Protecting the President's So...

By KirstenMx

[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] Luna Prescott is a young special agent and Ace Crawford is the President's... More

1: Goat's Cheese
2: Hormonal Teens and Drugs
3: Like Regina George?
4: Is Lunch a Class?
5: Your virginity?
6: Pretty nugget
7: Yodelling Walmart Kid
8: Herpes and Smoke Weed
9: Spill the Tea
10: My Knight in Shining Armour
11: Slide into His DMs
12: Keep it PG
13: He Bruises Like a Peach
14: Chicken Tender?
15: Buzz Buzz Bitch
16: Sniffing My Bag
17: Birdy Boo Boo
18: Big Plastic Balloons
19: Mr. Snuggles
20: A Kid With An Attractive Moustache
21: No More Pop Tarts
22: Fakeness Isn't Natural
23: What a Wiener
24: As in The Nemo Character?
25: Done the Deed
26: No Attachments
27: Geronimo!
28: You Little Pig
29: Pinapple Haired Baby
30: Macenth?
31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple
32: So Damn Extra
33: 20 Chicken McNuggets
34: Pun Intended
35: Give It A Rest
36: Just One Thing
37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs
38: Peace Out, Dawg
39: Hit it, Lesley
40: Safety First Kids
41: Your Date Is Here
42: Dramatic Much?
43: Bitch Better Have My Money
44: I'm Sorry
45: Ape Shit
46: Why Won't You Let Me In?
47: Official
48: Jayden Carol Crawford
49: Game On, Loser
50: Deeper Than The Mariana Trench
51: Follow The Rules
52: Lover's Lane
53: Shoot.
54: Baby Daddy?
55: 'She Doesn't Love You'
56: Detach Yourself
57: I Can't Do This
58: My Dumbass
59: I've Got A Bone
60: Was He Crying?
61: They're Probably Dead
62: Like A King
63: Slow Down
64: This Is Your Fault
65: You Know I Can't
66: Just Don't Trust Anyone
67: Fuck The Agency
69: Time's Up
Final A/N
SEQUEL IS UP

68: Are You Ready?

62.8K 2.4K 1.5K
By KirstenMx

Chapter 68: Are You Ready?

Luna's POV*

"GET UP BITCHES IT'S TIME TO LOOK PRETTY!"

I jolted awake and immediately reached for the gun underneath the pillow that I was sleeping on.

I paused when I looked around for the source of danger and realised that I was in the cinema room, lying on some bean bags with pillows and blankets surrounding me as well as my friends who also jumped awake at the sound of shouting.

Our eyes zoomed in on the only person who was standing up, Noah. In his pyjama's. With a santa hat on.

"What the hell are you doing?" Raven looked up at her boyfriend who was too busy pulling blankets off people to notice.

"Waking you up obviously," Noah fought against her, playing tug of war with her blanket, "We all gotta get ready for homecoming which starts in 6 hours and I'm pretty sure, with all of us here, it's gonna take a long time to finish."

It probably is to be honest. Everyone's gonna be showering, ironing out their suits, steaming their dresses, getting their makeup done, fixing their hair etc.

"Why are you wearing a santa hat?" Lucas asked while rubbing his eyes, "Christmas was like a week ago."

"It was comfortable to sleep in." He shrugged then finally got Raven to let go of her blanket.

Last night, after Ace drove us home, we helped set up the cinema room as well as preparing snacks. Caroline was fine with them coming over because she actually does love them all.

"Luna?" Raven called me as soon as we finished setting up the room we were having a sleepover in.

"Hm," I raised my eyebrows expectingly.

"Why do you have a little blood on your lip?"

My eyes widened, "What? Where?"

She pointed to the spot where Ace bit my bottom lip as I put my fingers there to try and rub it off.

"It kinda looks like teeth marks," She murmured, taking a closer look.

My eyes drifted to Ace who was sitting in the row behind us, smirking as he rolled his bottom lip between his teeth then winked.

Raven looked between us with a sly smile then said loudly, "Have you been swapping saliva with Ace?"

I heard a crash then the sound of footsteps pounding on the ground then the slamming open of a door to reveal a panicked Noah.

"Has she been, what now?!" He exclaimed.

