A Villain's Rise

By KapUnivers

After years of suffering under a system that thinks he is waste of resources, Izuku finally sees the truth be... More

The Birth of a Villain
The League of Villains
Allies and betrayal
USJ
The Hero Killer
Preparations
A Change of Heart
Change
Fallout
Attack on Musutafu
The Spark of a Revolution
The Girl in the Dreams
Saving someone in need
Oneirology
The Culture Festival
Deku's Journals
A Villain's Christmas
The Phoenix's fight
The Phoenix's ash
Izuku's conflict
Setting up the pieces
The fall
Secrets Laid Bare
Endeavour's downfall
Discoveries
The Collapse
Stuck
A Small Favour
Meetings
Biding his Time
The Rise
Catching Up
Reunion
All Hands on Deck
Casting the Dice
Defeat
Joy
The Silence Before The Storm
Into the Fire
Izuku's Farewells
Afterwords

Questions

5.4K 193 32
By KapUnivers

"You filthy liar" Shigaraki hissed as lay on the ground with several bullet wounds. "You said All Might was weak. You said that your nomu would kill him!" "Well, sorry if everything didn't go to plan" Deku replied as he managed to sit down in one of the bar stools. "I made sure that the nomu could have handled All Might based on what I have seen him do in the past. I didn't think that fake could muster even more strength than that" He complained and injected himself with one of his darts. He hissed at the pain he felt, but after a few seconds, his wounds started healing. "Can you do that to me?" Shigaraki asked. "No. This is the healing quirk the nomu had. I swapped it with explosion so that I don't need to recover. If you want me to do the same to you, it would take me the same amount of time it would take you to heal naturally. Since I would need to analyse your DNA, make a backup of your original quirk, and then make a version with the healing quirk. It could take me a few weeks. And that is time I would rather use on other things" Deku explained. "Now, if you will excuse me. I did actually get something out of this, and I would like to get back to my research" He said and headed for his lab.

Phoenix journal: No. 1

Entry 78:

I'll be honest with myself. The attack against All Might didn't go completely according to plan. Shigaraki is pissed at me right now. Luckily, All for one and Kurogiri seems to have talked him out of killing me, for now. Sure, I miscalculated All Might's strength, but a lot of things could have gone better if they had planned it better. It wasn't like I had the time to look over Shigaraki's childish plan. 2 days was all the notice I got. 2 FUCKING DAYS!! 2 days for me to analyse the plan, do research on all the students of class 1-A, their teachers and more. No wonder everything went wrong. Instead of looking into the students quirks they thought they could win by numbers alone. Kurogiri put a girl with a frog quirk in the flooding zone for crying out loud!

But that is in the past. For now, I'll have to deal with what I got. And what I got can help me greatly in the future. A sample from Eraserhead, whose quirk can be useful. Imagine if I could change it, so that I can erase multiple quirks at once in the future. Or even better, permanently erasing a quirk, without having to go through the entire changing DNA process. Then, I have a sample from Todoroki, the son of the number two hero. His quirk isn't the special part, it is the fact that he has two quirk. This could be the breakthrough I need when it comes to giving myself multiple quirks! And finally. A sample from All Might himself. What I could do with such power! I can't wait to see what makes him so strong.

Entry 81:

There is something wrong with All Might's quirk. It just doesn't fit right. It's like it has been forced in, much like how my own DNA looks with Kacchan's quirk, maybe not as rough but still forced in. What is weirder is what else is there. I have studied enough samples from quirkless people to know how their unused quirk factor is built up. And in All Might's quirk factor, there are segments which I have only found with quirkless people. It doesn't make sense! Either, his quirk is transferable or was given to him by someone who has quirk that can transfer quirks. Or there is a secret government project where they already have done the research I am doing now. I will have to look further into that. Maybe All for one knows something.

Todoroki's quirk on the other hand is disappointing. It isn't two quirks. It's just one quirk with two properties that are tied to different parts of the body. I might be able to do merge two quirks into a single quirk in such a way, given enough time, but I don't think I could do the same with more than two quirks. Although, I could merge use this to speed up the nomu process. By not having to balance the quirks together in just the right way to make the mindless, but not dead, and instead merge multiple quirks into one quirk. Maybe I'll make a nomu with Todoroki's quirk just to taunt him.

Toshinori Yagi was currently sitting in the teachers' lounge, going through what had recently happened when he heard someone knock. "Come in" he said. The door opened to reveal his long-time friend and detective, Tsuakuchi. "We have some more information regarding the USJ incident" The detective said as he sat down. "First of all, one of your students knew one of the villains" He said. "It's Bakugo isn't it. He knows the villain with the green hair, Izuku Midoriya right?" Toshinori asked. "Yes" Tsukauchi confirmed. "You knew?" "Midoriya was capable of using young Bakugo's quirk, so I assumed they had a connection. As for how I know about young Midoriya... well" Toshinori explained as a saddened expression grew on his face. "This won't be good will it?" Tsukauchi asked. "No. It isn't" Toshinori confirmed.

"I met Midoriya almost a year ago. I saved him from that sludge villain before young Bakugo was taken hostage. Midoriya was a proper fanboy and latched onto me just as I was about to jump away. When I landed, I had reached my limit and had to tell him about my injury. But before that, he asked me a question. He wondered if he could become a hero without a quirk" Toshinori explained. "You told him no, didn't you" Tsukauchi stated. "Yes. There is no way he could have survived as a hero. He would have been ripped to bits. It's sad, but power is necessary to become a hero. Although, I could have been nicer about it and I wish I was. Unfortunately, things just got worse. More or less the next day, there was a hostage situation at a local restaurant. I came in and knocked out the villain before he could do any damage. Or so I thought. Young Midoriya's mother was at that restaurant. And while she ran towards her son, and while I was busy with fans and the press, the villain shot her. I failed as a hero. I didn't... I should have... I-I" Toshinori recounted as his voice started to hitch and tears started flowing.

