Wilting Away

By osakigitsune

Abused and violated, Emi strives to regain her confidence and self-worth. More

My Life is Meaningless
Disclosure
Attempting to Move Forward
Pathetically
Abandon Me Please...
Behind Logic
Anguish
Confrontation
Under Pressure

Proposal

461 14 3
By osakigitsune

Laying down on the examination table, Emi watched the ultrasound screen as the technician glided the transducer against her stomach.

Turning her head to face Emi, the technician asked, "Would you like to know the gender of your baby?"

Pausing to consider what should be done, Emi answered, "Hmmm, I think I'll pass."

"That's fine. Well, it looks like the baby is perfectly healthy. I'll be sending information to the doctor to talk to you at your next appointment."

Finishing up her appointment with the technician, Emi was given another photo of the baby. Carefully putting it in her wallet, she headed to work for her biweekly meeting with her boss.

Dropping into Insightfulness office, Emi sat in front of her boss' desk.

Turning around in her chair to face Emi, Insightfulness finally acknowledged her. "Good morning, Emi. How has everything been going so far?"

Biting her lip, Emi slumped her shoulders. "It has been okay, Furuta. Enough about me. I looked into the cases that you wanted me to gather info on and here is some. I'll be looking for more along the way. Do you want me to continue working on those cases or?" She finished saying as her face tensed up from dismissing her boss' concern for her.

"Emi, I know you're not telling me everything. You have to be honest with me for me to trust you and understand what you're struggling with." Furuta injected.

Looking down at her thighs, Emi clenched her hands in frustration. Contemplating what to share with her boss, she uttered, "I don't want to seem like a constant problem to everyone. It constantly feels like everyone has to watch over me...it's pathetic for a pro-hero to require that continually." Glancing up, she discovered a soft grin on her boss' face.

"Emi, there are always going to be times when we feel worthless or helpless, and I'm not saying that I understand how you feel because I don't. My only acknowledgment for you is that your friends are concerned about your well-being. If it bothers you that much, address it to them. It can't be solved unless they know about it from you." Insightfulness dictated.

Reflecting on what her boss had said to her, Emi held the side of her hand to her face. Finally coming up with something to say, Emi commented. "I have, but I don't think that person will back away."

With a canny smile, Insightfulness asked, "Is this Eraserhead?"

Emi's face flushed a deep red. She cautiously stated, "Umm, why?"

"I've seen the way he looks at you, Emi. The way that you two interact with one another tells me there is some relationship between the two of you." Furuta specified with a gleam in her eye.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Emi replied, "I wouldn't say that anything is going on between us. Sure, I've liked him, but that doesn't mean anything is going to happen especially now."

Giving a small laugh, Furuta asserted, "So it is Eraserhead then! Looking at that info, I would say the only way to have him stop checking up on you is to break his heart and kick him out of your life."

"What...that does not sound right...I doubt that is the only way to have him stop worrying about him." Emi remarked with wide eyes.

"Well, any friend would continue to worry about a friend. I have to say that it doesn't seem like Eraserhead allows many people into his life or if he does, he doesn't share a whole lot with you." Insightfulness mused.

Pursing her lips, Emi confessed. "Maybe, I should talk to him about setting boundaries between us..."

Feeling accomplished, Furuta changed the subject. "So I have some new cases for you to look into actually..."

Continuing to discuss Emi's new cases, the two talked for an hour longer. Finishing their meeting, Emi gave Furuta a proper farewell before heading back home. Instead of returning home immediately, Emi wandered around town to window shop. Being in downtown Tokyo, she took her time as she went in and out of shops to look for something that appealed to her. She spent a few hours searching for an item that spoke to her until she finally found a pet store. Why was it that Shota didn't have a cat in his apartment? Were they not allowed? Did Hizashi not like cats? Entering the shop, she made her way through the store until she found where the cats were kept. Turning around the corner of an aisle, she heard soft meows close by. "Where are you guys?" She whispered under her breath. Determined to find the cats, she persisted in her search. As she walked two aisles in, she found what she was looking for. There were so many different types of cats from small kittens to older adults. Varying in color, she began the search for the perfect cat for Shouta.

"Can I help you ma'am" Called a worker walking over to her.

"Yes, I would like to get a cat." Answered Emi as she scanned each cage for the right cat.

