The Coldblooded (TVD Story)

Od staygoldforever

"For over a thousand years I have lived in secret. I have seen many places, done many things both good and ba... Více

Author's Note and Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Author's Note [2]
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author's Note [3]
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue
Author's Note [4]

Chapter Eighteen

8.1K 175 45
Od staygoldforever

I gasp for breath to jump up looking around at my unfamiliar surroundings. What the hell? Where am I? My memories come flooding back to me and... Oh, I remember! I was following the man that had called Elena, Katherine and then he staked me. That bastard! My hand reaches towards my heart where the wound has now healed. How long had I been out anyways?

I slowly stand up and that is when I realize that I cannot breathe. I claw at my throat for air but there is an immense pressure being forced upon me. I weakly look around at my surroundings. The pounding in my head makes it almost impossible for me to stand. I quickly stumble out of the room, right into a vampire with a confused look on his face. I can tell he is the vampire the minute I make contact with him. I stumble backwards and gasp for air. The confused look disappears off his face. He regards me coolly before he touches a finger to his lips, signalling for me to be quiet.

He grabs my arm and suddenly, we are outside a couple hundred yards away from the house we just left. I gasp nosily for air, the cool air of the night is refreshing in my lungs.

"Who are you?" The vampire asks me.

Now that I'm not focused on getting air, I can get a clear look at his face. He appears to be a fairly young man and he is black.

"Alayne Mikaelson," I tell him quietly. "And you?"

"Harper."

"Thank you Harper," I say genuinely.

Harper points in the direction of the house. "I saw Frederick and Bethanne bring you back with a stake in your heart. How the hell did you survive?"

I decide that since he saved me, he deserved to know. "I am one of the Originals."

He does not seem to understand and I sigh exasperatedly.

"An Original, is one of the very first vampires created," I explain patiently. "We're impossible to kill."

"How is that?"

"Staking me just temporarily puts me out of commission and fire won't kill me."

Harper is quiet for a minute. "You are very strong."

I flash him a brilliant smile. "One of the strongest. How long was I out for?"

"They brought you in about two hours ago."

"Oh goody, it wasn't that long, I should go back and rip out their hearts now."

"NO!" Harper shouts at me.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Look, I appreciate you helping me and getting me out of that house but the thing is, I wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for those two assholes in the first place."

"They said you were following them."

"That's not the point, the point is, they pissed me off and I want them dead right now!"

"You speak like a spoiled little brat."

I fling out arm and Harper goes slamming backwards against a tree. I pin him there and glare furiously at him. "Don't you dare speak to me like that again if you know what's good for you."

I drop him and I turn on my heels and run. Soon, I'm back at the boarding house and I slam the door on the way in. There doesn't seem to be anyone home so I run upstairs and take a quick shower, getting rid of the stink of death. Those idiots were definitely going to pay for what they tried on me. After my shower, I pull on a pair of leggings, throw over top an oversized sweater and pull on some warm fuzzy socks. Maybe I'd just relax tonight and go back tomorrow during the daylight.

I grab a book and sit down at my window seat and peer out the window, noticing that there is a light on outside at the garage. Curiosity got the better of me as I tossed my book aside and head downstairs, slipping on my Birkenstocks to go outside. Hey I may be an old vampire but I was updated on the twenty first century's fashions. I strolled out to see Caroline storm by, Elena running along to catch up. I raise my eyebrows at her but she just shakes her head.

I look to the garage to see Matt and Stefan looking like they were having a good bro talk so I decide not to bother them. Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I use my vampire strength to jump to the top of the roof. There is a slight breeze but it is not too cold so I sit up there and just watch my peaceful surroundings. Matt and Stefan are calm, Elena is calm and Caroline is the only nuisance disturbing my peace.

I must have fallen asleep because I hear the rumbling of an old engine. I look down to see Stefan and Matt driving out of the garage in an old red car. They both have huge smiles on their faces. I roll my eyes, oh boys and their toys. I see Stefan offer the car to Matt and Caroline to take out for a drive. When they leave, I drop down from the roof, right in front of them. Elena is startled and she stumbles backwards.

"What the hell?!" she gasps.

I shrug my shoulders sheepishly. "Oops, sorry. I need to talk to you guys."

"Can it wait?" Stefan grabs an arm around Elena.

"No, this is important."

"I just want to go through one night without any vampire crap," Elena interjects.

Ouch.

