Dynasty Fulfilled

Av DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... Mer

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER ONE

4K 139 29
Av DestinyKeianna

Mr. McKnight above

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T h e O p p o r t u n i t y
o f a L i f e t i m e

"You're late!"

"I'm so sorry. I'm still not very used to being in LA," I apologized, completely telling the truth about being late due to getting lost on the way to work. "And I kind of got lost on my way here. I'll make sure to find my way around here hopefully sooner than later."

"Use the GPS." She replied with her high-pitched voice, seeming so unbothered by my excuse. "Here, this is the list of things that you need to have done today on this iPad for Mr. McKnight and the walkie talkie, it won't be a problem right, MS?"

"Breanna, Breanna Davidson." I answered her, grabbing the iPad and walkie talkie from her hands and stared down at my list of things to do today. There was so many things that I had to do for Mr. McKnight in only a day. "Not a problem, at all."

She plastered a firm expression on her face, leaving me in the entrance of the TV and Film production company named, Freedream Film Productions. I let out a breather, getting myself started on number one of the to-do list, meeting Mr. McKnight and making myself known.

I ambled through the lobby, hoping to be able to find Mr. McKnight around the area of this humongous production company. There were so many doors, people standing in a circle near the corner space, people on computers typing away in the main area, yet not the person that I needed to see. Instead of walking to the group to ask them where Mr. McKnight was, I chose to suffer in silence and make my way towards one of the many doors.

I searched every door for his office and felt defeated already on my first job duty as an assistant of his. I wanted to cry but I didn't since I knew that it would be silly to do such a thing on my very first task.

"Whoa! Whoa!" One of the people from the group called, before walking towards me with a stride that oozed confidence, security in himself, and composure as he had a smooth baritone tone of voice. "You must be new here, who are you looking for?"

"Uh, yes I am." I glanced down at the paper again. "I'm supposed to be meeting with Mr. McKnight as his new assistant, but I don't know wher—,"

"Second floor, the first door on your left and it'll have a huge sign, so you won't miss it." The guy directed in a casual tone.

"Thank you so much." I moved quickly towards the elevator, pressing the second-floor button and patiently waited for the ding to lead me up.

As it did, I listened to the guy's direction and found the office that had a huge sign beside the door with his name Brandon McKnight in bold print, and producer underneath in italics. I hummed to keep myself calm before placing a knock on the door and opened the door after hearing the okay.

"Who are you?" He glared at me, holding a confused expression on his face as he spoke with so much authority and power in his deep voice.

"I'm your new assistant, Breanna Davidson." I introduced myself.

"Oh." He slowly nodded his head. "Hopefully you do your job correctly and you stay because the last assistants weren't able to do that."

"I'll definitely be the one to last." I voiced, giving him an assured glare right back.

"That'll be all." He responded, completely ending the talk with me.

I tucked in my bottom lip, leaving out of the office as I knew that this was going to be a roller coaster ride but I was not going to tolerate disrespect from anyone, or let anyone take me from my plans for having a better chance at my career. Although, I would be playing the soft-spoken characteristic trait until I reached a certain level of success.

There was nothing more that I wanted in life, than success and getting it by any means necessary.

First thing to do of the list: meet and introduce yourself to McKnight, check.

The second thing to do was to greet most of the crew, and I decided since it was still morning to fix the crew coffee. I got back to the elevator, pressing floor number one again and strutted out of the elevator, going to the break area. In the break area, there was an dark wood countertop, a long dark wood table centered in the middle of the room, a black side-by-side refrigerator, a miniature fridge, a black digital microwave, snacks and candy in jars on the countertop and lastly the coffee maker.

I bent down, opening the dark wood cabinet doors to search for cups that would be enough for everyone.

"I see that you've found, Mr. McKnight." A familiar guy voice uttered.

I jumped up, turning around as I noticed it was the guy that helped me out with getting to the office.

"Gosh, you scared me!" I told him, trying to keep my heart from beating so quickly.

"My fault, I just wanted to introduce myself to you..." He held his hands up in surrender. "That's cool with you?"

I studied the guy's features. He was an extremely tall guy with mahogany skin that looked smooth, soft and rich in his expensive-looking attire that consisted of a black button-down shirt with khaki slacks held by a belt and black Oxford dress shoes. Between his dark brown, deep set eyes, nicely trimmed beard, lean face, broad nose, firm shaped jaw, full lips, and nice low fade haircut, the man was gorgeous.

He accessorized his work attire with a gold chain, gold watch and ring that showed me that he was indeed a well-established and a hardworking black man.

"Go ahead."

"Well, I'm Raheem Fox," He stated, holding his hands at his side. "And I'm the film director of the company."

My eyes lit up instantly as I knew that film directors worked closely with the director who then worked close with the producers.

"Nice to meet you Raheem," I smiled. "I'm supposed to be setting a good impression on the crew so maybe I'll start with you, you like coffee?"

"I would, but I have to get back to work." He declined, leaving out of the room. "I'll see you around, ma'am."

