Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
4| Everybody Needs Somebody
5| Untamed
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
29| Letting It All Go
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
58| Communicate It
59| Trust The Process
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

25| We're Doing This Again?

22.3K 1.3K 1.2K
By InkD_Roses

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

In a state of arousal, Bradley could feel her toes curl and her lungs cache up, leaving her breathless.

6 AM.

Many were asleep, others were just starting their day. Bradley and Rashad on the other hand, were up like two energizer bunnies colliding bodies with each other. Sex was always lit for them, but this morning was some special occasion sex. In honor of Allure reopening today, Rashad was gifting Bradley with some congratulatory dick.

"I love you so much," Bradley shudders out as Rashad dug into her core. They were both sitting up, Bradley was latched around his shaft perfectly. Their body's rocked together in titillation while moans escaped from the both of them.

They both could feel their peaks near and before they knew it, they were both convulsing under each other's touch.

Out of breath and in a daze, their bodies landed onto the bed. They stared at each other with light smiles on their faces. "I love you too," Rashad told her while brushing some hair that had fallen carelessly, out of her face.

After a light kiss, Rashad and Bradley found themselves desperate to at least catch two more hours of sleep. Once their alarm blared into their ears, they immediately began regretting their illicit affairs at 4 AM through 6 AM.

Bradley was definitely tired but with the excitement of the shop coming back into business today, she brushed off the feeling of sleep.

Unlike Bradley, Rashad didn't get up with ease. He tried to catch way more sleep than he could've, but failed miserably when he heard the loud sound of Polo G's and Lil TJay's song Pop Out.  Bradley stood in the bathroom mirror in just her undergarments, using her flat iron as a mic to rap every lyric to the song.

Getting up from the bed, Rashad made his way over to the bathroom and relieved himself while Bradley hyped her morning up to be a good one.

"You way too much of an early bird," Rashad muttered while taking a towel out of the bathroom's closet. He knew he was about to agitate her by not going to use the other bathroom while she occupied this one, but he didn't care. He started himself a shower just so Bradley could groan.

"I know you see me in here having the time of my life," Bradley rolled her eyes just as Rashad got into the shower.

Rashad chuckled as he let the shower drench his bare body. "Bradley get out,"

Pausing her music with a melodramatic gasp, she set the flat iron down. "Boy this is my bathroom, how are you gonna tell me to get out?"

"I just did," He shrugged his shoulders playfully.

Nodding her head, Bradley gathered all of the things from her bedroom bathroom, exiting to go to the second bathroom of her condo. She made sure to turn off the light while she was at it. "Bradley c'mon, turn on the light! Y'know I hate the dark!" He called after her.

"I hope Micheal Myers snatch your scary ass up!" Bradley teased with an overly amused cackle.

After an hour or so, Bradley and Rashad were somewhat ready for the day. They were still scrambling around trying to get things together, but they knew they would be able to leave the condo to get to the salon at the right time. "Babe do you know where my keys are?" Bradley asked him as she scurried around the condo in search for them.

Rashad held up the keys with a smirk. Bradley was relieved. Approaching him, she reached for them only for Rashad to lift his arm up higher, preventing her of attaining the keys. "Shad you play too much, c'mon we're about to be late,"

Sighing, Rashad handed her the keys. "See, I thought blondes have more fun. Turns out—I was wrong. You still the same ole lame ass Bradley," He poked fun at her knew exotic hair color. Bradley had let boredom strike and now she had went blonde. The hair style was only temporary, but Rashad was begging for it to never leave. Bradley looked damn good in the color. At this point, Bradley could do no wrong.

"Lame ass Bradley just had you moaning I love you just a second ago," Bradley reminded him with an arrogant smirk on her face.

Rashad scoffed. "I say that to all my girls,"

Bradley's eyebrow raised in a challenging manner. Her once light and dandy mood disappeared immediately as she folded her arms across her chest, and a scowl formed onto her face. "Rashad don't play with me,"

"I'm playing, damn," He laughed. "You wouldn't be able handle competition anyway," He smirked, still deciding to press her buttons.

