Might Solve a Mystery, or Rew...

Por avatarhay

Book One!! Update: THE WHOLE SERIES IS NOW COMPLETED! It includes all 3 seasons across 4 (and counting) books... Más

The Beagle Birthday Bonus!
Terror of Humanity!
The House of the Lucky Human!
The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest!
Vacation Revelations!
Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
The Living Mummy of Toth-Ra!
Beware the Mark Beaks! part 1
Beware the Mark Beaks! part 2
The Missing Links of Mark Beaks!
McMystery at McDuck Manor!
Jaw$!
The Golden Pain of Dawson!
Day of the Only Child!
The Secret(s) of Castle McDuck!
The Other Bin of Scrooge McDuck!
Hold Up, Rewind, Repeat!
The Shadow War!
The Long Game!
A/N

The Spear of Selene!

1.8K 53 35
Por avatarhay

The phone finally stopped buzzing around one. I was fairly sure that Beaks had liked every single photo of me, tagged or otherwise. I drifted off into a dreamless sleep for a good three hours before a knock and a voice woke me up.

"Get up! We are going on an adventure." I threw a pillow at the annoyed voice that turned out to be Donald. "Ow!"

"Sorry." I jumped at the sound of his cry of pain.

"You're good. I'm not happy about it either but Uncle Scrooge said to be down stairs in ten minutes." I nodded and packed an overnight bag and ran to the kitchen to get a to-go coffee.

I met them on the plane and most of the coffee was gone. However, I still wanted to pass out. The coffee was not helping. The whole BUDDY thing had been weird and I needed a break but Scrooge and Donald had other plans. I learned that when Scrooge got home last night he had the plane loaded and picked the next destination for us.

It was going to be a trip to the jungle Scrooge explained but I had already started to doze off. The plane shook and I was fully awake. I checked my phone and had a hundred missed notifications from Beaks, of course. I smiled but it drifted away as I read them. He basically thought I was going to be going on a date with him today and wondered what time and what to wear. Not him of course he already had his outfit picked out and was telling me what to wear or giving me three options. I texted him that a last minute trip to the juggle had popped up and never got to read the reply because the plane shuttered again and ran to the cockpit.

"What about that flashing red light?" Webby asked.

"Huh? That's just probably the 'everything is fine' light." LP shrugged.

"Okay, but hypothetically, what if it's not the 'everything is not fine' light?" Dewey asked. LP gasped and the Sun-chaser dropped. We started a downward spiral. I hit my head on something, giving me an instant headache.

"According to the JWG, we're off the tip of Greece, and-wait. This can't be right. I thought it was a myth." Huey started and it sounded familiar but the pain was making it hard to think.

"Ithaquack." Scrooge was horrified. The kids seem to think it was pretty. I stood up and walked towards the window. It was beautiful, green fields and sparkling waters.

"No, no, no, no. We gotta go now!" Donald stomped his foot.

"Get this plane in the air!" Scrooge yelled at LP.

"Sorry, Mr. McD. I gotta figure out what this flashing light means." Launchpad called down. "Like I always say, better safe, then whatever the opposite of safe is. Yeah. I do say that."

"When have you ever said that?" Scrooge yelled back.

"Hmm. Might as well take a look around." Webby said, taking my hand and running to the back of the plane. One of the boys opened the back hatch and we walked off.

"No, get back here!" Doanld yelled. Webby let go of my hand and ran behind a rock with Dewey. I wander around for a minute waiting for the dull thumbing to go away from my head. When it did I remember what episode we were in.

"What are you talking about?" I jumped over the rock where Webby and Dewey were hiding.

"Ahhhh!" "Don't scare us!" Dewey fell down. Webby punched my arm. I laughed loudly and Dewey covered my mouth.

"I'll tell you if you keep it quiet." I nodded and he removed his hands. "Our mom went missing right before we were born. Me and Webby have been trying to find her. We think this place has something to do with it. Can you distract Uncle Donald and Uncle Scrooge while me and Webby look into this?"

"I can but if you think I will let you off the hook after this is over, you are dead wrong. You hear me." He hugged me. He smiled up at me and I patted his head.