"I won't say you did the right thing. But I understand. You go through a lot every day. Something like this was bound to happen" Tsukauchi said. "Thank you. But it won't change what happened. After his mother died, Midoriya broke. He started crying at first, but then he began laughing. Slowly at first but eventually he was laughing like a madman. He began ranting about the unfairness of society and swore to kill me and bring society down with me, before running away, laughing. It still haunts me. So much pain, so much conflict and so much rage. I think he went mad. And now he is a villain who somehow has one of my students' quirks and made that monster" Toshinori said.

"All for one must be behind this. He is the only one we know who could have made such a creature and give someone a quirk" Tsukauchi theorized. "If he survived the I wouldn't be surprised. But even so, I don't think he gave Midoriya his quirk. While Midoriya talked about the quirk he had gained and the nomu, he talked like he had done it all himself. He called the nomu his creation and gave no hint of someone giving him a quirk. He sounded more like he had copied it from Bakugo himself" Toshinori said. "If he can give himself quirks and make creatures like that nomu just from someone DNA. Then he could be a serious threat" Tsukauchi stated. Suddenly his eyes shot open as he realised something. "Toshinori, didn't he take some of your hair and blood?" Tsukauchi asked. Toshinori suddenly got a look of horror "Yes. And if he can take one for all. We are all in grave danger"

Deku quietly walked into the dark bar. He didn't want to wake Kurogiri or Shigaraki, he wanted to talk with All for one alone. "I understand that one can get caught up in their research, but I would recommend getting some sleep" All for one said, but the voice didn't come from the usual screen. "You decided to visit" Deku replied in surprise. "I like to meet the ones I work with" All for one explained and stepped out of a dark corner of the bar, wearing a mask shaped like a skull with industrial pipes attached. "Now, what did you want to discuss Deku?" He asked. "Just some things I would like to know" Deku replied. "Was it you who fought All Might six years ago?" He asked. "And how did you figure that out?" All for one chuckled in a cold voice. "I know All Might fought a strong villain six years ago. He told me so himself. And while it's hard to find information about you, it's not impossible. Seven years ago, you seemed to be very active and powerful. You had more or less direct control over several government officials. Then, six years ago, you seemingly disappeared around the same time All Might did. A few months later, you're back, but weaker and less active. I would also assume that mask you wear isn't just for aesthetic purposes" Deku explained.

"You are very clever for your age Deku" All for one said after a short moment of silence. He then took off the top of his mask, revealing a face covered in scar tissue. "Yes, me and All Might had a little scuffle six years ago. A fight that left me like this, weak and disfigured. But at the same time, limited his capability as the symbol of peace" He explained. "Good to know. Now, what do you know about quirks that either are transferable or that can transfer other quirks?" Deku asked. "And what makes you think that?" All for one asked. "When I examined All Might's quirk, I saw something interesting. It isn't natural. It is forced in, like it took the place of something else before it, much like how my own DNA looks like after I gave myself a quirk" Deku replied. "Now, what do you know about it?" He asked in a harsher tone. "There are quirks which possesses the qualities you are interested in. Only two in fact. Both very different in nature, but still connected. Sharing a similar name, that symbolizes their nature. And they are both the two most powerful quirks in existence, locked in an eternal struggle until one wins over the other. I'll leave the rest for you to figure out" All for one explained. "Sadly, that is all the time I have. I look forward to what you will do in the future, Deku" He said before disappearing into the shadows.

Once All for one disappeared, Deku pulled out a small devise from one of his pouches. He activated and waited for a while as the device gave of a low humming. After what felt like minutes the device gave of a pling, signalling that it was finished. Deku began letting out a dark chuckle and started heading down to the lab. Once he arrived, he attached the devise to one of several machines and ran over to the computer and turned it on. Deku pulled out the results from the machine he just used a looked at them. A sinister grin spread across his face as he saw a DNA string appear on the screen. "Oh, All for one. You should be more careful when you meet an expert at collecting DNA, in person" He chuckled.

Deku was then interrupted by someone calling him. He quickly checked the caller id before answering. "This better be important. I'm in the middle of something" Deku said. "So, you found someone?" He asked as the other person talked. "A Stain fan you say? I can fix that. Goodbye Dabi" Deku said and hung up. "The pieces just keep falling into place" He said to himself as he took another look at the results. "All for one, just like the three musketeers. So, if all for one isn't only his name but also his quirk, then the adversary must be one for all. All for one and one for all. All quirks for one and one quirk for all. The two most powerful quirks. If a quirk can take quirks and potentially use them then and give the away, all for one would be a very fitting name. But what would a quirk named one for all do?" Deku muttered to himself. "I need to run more experiments" He concluded. "But first, some sleep" He said and went over to his bedroom.

A/N: This was the last premade chapter I had prepared. The next chapter is under way. So I'll release it when it's done, hopefully soon. Anyways, I hope you're all having a wonderful day. Goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 19.3K 84
Caught in the crossfire of a quirk war, pro-hero and Symbol of Peace Deku is captured. Saved and returned to a hospital, his body goes missing and he...
25.3K 379 11
NOTE: This is the first story of my first-ever: Demon Deku trilogy, each story is different from the other, meaning Izuku's powers are different. EVE...
6.1K 254 5
You have always admired heroes who made the world lighten up just because they were there but in order to shine there needed to be darkness. This dar...
104K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...