Forgotten

By jjmcquivey

When the rescue center known as Voltron rescues Keith from an aquarium that could care less about him, he fin... More

Chapter 1: The Aquarium
Chapter 2: The Rescue
Chapter 3: The Surprise
Chapter 4: What?
Chapter 5: How?
Chapter 6: Who?
Chapter 7: Twilight
Chapter 8: Midnight
Chapter 9: Dawn
Chapter 10: Acquaintances
Chapter 11: Companions
Chapter 12: Friends
Chapter 13: Records
Chapter 14: Evidence
Chapter 15: Finally
Chapter 17: Vigilant
Chapter 18: Awakened
Chapter 19: Revived
Chapter 20: Information
Chapter 21: Message
Chapter 22: I Can't
Chapter 23: Live Without
Chapter 24: You
Sneak Peek!
Y'ALL I GOT FANART!!

Chapter 16: Signs

2.2K 85 22
By jjmcquivey

      "What the hell, Shiro!" hissed Pidge. The Voltron clan sat in a circle in the pine woods surrounding the warehouse where their friends were being held captive. "There is no way this plan of yours is going to work!"

      Hunk shook his head exasperated, "It's not the best-- but it could work."

       A slight embarrassed flush tinted Shiro's face pink, as his eyes flicked between his two friends. He knew that his plan wasn't the best in the world, but it was all they had at the moment. "I realize that it's a little crazy-"

      Pidge interrupted him with a scoff. Hunk rolled his eyes and gestured Shiro to keep talking. "-But, Lotor will never see it coming! He'll let his guard down just low enough so we can get the heck out of there!" every word was accompanied with his flying hands.

"Right. 'Cause escaping imprisonment is that simple." Pidge said, sarcasm dripping from her lips.

Hunk pointed a finger at the sandy brown haired girl, "Stop being so mean," he then turned to Shiro. "I'm sure if we work out a few details, it'll work." Hunk gave him a grin and in return Shiro smiled softly.

"Pidge, you know how to pick handcuffs, right?"

"Who do you think I am?"

      Shiro allowed himself a soft chuckle, before grabbing a short stick and kneeling in the dirt. "Since we have nothing better--let's get in there and destroy this bastard."

--------------------------

      The Voltron clan slowly crept towards a side entrance. Since their initial break in, the surveillance of the compound had increased ten-fold. It would be difficult to sneak in, but there was no way they were any match for Pidge. It was almost as the guards were begging her to mess with them.

      Each person held a fairly high tech gun; Honestly, she was surprised they were able to get anything like it. The guards each held a standard gun with the layout of a revolver that had an enlarged cylinder to hold more ammunition. A slight blue glow shone against the handle in swirling stripes. The glowing liquid combined with an electric spark where the hammer would usually be placed. And that was how the gun was fired.

      The design allowed for increased power and speed without the horrible, shoulder jerking recoil. Pidge could practically hear the guns asking her to mess with them over the small buzz of the electricity. A vicious grin spread across her face as she tapped against her new piece of tech she hadn't gotten around to naming yet.

      Hunk crawled next to Pidge and peered over her shoulder. "How is it you always have some sort of tech to conveniently get us out of any situation?"

      The tapping stopped, and Pidge turned to her friend. "Because I'm Pidge."

Both Hunk and Shiro let out surprised snorts and Hunk said, "That didn't answer anything."

"I did answer, it's just not what you wanted."

      Shiro rolled his eyes. "You're insufferable." The vicious smile turned into a shit-eating grin. "At your service." She resumed her typing.

The trio stayed hidden behind the thick foliage as Pidge—did whatever the heck she did. The sun barely touched the horizon, sending whorls of pink, red, and purple across the sky, when Pidge finally announced (softy. She wasn't an idiot) that her contraption was ready.

It was Shiro who asked, "What, exactly, does it do?" Pidge adjusted her glasses as she smirked, "I shoot this baby—" she held up literally just a jumble of wires, a trigger, and a barrel. "At those dudes guns and," she did a fairly accurate portrayal of someone spazzing out, " Zap! They get electrocuted by their own weapons!"

"Did you really need to act that out?" Hunk asked. A fond smile reaches Shiro's lips as he said, "She wouldn't be Pidge if she didn't."

Said girl puffed out her chest and aimed her doohickey. (Yes I just did that) The device didn't let out a single sound, there was only a pulse of light before—nothing happened. "Uh, Pidge?" Hunk turned to his friend, slightly terrified.

