Love Therapy (GxG)

By fuckingAwkward

When Kennedy's therapist is suddenly unavailable due to a car crash, the 20 year old woman has to start all o... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
Update
20
21
22

3

7.7K 286 317
By fuckingAwkward

^Kennedy

also, I may have written something about a "doctorate" or whatever the hell in one of the previous chapters, but I just forgot it's PhD in English sorry ha ;)

anyways I hope you enjoy this late chapter!

_____________________

My eyes are heavy. I'm starting to find this hard wooden chair comfy enough to sleep. That says something about the lecture, knowing that the seats are as soft and inviting as a rock.

The lecture is very boring.

When I'm finally about to doze off, I'm awoken from my almost nap by my phone.

The device buzzes in my pocket, and I unlock it, seing a new message from Kyle, that reads:

"The new lecturer is soooo hot"

He told me this Monday morning before we parted ways, that he would have a new lecturer, and I really didn't make anything of that. I just wished him to have a good morning when we parted ways, since we see each other everyday at lunch time.

Kyle studies psychology, meaning we don't have the same classes here in College. I'm already having a hard time figuring out my own problems, I can't even imagine studying to figure out other people's. But Kyle has been good at dealing with me, and I don't doubt that he'll make a great therapist.

And now, thinking of therapy, I can't help my mind from wandering around to a certain person that occupied most of my thoughts this weekend. I shake my head, as if it would dismiss my thoughts, and proceed to type in a quick message, too lazy to say something else:

"I thought u were gay"

He answers in a matter of seconds.

"I'm gay, not blind. Plus she has a PhD but she looks soo young. that's hot af. you'd totally drool over her."

I simply laugh at that, putting my phone away. I don't even bother telling him I'm not into women. What's the point, when he doesn't believe me? Saying all this shit about sexuality being a spectrum, and explaining to me that being in the closet is why I'm still alone and sad. Kyle tells me that I'm very pretty, naturally pretty, well according to him. I tend to not be able to agree with him when I see my reflection in the mirror every morning, but what do I know? I have brown curly hair, reddish in the sun, and caramel skin. The only physically interesting thing about me would be my hazel eyes, contrasting with my skin, and Kyle often says that I don't realize how good I look. I'm not being falsely modest, I just don't care a lot about my looks. I don't put any extra effort in the way I do my make up or even dress, and Kyle is responsible for every article of clothing that finds its way into my closet.

I look at my watch, checking the time. Only ten minutes before we meet for lunch. I don't have many friends in my classes. I study biology, and I never tried to have any friends in this lecture, or even acquaintances in general.

Some tried, of course, particularly a tall black guy, named Troy, who talked to me the very first day of class. He's nice, and handsome, I guess, but I can't help but thinking he wants to be more than friends. Anyways, I already have one friend, and it's more than enough.

The lecturer starts to put away his computer, dismissing the class. I just have time to get up before I hear a familiar deep voice, too close to my left ear for my comfort.

"Hey, Kennedy. Wanna grab some lunch?"

I don't even bother smiling, and stand up facing the tall guy, admiring against my will his perfect white teeth contrasting with his skin color.

His smile is contagious and I can't help smiling briefly. Then, I fake a sad pout and answer.

"Sorry, Troy.. I'm already having lunch with a friend."

He shrugs. "It's okay. I can join, if you want me?", he adds with hopeful eyes.

Oh god, why can't he take the clue?

I don't even bother answering him and rush out of the auditorium.

I'm already making my way to the psychology building, ignoring Troy, who is desperately walking next to me, trying to keep up, saying stuff that I couldn't care less about.

He is walking with me all the way up to Kyle's classroom, where I usually wait for him for us to go eat.

The door opens as a group of girls rush out, and I can catch a glimpse of the inside of the auditorium.

Almost all students are gone, except for Kyle and what I guess to be two other students, discussing animatedly near the lecturer's desk.

The only face I see is Kyle's and he seems to be enjoying the female company, as I see him smile during the two seconds the door is still open.

The door closes, and I wait. I suddenly remember the annoying presence of Troy by my side. He is watching something on his phone, looking serious and nervous?

Then the door opens again, and one of the two students who were laughing with Kyle leaves the room, smiling at me in the process.

I don't even know her, why is she smiling at me?

I divert my attention back to the room.

And right now, I feel like life is playing a not so funny trick on my poor heart.

Why didn't I think of it before? Why didn't I realize that another coincidence wouldn't even be surprising at this stage?

But most importantly, why did the new, hot psychology lecturer, with her long dark hair, perfectly shaped face and icy blue eyes, had to be the woman of my dreams? The woman I had met twice and couldn't get out of my head? In other words, my therapist?

In a few seconds, my brain seems to take a picture of her whole being. I notice her red blouse, hanging loosely, tucked into very fitting black suit pants, and accentuating her long legs, black, vertiginously high heels.

She is running a hand through her long shiny hair when I'm openly checking her out, and thankfully, she doesn't seem to notice me. Kyle, on the other hand, does, and makes a not so subtle hand gesture and wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

I turn around swiftly when I see the brunette follow Kyle's gaze, and come face to face with Troy, who is handing me his phone. I take it on impulse, gazing interrogatively at him, the awkwardness of the moment making me instantly forget why I am in such a state of panic in the first place.

"It's for, you know, your number If you will? You can text me, erm, for anything really, like for classes and stuff Yeah stuff", he mutters, scratching the nape of his neck.

I can't help but feel a strange feeling of discomfort in my stomach. And I don't understand it. Nervous Troy, is cute, and moreover, Troy is already quite handsome. And nice, and clever. He obviously likes me. Why can't I like him?

