Some Smiles Aren't Heroic ~Bo...

By OliviaChan08

Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him fro... More

Special Thanks
1. Just A Boy
2. No Choice
3. Breaking a Hero's Spirit
4. Without Them
6. Switch
7. Sanity....What's That?
8. Goodbye, Old Life
9. The New Villains Arise
10. Ghosts from the Past
11. Where He's Gone
12. Found
13. Mistake
14. Taking Over
15. What Really Happened
16. A Not-So-Happy Reuinion
17. Not The Same
18. My Prisoner
19. It Was My Choice
20. Know
Update!!! A/N PLEASE READ

5. No One Will Hear

3.3K 123 153
By OliviaChan08

Thanks for reading this, I really appreciate that other people are enjoying my stories and I'm always happy to hear feedback! That's pretty much I'll have to say.
Trigger warning for lots of gore, mental and physical torture, that type of stuff.

~~~~~~~~~

Class 1-A hadn't been the same after the day Izuku didn't go to school. They never got any explanations from teachers, but instead saw on the news that their classmate went missing.

The day after, everyone seemed extra upset.

"Tch, stupid media..." Aizawa sighed and muttered as he made his way to class. No one from the news was supposed to get word of this yet.

He didn't know how they found out, but he didn't care. He was not in the mood to stress about it.

He glanced into the classroom, seeing all the sad faces, all the uninterested glances, and all the eyes going down.

Ochaco was in tears, being comforted by Tsuyu and Momo. Mina Ashido sat down and glanced at Ejiro Kirishima, who only seemed to stare down at his desk with a confused frown.

Some other students were crying with their heads down, or impatiently tapping their foot and fidgeting.

Then there was Katsuki Bakugou. His chin was propped on his palm as he held a mechanical pencil in hand. He glared at it, occasionally glancing to the empty desk behind him.

That was where Izuku sat. It seemed a little sickening to see it back there, unoccupied.

Bakugou didn't seem to be happy at all. He looked as if he was in a state of frustration, sadness, and annoyance just waiting to blow up into a fit of anger.

These kids won't listen to a word I say now. Aizawa frowned then entered. All the students at least looked up in acknowledgment of his presence and they went to their seats.

"Good morning..." He grumbled as he set his things down. The class only responded with a quiet and slurred "Good morning, Mr. Aizawa."

The pro hero sighed, "You all heard about Midoriya on the news, I presume."

"Why didn't you tell us yesterday when we asked, Sir?" Tsuyu Asui questioned after raising her hand.

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose and gazed at her. "Because I knew if I told you, you would all react this way. The police are still searching for anything that might tell us where he is, that's all I am allowed to say."

Uraraka sniffled. "Why would he go missing all of the sudden?"

Aizawa answered. "We don't exactly know yet. The pros are trying the best they can to get answers. For now, we must go on with the class." He looked down at his papers.

"So you just expect us to forget about Deku being gone for two days for a stupid lesson?"

Everyone turned their attention to Bakugou. He now held the pencil tightly, his fist shaking from how much he squeezed it.

"How will that help?" He looked up with his fiery red eyes staring at the teacher.

Aizawa sighed. "Bakugou, we all understand it's hard for us, but we should-"

"We should be looking for him at least! What are we doing here, sitting in class as if nothing's wrong?" Bakugou snapped.

Some flinched while others looked down in guilt.

"Bakugou, that's enough. We all know how you must feel." Iida interjected. "There's nothing we can do, and you know that."

The blond turned back and glared at Tenya. "We can do something. Why don't we go out there and find the little-"

"I won't allow that to happen, Bakugou." Aizawa crossed his arms. He stared at the class with a stern look. "All of you are prohibited from getting involved. There is a high chance you could get yourself or others hurt if you do so. If I hear of anyone who tries to take this into their own hands and look for Midoriya, I will immediately expel you from this class."

The whole class stared at their teacher with wide eyes. They all seemed to have the same reaction.

Bakugou huffed and looked down. Everyone was sure he would snap and say something else, but he remained silent.

He didn't want to show it, but Aizawa was just as concerned as anyone, probably even more. How could he just go missing with no trace of where he had gone? It had only been two days, but it felt like weeks to him.

