The Parent Trap {Jariana}

By kcxbello

Twins Avia and Emmi were separated when they were only a few months old when their parents decided to divorce... More

prologue
{camp walden for girls}
{whats everyone staring at?}
{poker night}
{the isolation cabin}
{the switch}
{meeting mom}
{meeting dad}
{dads in love?}
{trouble comes in double}
{confession}
{the jig is up.. kindof}
{jariana? or..?}
{dinner for four.. wait..two?}
{no no we wont go}
{camping with stepmom and dad}
{get the picture?}
{goodbye?}
{finally}

{the long awaited chance}

607 18 3
By kcxbello

Avia and Emmi were holed up in the latter's room, on the latter's bed, playing a mean game of poker when Jai came up. He checked himself in the mirror, making sure that he didn't look bad in his black polo and pants.

"Okay, I'll take two.." Avia said to her sister, then looking up when she saw her dad in the doorway. "Hey dad, wow.. you look nice." she said teasingly.

"Where are you going?" Emmi asked excitedly but her father just grabbed the doorknob and was all smiley faced.
"Good night, ladies," he said in a singsong voice before pulling the door close. Avia and Emmi glanced at each other, thrilled. They put down their cards (face down) and crossed their fingers and tightly shut their eyes, both silently praying for the same thing. Their parents getting back together.

JxA

"Oh wow!"

"This is where I keep my private stash. Did you know I also collect wine?"

"Oh really now?"

"I'm a man of limited interests. Follow me..."

Ariana giggled but nevertheless followed Jai through the cavernous place looking around in awe at all the bottles lined up on the shelves. The place was stone-walled and lit by iron chandelier candleholders with real candles. It seems that there was no electricity in the place and felt very medieval. Jai led her to one of the shelves and took out a bottle holding it out in front of her.

"This... is a 1921 Burgundy." Jai explained dramatically tapping the bottle proudly, "They say the rain that year made this the best Burgundy ever harvested."

Ariana looked at the bottle appreciatively and she smiled. Jai was really at home with his wines, she recalled, during their time together.

JxA

Back upstairs, Emmi and Avia were no longer playing cards, but were laying on their backs looking at the ceiling, both quiet, with the exception of Sammy's panting next to them. "Ave?" Emmi said softly, not bothering to turn and look at her sister.

"Yeah?" Avia replied, just as softly, shifting not on the bed slightly but not facing her twin.

"What if..," Emmi took a deep breath as she closed her eyes, getting ready for the tears that she knew were bound to spill if she opened them. "What if they don't get back together? What if you go back to New York?"

Avia bolted up and turned her body, allowing her to lol down at Emmi, whose eyes were still closed, yet some tears had managed to escape. "Why would you say that? You're the one who was sure this plan was full-proof!"

Emmi opened her eyes and sat up, facing her sister. She tucked some hair behind her ear and wiped her tears. "I know..but mom can be really stubborn..and well..she might be too caught up to realize that dad loves her more then anything in the world.." she whispered, looking into Avia's brown eyes.

Avia's eyes welled up with tears, realizing her twin was right. But before they could have the chance to fall, she embraced her sister in a tight hug. "I know..but if that happens, we'll still be sisters, and we can visit each other all the time. And we still have camp.." She whispered, not letting Emmi go.

JxA

"Now you will appreciate this." Jai said and asked her to follow him to an old cabinet. He opened it and Ariana saw five dusty bottles on the 7-rack display. Two bottles were at the very end while the other three were arranged in the middle with one empty rack space at either side. Jai picked up a dusty bottle on the right of the middle and biggest bottle of the group. It had a pink label which read: Fiji Day 1945.

"Look," Jai said and Ariana read the label then looked up at him, amazed.

"That's incredible," she whispered stroking the bottle.

"I love that." Jai said and put the bottle back smiling. Then he picked up the bottle on the left.

"Now this wine, was the same wine served at my parents wedding. A Bordeaux 152," Ariana couldn't help herself and said 'awww,' "I think Beau was conceived off this baby." Jai said thoughtfully and Ariana giggled.

