Fallen

By fatimah_ABM

Sacrificial love was what seemed to be the only choice for Basmah, for her cousin with nothing but the family... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16. Leap In Time
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37
chapter 38
Epilogue.

chapter 28

1.3K 195 15
By fatimah_ABM

Basmahs POV.

30 minutes later Jamal and Taheer arrived, i was frowing all through the previous minutes when my conversation with Taheer and Jamal kept coming to my head that my Mom had to ask if something was wrong and I had to lie to tell her that i was only exhausted.

Ya Juhaifa was the one home so he welcomed them in while I looked for any excuse to stay in the kitchen even though i know i eventually have to face reality, My phone beeped a text so i peeped.

"My eyes are sore already from wandering around in hopes of sighting you, where are you?"

I replied "In your dreams😗"

"I know Taheer is a scum don't mind him I just want to see whats mine. 💕 Please love..."

"Am not yours 🙄, i might be yours😏"

I replied and put my phone on silent. My mum is in the kitchen so i dare not blush but damn i did, i had to bite my lips to stop a grin from spreading all over my face.

"Better stop that smiling, yaran yanzu ba kunya" Maa said. I buried my face in my palms to avoid embarrassing myself. A minute later Ya Juhaifa walked in to inform us of what we already know except Mom that didnt know he came along with Taheer.

"Basmah do they know each other?" Mum questioned.

"Yes ma, they are cousins" I meekly answered.

"And your so called besty is okay with it?"

"why wouldn't he be, mom he's practically engaged" i answered

My mother just oh-ed before i was forcefully pushed out to meet my guests.
I walked with my head down with every step hoping the ground will open up and swallow me i know its just Jamal but its Jamal meeting my family duh! I stopped at the mirror just before the sitting room to see me donned in my peach Atampa Peplum and skirt, i adjusted my black veil before i salammed my way into the living room avoiding any sort of eye contact with Jamal, but made sure i death glared Taheer which in return he grinned. I sat on the couch opposite them before raising my head to meet my guests.

He smiled "salam alaiki"

I answered his salam and took in his look, wearing a Navy blue jumper with golden embroidery and a blue zanna bukar accessorizing his head. He was oozing perfume while i silently inhaled wanting to sniff more of him but made sure to keep a straight face so he will understand am still angry. Even though the text he sent minutes ago simmered me down but i am a girl for a reason.

"How are you" he asked, as if we didn't just talk an hour ago.

"Am fine, how are you" cupids victim asked

"Am now well" Jamal answered holding my eyes in his for a few seconds.

"So you won't even acknowledge my presence?" Taheer asked and i replied with a glare.

"You are not even suppose to be here, how is Umma?" I asked him anyway, you can't just stay angry for too long at Taheer he will just crawl his way up to make you smile.

"You wont ask how i am still? Umma is fine, and am also fine, she sends her regards also"

After a few minutes of chit chatting i went to call Mum in and to avoid any sort of embarrassment from my Maa i left to get refreshments as an excuse to leave the parlour.
After i was done setting the dishes i catapulted to my room leaving them to their awkwardness. Ya Juhaifa is also with them and Ya Adnan might join them if he comes back so better loosen up. Ya Juhaifa and Taheer are pretty good freinds so it should not be all over awkward.

I sprawled myself on my rug and dialed Maryams' number after flinging my veil on the bed.

"Yo babe"

"Hey! How are you, good thing you called am here with Hauwa aswell, you didn't tell me she is seeing your brother biatch!" she blabbered after two rings

"I knew youll find out anyway so i didn't bother anyways, guys am seeing someone"

"Say what..? Wait you said you getting married since when did you have a boyfreind!?"

"Lord Maryam! Nooo, well yes.. but not yet! Since when did i have a boyfreind? Uhmm.. two weeks ago..? Well long story imma tell you guys when we meet, where is the Hauwa?"

"Here.."

"So enchantress what did you do my brother that he is always on the phone?"

"Hehe.. what women do. I charmed him" she sounded happy thats a good sign

"Have you told him about, that one?"