"Okay, I promise I will. Thank you, _____." He gave me a small smile.

"To the naos!" Webby said. Dewey blinked.

"That's Greek for temple." Me and Webby said in unison.

"Okay, stop assuming I know things. Like, baseline, assume I know nothing." Dewey stated. I laughed as they got up and ran off. I ran back over to the plane where Donald was already getting plumbed by Storkules. I hesitated to approach but did against my better judgment. He gasped.

"Be these colorful creatures your kin? By Hephaestus's Hammer, half-grown heroes in the making!" He picked up Huey and Louie. He dropped them when he saw me.

"And who be this fairest maiden?" He ran over to me and dropping to one knee kissed my hand.

(Fairest?)

"My name is ____, Sir." I shot Donald a 'help me' look. He gave me 'I know look' back.

"Um. Who are you?" Huey wiggled in between me and the very buff male. I could've hugged Huey because he forgot about me for a moment. Storkules started flexing as he talked.

"Your Uncle must've told tales of Storkules! Colossus of Corinth, hero of Heliopolis, and, my proudest accomplishment, best friend to Donald Duck!"

"The Storkules, a Greek legend, is your best friend?!" Huey screamed at his Uncle.

"Uh, more like an acquaintance." Donald corrected. I gave him a sad smile. I could tell he was over it.

"Ha-ha! Thine tongue be as quick and mighty as, well, me." He padded Donald on the back and drove him into the ground.

"Donald! Get the boys on board! We can't let him know we're here." Scrooge hissed from the plan. I had never since Scrooge actually scared, if that's what you would call this.

"Can't let who know we're here?" Louie asked and thunder rolled through the sky.

"Scrooge McDuck! You dare defy the will of Zeus?" A figure, that was, well, Zeus, descended from the clouds.

"The king of the gods?! Get out! So many questions. Do you control all storms, or just lightning? Does being immortal also make you impervious to? Do you cry?" Huey sounded like me if I had no filter. I let out a little chuckle as he stomped on the gods foot. I saw a flash of anger in Zeus' eyes so I pulled Huey off the god in a sort of hug.

"You know where I can find a good gyro?" Louie asked Zeus then leaned over to me and said, "Always ask the locals."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"The myths are real! This place is amazing!" Hurt was hyperventilating. I thought he was going to pass out.

"It used to be amazing, until Scrooge and his mortal riff-raff showed up and ruined it." Zeus bellowed.

"What?" The boys were in shock. Donald and Scrooge looked at each other annoyed.

Zeus snapped his fingers and we were sitting on a log looking at him on a throne.

"Ithaquack was the secret vacation spot for gods and heroes. And I was the god of hospitality. The King of the Beach! Everyone loved me. Then, Scrooge showed up, defeated the unkillable Gorgon, found the lost treasure of Troy, and was really good at building sand castles. Bah!" Showing a vase painted with every scene painted on it.

"Seems fun!" Louie said.

"Twas!" Storkules showed us a vase with him and Donald and BBF painted on it.

"No, it t'wasn't! Scrooge showed up like he was so cool and ruined it!" Zeus said salty.

"Och, Jings. Leave it to an immortal to whine about the good old days." Scrooge stood up.

"Probably because he looks at those vases all day." I said it under my breath but Scrooge heard and stifled a laugh. Donald, who also heard, did no such thing. He fell off the bench backwards with laughter. Everyone but Scrooge stared at him.

"So, where is everyone?" Scrooge asked, taking the attention from Donald.

"They all left when you did. Said they didn't want to party with a "lame god" who couldn't even best a lowly mortal." Scrooge held up a pot with a picture of Zeus striking ducks with lightning. "There may have also been a year-long lightning storm."

Me and the boys started examining it and Storkules held Donald up to talk to him. I was more interested in their conversation than our so I eavesdropped.

"But now that you have returned, Storkules, noble Donald, and his fiery sister. What?! Where is Della?" Donald didn't say anything but Storkules' voice grew quieter. "I see. Then we shall embark upon a rousing adventure to honor our fallen compatriot!"

I could hear his response but I know it by heart. 'I don't adventure anymore.' I wanted to tell them more and more every day. I thought back to the USB that I still hadn't looked at.