Swinging her balled up fist, she impacted Rashad with a punch to his arm. "You really get on my nerves,"

Wincing in pain due to the punch, Rashad looked down at her crazy. "And your ass really need to get in somebody boxing ring. Extra built ass," He mumbled while rubbing the arm she had punched.

"I'll meet you down stairs," She shook her head realizing she was getting no where with him being childish. Rashad could go all day. He was that childish and comical.

Bradley ended up making it down to the parking lot before Rashad did. Bradley didn't leave until she saw Rashad come down from the condo and get into his truck.

Like competitive kids, the two raced to see who could get to Allure first. Since Bradley's car was smaller, it could maneuver through traffic better so she arrived before him.

"Cheating ass," Rashad mumbled as he helped get her bags out of her car.

Bradley laughed. "Ain't nobody tell you to get that big ass truck,"

Scoffing, he eyed her as she led the way to the shop. "You like my big ass truck just like you like my big ass d—"

"Rashad seriously, what's wrong with you today?" Bradley quickly interjected while he laughed obnoxiously.

Figuring that he wouldn't give her a response without saying something stupid, she entered the shop with him to follow.

"We're back! We're back! We're back!" Georgia skipped around the shop basking in it. They had been away for two long months and it felt great to finally be back.

"Girl sit down," Alta snapped at her like usual.

Bradley was pleased to see that everyone was in uniform—even Astel. Plus, everyone was on time too.

She couldn't contain the smile that broke out onto her face. Bradley missed this. She missed walking into the shop to Usiah and the ladies. She missed Alta snapping at Georgia for being too happy. She missed Rome telling her nasty, yet steamy sex stories. She missed the controversial conversations Cinney would start. She missed Usiah threatening to fight each and every one of them if they came in with a bad attitude. Hell—she even missed Posh and Astel going back and forth occasionally.

She just missed the entire atmosphere and vibe of Allure. Bradley was happy to see that she wasn't the only one who felt that way as well.

"Alta don't start with your shit now, I been teaching Georgia how to bat the fuck outta hoes, so watch how you come for my friend," Posh cackled as she set up her booth to her liking.

Rashad set all of Bradley's bags down next to her booth with a shake of his head. "I really feel bad for the new girl , gotta deal with y'all wild animals," Bradley and Usiah spent the last days of waiting on Allure to interview some potential candidates for a new receptionist. Usiah and Bradley felt like the new receptionist was a great addition, but they knew their staff wasn't too inviting—especially Posh and Astel.

"Why you didn't just hire Uncle Shad as the receptionist? You know he's here day in and day out," Cinney teased

Rashad looked at her crazy. "Y'all do know I got a job right, like a real one?" He clarified for them.

They all looked at him before gasping in shock. Everyone knew Rashad had to have been doing something to be living how he was living, but once they all got to know him, they cut dealing drugs out of the picture—even Posh. At this point, everyone just sided with the fact that he was just some wealthy kid.

"So what is it that you do Uncle Shad?" Posh asked, being her nosy self. Posh was considered the FBI friend. She was snoopy and wanted to know everything. While doing whatever she called herself doing with Duke, she was beginning to spot some red flags. Duke and Rashad were just together at off times of the night. Duke always claimed he was going out with Rashad, but she knew Duke's swag by now. He was not about to go out in no jewelry and sometimes without a damn haircut. Since Posh didn't consider herself Duke's girlfriend, she never asked him to clear up her speculations. She rather find out on her own than to press him about. Posh wouldn't know how to feel if he checked her about being invasive and she wasn't even his girlfriend.

In response to Posh's question, Rashad pointed at Bradley with a smirk on his face. Once everyone noticed the notion they all playfully scrunched up while Rashad doubles over in laughter. Bradley rolled her eyes not knowing why they took him serious in the first place.

His laughter simmered down before he spoke again. "I gotta go," He announced. "Y'all have a good day," He told them all as her pulled Bradley into a hug.

"Bye babe," Bradley kisses his soft lips before ridding the transfer of her lip stain.