I glared at Raven and subtly kicked her shin, "She said swapping solutions with Ace because... I was helping him with our Chemistry homework, what did you think she said?"

"I thought she said-" He rand a hand over his face, "Never mind."

I watched as he left the room slowly looking between Ace and me, thinking we would start doing something once he left the room. After he made it out the door, I hit Raven with a pillow whilst she yelped out.

"Why you little-"

I was cut off by the sound of a buzzer then someone speaking through the speakers saying our friends had arrived.

"I'll escort them here." Raven eagerly jumped out of her seat and ran out the room.

"Didn't mean to bite you too hard, cupcake," Ace drawled out as he relaxed into the chair.

"Shut up." I groaned while putting the middle finger up at him even though he couldn't see me.

When he didn't reply, I picked up the pillow I threw at Raven earlier and got up onto my seat to lean over towards him. I raised the pillow over my head quietly, ready to bring it down onto his face.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." One of his eyes peeked open.

I let go of the pillow and it landed softly onto his face.

"Oops," A cheeky grin spread itself over my face, "I dropped it."

He suddenly yanked me onto his lap, "Oops, my hand slipped."

I scoffed, "Just like my had will slip across your face if you don't let go of me right now."

"Ooh, feisty," He pulled me closer, "I like that."

A low whistle sounded throughout the room as my head snapped to the doorway to find the source. Our friends stood there with knowing looks while Noah stood there repeatedly hitting a spatula onto his hand.

"It's not what it looks like." I tried to stand up but ended up slipping on and blanket and falling back onto the chair I was previously sitting on.

I let out a groan of pain as I laid down in a heap on the chair while my oh-so-sweet friends stood there and laughed at me with their phones out taking pictures.

"No pictures." I huffed.

The rest of the night, we spent watching movies and eating food while Noah sat between Ace and me. I rolled my eyes and threw Ace popcorn over my brother's head as he caught it in his mouth. Yeah, Noah didn't seem all too pleased by that either.

But he got his revenge by waking everyone up at 2pm.

"How did we sleep so late?" One of the twins yawned, I couldn't tell which one since my eyes were slowly closing again.

"Well we did say up till like 5 am watching most of Brooklyn 99." Someone else said.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched out in attempt to wake myself up.

"Mornin'" Ace stretched out too beside me.

I smiled at his husky morning voice and his lazy smile when he threw his arm and leg around me to bring me closer to him.

"It's technically afternoon." I could happily smell his usual scent, timber and apple. God, I loved that smell.

He mumbled something back incoherently as his voice became muffled since he nuzzled his forehead into the crook of my neck.

"Nope, nope. Absolutely not," Noah somehow threw me over his shoulder, "Not on my watch."

I grunted out, "Noah put me down, it's too early in the morning to deal with your bullshit."

"I'm surprised you're not immune to it yet," He put me down on the opposite side of the room furthest from everyone, "I've been leaving bullshit around my whole life."

"Whatever, lets go." I rubbed my face and followed everyone out of the room to the dining room.

The whole table was laid out with so many different types of food but it wasn't the fancy kind of meals that you'd see at a dinner party. No, it was full of breakfast foods. Waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, everything you could think of that had even a little to do with breakfast was lined up down the large dining table.

We kind of just stood at the door way, admiring the view of the very delicious food with some of the waiters standing at the sides watched us with amused smiles. Well that was until Ace walked in, yawning and rubbing his eyes then proceeded to take a seat.

"What are you waiting for?" He finally noticed us just standing, "Dig in."

As soon as those words left his mouth, we scrambled and fought over seats. All of us aimed to get the seat closest to the largest plate of food. I don't think I thanked God as much as I did in the moment for my agent skills when I ran and slid across the floor to the chair, pulled it out from where Noah was gonna sit in it and placed it back down for me to sit in.

"Bitch," Noah grunted from the floor.

"Thanks for the seat," I pursed my lips to stop me from laughing.

Once everyone actually got into a seat, we began to eat and talk and all those things you do when you have breakfast, or technically lunch, after having a huge sleepover with your maniac friends. All was going well until I got a text on my phone.

🔥: what is the capital of finland?

I glanced up at Ace with a raised eyebrow who sat across from me. He replied with a cheeky grin.

🌙: helsinki...why?

🔥: what's the opposite of on?

