Hierarchy

By OKKAAYY25

After going to jail for manslaughter, Regina WestWood wants a normal quiet life when she comes out. However... More

Hierarchy I
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
Heirarchy II
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
Heirarchy III
XVII
XVIII
IXX
XX
XXI
XXII
Epilogue

XIII

6K 185 16
By OKKAAYY25

August 2016

The guards here are filth.
They openly stare at the women here and they've always pried on me since I'm younger.

"Bound to be good pussy." I heard one of them say a few times.

I'm surprised they haven't dragged me out of my cell and raped me like they've done with the other inmates.

Every time I'm in solitary, I'm scared they're going to come for either me or Bambi. But I guess Inez does her job and keeps them satisfied.

"You've got 10 minutes with your lawyer, Kicker," One of them huffed as they took off my handcuffs and locked the door behind me.

"Why haven't you been writing back to your family, Regina?" Mr Reinfield asks as I come and sit in front of him on the round metal table that's screwed to the floor

"I know that's not what you came here for." I reply and he looks at me for a second before sighing.

"The sentence has been successfully cut down to 2, the judge said it's better for you to at least get some sort of education and high school experience."

I couldn't keep the smile off my face, "Oh thank God."

"You're welcome." He says, "You can't keep going into solitary, however."

"That's not up to me. Inez and those guards are so buddy buddy that all she has to do is fuck them right for me to end up in there." I whisper and his lips fall into a thin line, "Is there anything that's been sorted on that front?"

"I've talked to the superior officers assistant and I'm booked in for a month today. I have enough evidence to have them replaced and Inez charged for assault but it'll take time." I nod my head slowly as he continues, "You know even if we prove the malpractice, it'll have to go to court which can take a while to even get in front of a judge. It might not get sorted fully and effectively until you've served your time."

I can live with Inez and all of the guards, I just need something in place for Bambi for when I go. "That's fine." I reply

He nods his head and picks up his brief case, "Call your family, Regina. They miss you."

***

October 2018

"Kicker?"

I pause. Only people from prison call me Kicker. I try to think back to who's been released since I'd been there but my brain couldn't think of anything so I just turned around.

"Amy?" I reply getting up

Amy Forre was at the prison for a few months when I first got admitted. She help hold off Inez and taught me how to fight properly before she left. being only 21, she was the closest in age to me and I'm forever grateful she took me under her wing.

"What are you doing here?" I ask whilst hugging her, "I thought you were going to go to New York and get away?"

She sighed as she pulled away from the hug, "You know this life always seems to find a way to pull you back. Matteo made sure I never got on any plane. It's okay though because I moved out and got a job here."

Matteo was her boyfriend who happened to run a major drug trafficking company. He is Finn on steroids. I found the easy way out of Finn's life but Matteo is still alive and kicking ready to never let Amy go.

"Anyway," she replies, "You look well, I take it you were able to put Inez in her place?" I nod my head in response and Amy's eyes dart to the people behind me, "Oh, who are these people?"

I turn back to see the expectant eyes of the gang, "Just people from school."

She nods slowly, "I forget you're only 18! Little Kicker is all grown."

"Kicker?" Jude questions and I nearly roll my eyes, I'm tired of his questions.

"You Guys haven't seen her in a fight?" Amy responds

"She's on parole." Quinton fills in, "Though there has been some close calls."

"Close calls?" Amy asks looking at me and I just shake my head in response as if to say don't ask, "You know all you have to do is call and I'll sort it out."

"Jesus, I thought she was joking." Quinton utters, "You Guys really know people who murder people?"

Amy laughs a little, "Do they not know what you went in for?"

"They know what I did but not who." I fill in

"Which she was supposed to answer before we got side tracked." Jude mentions

"Little boy, that type of information puts you in a body bag." Amy tells him, "You don't want to mess with anything Kicker used to be involved in."

"Told you to stay out of it," Vivian sings lightly

Amy's manager started calling her name and she replied that she'll be there in a minute, "Call me sometime, Kicker. I'll get anything you need sorted."

With that she disappeared and I sat back down in my seat surrounded by people who's eyes looked even more interested that before.

"You gonna tell us how you know her?" Quinton asks

"Prison." I replied reaching forward and spinning the bottle. It landed on Jude and the game continued without any other serious questions.

Time passed and I received a message from my Mom to come home so I started to put my jacket on.

"Did you take your car here?" Caleb asks and I shake my head, "Come on, I'll take you home."

"You don't have to do that." I say but he's already making Quinton move so he can get out so I just accept that it's happening.

I say my goodbyes to everyone before making my way to Caleb's car. His car looks so clean that I almost don't want to sit in it and make it dirty but I swallow my nerves and sit down regardless.

We start off the journey in silence but I realise that I never gave him my address. "Oh turn left-"

"I know the way to your house Regina." He tells me, "I used to take Ethan home all the time."

I forget sometimes how close him and my brother are but I'm glad Ethan had someone on his side when I wasn't here.

"Why are you driving me home?" I ask honestly because I'm confused what he's playing at.

"It's late." Was his response, "Plus I wanted to talk to you."

"We could talk on Monday at school." I inform him and shakes his head

"Too many eyes." He says

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask as he slows down at a red light

"I don't know what Jude's playing at with all the questions about what you did but you don't need to feel like you have to answer them." He tells me and before I could reply he starts again, "If he or Kayla starts making you feel uncomfortable all you gotta do is give me a sign and I'll put an end to it."

I pause for a second not really understanding what he's trying to say, "Why?"

"Cause I don't want you to have to refer back to anything you used to be involved in to deal with it. They're not that important that you should risk your life and freedom over them."

I don't understand why he cares what I do but it's nice to feel like you have someone in your corner.

The car starts up again and we stay in silence as I try to wrap my brain over what he just said.

He parks in front of my house and I turn to look at him once more, "Why are you helping me?"

"I see something in you Regina, why shouldn't I help you?".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SAVED By 💙

Teen Fiction

856K 28.1K 56
After being abused by her step father 18 year old Grace decides to run away and find help . Seeking help at the nearest place she finds she meets Hea...
3.8K 118 36
"You think I want to live like this?!" He shouts in venom, his eyes bloodshot red from anger. That's when I realize, this isn't the person to get i...
755 88 17
'' We got in '' Kara said , shocked '' We got in?'' Olivea asked , looking up at Kara '' Yeah , we got in at HARVARDS UNIVERSITY girl !!'' ''...
201K 2.7K 10
A hunted young woman gets a second chance at freedom under the protection of a notorious mob family. 🔞 BEWARE OF MATURE CONTENT/ADULT THEMES.