"What?! But adventure is the very blood in your veins! Well, we must at least hold a feast to celebrate your return!" Storkules proclaimed. The boys cheered. I shrugged 'why not?'.

"What?" Zeus and Scrooge echoes each other.

"Father, surely the god of hospitality would not cast out a crew of weary travelers." Storkules practically begged his father.

"Well I guess not."

"Ha-ha! It shall be a bacchanal for the ages! Beach party!"

While they were set up I couldn't help but compare them to the myths of Zeus and Hercules, the hero Storkules was named after. Both of the Zeus' were party-holic and boastful. Their sons on the other hand couldn't be farther from different. Hercules had shown off and not needed anyone. Storkules seemed to value his friendship with Donald. I shook my head. Thinking about my reality was starting to hurt my head.

When the poor excuse of party decorations, a Pegasus playing a harp sadly and some balloons were put up Donald came to me. His voice broke me from my thoughts and out of my headache.

"Where is Dewey?" He seemed panicked like he just realized his third nephew was missing. Scrooge was within earshot and walked over.

"I haven't seen Webby either." He added concern creeping into his voice.

"They were in the plane with Launchpad when we got zapped here." The both of them nodded, relieved. I suspected that this was partly due to the fact that Launchpad had more supervision than worried about the kids.

"Come join us!" Storkules, who was wearing a party hat, waved us over to the table. I sat beside Scrooge on the ground not really knowing what to do. Anyone, except Lou who was in his own world, could have cut the tension with a knife.

"Mmm! These are the best grapes ever!" Louie hummed to himself after a few moments of awkward silence.

"A little salty." Scrooge said monotone as he ate a chip. Zeus flipped the table onto Scrooge's nephews and his own son.

"Dip, not good enough for you, mortal?! You offend Olympus!" Zeus was pissed now.

"Anger problems much," I mumbled as I scrammed away from the flipped table.

"Maybe people didn't leave because they liked me, but because they didn't like you." Scrooge pointed accusingly.

I grabbed at his elbow and shot him a 'dial it down a bit' look. He looked back at me still angered. A flash of pink light filled his eyes and he stood down a little. I felt a little light headed.

(Magica quit it. I can handle this.)

No response but I wasn't expecting one.

"Ha-ha! Perhaps some festive beach games will lighten the mood." Storkules tried desperately to lighten the mood.

"Yes! A contest! Your family versus mine in a series of heroic trials. Yea, all will know that we are the superior party hounds and return to the island!" Zeus was distracted, probably envisioning their, well our, dead bodies scattered across the battlefield.

"This is exactly why we stopped vacationing here." Scrooge mumbled as he pushed the boys away. Donald looped his arm in mine and followed closely behind.

(Dewey and Webby need more time.)

Thankful the boys did most of the heavy lifting.

"But guys, epic trials! Zeus!" Huey begged.

"What's the big deal? I thought y'all liked challenges?" Scrooge slowed at my words by Donald, who had seemed to have had enough of Storkules, didn't.

"Delicious grapes!" This, coming from Louie, didn't add much to the argument but his voice made Zeus' head snap towards us.

"You're not going anywhere." Zeus electrified the sky creating a dome of lighting above us.

The younger boys were enthralled. As for the older ones, not so much. Zeus snapped again and they had changed clothes Donald, Huey, and Louie wore tunics.

"I love these tunics. So breezy, so comfortable." Louie spun, making me giggle.

"And surprisingly slimming." Huey added.

I was surprised to find even in the tunics I could tell the two triples apart. Huey hair was flatter and had what looked like a sweatband in it. Louie had leaves laced in his probably product filled hair. Also Louie's mouth was hanging open.

"Are you okay Lou?" I looked at the others.

Storkules made his way over to us. They were all staring at me. Louie simply pointed at me. I looked down to see Zeus had redressed me too. I was wearing a white sleeveless dress that fell to the ground. It also had a gold belt and gold cuffs to match. Was I mad I was redressed, yes. Was I going to say anything, no. He could create clothing with a snap and he already hated us. I need not anger him.

