8

"How do you feel about sushi?"

She seems like a whole new person, and I can barely recognize the serious and unattainable therapist from the happy and flirty Diana in front of me.

"Sushi is good. I love sushi." I answer, unable to contain a shy smile.

We are at the back of the cab Diana called precisely five minutes ago, and on our way to a restaurant of the woman's choice.

"I love sushi too. But it's been a while." She stares into the distance, through the window.

I take this opportunity-again- to admire her profile. Her eyes are reflecting the street lights that seem to pass by, and I catch myself wondering if someone could get anymore beautiful.

I'm awoken from my reverie by my phone, lightening up in the dark car.

The message is from Eva:

I've had a good time this afternoon. Should defo do it again soon ;)

"Boyfriend?"

My head shots up to face her, ready to get mad if I find out she's been reading my text over my shoulder, something that should be punished by jail time.

But she's still facing the window, chin resting on her palm, in the same exact position she was before I was distracted by my phone.

"Not exactly," I exhale.

"The girl you told me about, then?"

"Please stop."

After she hears my last words, she slowly turns to face me, her eyes boring into mine, hypnotizing me with an innocent gaze I can't help but think is not as innocent as it appears to be.

"Stop what?"

I roll my eyes. "We should make a rule. About you, me, and mostly you psychoanalyzing me outside of your office."

"Well?"

If she's making me mad on purpose,she's doing it quite successfully. "Well I told you to not fucking psychoanalyze me everytime you talk to me!"

Her eyes widen a little bit in surprise, the only emotion that seems to cross her face. She reaches and pats my thigh, and her calming voice breaks the engulfing silence once again.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to pry. Comes with the job I guess," she shrugs, and returns to her previous activity -being silent and staring at the landscape.

But somehow, her mood doesn't seem the same. Since I first saw her, I had realized she is quite good at hiding anything she is feeling, and thinking. But something about the atmosphere seems off right now.

And I still feel the heat of her palm on my thigh. Her touch, making every single part of my body freeze, or shiver, or both at the same time. She must like touching my thighs, I think to myself.

"Her name's Eva."

"Nice."

"She is nice."

"I bet."

"She's also not my g-"

"Alright." She inhales deeply. "So are we going to talk about Eva the whole night?"

Rude.

Wait, the 'night'?

Isn't restaurant supposed to be an evening together?

She wants to spend the night with me?!-

Oh, and there's me, overthinking, for a change.

Overthinking when she probably meant evening.