Rebirth of Sahara

By 09rae30

Countless mistakes Too much sorrow Resulting to endless pain and regrets When exactly did it all start? Was i... More

Prologue
1. Pregnancy
2. Umbrella
3. Lovely Name
4. You Would Never
5. Why Not Crawl?
6. They Welcomed Me
7. Adorable Body Fats
8. Dinner with Benett Family
9. Six Feet Under
10. Is That All?
11. Farewell
12. So Be It
13. That Went Well
14. Purple Tulips
15. That Boy Hid Too Well
16. Mira Quinn
17. Window Shopping Gone Wrong
18. Nicky
20. Phone Calls
21. Dilemma
22. Comfort and Peace
23. You've Done Your Best
24. Noel (1)
25. Noel (2)
26. Mountain of Rocks
27. Welcome Back
28. After Three Years
29. Two Opposite Nights
30. Confession
31. Past: The Root of Fear
32. Past: Colossal Mistake
33. Past: Hope
34. Past: Acxel's love (1)
35. Past: Acxel's love (2)
36. Past: Acxel's love (3)
Message from Rae
Message from Rae

19. Has Its Own Purpose

10.8K 560 32
By 09rae30

"Big sister you suck" followed by an irritating boisterous laugh.

Patience Sahara

"Eh, no way, how can big sister be so dumb?" followed by a disappointed sigh.

Patience...

"Amazing! Big sister, you got the worst record ever! A zero!" followed by an annoying clap.

Patience

"Look big sister! That little boy is better than you!"

Patien-

"Big sister!"

Patie-

"Big sister!"

Pati-

"Big sister!"

KILL!

Somebody lend me a gun I have someone I need to blow his head off right now!

"Big sis-"

"Nickolas Kincaid!" I snapped at him, "Another infuriating remarks from you and I won't hesitate to leave this horrendous place!"

That's right!

This scumbag hauled me in this unfamiliar nightmarish place which he called an arcade and had the nerve to mock me at every turn!

Is it my fault when that aggravating claw machine is being difficult and makes one's blood boils?! No it's not!

It's also not really my fault when those creepy zombies keep on coming closer to the screen that I panic and could not shoot them accurately. Who told them to be so many and fast on their limp feet! Their faces are even scary and disgusting up close!

Stop punching, kicking and throwing my character in the game if you don't want me to be KO'd!

Don't even expect me to shoot a ball on a net that is placed so far! I've never held a basketball before!

Haaahh!

Tired...I'm so tired

I didn't know there's a hellish place down here, add this devil incarnate who made his mission to make this day so memorable for me...really, so memorable that my fingers are itching to close on those slender neck and break it—to make this day more memorable!

"Here"

I gasp when I felt a cold sensation on my cheeks. I look up and narrowed my eyes on this annoying smiling jerk in front of me.

"Hey, don't make that face big sis. You'll get wrinkles. Well if you did have them, your face will still be acceptable below average, so don't worry"

Acceptable below average?!

Gun...where's my gun?!

I made a 'hmp' sound and rudely took the cold drink he offered.

Nick chuckled lightly from my behavoir.

I ignored him and took a sip from my drink as he did the same.

We sat quietly on a couch in a secluded area of the establishment...I guess this place has a resting area also. It's just...I did not imagine it to be so extravagant. Located on a top floor, has expensive looking couch and table. The place was decorated with exquisite furnitures, one can also see the view of the city from the floor to ceiling glass windows...really what a lavish room

But...

"How come there's no one else using this place?"

"Ah? Because this whole floor is exclusively for me" Nick replied flippantly.

My eyes darted to him, "What?"

He cheekily smiled at me, "I own this establishment big sis"

I should have known when I saw how the two guards slightly bowed their heads when we came in, the manager even came out and respectfully greeted him and the whole place was just too massive and extraordinary to be a simple arcade store.

"Let me guess, this is only one of your business"

"Nope. This is only my business"

I knitted my brows, "No way"

He chuckled amusedly, "Yes way"

"Hmm...well, I guess it'll just take some time before you inherit your father's business" I just casually commented, not really thinking anything deep into it. I knew it was a mistake when I felt him instantly stiff beside me.

An awkward silence descended on the air for a long moment. I bit my lower lip for my carelessness and was about to brush off my earlier comment by changing the topic when he suddenly answered, "No, I won't"

It was the second time I saw his facial expression turned serious and voice no longer held any genial sunny tone.

He heaved a sigh, "My father wanted me to take over the company after him. From the start he groomed me to meet his expectations. Same old boring class and training, ironically it was fun and interesting in the beginning. Hearing his praise and acknowledgement, I thought it was all good even though I find the whole lessons to be bothersome"

"What change?" I asked softly.

I find it strange he was sharing this with me-a perfect stranger, but then again, I'm just a stranger to him, so I guess he thought that this will be only a passing time and we wouldn't meet again anyway, might as well use me as a rock for his complains.

But...isn't he worried that I might tell this to others? I mean this story could be use as a scoop for the media, you know? Not that I will really tell on him though.

"Acxel Damon came into the picture"

I held my breath when I heard the name he mentioned, "What do you mean?"

He leaned back and rested his head on the sofa, "Did you know that he only entered the first year in high school when he made his first million without any backing from his family?"

I know

"He even built his own enterprise before he graduated from high school and became a billionaire right from the start of college. He was even crowned as Icy Blue Eyes Lord"

I also know that

"Really...just how capable is he? That man is in the highest caliber. He's far different from me, who could only work my body to the bones for me to achieve great things. It came out no surprise when father started giving me disappointed looks, I began to find the class and training not interesting anymore and it was nothing but dull and gray. I stopped having fun" Nick chuckled wryly to himself.