"Bye, text me if you need anything," He kissed her once more before he started heading for the door.

"Bye Uncle Shad," Usiah and the ladies all said in unison.

With a chuckle, Rashad waved them goodbye before exiting the shop.

"So I'm guessing you ain't told him yet?" Usiah shook his head shaming Bradley.

Bradley let out a sigh. "Listen, I'm working on it, I swear," Bradley definitely was lying. Guilt was still beating her ass because as much as she wanted to tell Rashad, she never found the courage. At the moment, Rashad seemed so happy with her. She had just moved Israel things out of the condo so things were looking up for them. Bradley just didn't want to ruin all of that. She knew she was dead wrong, but she scared.

"In translation, that means you have not tried to even get it out yet," Georgia shook her head as well.

"What have we been missing?" Rome budded in trying to figure out what the hell the were talking about. Alta, Cinney, and Astel followed in suit since they were completely lost as well. Bradley didn't want to say too much so she kept it short. "Rashad doesn't really know I went to visit Israel's family," She summarized.

"Girl if you don't tell that damn man and get it over with," Rome waved Bradley off.

"It is not as easy as it looks, but I'll do it today since I know you all won't get off my back until I do so," Rashad has made plans with Bradley to go out after she closed up the shop today. It was just going to be the both of them celebrating the reopening of the shop. Bradley didn't know why but she felt like if she told Rashad while they were out, she would get less of a reaction out of him. Rashad wasn't going to act crazy in public, considering who he was and what family he was linked to. By the time they got back to the condo, he shouldn't be raging in too much anger—at least she hoped. She knew her logic sounded pretty dumb, but that was the only way she would get the slightest amount of courage to tell him.

Usiah and the ladies decided to let Bradley's issues go to rest and finished setting up. The doors of Allure chimed as it was pulled one. They all casted their attention to who was coming in. "Welcome to Allure," All the ladies greeted aside from Bradley and Usiah.

In a timid and flustered manner, the girl waved at them. "You guys, this is our new receptionist, Ahjee," Usiah announced with to the rest of the ladies as he walked from behind his booth to go greet Ahjee with a polite hug, Bradley did the same.

Ahjee was gorgeous. She had a golden touch to her and seemed to be glowing constantly. She was very soft spoken and had the baby face to match.

Bradley and Usiah went around the salon introducing Ahjee to the rest of the ladies. Although the veterans weren't to open to meeting new people, they played nice.

It seemed like in a blink of an eye, Allure filled up. It was a bit over wheeling but Usiah and the ladies made the best of it. The vibe was great and the shop was just filled with amazing energy and high spirits. Usiah and the ladies made their clients feel right at home, like they always did.

At the moment, the topic of men was being discussed within the salon and had everyone in a heated debate. "So you mean to tell me if you find your dream man, you're gonna let him go because he has kids?" Cinney asked Posh for clarification.

Posh nodded her head confidently. "You damn right, I don't have the time or the patience to be dealing with baby mama's still hung up over my man. Although I know I'm gonna be a complete upgrade from the last, I still feel like I'm gonna have the beat the bitch up to show her she could never have my man," Posh argued. Posh currently had the entire shop in an uproar because she stated that she could never date a man with kids. Everyone else felt like they could make the exception if they felt like the man was right for them.

"But sis, what does the kids have to do with being with him? Just stay out the way and you won't have no issues," Rome commented, adding her thoughts.

Once again Posh refuted against her argument. "Don't get me wrong, I would have nothing against the child, I just personally could never do it. Baby mamas always feel like they have the upper hand and try to use the kids as their way to get what the fuck they want. I'm not with that at all. Not only would I have to beat her ass, then I'll have to beat that nigga ass for choosing that bitch to have kids with. And don't get me started if the nigga has multiple baby mamas," Posh continued to support her argument.

"I've done it before with Israel, him having kids wasn't really an issue though," Bradley shrugged piping in. She had been doing that the entire duration of the argument. She'll say her little comments here and there then duck off.