However, Aizawa had to maintain his composure, not only for his students, but for himself too.

...

Izuku had no idea where Shigaraki was dragging him, but he could tell it wasn't good when he entered a dark room with a table and a few torture items on the wall.

Before he could even say anything, he was shoved into a chair. Shigaraki held him down by the shoulders, making sure he kept some fingers off of him. "Why are you so frightened, Izuku?"

The green haired male kept his lips sealed as he thought of a response. There were a ton of replies he could give, but only a few wouldn't get him killed.

"I'm-"

"Yes you are, Izuku." Shigaraki interrupted, as if he already knew what he was going to say. "I can tell your body is tense as ever, your pulse is at an intense speed, and that little light in your eyes is shaking with fear."

Izuku furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't know the villain could read emotions that easily. It was only more unsettling.

Shigaraki chuckled in amusement as he pulled his hands away. He pulled on some black gloves he grabbed from the table. "Don't you even think of resisting this." He threatened and buckled a thick leather strap around the chair and Izuku's mid-section.

Izuku winced when his broken arm was forced back a little. It still felt very sore and weak, and this wasn't helping it.

Shigaraki grabbed Izuku's good arm and held it on the table. Izuku tried to pull it back, but Shigaraki kept a tight hold. "Stay still before I break your wrist as well."

Izuku shook his head. "No!" Shigaraki jerked him toward the table as he held his wrist up. "This'll hurt a lot worse if you keep fighting." He growled, glaring through his messy blue hair.

Izuku seemed to freeze up when Shigaraki glared. His arm even went limp in the villain's grip, giving him the chance to slam it onto the table and begin strapping it to a weirdly shaped device.

"W-what are you doing with that? What does it do?" The green haired male started asking multiple questions, mostly out of anxiety and nervousness.

Shigaraki muttered, "You'll see." He made sure the straps on his wrist was secure before holding down Izuku's hand.

Izuku whimpered as Shigaraki sat across from him at the table. His inly good hand was held down to a device that had a lever working a tool with small but sharp thing that could only be similar to pliers. However, these were thinner and way sharper than normal pliers.

"This is a very simple machine, Midoriya. The point of it is easy and fast, but excruciatingly painful." Shigaraki described as he put his hand on the lever. "Let's give it a try, eh?"

The way Izuku's hand was positioned, his index finger was in front of the pliers. He could hardly move it aside or avoid the device.

Izuku shook his head quickly. "N-no." His eyes widened as he realized the machine's function. "No, no, please!!" He tried to pull his hand out, but it was no use.

Shigaraki smirked and lifted his hand. "Don't worry, it'll be quick." He slammed his hand down on the lever, activating the whole machine.

The pliers lunged into Izuku's index finger, covering it and digging the blade under his fingernail. The blade then tore the nail off his skin, leaving nothing but bloody, exposed flesh.

Izuku flinched and grit his teeth, doing his best to not cry out in pain. He was afraid to look at his hand. Whatever it did, it stung like crazy.

Shigaraki tilted his head. "Hm. That didn't seem to hurt you as much as I had hoped."

Izuku's nail was torn entirely off his finger. His finger bled from where it was ripped. He whimpered and stared down, trying to remain calm.

"Maybe if we try it again." The villain prompted, turning the tool to Izuku's middle finger and lifting his hand to the lever again.

"N-n-no!!" Izuku snapped with a desperate shake of the head. "No! Not again!" He was trembling slightly.

"It still hasn't occured to you, Midoriya, that the reason you're here is right in your face?"

Izuku forced out a breath, not even focusing on what Shigaraki was saying. His mind was getting kind of clouded by the pain and the adrenaline.

Shigaraki chuckled and placed his hand on the lever. "You're weak. Even with a power like yours, you're completely helpless here. You weren't even strong enough to fight back when I took you here. It's like you're an expert at standing by and getting pushed around."

Izuku looked up, shaking and frowning. He didn't respond.

"Let me guess; you're used to being hurt like that aren't you? Someone's told you these things before. Was it someone you really looked up to?"

