Looping, oh the fun! (Naruto)

By TETRACIDE

Naruto and Sasuke are looping, and they're bored. They've already destroyed Konoha 15 times, taken over the w... More

Prologue
Ch1 Changing the Timeline
Ch2 The Act
Ch3 Kakashi's Suspicion
Ch4 Graduation Exam
Ch5 Ibiki's Silence
Ch6 Omake--sort of?
Ch7 Memories
Ch8 Ibiki is very observant
Ch9 Thanks to Harry Potter
Ch10 Daughter of Evil
Ch11 Nakamura Tenzoi
Ch12 Hachiko
Ch13 'Yaoi'
Ch14 Servant of Evil
Ch15 Instruments Completed
Ch16 Anagram
Ch17 Regret Message
Ch18 The Emperor's New Clothes
Ch20 Letters
Ch21 Getting Ready
Ch22 A clue!
Ch23 A New Friend

Ch19 Rebirthday

3.9K 201 152
By TETRACIDE

Ever since Nakamura Tenzoi's first fairy tale had been published (and according to the rumors, he had refused to accept a single ryo gained from the sale, which greatly boosted his reputation), Konoha citizens no longer acted the same. They began reflecting on their behaviors, especially their actions towards a certain blond jinchuuriki, and changing the way they converse with others. People started to speak their mind and soon, they realized that they had learned many new things when trying to come to an agreement with another person due to their opposing views on certain topics.

Almost everyone who had read the story began treating Naruto better. They then made their child read the story and also changed their child's view on him. Soon, words got into the Hokage's ears. When Sarutobi heard that the one who caused the recent change in Konoha was the mysterious Nakamura Tenzoi, he simply chuckled. This man kept on bringing him surprises, making him even more desired to find the identity of this man.

People who had never heard of the name 'Nakamura Tenzoi' found interest in him after noticing the drift of change in the society. If Nakamura Tenzoi's name was spread across Konoha after the news of the hidden message got out, then his name was firmly ingrained in the citizens' mind after his first fairy tale was published.

Naruto had not expected this, at all.

He merely chose this fairy tale because it's his one of his favorite stories. Growing up with only one set of clothes available to him, Naruto had been jealous of this King who had wardrobes after wardrobes of clothes. He would always feel giddy when he came across the ending, where the King was forced to walk in front of everyone naked due to his stupidity. Thus, whenever Naruto was sad or angry, he would always read this story so he could feel good about himself. Who cared if the King had more clothes than he does? At least he doesn't have to walk around naked!

Seeing how people were treating him better, Naruto started to like fairy tales a bit, while he normally doesn't since they were 'children's stuff'.

Shortly, 'Snow White' and 'Beauty and The Beast' were also published. So many fangirls had turned crazy after reading about marrying handsome princes and pitiful girls' becoming princesses. They also learned just exactly why they shouldn't judge a book by its cover. If a 'beast' could actually be a prince under a spell, then it's possible that plain-looking boys would become handsome men!

And so...

Ino began glancing at Shikamaru with a strange glint in her eyes as the latter shivered...

Sakura began inviting Naruto to a 'team' date, as she so called it...

Tenten began staring at Lee...then shaking her head remorsefully...

And Seito began frowning at his assistant, an awkward young man... Like hell this clumsy idiot would become a womanizer.

...but we were getting a bit ahead into our game.

Back to the present...

Konoha was in an uproar; the reason was today's news.

Apparently, after the reveal of Higa Seito's outrageous decision yesterday, the name 'Nakamura Tenzoi' had spread all across Konoha; it also helped the Publisher earn buckets and buckets full of money. Many rival Publishers felt threatened, especially when almost every Konoha citizen had bought a copy of Konoha News and at the same time the other Publisher's sales had decreased greatly. Of course, the other Publishers in Konoha wouldn't just sit there and do nothing. And thus, they all came up with the same plan.

What could a Publisher do to make money other than publishing stories?

Increase their commissioning work of course! The more commissioning work sent to them, the higher the probability of their finding some good stories in them. And the more good stories they found, the more money they earned!

"Do you want money? Do you like actions? Join "Shinobi's House"'s adventure story writing contest and 1st place gets 1,000,000 ryou and the publication of their story!" -Local's Evening News

"Do you want to be the next Jiraiya-sensei? If so, then come join "HAEVEN"'s romance story writing contest! 1st place gets 1,000,000 ryou and the publication of their story!" -New Age's News

"Up for a challenge? "ICubed" has started a detective story writing contest! 1st place gets 1,000,000 ryou and the publication of their story!" -Morning News

...

...

The newspaper was filled with zeroes, blinding the readers. Even people who don't love literature was interested and had decided to join for a chance to earn money.

"I think we should join, Sasuke!" Naruto suggested excitedly while he was listing an order of the names of poems they would publish. "This can help us become even more popular! If we had won them all, people won't stop talking about us, and soon we'll gain millions of fans!"

"Exactly. That's why we shouldn't join them all."

"What!?"

"Look," Sasuke explained. "We would become famous if we won them all, true, but at the same time, people will become suspicious. Joining ALL of them and winning ALL?! People will think there may be something shady going on. So instead of us becoming famous, we will become infamous."

