Hold My Love

By PersadiaAmore

COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind tha... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: The drug for his heart
Chapter 2: Hope for Tomorrow
Chapter 3:When it all began
Chapter 4: Puppy Love
Chapter 5: Those Stormy Grey Eyes
Chapter 6: Have Mercy
Chapter 7: One of a Kind
Chapter 8: Our thing
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter 11: Oh Brother
Chapter 12: That type of Crying
Chapter 13: Teenage Drama
Chapter 14: A Liar with a Ring
Chapter 15: Goodbyes
Chapter 16: Mother Dear
Chapter 17: An abortion David
Chapter 18: An Honor
Chapter 19: Scotch and Cuban Cigars
Chapter 20: His Angel
Chapter 21: Ashley's, Becky's and Stacy's
Chapter 22: C4 Ripped tastes like DoDo
Chapter 23: Follow me Baby
Chapter 24: Alessandro
Chapter 25: Their World
Chapter 26: Does Love Beat All?
Chapter 27: He let her go
Chapter 28: Somebody's Wife
Chapter 29: Dirty Dancing
Chapter 30: The Boss
Chapter 31: 'us'
Chapter 32: Thanksgiving
Chapter 33: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 34: Flying to the Moon
Chapter 35: His Family
Chapter 36: How the Rich Indulge
Chapter 37: American Men
Chapter 38: A Child, Andy
Chapter 39: A Dress fit for a Princess
Chapter 40: Sophia and Giovanni
Chapter 41: Crackheads
Chapter 42: Caught
Chapter 43: Jailbreak
Chapter 44: A bunch of Prudes
Chapter 45: Big Head's Cousin
Chapter 46: Lukewarm
Chapter 47: BABIES??
Chapter 48: Secrets
Chapter 49: A threat?
Chapter 50: The Jefferson's
Chapter 51: Gone too Soon
Chapter 52: Corporal Punishment
Chapter 53: New Normal
Chapter 54: 12/20/20
Chapter 55: Two Winners
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Adoption
Chapter 58: A Jealous Man
Chapter 59: Amen's and Friends that kiss
Chapter 60: On the Run
Chapter 61:Now
Chapter 62: Maria
Chapter 63: Luca Grey Anastasi
Chapter 64: Revenge
Chapter 65: Divorce
Chapter 66: Birthday Boy
Chapter 67: Miscarriage
Chapter 68: Kidnapped
Chapter 69: Our Babies
Chapter 70: Safe House Shenanigans
Chapter 71: Progress
Chapter 72: A broken-hearted fool
Chapter 73: Redemption
To Fight For Aisha
With Love: The Motherland

Chapter 9: Finding Me

4.9K 245 62
By PersadiaAmore

Giovanni and I don't speak on the way to my house. I unlock the door and invite him in for a glass of water because I can see him sweating in this July heat.

"Gio would you continue to pursue me even if your parents were like Lace's?"

He swallows a sip, "I would love you even if this world was trying to convince me to hate you".

He presses a kiss to the corner of my mouth just as I turn my head and our lips meet. He pulls back shocked then gives my lips another kiss. I open my mouth giving him more access and he slips his tongue inside me dominating the action.

I pull away, "We need to stop".

He nods, kisses my forehead and leaves.

***

I'm to angry and horny to fall asleep. It was now three am and I haven't even changed out of my dress and shoes. I find myself calling Giovanni.

"Where are you?"

"Sophia? Are you alright?"

"Um yeah but I...Where are you?"

"I'm at the Plaza".

"OK".

I hang up the phone, call a Uber and head down to the Plaza hotel.

"Hi I'm here for Giovanni Genovese".

I wait as she calls Gio's room then she nods giving me his room number.

Gio opens the door dressed in black boxers his hair messy and those stormy grey eyes held a fire I hadn't seen before.

"Sophia Ubers are not safe, I could have came to you or sent someone to come get you-"

I kiss him-no I attack his mouth. I didn't come here for him to lecture me on safety I came here because he left me crazy after the kiss. And because I was scared... that he left to get what I didn't give him from another girl.

He deepens the kiss as I wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me to the bed. With both legs on either side of me he carefully lifts my body up and zips down my dress.

I cringe, "What are you doing Gio, you don't have to remove my dress, I was just gonna take out my underwear."

He removes his eyes from my breast and up to my eyes scanning them back and forth, searching for something. Beginning to feel uncomfortable, I flick my eyes away from his.

He shakes his head, "I want to unwrap the whole present sweet stuff".

Seconds later my dress was laying on the floor and he now had a full view of my body as the moon shines on me with all its might. I close my eyes tightly, my face growing hot with embarrassment.

"Gio", I whisper.

He clicks his tongue, "My goodness gracious Sophia."

One tear slips. "Gio", this time I was louder.

His hands roam my body like a traveler would the Earth. I can feel the tingles his fingers leave as he grazes my stretchmarks.

Now the tears were falling like hail. "Gio!"

He stops and looks at me, his fingers that were on my rib cage slowly move down as his dark eyes continue to scan mine. Then they stop and his fingers rest on the stretchmarks. He found what he was looking for.

