotting his fingers in my hair. His lips move more quickly against mine before pulling away to catch his breathe before smashing his lips on to mine again.

I'm letting go of all the fears and embarrassment for now.

I carefully move my hips against his, slowly, wondering if this is okay and his hands drop to my hips, his fingers grabbing the fabric of my summer dress, pulling my body tighter to him so my hips move harder against his.

His lips taste sweet against mine, all the emotions slipping into me and my emotions slipping into him.

Need. I pull away to catch my breathe before he draws me back. His lips go down to my neck, trailing up and down slowly before kissing my shoulder. I bite back a moan from the fast-paced emotions running inside me. He brings his lips back to mine.

Adornment.

His fingers tangle back into my hair as my fingers knot themselves in his, running my fingers through the short, brown strands.

Love.

His lips move slower against mine and I keep pace with him, savoring everything, before we both pull away, completely out of breathe. He smiles up at me, his eyes bright with happiness.

"Are you sure you've never kissed anyone?" He askes me.

"I'm sure." I smile back at him, my body still on top of his.

"I think I have to change my idea of how it feels to kiss you then. I feel like I'm looking into a different world right now, wow- just-"

"Shut up." I say playfully.

"Wow." He adds, teasing me. He pulls me back down to kiss me quickly again, "Just can't get enough."

I smile brightly at him, and I lean down to kiss him, longer than he did for me, "Just can't get enough." I whisper against his lips, my mouth brushing against his as I speak and quickly kiss him once more. I lay my head down on his chest, his heart beat beating furiously against my ear. His fingers play with my hair and we both breathe heavily still.

"Is it appropriate to say that in such a short amount of time, I have officially fallen in love with you?" Luke says, his voice being carried through the night.

"Yes," I respond, "because if you hadn't, I'd be extremly disappointed that our love had turned one-sided." I smile up at him, our eyes connected when he looks down at me.

"The only thing one sided is my heart, because you have seemed to claim the other side." He smiles.

He lays his head back down before I climb back up on him, my face leveled with his. I kiss him, my lips moving lovingly with his as he kiss me back, "I love you, Luke Rivers."

He kisses me once more, "I love you, Claire Fisher."

The End.

__________________________

To everyone still reading this, I am so terribly sorry for not updating for more than two months. To be honest, I just didn't want to continue this story anymore and felt as if it was finished. I know some business is still unfinished and that Luke and Claire just shared there first kiss ( xD ) and I'm sorry for that. Riley is completely out of the picture.... forever.... if you wanted to know and Noah and Jade are still and probably will always be together. As well as Claire and Luke. Both pairs of couples have went through so much and I feel as if that those situations bring people closer than anything else could ever do.

Farewell everyone and I hope you all enjoyed the journey of hate, love, and forgiveness between these two strong characters.

<3 Kara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
329K 9.9K 53
I was pinned to my bed. He left me no option but to stay in place. I tried to control my reactions, but couldn't help but sigh as Matt nipped my earl...
4.1K 92 10
Aaron Jaxter is a player. He always gets the girl, but he never keeps her. Jess Harden is a daredevil. She's stubborn, sarcastic, and doesn't care ab...
182K 6.5K 54
"So what's your name?" He asks Oh so now he wants to play the game of twenty questions. Interesting! "Do you think I should tell you?" I ask "Answer...