The Queen of the Prey

By LaniNKS2018

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Xander, my voice void of any emotions. I was in my warrior stance... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 29

10.8K 439 61
By LaniNKS2018

*Please vote and leave a comment if you like this chapter*

"Fix her! YOU MONSTER!" He roared, handing the body to another vampire and lunging for me. The last thing I remember was screams filling the air and the cold hands wrapping around my throat.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Freeze" A dark grumbling voice broke out into the screaming air. Ulrica stood before everyone morphing Anala's face into a look of pure fury and disgust. Everyone shivered from the sudden chill that crawled up their spine. Slowly, she reached up to pry the cold hands of the vampire off her throat. His face frozen in time, it's features scrunched up by rage.

I am going to kill this fatuum sonat culus Ulrica growled [Latin for idiotic asshole]

Rica Anala chides from deep within their mind, Ulrica held in a growl of frustration.

Ana? Ulrica asks, worry creeping in their mind.

Mhh Anala responds sound farther and farther away.

Rest my Ana.

Don't...kill...Anala's voice drifts off before a sense of peace fill's their mind link. Ulrica shook her head, frustrated by Anala's request. She glared up at the vampire.

"You dare try to harm her again," Ulrica growls, twisting his bandaged hands until a loud crack vibrated, echoing throughout the quiet forest, leaving an eerie silence behind.

"I think I broke something," Ulrica grumbles dropping the fool on the stage with a hard thud. Ulrica spat on the frozen vampire before stalking off the stage and heading for the forest.

"Anala--?" The witch, Luciana shouted behind her, taking a step closer. Ulrica slowly moved her head to stare at the witch. Luciana saw the red eyes gleaming in the moonlight and immediately bent down to kneel.

"Mistress," Luciana whispered, the crowd quickly fell to their knees.

"You dare call my Ana by her name!" Ulrica fumed, keeping her feet planted into the ground, trying not to move to stand before the witch.

"Mistress, I meant-" Luciana squeaks, shuddering away from the power that leaked through every pore of the small child...

"Tell me, why was this arrogant fool able to attack her so easily?" Ulrica jerked her head to the witches and wizards that knelt on the ground.

"Where were they?" Ulrica growled, "Or was this another test?" She hissed

"Mistress, I-" Luciana stammered.

"You know who I am," Ulrica stated.

"Yes, Mistress" Luciana muttered

"Did you have any intention of telling Anala?"

"Yes, Mistress," Luciana said, her face still towards the ground.

"Get up," Ulrica ordered. Swiftly the older woman stood up, keeping her eyes low. Ulrica stalked closer to the woman, glaring up at her.

"You will tell her nothing until I say it is time," Ulrica growled, grabbing at the old woman's chin to drag her down to eye level.

"Do I make myself clear?" Ulrica growled.

"Mistress?"

"I will be the one to tell her when the time is right." Ulrica hissed in Luciana's face.

"Everything?" Luciana questioned raising a cocky eyebrow. A scream from deep within Ulrica wanted to force its way out of Ulrica's mouth, wanting to release all the pain and frustration from all the years of staying silent, hidden among the darkness. Her white knuckles strained from the clenching of her fist, too hard to contain.

"Yes," Ulrica stated flatly.

"Where is she now?" Luciana whispered, fear seeping through her voice.

"Safe," Ulrica answered

"Mistress, I -"

"SILENCE!" Ulrica roared, her entire body was shaking from the rage that started in the pit of her stomach.

Anala won't be able to stop me now if I seek revenge. Ulrica thought harshly, a cruel smile slowly growing on her face. And suddenly, before Ulrica could take a step forward, Anala's face flashed in her mind.

Her face, her blue eyes, her soft shy smile.

Anala's face, smiling, staring up at the sky.

Ulrica closed her eyes. No one dared to move.

Ana Rica thought sadly, before turning and disappearing into the forest.

Unfreeze, Ulica hissed, bringing the soul back, feeling the rush of power consume her.

Screams echoed behind her and Ulrica pushed her legs as fast as they could go trying to get Anala far away from these people she trusted too quickly.

Footsteps sounded behind Ulrica, and again, she pushed their body to the limit.

"Wait! Please!" A man's voice sounded behind. Ulrica jerked to a halt facing the man who dared to follow them. Demidicus came rushing forward, carrying a child, her arm dangling off the side. It only took a second for Ulrica to place the pale gray face of the child.

The vampire who had attacked Anala broke through the trees after the man and the dead body.

"Please." He murmured, falling to his knees, his arms clutched to his chest.

Ulrica sneered at the vampires kneeling before her.

Let me Anala spoke, jolting Ulrica to jump a little. The vampires kept their heads down.

There is nothing you can do, Ana! Besides, this is the man who betrayed and attacked you. Ulrica growled

The little girl did nothing...yet we both saw how cruelly she was killed. Ulrica, please...I can still feel her soul...and you can too. Anala soothed in the soft and caring way only she can do.