"Alright. Which one would like to buy?" The worker asked.

Pointing to the cage, Emi specified for him. "I would like this one." It was a greyish white cat with dark grey stripes going up and down it's back. The little guy was hiding in the corner of the cage afraid to approach anyone.

"Okay, sounds great. Just so that you know this one has been quite shy ever since he has been here. So, if you're looking for a more energetic cat, I would pick another one." The worker noted as he unlocked the cage.

"No, I'll stick with this one. He looks perfect." Emi noted.

"Well, he was brought in as a kitten by the owner, and they said they didn't want him anymore. If I remember right, he wasn't the only cat in that household, and there was a dog too."

Studying the kitten, Emi was sure he was about six months old. "Okay. Sounds good. He'll be in good hands." She smiled as he took out the cat out of the cage.

Taking the cat to the counter, the worker put the cat in a small box with holes on each side. "Alright. Well, he has had all his shots that he needs, but if you want him declawed or neutered, you'll have to go to a vet for that."

"Hmm, I think I'll pass on that for now. Thank you for letting me know about that though." Emi wasn't a big fan of the box, but it was what it was. Paying for her purchase, Emi finally made her way home. Upon arriving at her house, she found two men standing at her door. "Hey, no soliciting!" She yelled across the hall.

Turning around, Shouta gave a disgusted glare while Hizashi looked back and forth between the two confused about what was happening.

"What the hell, Emi..." Muttered Shouta as he stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"Honestly, I'll call the cops because it must be illegal to look that good," Emi responded with a twisted smile.

Palming his face, Shouta groaned. "Seriously Emi? Can't we stop with the jokes please?"

"Ummm, should I leave you two love birds alone?" Questioned Hizashi as he backed away with his hand held in the air at his chest.

Pursing her lips, Emi thought for a short second on how to reply. "All I wanted to ask is if you were a cat, Eraser because I'm feline a connection between us."

Pushing his hair back, Shouta realized that he could never convince Emi to stop with her horrible puns. "Fine, just let us in."

"So demanding, is this how you are in bed too?" Emi teased with a quick wink.

Turning around, Shouta furiously walked over to her. "Emi Fukukado, what the hell are you trying to prove? Don't you think you're going too far with this."

"Meow." Unsure of what was heard, they both stood there quietly. Watching Shouta's expression as he studied the box, Emi beamed. "Meow."

Pointing to the box, Shouta asked, "What do you have in the box, Emi?"

Persisting in hitting all of his buttons, Emi leered, "I don't know, Eraser. What do you think is in the box?"

"It sounds like a cat." Stated Shouta with his eyes still on the box.

"Well, if you want to find out. You have to come to follow me." Emi indicated as she walked away with the box in her hand. Reaching her door, she began to unlock the door.

Continuing to glance back and forth between the two, Hizashi hypothesized, "Should I leave? It honestly feels like you two have other business to attend to."

Grabbing Hizashi's wrist, Shouta dragged him into Emi's apartment. "No, you're coming along with us. I'm not letting you get away. You're now part of this situation just like the two of us are.

Making her way through her apartment, Emi's cat came running by. Setting the box on the counter, Emi asked her cat. "Do you want to know what is in the box, Amaya?"

Her cat sniffed at the box until it touched noses with the other cat. Not knowing what was in the box, Amaya ran away and sat in the corner of the counter.

"Well, whatever is it in the box must be some freaky type of thing since it scared your cat, Emi." Interjected Hizashi with his hands in his pockets.

Laughing at her dramatic cat, Emi answered, "No, my cat is a scaredy cat. She runs away from anything."

Pointing his thumb at Shouta, Hizashi advised Emi. "Well, Shouta the cat whisper over here can probably calm her down I bet."

"Ha, I would like to see you try! She hates to be held. You can put her in a box on your lap, and she'll be fine, but otherwise, she'll meow at you until you let you go." Emi noted as she began opening the box. Closing the box back up, she came up with what she thought was a cunning plan. Smirking at Shouta, she inclined, "So this is actually for you, Shouta. I bought it originally to say thanks and to give something I knew you'd love. However, now that I'm thinking about it. I should make this a proposal." Opening the box, Emi took out the cat and got down on one knee. "Shouta, will you accept this cat and go out with me?"