Kacchan... Izuku's eyes widened as he started listening. He was always being bullied and hurt by Bakugou. He had gotten so used to it, the words didn't even affect him after a while.

Shigaraki noted Izuku's reaction and her raised an eyebrow. "That's it, huh? I'm sure being quirkless in a world like this would surely make some people look down on you. That's why you were so desperate. Desperate to have someone to protect you, desperate for a miracle to have a quirk, desperate to have someone hear when you cried."

Tears stung Izuku's green eyes as he stared down at himself. What am I doing? Why am I just sitting here letting him torture me like this? Those thoughts reminded him of when he was bullied in middle school. He used to ask himself that a lot.

Now those thoughts were coming back. Did that mean all the progress he started making from UA was worth nothing?

"Stop..." Izuku bowed his head. Shigaraki smirked. "Are you really just going to end up being a punching bag for those who'll take advantage of you?"

"I said stop!"

Shigaraki's voice raised a little, "You're going to stay like this forever until you die? You'll never be anything like that."

Izuku struggled in his restraints. "Stop! You're lying!!" He shouted.

"I am telling you the truth, Midoriya!" Shigaraki stood up and smiled. "You're going to remain in the shadows of everyone else! And guess what? No one will hear you when you do cry!!!"

Izuku stared up at Shigaraki, his mouth agape but no words forming. Then, he let the tears slip down. "Please....stop..." He begged with a whisper.

Shigaraki was done trying to talk. He knew he had made Izuku break now, and he was going to continue that until he was completely vulnerable. After all, a crier like him only made Shigaraki want to hurt him more.

And with that, Shigaraki hit the lever and activated the device.

The sharp end broke through the skin and dug itself to the end of the nail.

Izuku snapped back into the current situation and was only met with the burning pain in his hand. He shut his eyes tightly and cried out in pain.

A small spray of blood gushed out onto the table as Shigaraki sat back down.

"Aw," Shigaraki frowned. "For All Might's apprentice, you really do disappoint. Hopefully, someday you can change that."

Izuku lowered his head and panted, trying to stay calm. He knew what Shigaraki said was just to mess with him, but why was he actually taking it so seriously?

He let out a shaky breath as Shigaraki took the straps off Izuku's wrist and hand and stood up. He sat there, his hand quaking as dark red fluid started dripping from his fingers.

Shigaraki picked him up. "Get up. This is just the beginning, Midoriya."

Izuku yelped in surprise. He couldn't do much to fight back with a broken arm and his hand bleeding from where his nails were torn. He didn't seem to want to resist, though.

Shigaraki shoved him ahead. "Walk." The green haired male just flinched and walked, with his head down and tears streamed down his cheeks.

After a few more hours of cutting, stabbing, blood, and tears, Izuku was left in the room where he was.

Shigaraki just walked away without anything else said. Then, Izuku dropped to his knees and lay on his side.

All the pain coursing through his body made him lay as still as he could. It was like any movement would cause him to make his injuries worse.

Izuku looked at his hand, covered in cuts and dried blood. "He's right..." He whispered to himself.

Maybe if I wasn't a weakling, I wouldn't be here. Am I really that pitiful?

His heavy breathing was the only thing audible in the room. The small light in the room seemed to blur as he grit his teeth and turned his head to the ground. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough. Shigaraki was right...in the end,

I'll die a weak and useless nobody.

~~~~~~

Okay, this chapter was way longer than I had planned but at least It's long. Of course, I just got back in school so updates may slow down. However, I am not gonna let this die!
Thank you for reading and if you have any comments or opinions you'd like to share, comment below and make sure to give this a vote! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 190 13
Izuku Midoriya has caught the eye of the League of Villains, as they try and try to convert him to be a villain they always seem to fail. The heroes...
395 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...
175K 11.1K 55
"I despise of many things but...I despise you the most, All Might" After a life changing incident that leaves his image of hero society askew, he tak...
4.1K 115 25
A young quirkless boy bullied his whole life finally gives in to the evils of the world. But to do so, he disappears from every single person in his...