"You look more lovely than Aphrodite! Surely you are a queen or princess among your people?" Storkules announced. I was shocked that if anyone other than me heard him they didn't show it.

"No. I'm not." I was answering to both. He looked up at his father who was looking at him impatiently.

"I must go, fairest maiden!" I gritted my teeth. I'm not a grammar nazi but it was getting on my last nerve.

"Storkules may have brute strength, but he's also an idiot. You lads can use that to your advantage. I believe in you all!" Scrooge gave us pep talk before we headed into the field. Zeus had told us that it was going to be a trail of speed.

"To your positions!" Zues yelled and I walked up to the starting line. "What are you doing?"

"Starting position, like you said."

"This is no place for a female." I felt a flash of anger cross my face. Zeus back tracked a little. "Beside its family versus family."

"She is our family." All of the boys said at once my heart swelled for a single moment before it shattered at the thought of Magica. I shook her out of my head. This was not the place to think about her.

"You can't even run in that dress." He laughed.

I looked down. He was right but I leaned down and ripped so I now hung at my knees. My eyes challenged him. I wasn't going to back down from this. The rest of the boys stared in disbelief. Zeus greeted his teeth but continued.

"Whoever claims Aeolus's Bag of Winds first, wins. Understood?" I had to win even if it was just this round.

Huey raised his hand, "Five or six questions."

"On your mark, get set." Thunder crashed and Storkules and the two triples hurled themselves down the length of the field. I didn't move. I waited for Zeus to open the bag.

"Nope," Donald turned around and walked away.

Zeus opened the bag and the wind blew like crazy knocking Donald onto a column. I jumped behind a column myself and walked the outskirts of the oval shaped field with ease. I was keeping pace with the boys but with no struggle.

"We're never gonna beat him like this! Ah! Too breezy! Too breezy!" Louie yelled over the wind from the middle of the field.

Huey's eyes darted over to me and realized what I was doing. He leaned in his brother's ear and whispered something then he ran to the other side. The wind got louder and I could hear Louis' voice but I couldn't make out the words. However, I knew he was talking about Storkules. I heard the monstrous man laugh and in doing so lost his traction on the sand making him slip. Me and Huey ran around the outskirts of the columns to the bag of winds. Our hands grabbed it at the same time. We closed it and cheered. Louie ran over to us and gave us high-fives.

"Ha-ha-ha! Well done, nephews of Donald and fair maiden! What ingenuity! From henceforth, you shall be known as Hubert, Tamer of Winds; Llewelyn, Fighter of Battles; ____, Holder and Seeker of Knowledge!" The way his eyes gentled when he spoke made me think he had put a lot more thought into that name than he wanted anyone to know.

"Awesome!" Huey said happy with his new name.

"Please do not say my real name out loud," was all Louie managed to say.

I couldn't hear Scrooge say it but I know he was gloating from the steps where he was sitting. However I did hear Zeus reply.

"Doesn't count! They cheated! Best two out of three!" Zeus called out, like a small child.

We had to throw disks as the next challenge. Huey and Louie manage to knock each other out and though technically Storkules went the farthest, seeing how it went around the world (I had stopped questioning physics in this world a while ago) it still landed behind mine and Donald's.

Next was the chariot race. Me and Donald were to share a chariot. I was hesitant but Scrooge and Storkules assured me nothing too bad would happen to me during the race. We were pulling a head, though I don't know how. The only reason Donald was actually doing anything was because I asked him for help. Apparently he had done this before and I hadn't, go figure. We could see the finish line and Storkules was passing us on a narrow cliff. There was a large boulder in the way. I panicked. I couldn't go left or risk plumbing to our deaths. I couldn't go right or we would smash into Storkules. Donald grabbed the reins too late. We crashed head first launching Donald across the finish line and leaving me in a large pile of rubbish. He ran back to me dodging Storkules' bear hug.

"____, are you okay?" I gave him a thumbs up as I threw a piece of wood off me.

"I'm fine." I said, trying to stand. I was attempting to keep my dress down. Donald offered me a hand. Zeus, annoyed, announced another challenge.

(The one time Magica doesn't help me.)

I thought, spitting out wood chips. My own words echo in my head.

('I can handle it.')