Posh turned her lip up at Bradley. "Him having the kids is never the problem, it's the gnat-gnats he chose to lay with," Posh rolled her eyes.

"I mean my situation wasn't too bad," Bradley added.

"Sis don't even," Usiah held her hand up at Bradley to stop her. "How many times you had to fold Israel's trifling ass baby mama?"

Bradley laughed before she let a light shrug roll off of her shoulders. "I mean—nothing but five time—but that's only because she thought it was cute to come to my job,"

"See if a bitch come in here claiming I'm fucking on their baby daddy, I'm gonna have no choice but to knock her ass out," Posh shrugged carelessly.

"That's all you've been talking about, beating someone up. Can you ever just talk it out?" Georgia shook her head while cleaning her client's face off from the facial she had just given her.

Posh scoffed. "Why should I talk anything out with a female who just wants to disrespect me? I'm the real life definition of all my life I had to fight," Posh waved Georgia off all the while sending the entire shop into hysterical fits of laughter.

"Posh get on my damn nerves. Clearly all she wanna do is body bitches," Rome laughed with a shake of her head.

Posh nodded her head yes. "You damn right,"

Finishing ups her client's silk press, Bradley glanced away for a second as her attention was grapes by the door. "Welcome to Allure," Everyone else greeted, not noticing it was Rashad who was returning after a couple hours.

"Hey Uncle Shad," They all rejoiced together once they realized it was him instead of a client.

"Okay y'all really have to stop calling me that," Rashad chuckled as he walked over to Bradley's booth.

"Why should we? It fits," Alta laughed.

Bradley accepted the payment from her client before substituting her for another young girl who wanted a frontal sew in installation. "You're back early," Bradley eyes Rashad as he propped himself against her booth.

He nodded. "Yeah, I just helped my dad plan the charity basketball event," He told her while scrolling through his phone.

"And when is that set to happen?" Bradley asked him.

"The 23rd," He replied.

Bradley stopped taking down her client's hair and turned to face him. He could sense her eyes on him so he stopped typing away on his phone and looked up at her.

"What?" He was oblivious to why she was giving him that look.

Bradley sighed. "Did you forget we were supposed to go to Houston around that time," Bradley had already made arrangements to fly out to Houston to visit her so called family. She had informed Genovah about coming down and the dates had already been confirmed. She knew that Rashad didn't purposely double book himself, but she wished he remembered.

Rashad palmed himself in the face. "Damn, I forgot about that. I'll just come in a day later," He improvised.

Bradley had no intentions on being alone for a day. She knew he family would take full advantage to go on attack mode. Since she really had no choice, Bradley just nodded her head accepting the new plan.

"Welcome to Allure, They all greeted at the sound of the door again.

Bradley was getting ready to take her client to the wash area before she heard, "Houston, you lied to me."

In confusion, Bradley turned around and was met with Sincere who had a slight smirk on his face. At the sight of him, it finally clicked in Bradley's mind what Sincere was referring to. She had agreed to take him and the boys out to lunch today not realizing that she had a whole work day ahead of her.

Sincere was really persistent and one to try. He knew Bradley was giving him the run around, but he wasn't going to make it easy for her. At the end of the day, he cared for her like a sister and didn't want to loose contact with her again. It was cool that she had a new life she was living, but he just wanted to ensure that another 3 yers wouldn't bypass without seeing or speaking to her again.

"Georgia can you wash her up for me?" Bradley handed her client's off to Georgia so she could go speak to Sincere.

Turning to Sincere, Bradley could feel Rashad's eyes on both of them. "Hey Sincere," Bradley laughed, she was trying her best to keep her nerves at bay.

"Don't hey Sincere me, Houston. You left me hanging," He playfully scolded.

Bradley shifted her eyes from Sincere to Rashad. He was now seated in her chair eyeing her back. He didn't seem upset by anything, he just wanted to know what was up. Sincere was someone he had never met nor heard of, so he was wondering what plans he had with Bradley.

Focusing back to Sincere, Bradley apologized. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot that my shop was opening back up today," Sincere didn't believe a word Bradley was saying. Once again, she was giving him the run around.