"But joining one wouldn't hurt right?" Naruto said, exclaiming when Sasuke agreed. "Alrighty! Let's see...so what genre should we choose...?"

"I suggest detective. It's the genre that's the easiest to grab the audience's attention. All we have to do is come up with a case and solution that is unexpected yet interesting. And the readers' discussion will help advertise our story."

"True. Neither a sappy love story nor dozens of fighting scenes can capture the public's attention as well as a good, unexpected case." Naruto nodded. "So what story should we use? Another is a good detective novel, making the readers guess who the 'Dead One' is. The discussion would run wild with all the theories and guesses readers would come up!"

"But it's more of a mystery mixed with horror than a detective... We need our story to be appropriate for all ages so we don't limit the readers."

"Death Note?"

"Again, not appropriate for children. Besides, there's no case for the readers to solve. They already know that Kira is Light."

"Then..."

"Why not this...!" Sasuke smirked and moved aside, letting Naruto view his monitor screen. It was the story he had been typing for the past few days. "I have confidence in this detective story. This will definitely gain us the number one seat in this contest without doubt."

For some reasons, Naruto flinched and his lips twitched when he saw the title.

"So you were preparing for these contests all along!" Naruto groaned. "Damn you Sasuke! You're always one step ahead of me!"

"Cuz I'm a genius."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"...are we really doing this again?"

"...you started it!"

In a different section of the village, a blond-haired girl was sitting in front of the table, eating her breakfast. Laying aside on the table was the Konoha News turned to the Literature section. Her parents were sitting next to her, also staring at the poem. Apparently, Ino had been able to convert her parents into Nakamura Tenzoi fans.

"Rebirthday, does that mean Len will come back to life?" Ino said excitedly, bouncing in her seat.

When I awoke in the dark
I found I was alone
Inside a room painted black;
Nothing else

"Is that what it's like after you died?" Ino wondered.

"Something like that," Inoichi grumbled.

Vision was blurring
As was my hearing
And there I just sat
Shivering within the cold

"Poor boy," Ino's mother took out a handkerchief, knowing she'd cry easily.

Up in the ceiling was
A very large hole
And when I looked closely
I found it was a spring

From up there
A sudden echo
An unknown voice;
Sending me into a nightmarish reality

"My oh my,
You sinful boy.
From now on you shall
Stay trapped within this room.

And no one will be here
To answer your begging pleas."

...

At that very moment
My memories came flooding back
A sudden wave of understand
Took over my body

I understood why I was here
The sins I committed in her place
And that I'll never return
To those once blissful days

Now, upon my wrists
Are heavy red chains
Surely this is the making
Of the blood that was spilled

"This is referring to the red mercenary right?"

And now, upon my ankles
Are painfully tight blue chains
Surely this is the making
Of the tears that were spilled

"And that's to the blue boy."

Lu Li La,
Lu Li La,
I hear someone sing
And it comforts me

I wonder who
Is singing me
Such a lovely song...

"Is that Rin's voice?"

The prisoner, am I
And I begin to ponder
Exactly how long
I have been locked away in here

The only reply that
I receive from the spring
Is that calming lullaby
That stranger sings to me

"It's Rin! It's not a stranger!"

"Ino...be quiet."

"Sorry, daddy."

But one day, suddenly
Understanding fills my body
The truth behind the words
Of the mystery song

And so I decide
To give a reply
By adding my own
Words to the simple song

From a crevice
Within the spring
A very small light
Came floating to me

This must be...
No, it has to be...
The message of regret
You sent to me

"You know, it'd be really interesting if Rin is singing 'Regret Message' to Len, and Len is singing 'Rebirthday' back."

"Ino..."

"...Sorry."

The spring begins
To rotate
And quietly
Begins to speak

"Your sins
Can never be
Forgiven in this life."
But...

Words of Water and
And the Words of Evil
We shall change those
Words into meaningful songs

The red chain disappears
And then begins to speak to me,
"You will soon be reborn,
Into another place, another time."

"The red mercenary had forgiven Len!"

The blue chain disappears
And then begins to speak to me,
"Today is your new Birthday
For the rest of eternity!"

"The blue boy had forgiven Len!"

And then my vision
Completely leaves me
And everything goes white...

I will be
Seeing you soon,
My dear sister...

-Evil series (Pride) The End-

When the last words entered Ino's mind, she only had one thing to say.

"Mom! Dad!" She began, "I want a brother!"

AN: Another and Death Note are both very good mystery animes. Definitely worth the time to watch. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you to do so when you have time. Another is bloodier and more gruesome than Death Note though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 14.8K 46
They lost. He lost them. He would never lose them again. . . After Madara killed him, Naruto finds himself back in the body of his younger self, rig...
92.6K 5.5K 31
What would you do if you wake up in the Naruto World with all your memories? 1. Be a ninja and join a village (meet the main characters!). 2. Rebel...
22K 794 22
The Fourth Shinobi War is getting worst and the world is completely destroyed. Naruto is the only one left after seal Kaguya again and defeated Madar...
1.5K 69 32
Summary: Naruto's friends are gone, his lover is dying, Konoha is destroyed, and Madara's second return has pushed the entire world to the brink. Hun...