"What's this one? Where dreams have no end, 2005." Ariana asked, picking it up and turning the bottle in her hands.

"That one actually took me years.. to track down." Jai explained looking at her expectedly.

"Why? Where's it from?" Ariana asked looking up curiously.

"It's the wine... we drank at our wedding." Jai explained with a small sheepish smile, "I now have every bottle ever made."

Ariana became misty-eyed at his words and she fought back the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. Although he didn't say it outright she could feel that he still loved her. Through his actions and casual words, she could still feel the affection, the care, the love... and the longing.

"You do?" she asked hoarsely.

"I do," he answered smiling.

"Then can we open one?"

"You're the only one I'd drink it with."

Ariana stood in shock. There it was again, his subtle confessions. She couldn't move and now her heart was beating very fast. Being with Jai was like being in heaven and she'd rather be there than elsewhere. Jai blew the dust off the bottle and Ariana bowed her head as small tears escaped.

"You ok?" she heard him ask looking at her in worry.

"Oh yeah, just got a little dust in my eyes." Ariana replied after wiping the tears.

"I can... offer you a clean sleeve." Jai said and held out his arm.

"No, no... I'm fine... all better." Ariana looked back up and was once again lost in Jai's eyes.

"You don't always have to be so brave, you know," he told her.

"Oh but I do, actually," she said.

The distance between their faces came closer and closer. Ariana closed her eyes for the anticipated kiss as Jai watched her face drew nearer. Their lips were millimetres apart when they heard a honking from the outside and both looked towards the door. The distance grew and the moment dissipated into nothingness leaving Jai inwardly frustrated.

"That will be Miley... and Zac" Ariana whispered.

"She has a key." Jai retorted leaning in again but Ariana stepped backwards shaking her head.

"Hello! I'm home... is anybody home?" Miley called out and Jai gave Ariana a sad smile.

"We'll be right up!" he called from the cellar. Ariana walked passed him and he clutched the bottle of wine tightly before returning it in its place - missing its long awaited chance.

He followed her up the stairs and faked a smile at the sight of Miley and Zac wrapped in each other's arms.

Ariana smirked at them, crossing her arms. "Welcome back. How was the picnic?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at the two.

Miley's cheeks took on a red tint as she laughed. "Who knew what this man wanted to eat in Sydney? We drove nine hours to have a picnic in a city with no parks." She looked up at Zac and smiled at him.

Zac chuckled and leaned down, kissing her forehead. "Oh come on. We had an amazing time."

"That we did." She giggled then turned back to Ariana and Jai. "The man is a lot to handle..." She quipped with a loving smile on her face. ".. but a lot of fun. But how was the camping trip? Aren't you back early?" She paused as she saw the look of slight annoyance on Jai's face and her eyes widened a little in realization.

"Are we interrupting something? We are. Let's go, Zaccie." She spoke in a rush as she grabbed her boyfriends hand to pull him away but Ariana cut her off.

"No, no, you're not interrupting anything!" Ariana quickly said, shutting her up. "Are you hungry? In the mood for some pasta?"

Jai looked at Ariana, silently wishing she hadn't asked them to stay.

Miley warily looked between the two. "You don't mind? We haven't eaten since Hearst Castle."

Jai held back a sigh and gave them a smile. "No, no, it's fine."

Ariana smiled, clapping her hands together, slightly relieved she didn't have to be alone with Jai after what happened in the cellar. "I'll set the table for two more."

JxA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.1K 31
Jai Brooks; Captain of the football team. Most popular guy in school. Every guys hero and every girls dream. He's dating the most popular girl in sch...
21K 516 43
When Isis gets the chance to go to amazing university in Melbourne she didn't realize her life would change. She meets these 3 boys, brothers Beau, J...
162K 5.3K 20
Twins Punky and Penny were separated when they were only a few months old when their parents decided to divorce. Each took one child. Lauren took Pun...
14.9K 385 25
Ariana Grande, is she really gonna be with an aussie normal guy? Love move mountains