"Heard you," Sincere nodded his head. It was evident that he wasn't too sold on what she was telling him. "What you doing after this?"

Once again, Bradley turned to glance at Rashad before replying to Sincere. "I'm actually going out with my boyfriend tonight. I'm free Saturday if you guys would like,"

Sincere let out a slight chuckle before he too glanced over to Rashad. For some reason, Sincere felt like Bradley was getting restricted. Her demeanor wasn't the same and the only difference now was that Rashad was around. Sincere didn't want to overstep his boundaries, but he had always been protective of Bradley, so had Drake, and Sway. Sincere was hoping and praying that Rashad wasn't doing anything that would write him off to get checked. "Just hit me when you off your leash," With that, Sincere exited the shop.

Bradley was definitely offended. She wanted to prove to Sincere that she damn sure wasn't on a leash, but she was at her place of business.

Taking in a deep breath of courage Bradley, walked back over to her booth. Rashad neither looked upset or happy. She wasn't sure what Rashad was thinking. Before Bradley could even get anything out, Rashad stood up. "We gotta talk," He said in a low voice so it could only be heard by her.

"I have to get with my clients babe," Bradley tried her best to swindle herself out of the talk.

"Now," Rashad says before walking off, by passing the waiting area and heading to the back room.

Usiah who was taking care of Bradley's client gave her a reassuring look. "I got you girl," He told her, referring to her clients.

Bradley thanked him before following the path Rashad had taken to the back. Down the hall, Bradley could see Rashad leaned against the wall awaiting for her. Once she got to him, he held the door open so she could enter. He shut the door behind them both before he let out a sigh.

At this point, Rashad was lost as hell. He wasn't too worried about Sincere until he made the remark about Bradley being on a leash. Sincere wouldn't have said that if Bradley wasn't giving him reasons to suspect it. Rashad wasn't controlling at all, he never wanted him and Bradley's relationship to be based on orders. He had only made one slip up, ordering Bradley not to go visit Israel's family and that was only because he felt like it would affect their relationship. Aside from that, he trusted Bradley and didn't feel the need to be invasive and demanding.

Bradley desperately wanted to just fast forward this moment. She hated when Rashad was upset with her and in this situation, she couldn't even blame him.

"C'mon Brad, you gotta be playing,"Rashad shook his head.

Bradley's eyes instantly gravitated down to her feet. His tone wasn't light and happy like it was before, it more so skewed towards frustration. "I know your mad,"

"Mad? I don't even know what I should be mad about. I don't know who that dude is, nor do I know what y'all have going on," Rashad shrugged his shoulders. "I just need an explanation then I'm out of here,"

"He's an old friend," Bradley said to him clarifying who Sincere was.

Rashad ran a hand down his face in a stressed out manner. "That's all you got?"He raised a brow. "That man just threw a fit because y'all couldn't link and you think I'm gonna fall for him just being an old friend?" His face contorted in a scowl. Now he was upset. He felt like he was getting lied to and that was something he hated.

"Rashad what more do you want me to say? He really is an old friend that was looking forward to catching up. I swear it's not what you think," Bradley said to him. Her tone sounded a bit pleading, almost as if she, herself didn't believe what was coming out her mouth.

Taking a seat, Rashad looked up at her. His eyes were dull and seemed to have been drained from all emotion. "Close friend from when and where?"

Fiddling with her fingers, Bradley tried her best to keep up with eye contact. The more she looked into his eyes, the more he could see that she was actually telling the truth.

"When I moved to New Orleans from Houston, I met Israel and he introduced me to his friends," Bradley remained brutally honest.

"We doing this again Brad? Like c'mon," Rashad shook his head. Rashad thought this Israel situation was beginning to be behind them. Bradley had took initiative of cleaning out the second room, but still seemed to be trapped into it.

It was beginning to become straining, however this is what Rashad chose to deal with. "Rashad, we're not doing anything again, I promise," Instead of taking a seat across from him on the other chair, Bradley opted on taking a seat onto the small coffee table to be closer to him. Bradley just wanted Rashad to know that she was trying. Whether her efforts were big or small, she was trying and that's all that really mattered.