Astonished at what happened, Hizashi's jaw dropped.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Shouta groaned. "You're seriously not telling me you bought me a cat, are you?"

Rolling her eyes at him, she sarcastically responded, "No, I got the cat only for you, so you have to visit me every day to feed it."

Walking away, he uttered, "Well, if that's the case, you should have just gotten it for yourself."

Not having it, she told him off. "Aizawa Shota, you seriously think I'm going to force you to come here to take care of the cat." Leaving the room, she gently dropped the cat down onto the floor.
Following Emi, Aizawa grabbed her wrist. "You wouldn't be unlike you to do something like that, Emi."

Turning around at Shota, Emi began to fight the tears forming in her eyes. "Shota, why can't you simply answer the question; it's a yes or a no."

Putting his hands on her cheeks, Shota pulled her forward pressing his lips against hers. Her lips soft fragile lips melted into his as he tenderly kissed her.

Widening her eyes, Emi swooned. His lips were warm and firm as she returned the kiss. Continuing the lock lips, she began to kiss him passionately.

"Look at you two lovebirds." Interrupted Hizashi. "Shota, tell Emi yes already. It's been obvious that the two you like each other."

Breaking their kiss the moment Hizashi called them out, they both blushed.

Turning to acknowledge Hizashi properly, Emi asked, "Hizashi, I didn't even ask you. Do you mind having a cat?"

Sighing, Hizashi answered, "Honestly, no, but I'm sure the two of you will move in together shortly after. Who knows maybe even after the baby is born."

Biting her lip, Emi stared at the ground speechless.

Glaring at Hizashi, Shouta gripped under her face lifting it to establish eye contact with her. "Emi, I need you to trust that whatever happens to us, we'll work through it together. Who knows how things will play out entirely, but we'll figure that along as we go."

Squinting her eyes at him, Emi pointed out to him. "Why couldn't you have said yes when I asked you? You made this so much more complex than it had to be and yet, men say women are the complicated ones."

Chuckling at Emi's comment, Hizashi noted, "That's because Shouta isn't a man. He's in his own category of gender."

Shooting Hizashi a nasty glare, Shota left the room.

"So, Hizashi. What did you guys want to tell me?" As she changed the subject, Emi heard a faint meow. "Shota, if you're looking for your cat, he's in here.

Re-entering the room, Shouta found the white cat sitting beside another cat. That one must have been Emi's he concluded. It was strange to think that however many times he had been to Emi's apartment, he had never seen her cat before now. "So your cat finally decides to show it's facing. I was beginning to think you were lying about your cat." Reaching down to pet her cat, the cat ran away leaving his cat the only still sitting there.

"Now, you found out why you never see her. She's probably been in the room with us before, but she's skittish to anything. I'm sure she'll warm up to you eventually, Shouta."

Picking up his cat, the little guy adjusted himself into his arms. It was strange to think that he was now a pet owner.

"You guys should name it after me since I'm going to become just a memory of the past looking at how things are going between the two of you," Hizashi stated. Walking out of the room, he waved before leaving her apartment. "I'm not sure why I came over, to be honest. Shouta said that we had something to discuss with you and I didn't even know what it was."

Glancing at Shouta, Emi saw him tighten his jaw. "What do you have to tell me?"

Stroking his cat in his arms, Shouta briefly looked up at Emi. "We can talk about it tomorrow. Don't worry. It's good news."Shouta added.

Nodding her head, Emi left the room to make them supper. It was nice to have someone who loved and cared for her for once. He even knew her well enough to know that if he didn't tell her what the news was, she would be thinking about it for the rest of the day. So the least he could do is tell her what type of news it was which he did. Searching around the kitchen to decide what to make, Emi shouted across the apartment. "Shouta, I'm about to make supper!"

Coming behind her, Shouta wrapped his arms around her kissing her cheek. "Let me help you with that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 138 9
Shoto Todoroki has been abused by his father since his quirk developed. Once he got accepted into UA he found it harder and harder to hide this fact...
57.6K 1.5K 19
Everything's fine. Everything's fine on the outside, but on the inside, Todoroki is hurting. Life pretty much sucks between his abusive dad and...
309K 11.6K 25
Aizawa notices that Todoroki is being abused and intervenes.