"Breanna."

"Hmm?" He turned back around.

"I'm Breanna Davidson, who you'll be seeing more around here." I playfully giggled.

"Oh okay, well then," He grinned, heading out of the room again. "I'll see you around, Breanna."

I set a reminder in my head that I'll have to become close to him.

I started to make the coffee, making sure the cups were halfway full and added in just enough sugar for all and placed the plastic top on the cup. I took the tray, adding the drinks on top and stared at my list of people that I needed to talk to, this morning.

Meet the director, screenwriter, executive producer, line producer, production manager, production coordinator, production secretary, production accountant, post-production Supervisor, and many more. I hoped that they were altogether already so that it wouldn't be so hard finding everyone, but I enjoyed challenges.

I held the tray in my hands after I finished the fixing coffee, and I left out of the break room going to the elevator to tap the button and stepped inside. I pressed the floor button, scrolling through my tasks to do today on the iPad, as there was a total of forty tasks to do on my very first day of being the assistant.

The elevator's door opened, as I began to leave it and search for the crew. I moved quickly through the hallways hoping that the crew were altogether but with just my luck, I glanced through a room door and they were all inside of the room, so I placed a smile on my face, knocking on the door.

"Come in!" One of them yelled.

I did just that, opening the door and got inside of the room. All the people that I needed to introduce myself to were in the room which I found myself wanting to blurt out a scream, yet I held my composure.

"I'm sorry, do we know you?" A woman questioned with a raise of her eyebrow.

"No, I'm Mr. McKnight's newest assistant," I sauntered over to her, putting the coffee in front of her. "Breanna Davidson."

"Your new assistant?" The woman turned over to Mr. McKnight. "Well nice to meet you, Ms. Davidson, I'm one of the screenwriters' of this TV and Film Production, Angelina Terry."

I shook her hand, moving down the line to the next person.

"And she fixed everyone coffee!" A man exclaimed. "By the way I'm Korbin Nash."

I laughed, handing everyone in the room a coffee as I stopped at Mr. McKnight.

The fact that I've never actually looked at him was crazy, but he was really a handsome looking man that looked like he was in his early thirties. He had a beautiful brown complexion, a square shaped face, a head full of cold black hair that was styled in a taper fade. Also, he had naturally thick eyebrows, long eyelashes, with light brown almond shaped eyes, a broad nose, nice full lips, neat facial hair, and a beautiful smile.

Fine, he was completely fine.

"Yeah, let's hope that she stays." Mr. McKnight eyes fell on to mine before his attention trailed back on to his work. "Thanks for the coffee but Ms. Davidson you are required to remember everyone's name in this room."

I nodded my head and handed Raheem a coffee who gave me a wink as I tried to hide my smile. Then, I pulled out the iPad and quickly got ready to type names that I needed to remember.

"Mr. Jeffery Clements here is our producer," Mr. McKnight stood up, introducing his crew to me. "Our screenwriter who introduced herself to you, Mrs. Angelina Terry, also there's the executive producer, Mr. Chance Watkins. The film director Mr. Raheem Fox, Our line producer Mr. Bentley Powell, the production manager Mr. Darien Patterson, the production coordinator Ms. Kaylin Reynolds, production secretary Mr. Ian Willis, the production accountant Mr. Isaac Mayer, post-production supervisor Ms. Averie Cruz, first-assistant Director, Mr. Noel Davenport..."

I was putting the face to the name and title, hoping that I remembered it.

"The story producer Mr. Korbin Nash, script editor Mr. Chance Fuller and the script co-editor, Mr. Xavier Sparks." He finished.

"Nice to meet you all." I genuinely smiled.

My fingers typed quickly on the computer screen, as I felt accomplished after handing everyone a coffee as well as learning the crew's name and left out of the room as it appeared that they were in a meeting discussing a new show.

Greet and learn most of the film and production's crew name, check.

I was on to the third task that required a lot more work than the first two tasks did. Making phone calls to set up meetings with other establishments to work with Freedream Film Productions. I quickly rushed towards the elevator and got to the first floor to find my office.

Turns out, I didn't have my own office, but I had a desk amongst other people working in the front and I saw my name on a sticky note that read, Breanna Davidson, and underneath my name was new assistant underlined.

I took a seat in the chair of my desk, looking at the stack of paper that I had on it with numbers of the people that I needed to call. I sat the iPad next to the paperwork and started to dial the first number. It took a few minutes for the person to pick up as I tapped my foot repeatedly underneath the desk.

"Hello, Mrs. Brooks! I'm Mr. McKnight's newest assistant, Breanna Davidson," I tried to sound as professional as possible. "of Freedream Film Productions, and I'm calling you to confirm if you'll be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow morning?"

"What time?" Mrs. Brooks asked.

"It'll be at ten-thirty."

"Hmm, I'll make sure to be there." She replied.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, see you then." I hung up the phone, dialing the second number on the list.