I take a stupid decision and seem to think it's a good idea to enter my phone number in his device.

At this exact moment, and I'm not even surprised anymore by the turn of events, Kyle and Pr. Alexander decide to leave the auditorium.

So, I'm standing here, with Troy's phone, Troy to my side-once again way too close to me-, facing Kyle and his lecturer. And the worst: I am shamelessly gawking at the latter, devouring her with my eyes like she's an ephemeral piece of art.

Her eyes hold a certain curiosity, as if she's trying to recall where she saw me. But I know she remember perfectly who I am. Maybe she's questioning fate too, maybe she's wondering why it seems to be written somewhere that we shall meet in all situations imaginable.

Then I hear Troy cough, obviously seeking some kind of attention, and Alexander's lips stretch into that casually sexy half smirk of hers, her blue eyes still boring into mine.

"Miss Grant. How are you today?"

I don't have time to make up some kind of answer, as Kyle's eyebrows jump up in surprise, and he quickly asks me, in what I decipher to be an accusative tone.

'You know her?"

I tear my gaze away from her, and try to come up with something again.

"Um yes, I- uh- we-", I stutter, not able to control my nervousness.

I hear an angelic and cristalline laugh, coming from Dr. Alexander.

"Oh yes, we already met."

At this exact moment, I pray with my whole heart that she doesn't mention her being my therapist, because that's not a subject I want to mention when Troy is still-unfortunately- existing, standing here like he has some right over me, and Kyle sees that I'm obviously checking out the woman.

Even though I'm not gay.

Right?

I'm just admiring her.

So I proceed on doing my best puppy eyes, but the lecturer is not looking at me anyways.

"I may or may not have wrecked this young lady's car"

I thank her inwardly, Troy doesn't have to know about me being in need of a therapist.

But Kyle's eyes widen in realization.

"Ooh Ooh, it's you!"

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion, and her squinted eyes search my face, but she still answers casually.

"It would be me. News travel fast, I see?" She still looks at Kyle, but I know her comment is directed at me.

Troy chooses this moment to remind us of his unwanted presence, with an even more unwanted comment.

"You have car problems?", his shows his insanely white teeth at me, smiling widely, freaking me out. "I can be your driver if you want! I just bought a very cool car, I could show you some day-"

"Thank you Troy," I cut him off sharply, and grab Kyle's arm. "Kyle drives me, so it's alright, I don't need you" I turn to Kyle, glancing quickly at the woman next to him, who is watching this whole exchange with the same smirk still attached to her full lips.

"Let's go eat, Kyle, I'm starving."

Kyle seems to be disappointed, but shrugs and waves at Miss Alexander. "Goodbye, Miss, see ya Troy."

And we walk away.

***

"How about this one?"

"Ken, say whatever you want, but if I was straight, I would already be drooling over you. I get why Troy is literally addicted."

I roll my eyes and check myself out in the mirror. I'm wearing a tight white dress with lace, which fits my slender body perfectly, and my hair is up in a curly bun at the top of my head, with loose curly strands of hair at each side of my face.

"Stop" I sigh. "I don't even know why I'm going to this party with you."

"I swear. You look like Rihanna, but even better. And Troy's gonna be there, so if you like him, it's the perfect occasion."

I glare at him, wanting to wrap my hands around his neck and choke him.

"First of all, no one looks better than Rihanna. Secondly, if you mention Troy one more time, you won't live long enough to actually go to the party."

He backs off a bit, and straightens his shirt. "Okay, okay, easy tiger. Anyways, I saw how you were looking at my lecturer, now I know for sure that poor Troy has not a single chance with you." He grins, apparently very proud of himself.

I push his shoulder gently. "Hey, I wasn't looking at her like anything, she was just there, blocking my view." I finish putting my nude heels on, and we get to Kyle's car.

The night is warm and the sky cloudless, and I hum, trying to forget the day, like I did on a regular basis.

Forget.

Kyle drives us to the party, still muttering something about me drooling and a hot woman with bright blue eyes.

He parks in front of a gigantic house, and I notice some people already passed out outside. It's not even 11pm, and they are drunk?

When I'm about to open the passenger door to make my way to the party, Kyle gently holds my arm. I think he sensed my mood darken the moment he started mentioning Troy and my therapist, and now he's going to get all nice and sorry about it.

"Hey, Kennedy" He uses my full name, and I already know what he is about to tell me. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to, y'know? If you want Troy to leave you alone, I'll make him. But please don't get drunk? I want to not worry about you tonight. And forget about what I said, I was just joking I really wanna see you happy with someone"

I try to joke, but my voice comes out dry and low. "What are you, my mom?" I hate it when he lectures me. He likes to hook up at parties, and me being a huge mess often prevents him from doing so, as I get drunk and uncontrollable, and end up messing whatever one night stand he was about to get. I know it's wrong of me, and I take him for granted a lot. But I just don't like him being nice about it. It make me feel even more guilty about the whole situation.

"Please don't take it like that. You can't just avoid subjects you don't like, Ken."

I slowly count to ten, fake a smile, and hiss: "Watch me."

Leaving him in his car, I make my way to the raging party.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.8K 40
388K 13.4K 31
**Girlxgirl** Logan Gordon, high school senior with a bright future and a talent for soccer. Lila Masters, world famous surgeon with unsurpassed skil...
52K 2.4K 42
Elizabeth Lee has never had many friends, and she's alright with that. She enjoys the silence and she is alright with her only friends being her fami...
113K 5.2K 60
As Mrs. Write's life disperses from it's normalisity, it further unravels as a part never shown comes at the addition of no ordinary woman. This is a...