🌙: off
🌙: wth are you doing?

🔥: what to cows produce?

🌙: shit, jks milk lol

I saw Ace rolls his eyes at me before replying.

🔥: what was the name of the lastest avengers movie?

🌙: endgame;(

🔥: which animal did i mention earlier?

🌙: uhhh cow?

🔥: which talk show host told people in the audience they could get a car?

🌙: oprah!! what a legend

🔥: which planet it closest to the sun?

🌙: mercury i think

🔥: what is a synonym for someone who cannot die or is undying?

I read the question and got stuck for a bit then eventually typed the question into the google.

🌙: immortal, lol had to look that one up

🔥: opposite of south?

🌙: wEst cOAst RepRisEnt
🌙: kidding, north

🔥: what is the name of Holt's assistant in B99?

🌙: gina duhhh

🔥: ?

🌙: what?

🔥: what are the first letters of your answers put together?

He looked up from his phone and looked at me expectantly. I gave his a confused look before scrolling back through our texts to find the answers. When I found out what it spelled, I huge grin formed on my face while I typed it back to him.

🌙: homecoming?

🔥: sure i'd love to go with you!!

"That was one hell of an interesting way to ask someone to homecoming," I scoffed.

"The answer still would've been the same," He boasted in while I threw a piece of bacon at him.

"I swear they weren't even talking." Dean mumbled with a horrified expression, "Witchcraft."

I shook my head laughing and went back to my breakfast/ lunch.

***

"Hurry your ass up and outta there!" Raven banged on the bathroom door, "I still gotta take a shower and I'm the last one!"

"You're the one who made me take a bath, wax everywhere, exfoliate, do a face mask-" I yelled back as I finished wrapping a new bandage around the burns on my leg and wrapped the robe tighter around me.

"Okay! Okay! I get it, just hurry up." She cut me off.

I pulled open the door when she was about to start knocking again, "You were saying?"

"Finally," She mumbled as I walked out.

We were in the dressing room which I got ready in last time for the beauty pageant. There were dresses being steamed on one side of the room with the help of some maids, racks of shoes lined up to the side of them, a whole table full of jewellery which Caroline insisted on letting us use and there were now a row of those light bulb mirror against each other where the girls had laid out hair and make up products.

I wondered how the guys set out their room since Ace reluctantly let them use his bedroom.

Bee was already had her hair done and was sat in front of a makeup artist getting her glammed up while a hair dresser was situated behind Taylor as she was getting her hair curled.

As I stepped out, a woman came up to me dressed in a black turtle neck with black skinny jeans and ankle boots with her blonde hair pulled back into a sleek bun.

"Hello madame," The woman had a french accent, "My name is my name is Estelle and I will be your assistant for today."

Before I could even say hello, Estelle pulled me to where the dresses were being steamed and pointed to a red one, "That dress over there is yours."

I instantly recognised it. It was the dress I bought for the beauty pageant but I lost it in the fire.

"Where did that come from?"

"A handsome boy brought it for you, très magnifique, non?" Her accent sounded to melodic when she spoke, "Your uh... ton petit ami?"

I laughed, "Pas encore."

A knowing smile appeared on her face as she lead me to one of the mirrors and sat me down in a chair in front of one

"What look will we be doing today?" She asked while pulling the hair from my face.

Not knowing anything about makeup, I shrugged, "Surprise me."

"Oui, madame." She turned me away from the mirror and began her job.

***

"Luna," I felt someone shaking my shoulder, "Luna!"

"Uh does she always do this?" I heard Estelle speak.

"Only when she lets us do her makeup." A voice I instantly recognised as Raven said.

I opened my eyes to see my friends and my assistant for the day standing in front of me. I yawned and was about to rub my eyes when they shrieked and stopped me.

"Woah what?" My eyes went wide.

"You just got your makeup and hair done!" Bee explained.

"Oh, right that happened," I turned around to face the mirror to see the outcome.

My shaped eyebrows raised in surprise when I saw they gave me a dark smokey eye look on my now smooth skin that had my highlight popping with a deep red lip. My dark hair was curled loosely into beach waves which framed my completely different face.

"Wow," I turned back around, "Merci Estelle, tu es el meilleur."