"He the one that's been texting you nonstop?" Rashad had only asked Bradley about the text once, he didn't press the issue because he trusted her. Now hearing the little sly remark sincere made had Rashad wondering.

Bradley nodded her head in response to Rashad's question. Reaching into her pocket, Bradley extracted her phone and handed it to Rashad so he could see for himself. "Bradley that's not even in my character," He handed her back her phone. Rashad would never stoop that low to go through Bradley's phone, that wasn't the type of guy he was.

"I know, but maybe—"

Rashad interjected. "Maybe nothing. Me going through your phone isn't gonna solve the fact that this dude is comfortable enough to say sly shit about you being on some damn leash," Rashad wasn't sure which part he was more pissed about. The fact that Sincere and Bradley had plans, or the whack ass comment Sincere made.

"That's just how Sincere is," Bradley brushed it off.

Rashad shook his head not trying to hear the excuses she was bound to make for Sincere's behavior. "Maybe that's how he was in you and Israel's relationship, but that's not how he's gonna be in ours,"

Pursing her lips, Bradley nodded her head clarifying that she understood. "Got it,"

Rashad eyed her for a second before scoffing and standing up. "Glad we're on the same page," He said to her before exiting the room. Rashad decided to take the back door out, simply because he didn't want to deal with anyone right now.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

Rashad silenced the engine to his truck once he was correctly parked. Checking the time on the clock, he knew Bradley was ending her day at the shop. How things were looking right now, he didn't really want to be in the vicinity of her.

Rashad just needed to get himself together. Bradley had been on a streak of pissing him off in the last two weeks so he knew it would serve him absolutely nothing if he went to her place as an escape. His crib simply wasn't an option since he knew he would bore himself to death and ultimately end up thinking if Bradley. With him not being on speaking terms with Duke, he didn't even attempt to reach out. He was on his own now, so he went to the same spot he would always go to when his life was shifting like such.

Exiting his truck, he turned his phone off simultaneously. He didn't want to get any text or phone calls from Bradley, he just needed a few hours away from her.

Making his way up the pathway to the door, Rashad applied his finger onto the doorbell. He took a step back before the door was open. "Damn," He sighed out once he noticed the door was opened by the person he wasn't there for. "Nana isn't here?" He asked with both hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

"No, you just missed her," Airyn smiled lightly. Airyn was the grand-daughter to Nana's child hood friend. Brandon has moved Nana into this big house and with Nana no longer being with Rashad's grandfather, she was often alone. Nana moves Airyn in for not only some companionship, but also a sense of security. Nana had a few health issues that caused living alone to be a risk so Airyn was honestly a life saver.

Rashad never really had much conversation with Airyn, but they had history—a whole lot of it.

"Oh I'll just come back some other time," Rashad was on the verge of turning back to his truck, but Airyn stopped her.

"She didn't go too far, you can come in and wait if you would like," Airyn offered, stepping aside alluding that he could come in.

Rashad shot her a reluctant look. "I don't think that's a good idea, especially since we've—"

Airyn interrupted Rashad with a chuckle. "Slept together?" She finished Rashad's statement. "It's alright, I won't make it awkward if you won't,"

Rashad let out a sigh before agreeing. He entered the home, Airyn shut the door behind them both. Being that Rashad has been to Nana's house a slew of times, he made his way to the front room. He took a seat in the couch where he began taking off his jacket.

To keep him company, reclaimed the seat she had taken on the recliner. "What you watching?" Rashad asked motioning to the television that was set on pause. "Well I was supposed to be binge watching Grey's Anatomy, but I got distracted by these assignments I'm supposed to be grading," Airyn chuckled as she flipped through the stack of assignments. She was an elementary school teacher that enjoyed what she did.

"Teacher duties huh,"Rashad laughed a bit.

Airyn nodded. "They never stop, even when the students are on break,"

"Anything I can help with?" Rashad asked trying his best to kill time.

