happiness ➳ moon taeil ☾

By guggukie

❝ i just want you to be happy, even if i'm not the cause of your happiness ❞ ✩*॰ highest ranking ... #1 in nc... More

💐
‹ o n e ›
‹ t w o ›
‹ t h r e e ›
‹ f o u r ›
‹ f i v e ›
‹ s i x ›
‹ s e v e n ›
‹ e i g h t ›
‹ n i n e ›
‹ t e n ›
‹ e l e v e n ›
‹ t w e l v e ›
‹ f o u r t e e n ›
‹ f i f t e e n ›

‹ t h i r t e e n ›

131 7 1
By guggukie

" hey yuta " kyung mi smiled gently, giving the boy in front of her a small wave.

" k-kyung mi! you came " yuta grinned, blushing ever so slightly.

" of course i did! " she answered ironically, immediately feeling bad for having the thought of bailing on the poor boy earlier today.

" you look..beautiful " he suddenly added, gripping onto his backpack even tighter now while he awaited her reply.

" ah- thank you " kyung mi got slightly taken aback from the sudden compliment, she wasn't sure why yuta seemed so flustered today, but either way, she thought it was cute.

" this is how i usually dress though! whenever i go out " she smiled, her eyes scanning the bustling crowd around her.

" then i'd love to go out with you more " yuta muttered softly, his words inaudible to kyung mi.

" sorry, did you say something? "

" ah-no! i didn't. l-let's go try a ride, anything that caught your eye? " yuta tried averting kyung mi's attention, so his akward aura wouldn't be too obvious.

" mummy ride! let's goooo " kyung mi squealed excitedly, grabbing hold of yuta's hand and pulling him with her as she skipped towards the rides.

as yuta was being dragged across the theme park, he mentally slapped himself for being so akward in front of kyung mi.

his crush.

" god damn it yuta. why are you acting so weirdly in front of her? she doesn't like this flustered yuta, she likes the cool yuta. i've got to get myself together " he silently groaned to himself, composing himself.

🎡

" that. was. epic!! you know the part when the ride suddenly started moving backwards?! that was sOOO COOL omg if only the line wasn't so long, i would definitely go again " kyung mi pouted, getting all excited and hyped about the mummy ride they went on earlier.

meanwhile, yuta's hair was a mess and his face was as pale as a ghost. trying to act cool when he was actually scared shitless was so difficult. especially when the girl beside him was beaming and cheering the entire ride. 

dang he was exhausted from just one ride 

but simply just seeing how kyung mi face lit up when she babbled on about how exciting the ride was and how her plump lips moved so gracefully when she talked, seemed to recharge yuta's energy.

he really is falling hard for this clueless girl

" yuta? did you hear what i said? earth to yutAAAA " kyung mi tiptoed to holler into yuta's ear, silently just observing his gaze when he still didn't respond.

kyung mi's pov

i wonder what he's thinking so deeply about

anywAY, yuta looks hella attractive today, i definitely can't deny it.

the way he stares so intently at me, it's weAKENING MY KNEECAPS

his round eyes, slightly tousled hair, glistening skin - it was all too perfect 

but..i don't know why

i don't get the same feeling i used to whenever i make eye contact with him

it's like..the butterflies in my stomach are fading 

but why?

frustrated, my eyes scan every feature of his face once again

what's there not to like about nakamoto yuta? his smile, his voice, his presence

his flaws? none.

so what is it? what's making me lose my feelings for him? 

yuta pov

 " w-what? ah sorry, i got distracted " i scratched the back of my neck, giving an apologetic smile.

sorry 

i was distracted by your beauty 

" i said i wanted to get cotton candy over there, do you wanna buy some too? " kyung mi pointed to the snack booth nearby, the smell of diabetic sweets wafting through the air.

" ooh yeah that'll be great " i grinned, " but you know,, as the gentleman i am, it's my treat " i winked playfully, making kyung mi blush slightly from the sudden change of persona.

there it is, the reaction i love the most

cool yuta is back in action

🎡

" how did we end up here again? " kyung mi giggled, as she swung her dangling legs cutely.

" well..we were lucky enough to be the last couple to ride this ferris wheel before all the rides officially close for the day " yuta smiled, devouring his remaining amount of cotton candy.

" well then, we might as well make the best of it and enjoy the scenery right? we can even see the sunset from up here " kyung mi commented as she closed her eyes to take a deep steady breath and let it all out.

maybe it was the golden light of the sunset shining on her milky skin, or maybe it was how her eyes fluttered shut and the soft sigh that escaped her lips.

but whatever it was, yuta was mesmerised. he was spellbound.

he wanted the moment to last forever but he knows it wouldn't 

yuta was going to take the chance,and this was it

fidgeting slightly, he finally gathered the courage to speak - his voice coming out as uncertain and nervous.

" do you have a crush kyung mi? " 

slightly taken aback by the out of the blue question, kyung mi opened a single eye to glance at yuta, before closing it back again.

" mhm i do " kyung mi hummed, as she rested her chin in the palm of her hands.

" who- "

" speaking of that, i actually had a crush on you " kyung mi stated with a smug smile, leaning on her seat comfortably as if her confession was the most ordinary thing ever.

yuta wanted to be happy

he wanted to break into a smile

but then the 7 words replayed in his head again

i actually had a crush on you

had

so..the crush that she mentioned earlier..wasn't him? 

but taeil. 

taeil specifically told him that kyung mi has a crush on him. 

was he lying? or did she move on..? or was kyung mi lying? 

he didn't know.

" oh haha..i had no idea " yuta forced a smile, as he attempted to stuff back the small box in his grasp into his pocket secretly.

" how bout you? anyone who managed to steal your heart? " kyung mi wriggled her eyebrows, leaning closer to yuta.

" nah, no one " yuta chuckled, turning away from kyung mi's soft gaze to look out at the black empty night sky as a tear threatened to fall from his eyes.

yuta's pov

you kyung mi. 

you stole my heart.

🎡

" ookay we've reached! " yuta smiled, turning to a half-awake kyung mi beside him.

" sleepy? " he laughed, reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, his breath shaking slightly as he does so.

" mhm " kyung mi pouted, yawning right after.

" well you should probably head in then sleepyhead. get some rest, you look exhausted " 

" you're right, i do miss my bed ever so dearly " she giggled, making yuta smile.

" i had fun today, with you "

" me too! i must've been a pain in the ass, dragging you to one place to another. you should definitely get some rest when you get home too okay? "

" i will. and no kyung mi, you weren't a pain in the ass " yuta chuckled.

" hehe well, see you around in school then, goodnight yuta " kyung mi beamed, waving to yuta after exiting the car.

take care kyung mi

i don't think we'll be seeing each other anytime soon

--

finALLY AN UPDATE ☺️ i know i'm such an ass for abandoning this book for a solid 3 months :(( i hope this chapter was okay tho hehe 🥴 thank you for supporting this book !!💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 2.3K 37
A story of Seo Youngho texting the wrong number. HIGHEST RANKING AS OF 08•12•18 #1 in Johnil
188K 12.9K 68
❝Starting today, I'm going to help you live and not exist.❞ THE FIRST ACT. ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
1.7K 62 15
MOON TAEIL ✘ ? Guilt hunting Taeil, its not even his fault. notes: eng is not my first language, please excuse me.
51.1K 3.4K 35
Ft. NCT's Moon Taeil They say money makes the world go 'round but for some, it's not money. It's music. COMPLETED