Pidge was the perfect embodiment calm. No quickened breath, no widened eyes, and certainly no panic in her eyes. "Hold on, it'll take a second." She murmured. As if on cue, the guard she aimed her tech at collapsed. Twitching along with the added affect of blue 'lightning' spiderwebbing across his body.

The remaining men soon followed.

Pidge turned to her friends, "Did you expect it to be a huge spectacle?" The faces both Hunk and Shiro pulled were comical. Of course they expected something amazingly cool. Not just some guy that looked like he'd been tased.

A smirk graced her features as her glasses gleamed, "I'm not Lance, guys." Hunk let out a bark of laughter. " Oh my god."

Honestly, Shiro was glad his two younger companions were able to at least have some sort of positive outlook on this situation. He could barely kept a calm face on.

Shiro constantly felt as if he were two seconds away from falling apart. And he didn't want to worry his friends more than they already were, so he plastered on a confident smile and a calm face.

He hoped that it looked real enough.

      Shiro snapped out of his trance when Hunk's hand flew across his face. "Shiro? You in there?" The older man looked down, "Yeah. I'm good."

Hunk's eyebrows furrowed, but he didn't question Shiro further. He then addressed Pidge. "Are we ready to go?" Pidge nodded and scampered toward the building.

"She looks like a monkey." Hunk said, giggling.

Shiro scoffed, "When doesn't she?"

--------------------------

The easiest part in sneaking around a building is keeping your footsteps quiet. Everything else felt impossible. Evading or shutting down the security cameras, dodging the patrolling enemies, and trying not to sneeze.

As soon as Hunk stepped foot into the god forsaken warehouse, his nose started to itch. An unavoidable and obnoxious itch that caused his vision to blur and his world tipsy.

He didn't like it.

At all.

But here he was creeping down a dreadfully cold hallway, with his friends, desperately trying not to sneeze. It eventually got to the point where he had to stop the rescue mission to rub and scratch his nose with desperate need.

It helped for about two seconds.

Then his nose started to itch again.

Aaaannnddd it was worse.

"Guys," Hink breathed. "I'm gonna sneeze." As soon as he finished his sentence, he tilted his head back and his jaw unhinged. Pidge frantically slapped her hand over his mouth and pinched his nose.

"No way in hell you're gonna blow our cover like this., She hissed. "We're not in position!" Hunk had to deal with not being able to breathe for a few seconds before Shiro asked, "Are you going to sneeze?"

Hunk's face was a blur when his shook his head. A "Good." came from Pidge as Shiro sighed.

They continued throughout the compound, Hunk not needing to sneeze, but extremely pissed off as his nose still desperately needed an itch.

--------------------------

When they finally reached the center of the warehouse Shiro double checked everything. "Hidden lock pick?" Pidge nodded. "Guns?" Everyone pulled a small pistol from the holsters resting on their hips. (I gotta say they looked pretty dang good) "Physically prepared?" Nods all around. There was a pause. "Mentally prepared?" Again both people nodded; more so hesitantly, but nods still the same.

Shiro smirked and said raising his gun in the air, "Then let's blow this popsicle stand."

--------------------------

Bangs echoed throughout the entire building. Chaos consumed everything, especially near the middle of the warehouse. Bullets streaked everywhere, grazing past friend and foe alike.

It would have been the thrill of a lifetime. . . If it weren't a life or death situation. The Voltron clan had taken down many Galra 'soldiers', but with each passing second more and more lackeys surrounded them.

The battle couldn't have even lasted twenty minutes. And let's just say, Hunk was finally able to sneeze.

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16!!!!!!!

First off let me apologize for disappearing off the face of the earth. I just needed a break from writing.😊 And thank you for 8k views!!! Whatttt?!?!?! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, little different than normal but still pretty bomb. Also, I've been thinking about entering this story in the Watty's, but I don't really know if I should.......
I hope that y'all have had a great July so far. Don't forget to comment and vote!!
Stay Sweet!!

Word Count: 1425

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 14K 47
[OFFICIAL @FANFIC LIST] Keith, a dark, moody devil, is on a mission on earth when he meets Lance, the cockiest, flirtiest angel he's ever met. It tu...
188K 4.4K 142
Athena wasn't like any other girls. She longed for adventure, continually searching, exploring, discovering things that she has never known. It was...
1.6K 49 20
Keith had always been different. He always avoided as much contact with people as possible. Even as a Paladin of Voltron, he never tried to connect w...
14.1K 278 14
(Y/n) = your name. This is an AU where team voltron travels through a rift into your reality and rescues you from a galra ship. You are 22 years old...