She bowed her head down with a small blush forming on her cheeks before presenting me with my dress with some gold heels that laced up until the bottom of my knees and pointing back at the bathroom which Raven finished using.

I thanked her once more before heading in that direction and got changed. I stared at myself in the mirror and remembered when I was getting ready for the beauty pageant. I hope it won't end in the same way...

I stepped out of the room and checked the time. 6:28pm. I saw Bee with her blue dress, Taylor with her gold dress and Raven with her white gown on. We were just about ready when Raven finished up the straps on her heels and stood up.

We didn't say anything till we all stood in front of the large mirror, silently hyping each other up.

"Damn we look hot as fuck." I smirked.

"Hell yeah," They agreed.

After taking a few group photos, we thanked the people who helped us and they left the room.

"Are they all gone?" I asked Raven who was stood at the door waving them all goodbye.

"And...yep." She gave me a thumbs up.

"Awesome," I pointed to them, "Can you guys get the bags from my room while I go fetch the guys?"

They nodded in response and we went to do our work. I walk through the corridors and as soon as I was close enough to Ace's door, I heard them moving around frantically.

"Where is my tie? Guys, where is my tie?!" It sounded like Jason.

"Bow tie or normal tie?" Lucas. Definitely.

"I don't fucking know! I'm so screwed."

A sound of something crashing sounded through the door then it was followed my a string of curse words. I glanced down the hallway to see some of the guards had amused faces but when they caught my eye, their stoic faces returned.

I chuckled and knocked on the door. All sounds from behind the door stopped and I could imagine them all looking at each other with panicked faces.

"Uh, who is it?" Noah dumbly asked.

I didn't answer just to take the piss out of them.

"Okay guys act cool." I assumed it was Dean talking.

The door slowly edged open, first revealing Dean then the rest of the guys dotted at the most random places around the room.

"Don't worry, it's just Luna," Dean exhaled.

"Fools, she could still hurt us, don't let your guard down."

I glared at Noah who was stood up on the bed with a pillow ready as a weapon.

"Finish up, meet us at our dressing room, we need to discuss something." Was all I said and walked back to the room I came from.

A few minutes later, the guys showed up with their correct attire which was surprising.

"Glad you could make it." I smiled and gestured at the bags lying on the floor.

"What's in there?" Ace furrowed his brows suspiciously.

Noah, Raven and I shared a knowing look. We each took a bag and opened them up to reveal the contents and spill them onto the floor.

"No fucking way," Dean whispered excitedly.

"Each if you will have a loaded gun which will always remain on safety until you absolutely have to use it, a smoke bomb just in case we need a distraction, a dagger just in case you lose your gun and a walkie talkie which will be turned on at all times," I pointed to each one in turn, "You must tell me if you haven't got possession of yours anymore or else we will assume someone else has it and that would put people in danger, understood?"

"Understood." They replied unanimously.

"Good, take one of each and it is your responsibility to hide it."

I hid my dagger in the straps of my heels behind my leg, put both the smoke bomb and walkie talkie in my clutch then hid the gun in a strap wrapped around my leg on my outer thigh.

"Nice dress." Ace whispered in my ear behind me.

"Thanks, nice of you to remember my taste in fashion." I span around to cock my head at him.

"You nervous?" A look of concern crossed his face.

"No," I lied, "We've got it covered."

"I just wanna day if tonight doesn't go to plan then-"

"Ace stop it, nothing will go badly okay?" I reassured him, "Don't worry."

He sighed, "Okay."

I opened the door and got everyone's attention, "Alright guys, this is it. Are you ready?"

"Ready."

***
A/N: yall we got one more chapter left!! that's crazy dude.

you won't guess what may happen next chapter but i know you guys will hate me for it oops sorry

q: what's gonna happen next chapter?

my a: hehehe don't kill me pls

right guys, see ya then
- kirsten xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819K 26.6K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
164K 15.9K 38
This is a FREE STORY with one paid bonus chapter! An exclusive boarding school on the coast of Maine. The unexplained death of a female student. A si...
201K 17.7K 38
When senior students at Lincoln High receive the same deadly text message, it falls upon Helena Gallagher and an unlikely companion to solve the myst...
38.3K 1.8K 25
Abisinden şiddet gören bi kızın kurtulmak için bulduğu çözümle kendini çekişmeli bi aşkın içinde bulur...