"You mean Hamza? Well i told him but not everything and he seemed well okay with it"

"Then cool, but seriously i hope you really moving on and not playing with my brother? I know his a big pain in my behind but hes still my brother you know.."

"Basmah, just expect a freaking wedding cause i think im in love"

We conversed about everything and nothing with my mind still on what is transpiring in my sitting room. 30 minutes later i ended the call wondering what is taking them long that no one came to call me yet.

I gently opened the door to my room only to hear the sound of my mothers laughter resonating. That being a positive sign i curiously made my way downstairs only to see Jamal with a photo album that am very sure its mine. Jamal noticed me and wiggled his eyebrows while smiling so damn evily while i wished to disappear, how could mum do this! I should probably just run. I noticed that ya Adnan joined them but wasn't that entertained with them as he kept glaring at Jamal. My mother excused herself to the kitchen and when she saw me on the staircase she motioned for me to follow her and i did.

"This your husband seems nice, i like him" my moms words after we were in the kitchen, whose husband?

"Mum what?" I asked a bit surprised, its not like i was expecting her to hate him but didn't think she'll say it out loud ya know..

"I like him i said, or dont you?" If my mother wasnt Nigerian ill answer that question straight away but Ill be darned if i did so i kept shut. My mother looked at me adorably but didn't say a word. After that silence prevailed with my thoughts going wild.

"Looks like your mother wouldn't mind me as her son in law" Jamal said as i was walking him to his car. They are leaving and Taheer is discussing i don't care what with ya juhaifa

"Yeah she might not mind" i agreed with him. I haven't been this happy in a long time i had to admit i just felt peace all around

"Hey where is Arfa? She came across to my mind when i saw your pictures in that album" Jamal asked as if there was no tension.

Dear Jamal you had to spoil the moment "Shes in the states with her brother, she should be done with her studies next month i think. We dont talk much now so i dont really know" i answered honestly i cant even remember the last time we talked, i just know that her brother calls Mum once in a while

"Ohh ohk" he remained silent after that playing with his car keys.

I had alot on my mind while thinking aswell what was Jamal thinking of. Out of nowhere Jamal took my hand into his, hw put a tiny box in it and closed in in my hand and still held my hand.

"Jamal My brother is right behind you, what did you put in my hand?"

"Why should i care we were just approved by your family. Find out yourself" he said nonchalantly with a faint smile on his face.

"Ohkay. Its still illegal though" i smiled at the warmth from his Big baby hands.

"So goodnight then J guy" i said after Jamal let go of my hand and i played with the soft suede box in my hands. "And you greet Umma only" i turned to Taheer

"Yeah whatever" he answered before shutting the car door.

"Goodnight babes, ill call you when i get home" he got in his car waved goodbye and winked.

I sauntered back into the house and formed a perpendicular line to my bedroom to avoid meeting any of the family members. I jumped on my bed grabbed my pillow and squeaked like a freaking mice. After i was done realising i am and adult and have to behave like one, i opened the box i was given to be met with the most beautiful ring ive ever seen. A silver ring with tiny embedded crystal stones simple, elegant. I slid it into my ring finger and it fit perfectly, like it was specially made for me. I better not be dreaming cause if whoever will wake me, we gon' fight royal rumble.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚 i showed face ya'll. Please put your guns back I APPOLOGISE😅😅😅. In sha Allah ill be updating frequently. Please forgive me.

Vote
Comment
Share

💕💕💕💕💕💕
Fateemmarh AB
💕💕💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 105K 176
Baad mein jo hoga dekha jayega Abhi ishq mein hain kuch din yahi rehte hain -Amandeep Lots of different stories that will take you to another world...
77.3K 3.8K 28
(Unwanted Series#4) (Sequel to HSB & HAB) -"She has my heart. Its all up to her either cherish it or throw it."- - - - "Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum...
189K 13.9K 43
A halal modern love story of 2 Muslims trying to heal themselves from their pasts and move forward as better people. Cyra recently moved to Paris wit...
14.7K 772 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...