-Anala-

You don't have much strength left Anala. Ulrica warned in our heads.

Then help me...please Rica I pleaded. Ulrica gave a loud sigh and gently pushed me to take control of our body. Immediately, I felt exhausted, and my body began to sway from side to side.

"Please...fix her." I look up to see Demidicus's father staring up at me, tears in his eyes.

"I can't" Demidicus dropped to his knees, tears pooling down his pale face. A sick feeling was curdling in the pit of my stomach.

"Please - see, I'm begging and everything - please... fix it." Demidicus's father swallowed hard. "Please." His voice cracked.

"I can't." I cracked, I raised a hand to tug through my hair and jerked my other in a gesture for the older man to get up.

"I'm not saying it to spite you, and I literally can't. This is beyond my powers. I'm sorry." He stared at me, numb in disbelief. He opened his mouth as if to plead more.

"I can't bring her back...but I can try to-"

"NO!" The man screeched, and I stepped back, stunned.

"I will not let her become another one of your slaves! Not her.." he trailed off, staring down at the little girl.

"I wasn't suggesting that," I spoke softly, trying anything to soothe his pain. "I only meant to guide her to where she is meant to go." He looked at me, shocked.

"Vampires have an afterlife...right?" I asked, unsure of what I was going to do. He only nodded.

"I can't bring the dead back to what they were before, but I can try to make sure your child goes somewhere she can rest in peace," I whisper falling to my knees and reaching my hands towards the girl.

This is dangerous Anala...even for us. Ulrica warned again. The man looked at me shocked and hesitantly handed me the child. I stared down at her tears, coating my eyes when I see her small face still twisted in pain and shock. I place my hand over her face and close her wide eyes, the tears from her father still warm on her smooth features.

"How long has she been gone," I whisper.

"Two days," Demidicus answered, I nod.

"Can you help her?"

"Depending on the person...a soul usually stays with the body for three days. If they are strong and old enough, they can find their own path to the Other Life. But if they are..." My voice trailed off.

"How old was she?" I asked, not looking away from the tiny child in my arms.

"Ray turned eight a month ago." Demidicu's father whimpered into his hands. I bring the child closer to me, cradling her to my chest.

"I'm so sorry. I hope your next life is full of happiness and love." I whisper to her, my tears falling down her face. She was pale and had beautiful brown hair with gold streaks. I laid my hand on the wound where the stake had pierced her heart, pausing for a moment.

Please, Moon Goddess, let this work. I slowly press down on the wound on Ray's chest, digging my fingers into the wound to bring up a small amount of blood. I hear an audible gasp among the crowd that I didn't notice around as I sit there cradling Ray in my arms, my eyes focused on the open wound.

I press the finger that held her blood on her forehead, dragging the blood between her small brows to the tip of her nose.

Please, I think again, watching for any sign of her soul.

Rica! I asked in a panic tone, and I feel her shush me and urges me to wait.

Lay your fingers near her wound. Ulrica says after a minute, I immediately do as told.

"Come on, little one," I whisper. Suddenly a brilliant light begins to shine out through the wound, and I breathe a little in relief.

"That's it," I encourage, "It's over, you're safe now." I have no idea if she could hear me, but with each word, the soul began to crawl towards my open hand. All eyes rested upon the golden arcing rays of the soul. My breath was stolen away from the beauty of her.

Why I ask Ulrica

Why what? Ulrica questioned also stunned by the light of the soul.

Why have all the other souls been black after death but hers still hold the light?

Because she was always pure, she belongs with the Moon Goddess. Ulrica soothed. I bring the soul closer to me.

"No," Demidus father whispered. I shoot him a warning glance.

"Go in peace," I whisper before launching her into the sky.

-Thanatos-

"Found you." Thanatos sang in a dark tune as he watched the pure white soul go towards the sky.

"Oh Ulrica, you should've known I could find you anywhere if you guided another soul to the afterlife." A deep chuckle sounded through the still air.

"You should have consumed this soul. You practically lit a beacon for me."

"I'm coming for you, Ulrica."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

HI ALL!!

I'm sorry for the late post but this chapter was extremely difficult to write!

I really hope you like it!! If you do, please vote and leave a comment to let me know what you all think!!

Until next time!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 151 17
"You are mine, little mate." A whimper slipped from my lips when Xander's mouth claimed the most sensitive part of my neck, his breath scorching my s...
151K 6.4K 72
I never would wish anyone to lose their mate by rejection nor death. I never would wish this on my greatest enemy or my best friend. I never would wi...
72.2K 2.9K 63
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
77.1K 2.6K 13
He went from omega to Alpha just in two days His family relatives are dead because he killed them bare handed? What if you did worse... I didn't unde...