"Now he wanted me to take over his company? Hah! What a joke. There's no way I could compare to that damned Damon"

"Then what? You'll just mope here and run away from your father? From everything that you deemed uninteresting and no fun?" I coldly asked him.

I can tell that he did not expect me to be aloof and unfeeling from everything that he just said. I think I even strike a nerve when his eyes blazed from undisguised anger.

"What do you know? What the hell do you know?!" He growled, "Who do you think you are to—"

"Then, who do you think you are?" I cut him off unfazed.

"What?"

"You're Nickolas Kincaid and he's Acxel Damon, even a third grader can tell who they are"

"That's not the point!"

"No? I think it is the point"

He stood up abruptly while brushing his hair with his fingers, "You don't know what you're talking about! Stop using that tone like you know everything!"

He started pacing back and forth in front of me, "That damned Damon is the sun while I'm only but a measly star! Everyone respected and admired the brilliance of that perfect bastard even in the eyes of that stupid of a father, he was always, always bright—to the point of blinding everyone around him!" He exclaimed on edge.

"And do you even have any idea about running a company?! It's not that easy as a piece of cake! There's countless of life resting on your shoulder! People will find faults from everything you do, you have no choice but to be perfect as you take on every burden and pressure from everyone! It's just what expected from you...and that...I'm anything but that...what if I tried and was not good enough after all?"

I know I shouldn't be impulsive.

I know I should just keep my mouth shut.

It's none of my business...

And yet

I stood up and walk over to him. He halted his steps and faced me. I momentarily saw his puzzled expression before I swing my right arm backwards to gain momentum and landed my fist on his left cheek.

I think he lost his footing because of the impact. I even marveled that I could do a straight punch and make him stumble on the floor.

Stunned, he reached his cheek with his left hand, eyes wide and mouth hanging as he stared up at me.

"Have you woken up now?" I calmly looked at him.

Ahh...I should've minded my own business...

Before Nick could utter a word, I guess my mouth has a mind of its own as it ran fast before my mind could think, "Are you stupid?! Instead of worrying about the future, why not live in the present?!" I yelled.

"You call him sun while you're only a measly star?" I clenched my teeth, putting a hand on my hip as I leaned on him by bending my waist, "Did you know that in the desert, people look up to the stars at night to guide them through? They call it navigation! The sun has its own purpose and likewise the star has its own, so don't you dare belittle any star! Everyone shines at their own pace!"

Well in reality sun is also a star but that's not really the point.

This guy...he's insecure and likely compares himself to the man his father approved of while also hesitating and fearing to take a step forward. He's also scared of taking responsibility because he could not bear the consequences...yet...running away would only lead to many regrets...

"People fear the unknown...but do you plan on living your whole life wasting time feeling small and pathetic? If you couldn't even take a punch from life, then don't consider yourself as a man! Just stay there and be like a boy that you are!" I blatantly huff at the end.

I know I don't have any right and in no position to even give him a piece of my mind, when I seriously fucked up in my previous life.....but it's because I, myself had really fucked up because of my own insecurities and fear that it cost an immeasurable price and died miserably, and I don't want that happening to him-or to anyone.

Our eyes were in a deadlock for a good minute before he blinks and suddenly threw his head back and laugh so hard that made me leaned back and stood there dumbly.

He just laughed there on the floor, he even tap his right hand on his legs repeatedly.

What the hell?

"I really thought you were foolish and busybody when you stumble on troublesome things, you take action and responsibility when in this day and age no one would do that and would choose to turn a blind eye on it"

I frowned.

Is he talking about Mikky and his situation earlier?

"Haaahh! I just thought to kill some time with you at first and maybe have fun in the process. I never thought you would be this interesting" He casted his emerald green eyes on me as he smiled, "Big sister is really great. I might just think you're even better than that damned bastard"

Please don't compare me to him

Crossing my arms, I lift an eyebrow, "Do you plan on staying there on the floor? Don't expect me to give you a hand"

He was back to his playful and laidback manner again when he chuckled softly, "No, I need to get up by myself"

I smiled inwardly at his double meaning words.

I know I should've minded my own business...but maybe this is fine too...

"Good, then I'll take my leave"

"Eehhh~! Big sister you're going to leave after you just punch my beautiful face? How could you not take responsibility and abandon me so coldly"

"Says the man who also just reprimand me for being foolish and busybody"

"Ah? I did? Big sis I never said that, you must have misheard. Tsk, tsk, one should really clean one's ears regularly"

Shameless!

Really Shameless!

Can't I spend my remaining day peacefully before I leave?

***

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for voting and dropping a comment about how you feel, I really appreciate it ♥♥♥

It makes me so happy that a lot of you like/love my story! Yay~! ☺☺☺️

I'm really encouraged by your warm, kind and sweet words ( ^ - ^ )

Just a heads up, I might have a hard time updating my story weekly since classes will start soon.

Sorry, please bear with me ( T ^ T ) but I'll continue to update as soon as I'm able.

Again, thank you for your constant support ♥♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 76 66
Madelyn Norlyse. Brown hair with matching brown eyes and a soul that's absolutely lifeless. Dull. Empty. She has been abused and used so many times t...
10.4K 309 20
This is a remake of my story - "I'm sorry" on my old account @/cosmicstar9. hopefully this one is less cringe. If you need to read the old one for th...
1.5K 130 24
There is the exaggerated thump of feet on the sand as if the owner of said feet had crashed harder than he intended. I hear the rasp of a sword drawn...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...