Airyn eyed the second untouched stack of assignments. "You think you can handle some long division?" She smirked.

Rashad jokingly scratched the back of his head. "I know I dropped out of college, but I think I can handle some long division," Rashad assured while holding his hand out for a portion of the papers.

Airyn chuckled before handing Rashad half of the stack along with a red pen. The two grades palates together while she caught Rashad up on Grey's Anatomy. The show instantly made him think of Bradley since she had just accomplished her long time goal of screening it from beginning to end. He didn't get the hype about it, but how Airyn was explaining he now understood how his girl was so sprung over it .

"So what bring you by today? You're usually a phone call type of guy," Airyn chuckled. Rashad had definitely let up from stopping by his grandmother's home. He just wanted to be mindful. Airyn was the last person Rashad had sex with since he got with Bradley. It was just awkward for him. At the moment, Rashad honestly felt like he had no business being here, especially since Nana wasn't present, but Airyn wasn't being awkward about anything.

Rashad let out a deep sigh. Airyn's question quickly reverted his mind to Bradley. "Woman," He kept his response short and simple.

"Oh, so you have a girlfriend?" Airyn not once took her eyes off if the paper she was grading. Her tone seemed to hold a bit of disbelief in it.

Rashad nodded her head. "Yeah. Kinda in this one for the long run," Rashad smiled lightly at the thought of his future with Bradley. Even though she got on my last nerve, she made him the happiest soul ever.

Finally, Airyn disbanded her brown orbs from the papers and averted them to Rashad. Her brow was raised as if she were about to question the sincerity of Rashad's statement. "You said that about Rayven," It was no secret that Rashad wore his heart exposed on his sleeve, that's just who he was. Although he's only been in three relationships (Bradley included) Airyn could recall him saying the same thing for all of them.

Rashad licked his lips as he made eye contact with Airyn. She wasn't trying to come off as a naysayer or be disrespectful, she just wanted to know if the new relationship truly held weight. Rashad had sex with her during his relationship with Rayven, and even while he was with the girl before Rayven—Kenza.  Airyn seemed to shut down her own doubts since it's been a complete nine months since Rashad was inside of her. "And I'll say it again about me and my new girl. Not the type to manifest an end to relationships that make me happy," Rashad set Airyn straight.

"Then why are you seeking advice if your relationships is making you happy?" Airyn questioned with her face screwed up in slight confusion.

Rashad didn't know it was a crime to seek advice to better his relationship. "Not really your concern since I'm not in a relationship with you, nor am I fucking you," Rashad spat at her. He set the stack of papers she appointed to him down onto the coffee table before standing up and gathering his things. He glanced at her face and noticed that she was at at lost by his sudden response.

As he put on his jacket, he could overhear her clear her throat. "I'm sorry," She let out an apology. She realized that she overstepped her boundaries. This was one of the few times the two even held conversation without sex being a main factor and she came fucking it up by her being invasive.

Rashad shook his head. "Nah you good," He assured her. "I shouldn't have been here long enough to let you question anything, honestly. My happy relationship don't really need your negativity," Rashad scoffed. Airyn was completely speechless. Rashad was usually so nice and soft spoken. Airyn knew this relationship was definitely different if he got so heated just off of her questions.

Before she could think to say anything else, Rashad was already out of the house and  heading to his truck. Once he was in his vehicle, he let out a deep breath. He started the truck and began to pull off. Airyn seemed to just add to the drama and piss Rashad off even more. Even though he and Bradley's relationship is going through small bumps in the road, Rashad would never allow someone to question what they had going on—especially a women he use to have casual sex with. He wasn't sure what possessed Airyn to even make stupid remarks and questions like that, but he was pleased by the way she was left with absolutely nothing to say after he set her straight.

Left with no other escape, Rashad decided to just go to his place. The last time he was there was to just make sure things were good and for him to grab some clothes and shoes.

Due to Nana's house not being too far away, Rashad got to his apartment in a nick of time. Parking his truck, he let out a light chuckle at the sight of Bradley's Audi. Although he didn't want to be around her at the moment, it was nice to see that she was making the same efforts he would make if the shoe was on the other foot.