"Good morning Mr. Livingston, I'm Mr. McKnight's newest assistant, Breanna Davidson," I uttered into the phone. "At Freedream Film Productions, I'm calling to confirm on whether you'll be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow morning?"

"At what time is it this meeting?" He probed.

"At ten-thirty sir."

"I'll be there." He affirmed.

"Okay great! Mr. McKnight will be happy to see you!" I voiced before ending the call.

I had at least twenty people to call and ask for confirmation about the important meeting that was happening tomorrow morning, and I was beyond exhausted talking my mouth off to them, yet I remained calm and professional in my tone with every single one of those people.

"Good morning Ms. Makenna Richardson!" I politely greeted, holding a smile on my face as I was happy that she was my twentieth call. "I'm the production assistant Breanna Davidson calling from Freedream Film Productions company and I'm calling to confirm on whether you'll be free to come to the meeting tomorrow morning here?"

"Morning, and what time will it be?" She queried.

"At ten-thirty, ma'am."

"Thank you, Ms. Davidson, for reminding me, I'll make sure to be there." She agreed.

"Not a problem, well that's great! The crew of Freedream Film Productions will be happy to see you!"

"Thank you, see you soon." She conferred, before ending the call.

Making phone calls to set up meetings with other establishments to work with Freedream Film Productions, check.

I was now on to task number four and I didn't have a break until later. Being an assistant was a lot of work and especially for a well-established company like this one, I knew it would be.

My next task was to print out new call sheets for everyone in the building. It was at least a thousand people in the building, but I wasn't going to give up. I clicked the call sheets link that sent to me from the director, Mr. McKnight and pressed print, adding one thousand as the amount of papers that I needed.

I got up from my chair, ambling over to the printer and scanner, heading the papers being made. It took a while for all the papers to come through as I checked the ink, realizing that I needed to buy more.

As I was getting the papers out, someone spoke into the walkie talkie as I grabbed it from my back pocket and pressed the button to speak into.

"Hello?"

"It's Mr. McKnight, can you get the lunch that I ordered for everyone?"

Well hello to you too, I thought in my head. Whatever it takes, Breanna.

"On it, where sir?"

"Raising canes, I ordered a one-hundred-piece tailgate pack with fries and Texas toast." He stated.

"Copy." I affirmed. "Do I need to use a card or?"

"Only to pick up, I purchased everything." He conferred.

He hung up the walkie talkie, as I followed suit and gathered all the papers that I printed and placed it in a folder and decided to take it with me as I walked towards the exit. Leaving out of the building, I sped through up to my car and I found my car in the parking lot, alongside of the building.

I unlocked my doors with my keys, getting into my car and pulled off instantly after putting my keys inside of the ignition. I placed my cellphone on GPS from my location to the nearest Raising Cane's since I was still very much unfamiliar with the streets and roads of Los Angeles.

It took me at least five minutes finding the place, as I parked my car in the parking lot and got out of the car, heading over to the front door of the fast-food restaurant.

A nice older man held the door opened for me.

"Thank you." I kindly told the man.

I got to the counter, seeing a line as someone called for the next person so I moved up.

"Um, I'm here for an order to pick up for Brandon McKnight."

"Okay." She turned around picking up the tailgate bag and handed it to me. "Have a good day!"

"You too." I grabbed the bag and left out of the restaurant.

I couldn't wait for lunch as I got back on the road to head to the store to buy more ink for the printer.

. . .

I checked the last task to do on my to do list for today and got up from my chair to show the key production assistant. It was later in the day as I sauntered off to the elevator, hitting the button as a person speed walking to catch the elevator.

"What floor?" I glanced at the guy.

"Second." He pointed.

Great, we were going in the same direction. In the elevator with the person there was a comfortable silence at least on my end until the elevator doors opened, and I stepped out first, looking for the key production assistant's office.

I didn't even know where her office was, so I hoped that her door was open or something. I moved further down the hallway in hopes that the lady would be around here, so I turned around thinking she might've worked on another floor level.

I pressed the elevator door button, waiting patiently for it to open.

"Ms. Davidson?" A voice called.

I looked over my shoulders, seeing the key production assistant walking up to me.

"Hi, I was looking for you. I completed my tasks today, what's next?"

"Finished everything?" She raised a brow, grabbing the iPad from me, then spoke. "You have, great! Tomorrow morning you'll have double the task since they are working on a new project, so you'll receive information and details tomorrow. Make sure that you're here on time or Mr. McKnight will request me to fire you. You will get paid on the weekends, and I hope you'll be able to work late nights. Remember you are easily irreplaceable and that this is the opportunity of a lifetime for not only you but for everyone. Got it?"

You are easily irreplaceable, I repeated in my head.

"Got it." I told her, giving her one of my best charming smiles. "See you tomorrow, Leandra."

I was going to keep going until I moved up in my position to an even higher level.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

3.7K 125 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
682K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
1M 26.2K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...
4.1K 32 16
TW mention of abuse ed and sh mentioned inappropriate actions and language a little smut spooky moments Y/n is 22 years old and this story takes p...