Was Magica punishing me now? Probably. I rolled my eyes.

"No, the lassie could have gotten killed in the last one!" Scrooge protested.

(So much for not getting hurt.)

I chuckled in my head. They yelled back and forth for a moment before I stepped up.

"I'm fine. What's the next thing?" Scrooge gave me an uncertain look. I just looked forward, with confidence, at Zeus. Scrooge mumbled unhappy but gave in.

Clay was the next challenge. I had some artistic ability but I didn't know what to make. I glanced around. Donald wasn't trying. Storkules was making Donald in his image. The boys were making two ducks, probably themselves, high-fiving.

I frowned at the lump and just started shaping not really knowing what I was aiming for. Before long the lump resembled a plane. From there I added small details like landing gear and windows. When we stepped away from the clay Zeus and Scrooge judged each. Scrooge stopped, when saw mine and his eyes widened. I hadn't paid much attention while making it. I traced his eyes to why he was staring.

I had made the Sunchaser, all the bells and whistles. The front windshield was missing and you could see a small figure inside as the pilot's seat. Only it wasn't LP sitting in the cockpit. It was a female duck with short hair, aviator jacket, and goggles. It was Della. My breath caught and I swore in my head. I had been thinking about her, because of earlier. I was glad that no one else could see it. Scrooge locked eyes with me.

"Do you," was all Scrooge said before Zeus exploded with anger at losing again.

"Enough! Now comes the ultimate challenge. Steal the golden fleece from this small child." He stepped away revealing a child like she had been there the whole time.

"This is your ultimate challenge?" Scrooge raised an eyebrow.

"There's no way we're gonna beat Storkules on this one." Louie said, making me laugh. They looked at me.

"You're joking right?" I looked over at Storkules.

"Steal? From a child? But if I were to do such a thing, could I ever truly be called a hero? Donald, I am in need of your wise counsel. Donald? Donald! Oh! Companion Donald, where are you going?" Donald was storming off. We couldn't hear what he was talking about but I know.

"No, no, no! I'm through with adventure!" Scrooge gave a worried look at his older nephew. I could practically hear Donald's next line. 'Someone always gets hurt!' It echoed in my head. I turned to Scrooge.

"I can talk to him. I don't know if it'll help or if he'll listen." He gave a kind smile like he knew it wouldn't, but he didn't respond.

I ran after him. I could basically see him steaming as I approached him.

"Donald?" I said carefully. I reached for his shoulder but never made it .

"What?" He shouted back, slinging around. I sighed. He looked a little guilty but didn't apologize but his tone lightened. "What do you want, ____?"

"Even if you don't want to adventure for yourself, think of your Uncle and your nephews." His anger didn't dissolve but he waited, tapping his foot. He didn't know where I was going with this. "They may really need you one day and you might be the only person that can help them."

He clenched his jaw and thought it over and reluctantly he nodded.

"But I'm not going back up there." He pointed towards Storkules, who was pacing. I gave a light hearted laugh.

"Okay, stay over here and cool down, then." I kissed his check. I saw him blush and his anger started to fade. I ran back to the others.

When I got back the Storkules was pacing back and forth.

"If I do not steal the fleece, Father shall be incensed, but if I steal from a small, innocent child, how can I ever face myself again?" He mumbled to myself. From Scrooge's face I could tell he had been doing this since I left.

"Just grab it already!!!" Zeus screamed impatiently.

"I got it," Louie said to his brother and walked up to the girl.

"Louie!" His brother protested, showing some morals.

"What? I'm also a little kid. It's fine." Louie shot back.

"Like taking candy from a baby." I quoted Louie, more out of habit than agreement.

"Exactly." Louie approached her and she opened her mouth. She began singing and instantly I covered my ears not waiting for instructions. I stumbled backwards. The others covered their ears as well.

"Oh! The child is actually a mind-controlling siren! Did I not mention that? Storkules, finish them!" I half mouth read, half heard Zues when he determined the children were out of ear shot.

Storkules' eyes glazed over and his movements were no longer his own.

"Uh-oh!" Huey yelled.

"No! My fists betray my heart! Father, stop this madness!" Storkules threw a punch at Huey. I ran over and grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the way. Storkules stalked towards us. Scrooge put himself in between us and the god.