Getting out of his truck, Rashad went up the stairs of his apartment before using his key to enter.

Looking around, he caught no sight of Bradley. Locking up behind him, Rashad kicked off his shoes before descending towards his bedroom. There, Bradley laid in the bed. "What you doing here?" Rashad continued to play hard.

Bradley stared as he began taking off his jacket and shirt. " I knew you weren't coming over and you promised to never let me sleep alone," She said in her soft voice.

Rashad rolled his eyes. "You childish,"

"I know, but I've grown accustomed to you being in my bed," Bradley stuck her bottom lip out.

Rashad stood at the end of the bed eyeing her. He was trying his hardest not to crack under her soft eyes and pouty lips. She stared at him a little while lounger before batting her eyelashes. Rashad convulsed in a smile. "Farrah, you can't just think you can come sweet talk me," He mocked her.

"I'm not, I promise. I want to apologize for what happened back at the shop, it won't happen again," She assured him. Bradley had a talk with Sincere and told him what he did wasn't okay. He apologized to her and even extended his apology over to Rashad.

"I accept your apology," Rashad nodded.

"I do want to tell you something though," Bradley sighed out. It was evident that the plans they had for the night had been canceled due to what happened back at the shop. After getting some words of encouragement from Georgia, Bradley felt like it was long overdue.

Taking a seat on the bed, Rashad looked her in the eyes. "What's up?"

"I did something really bad that you're gonna hate me for," She stringed along.

Rashad let out a chuckle. "Bradley I know you went to go visit Israel's people,"

A blank expression arose onto Bradley's face. Him saying that was the last thing she expected. He didn't even seem upset. "How'd you know?" Bradley cleared her throat.

"Georgia told me the day you went. She explained why you needed to go and I understand now. You going, helped you gain closure," Bradley's excuse of hanging with Georgia didn't go as she expected. Georgia was nothing like Posh, if it was wrong she wouldn't cover for Bradley. Since the day of Israel's birthday, Georgia dent Rashad a long text message explaining to Rashad that Bradley actually did end up going and why she needed to go to progress her healing process.

When Rashad got the text he was heated. He wanted to call Bradley and tell her how much he didn't appreciate her going after he expressed why he didn't want her going. After much thought though, he realized he was being selfish and inconsiderate. He let the whole situation slide, no longer feeling the need to be hostile and against it.

"So you knew the whole time?" Bradley hiked up her brow.

Nodding, Rashad let out another chuckle. "Yeah. I was just waiting to see how long you was gone keep it away from me,"

"I'm sorry I took so long to tell you," She apologized to him.

"I appreciate the apology, but I was wrong too. Obviously you needed it more than I thought you did," Rashad was glad that Bradley stood defiant against his orders. Her going, proved her resilience to actually mourn and get over Israel, the right way.

Sticking out her pinky, Bradley initiated a promise. "From here on out, nothing more about Israel," Rashad hooked his pinky with Bradley's, sealing the promise. "Solely focusing on us," Bradley puckered her lips. Rashad met her half way, granting her a kiss.

"I want a baby," Rashad blurted out with a hopeful smile.

Bradley smirked. "And I want a ring," She showcased her empty ring finger.

Rashad licked his lips before nodding his head taking mental note of it. "I can arrange something along those lines," He shrugged his shoulders as if it were no big deal.

Bradley laughed. "So can I,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 23.8K 44
After earning a scholarship at the country's top boarding school, Y/N thinks she can change her shy, secluded, nerdy self to what she wishes she coul...
3.5K 46 51
You live in a small town with your parents and your brother. You later realize that you have a crush on your best friend. Read to find out what happe...
7.6K 335 37
Sexy heartthrob Isabelle Anderson comes face to face with her childhood crush Jaycey Davins and wholeheartedly devotes herself to risking her relatio...
408K 12.3K 30
Jaelynn from Harlem moves to New Orleans where she meets her next door neighbor August. August is a typical trouble maker but has better intentions f...