I put both my hands on his chest and push him all the way off me. With blurry vision, I get on my knees searching for my dress. Behind me Gio has gotten of the bed as well and has turned on the light.

I scowl, "Turn of the lights".

He chuckles lightly, "And how exactly are you supposed to find your dress amore?"

I cover myself as best as I can and shake my head violently, "I said turn them off Giovanni". My voice was quiet because I still felt humiliated but it was strong.

He squats down and lifts my face, "Aye(a-yee), Sofia what is it?"

I shake my head, "I need to go Giovanni, I shouldn't have came here tonight."

He sighs and sets a kiss on my nose then hands me my dress. "I know I'm not yours and your not mine yet but for what It's worth, I think your the most beautiful women I've ever met Sophia."

I slip my dress on finally being able to comfortably breath, "You don't have to say that, or anything at all. I'm sorry."

He grabs my hand as I turn to leave, "Sorry for what darling?"

I yank my hand back and ball up my fists, "Sorry for coming here, sorry for all of that, sorry for not being the girl you want!".

He raises an eyebrow, "And what exactly is the girl that I want? Huh Sophia"

Heat rushes to my face, "A girl who isn't as dark as me! A girl who can easily have sex with a guy and is experienced! A girl who doesn't have stretch marks on her body!" I put a hand to my heart surprised at my outburst and to slow my heavy breathing.

Gio slowly walks up to me and takes my balled up fist in his hand. Slowly he unravels my fingers, placing a kiss on each fingertip. When he finishes he brings his hand to his chest where I can feel the rhythm of his heart beating.

"Oh Sophia, Sophia." He pauses and strokes my cheek, "Your wrong, I want a girl who treasures herself and has high standards because she knows how great she's worth. I want a girl with stretch marks on her body, a freckle on the right side of her face and heck! sometimes she even has pimples. I want a girl that reminds me of an exotic flower-"

I roll my eyes, "Describing a black women as an exotic flower is not a compliment, It's as if my blackness does not reach the 'normal' standard of beauty."

Gio shakes his head a small smile resting on his lips, "Even if you were white I would want you, or disabled and maybe had no front teeth."

The smile on his lips grows as he see's the corners of my mouth lift, "Mi amore, I'm talking about your personality, your laugh....your heart." He pulls me close to his chest my ears right on his heartbeat.

He breathes in deeply, "Sophia, Sophia. Veramente(truly), what materials did God make you with?"

I wrap my arms around his neck and he gracefully lifts me off the ground. We get in bed together and he pulls me close to him. With his heartbeat creating a melody to drift me off to sleep, I imagine how I could stay like this forever.

***

I wake up to the smell of syrup and sausages. Laying next to me was a shirtless Giovanni who was playing with my hair. I roll over to look at the clock, 9:45am.

I turn back to him in confusion, "Shouldn't you be at work? You could have left, I know my way back home".

He kisses my forehead and gets up to get a plate of breakfast from room service. "Work can wait and what man would leave a lady in a hotel room especially knowing she was upset? Here, you need to eat mamas"

I take the plate and bite into a sausage. "Oh come on, you mean to tell me you haven't left a girl in a hotel room before? Not even a stripper or prostitute?"

He shakes his head, "My mother raised me with class and the aspects of a gentleman. I have never slept with a stripper nor sex worker and if I did, a woman is a women. She deserves the same respect I give my mother and sister."

I smile, kiss his cheek and brush his dark hair back from his face so I can look into those ice grey eyes that only melt for me, "I know you'll make an amazing father someday".

He smiles back and kisses the back of my hand, "And you a mother bella".

I look away from his eyes and sigh, "Look Gio, Just two months ago-before you came into my life I was glowing, I wasn't stressed about anything, and I was confident. I never would have agreed to go that far last night or questioned my beauty or worth. I'm most definitely not putting the blame on you, I'd be foolish to do so. All I'm saying is that I need a break, from us so I can find me again."

He nods his head slowly, "And then what? What happens after you find 'me'?"

I smile with hope on my lips, "Then we take it slow and find 'us'. By not rushing anything but moving to the rhythm of our own beat."

He smiles too, a sad but hopeful smile, "OK...I'll be sure to send prayers to heaven asking God to help you find yourself fast because I'm useless without you."

I intertwine my fingers with his, "No baby, your not and for that I'll be sure to send my prayers to heaven and ask God to give you strength as you stand apart from me."

I let go reluctant and turn around so he can zip my dress up. I sit on the bed as he slips my high heels on my feet and straps them on for me. I pick up my bag and turn to leave, then stop.

As if we were two minds working as one he raises his palm to his lips, makes a fist then puts his fist where my heart beats and uncurls my fingers so his palm is flat on my chest.

At the same time I have raised my palm to my lips, made a fist and put it where his heart pounds and uncurl my fingers, my palm flat on his chest.

That was our goodbye.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Remember to Vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 543 60
Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time you try to fix the wrong? How do you rede...
4.7K 295 25
Warning: Mature audiences only. "I love you," he whispered seductively in my ears sending chills throughout my entire body. I was more than in love...
1.2M 27.9K 48
A Dark and ruthless love story. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - He looks deeply in my eyes and brushes h...
666K 40K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...