"Mm-hmm?" Zeus acted as if he had no control in stopping it. Storkules smashed the ground and we jumped the blast it made.

"Zeus, lay off, man! It's not my fault I best you at pretty much everything I do!" Scrooge shouted.

"This is not the time to boast!" I yelled at him.

"Not helping!" Louie also yelled at his uncle.

Storkule backed us into a wall. Scrooge reaches out his cane in front of the boys to his right and his left arm is in front of me. Storkules fist lifted above us like he was going to Hulk smash all four of us.

"Help!" "Somebody help!" The boys called out in unison.

I stayed quite trying to keep faith in Donald but with this huge behemoth standing over me, I couldn't help but be scared. I turned into Scrooge's shoulder, squeezing my eyes shut.

"I must apologize in advance for crushing your tiny bodies. I want you to know that as my best friend, Donald's family, I consider you my second-tier best friends. Farewell." Storkules gave a wave.

I realized then if Scrooge were to fight Storkules by himself he wouldn't have won and Storkules would have picked us easier. So Scrooge was choosing to protect us but I could see him fighting his natural instinct to pummel the god. I hid my smirk.

"Hey, you big palooka! Nobody gets hurt today!" Grunts and quacks came from the scrimmage. "I'm gonna get my hands on you!"

Donald was on his back dodging blows. He grabbed Donald, swung him around looping his arms under Donald's and crushed his head a little.

"Know that I regret this most bitterly," the knock off Hercules said.

Scrooge launches himself up, catching his cane in Storkules mouth and pulling it back.

"Seems like old times, eh, lad?" Scrooge asked.

Donald and he replied with a quick yeah. Huey whipped his head around to quickly look at the girl. Now that his life wasn't in immediate danger he realized that the little girl was still singing.

"We gotta stop the singing!" He pointed to the girl who hadn't moved.

"I'm on it." His brother said. We looked at each other and nodded. I caught glimpses of what he said while me and Huey helped Scrooge and Donald distract Storkules.

"What a magical voice!"

Huey kicked the god in the shin. One arm released Donald.

"Zeus just wants to use you."

I dodged a flailing arm and landed a punch in the rib area. would've hurt him had he been normal and not immortal.

"I want to use you to make us both rich. What do you say?"

"You've got a deal." She stopped the song and her real voice was gruff.

"Great." Louie was scared, but Storkules threw Scrooge off him and hugged Donald.

"Huh? Donald! You have saved me! Oh-ho-ho! Come here." I backed away from the top towards Zeus and Scrooge.

"Don't hug the enemy! What are you doing?!" He yelled at his son.

"They're best friends." Scrooge said.

"Acquaintances!" Donald corrected over Storkules embrace.

"Perhaps we've been letting our pride get in the way for decades and it's our families who suffer. What do you say? Peace?" Scrooge offered a hand not out of humility but out of pity, if you could call it that. Zeus slapped away Scrooge's outstretched hand. "Does beating me really mean that much to you?

"Yes, absolutely." Zeus was furious.

"Oh, fine. One final challenge. Winner gets all the glory," Scrooge huffed. Everyone could see he was at the end of his rope. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever it is you two boys are playing we're done!" I stamped my foot in reluctance. The kids nodded in agreement. Zeus and Scrooge agreed and shook hands.

Zeus snapped his fingers and a weird game appeared where one is to throw balls at the other opponents. I almost said it was too simple but I knew Dewey and Webby needed more time and the dumb game had like twenty rounds. I spent most of the game trying to figure it out. In the end I failed too but hoped that it would be enough time for them to get what they need to to get. When it came to the last round, Scrooge dropped the ball. Up to this point it looked like he was trying, not like I would know the difference.

"Oh, I oh, I cannot believe I choked on the last round," sarcasm dripped from his voice.

"Yes! I win! In your face, McDuck! I win, say it out loud I win, you love it, yeah, go, I win!" Zeus flexed as he talked.

(Is it a family thing?)

Thunder crashed above us as the dome disappeared.

"You may think you're done with adventure, but it will never be done with you. You're a hero, whether you want to be or not."

"I do not. But thanks, friend Storkules."

"He called me his friend! He said it back! Ha-ha! This is the most glorious day of my entire life!" I smiled at Donald as he shook his head.

"There you two are. Quick, let's get back to the plane before he comes up with another cockamamie contest." I ran over to the two.

"I promise I'll never stop until we find the truth. With this sphere as my witness, I ohh no!"

He went to grab it as it knocked off the red ball that I assumed was Zeus. This caused the god to scream. Webby looked at me and I sent her an 'I'll explain later' look.

"We should go now." Scrooge ushered us out.

We ran to the plane and climbed on board. Scrooge took Donald off to talk to Launchpad. Dewey walked up to me Webby on his heels.

"I love your dress!" Webby said, stared at the bag of clothes and had nowhere to change.

"Good. As soon as I can get it off I'll give it to you."

"Really?" I glanced over at Dewey's brothers, they were stretched out and trying to go to sleep.

"Yeah really." I went farther before they started to explain what happened to them on the island. I noticed they got to the part where they should have told me they disagreed but they both skipped that part. I didn't mind.

"Anyway Selene gave me this." He showed me the clear sphere. Pictures of his mother appeared in it. "Cool, uh."

"Then we came and found you and the others." Webby concluded. I was trying to fall asleep. I was running on four hours of sleep but didn't want to be rude.

"Are you going to tell them?" He glanced at his sleeping brothers. He shook his head.

"Not yet."

"You should think about it Dewey and if you ever need anything," I let the sentence hang. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you, ____!" Dewey wrapped his arms around me. I saw his eyes drop as he hugged me and his legs swayed.

"Go get some rest." I saw him lay down by Green and Red and immediately passed out. Webby gave me a sleepy smile.

"We have been up for the past couple days planning for this." I picked her up and leaned back.

"I hope it paid off." She nodded. "I'm glad, get some rest."

She hummed a thank you and closed her eyes. I added as she started to doze off. "That goes for you to Webby."

She smiled and I closed my eyes.

My eyes were closed but I couldn't sleep. My arm was numb from Webby's weight. I thought that everyone was asleep until I heard Scrooge's and Donald's muffled voices from somewhere nearby.

(Odd they should be asleep. We've been going non-spot for two days.)

I sat Webbigail down in my seat and followed their voices.

"I'm just saying lad, she knew and I was wondering if," Donald cut him off.

"How do I know it wasn't you?" Donald seemed bitter. There was a moment of silence. I could see their reflection in the plane's window. Donald knew he had hurt his Uncle and took a step back but didn't lower his guard.

"Would one of the boys have mentioned her?" Scrooge asked with a pleading look.

"No," Donald sounded defensive, then it changed to defeat. "They barely talk about her to me."

I realized they were talking about Della. I bit my lip. I should've been more careful. I hadn't mentioned I knew about her.

"Are you sure?" I know what Scrooge was doing. He was making sure I hadn't happened upon her. I had been in the house for weeks and hadn't found anything of Della's.

"I'm sure." Donald all but screamed. He was mad. He huffed off and mumbled, "Crazy old bird."

I heard footsteps heading towards me. I hid and let him pass. I waited and looked around the corner at Scrooge. He was talking to himself now.

"She knows where she is," he said with false confidence to his reflection before shaking his head. "No, she would have told me."

Then he walked off in the opposite direction. I snuck back to my spot and place Webby back in my lap.

I either needed to come clean or be more careful.

Word Count 5613

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

10.3K 409 32
Book Two 1/2!! Scrooge x reader/OC - (female pronouns) Scrooge's life has been one wild ride but one person that has keep him sane, ___(Y/N)___. One...
12.1K 227 16
After a particularly boring day at the Bin, Scrooge finds himself looking after three pre-teen boys who happen to be his nephews. Great, just what he...
4.3K 130 21
I ended up in DuckTales in the weirdest way possible! Even more bizarre things happen when I find out I have a life there! About three episodes equal...
3.8K 106 15
__________________ ♡︎~A Ducktales Season 1 Rewrite~♡︎ Selene Duck lives a very normal life. She has a good friend group and decent grades. She lives...