I ignore her. "Stefan?" I ask expectantly.

"Um, whatever it is, I think it can wait until tomorrow..." He shrugs.

I throw up my hands in exasperation. "Fine, you don't want to hear it then? You'll find out eventually anyways."

"Stop being so dramatic."

I shoot them both glares and walk back into the house. I wasn't going to tell them I had died, that would just bring more questions on how I had survived. Questions that I was not willing to answer compliantly. I pour myself a glass of Damon's finest brandy and settle in on the couch. A couple of minutes later, Damon and some drunken woman stumble in.

"Oh for god's sake, can one not find peace in their own house?!" I shout.

Damon just smirks. "Technically it isn't your house."

I stick out my tongue at him.

"Sweetheart, you need to find someone in your own league. This hunk of meat is all mine," the woman purrs. I get a closer look at the lady and I recognize that it is Matt's mother.

They start making out right in front of me and I make a disgusted face. Matt's mother and Damon Salvatore was such a nasty sight, especially when they started grinding up against each other. I hear the front door open and Matt comes into the room, towing Caroline Forbes by the hand.

"Mom?"

Matt's mom has the decency to look slight embarrassed, while Damon continues trailing kisses down her neck.

"Damon?" Caroline's voice is full of disbelief.

"Oh my god," Kelly Donovan pushes herself away from Damon. "Matt..." she starts. "Oh my god."

Matt shakes his head. Elena and Stefan chose that moment to enter the room as well. Kelly grabs her clutch and exits the room quickly.

Matt turns to Caroline, "I- I gotta g-"

"It's fine, just go," Caroline shoos him away.

"I'll take her home," Elena says.

As soon as Matt and Kelly are gone, Caroline, Elena and Stefan turn and shoot Damon various angry looks. Damon just raises his eyebrows.

"What?"

I laugh out loud. "Damon, you always seem to turn everyone else against you."

He smirks. "I'm glad you find this funny."

"Oh hell, it's a lot funnier than what I've experienced tonight," I mutter while still giggling.

Everyone rolls their eyes, thinking I'm being dramatic. Oh if only they knew. Stefan lead Caroline and Elena outside and I walk up to Damon.

"Let's drink!"

He smiles briefly and pulls out two glasses, filling them both. We sit down on the couches and drink our liquor in silence. Stefan comes into the room and Damon shares a knowing look with me before he glances up at his brother.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Are you crazy?"

"Save the lecture, look-"

Damon's sentence gets cut off when one of the windows is smashed in and Stefan is tackled to the floor. I can see that it is the same vampire that killed me earlier. Instantly, Damon and I are both standing. Damon throws the other vampire off Stefan while I kneel by his side and pull out the shard of glass that he managed to penetrate Stefan with.

Damon battles with Frederick while I help Stefan get up. Another vampire jumps through the window and I see that it is Bethanne. Her eyes widen when she sees me.

"B-but-" she stutters.

"Hello again and goodbye, bitch," I snarl at her before reaching over at lightning speed and plunging my hand into her chest and ripping out her heart. She drops dead immediately and I throw her heart down next to her.

I look across the room and Damon and Frederick are still engaged in a fight. I point my finger at Frederick who begins to convulse uncontrollably. That gives Damon time to throw him across the room.

Frederick stands up and gathers his surroundings. He sees me and his eyes widen and a look of shock registers on his face. The look of shock is replaced with a look on contempt and he lunges at me, tackling me to the ground. I throw him off easily and bare my fangs at me. Suddenly, Stefan and Damon are standing next to me, backing me up. Frederick takes one look at the three of us, looks at Bethanne's inanimate body of the floor and bolts for his life.

"I remember them," Stefan says. "From 1864. They were in the tomb."

"Yeah, about that..." Damon starts.

Damon tells Stefan about Pearl's visit and what she informed us on. I stay quiet the entire time Damon is debriefing Stefan and when Stefan finally looks up, there is a look of disdain on his usually calm face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks me.

"I forgot," I answer truthfully. In my defense, so much had been happening lately, it was easy to forget details such as a vampire coming and telling us of their plan to take back Mystic Falls.

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?"

"I'm sorry okay? I genuinely forgot about it! So much has been going on."

"You should have come to me right away but instead, you decide to keep it a secret; Damon and your secret. I'm beginning to suspect whether you two are on your own side. I'm disappointed."

"Don't be ridiculous Stefan."

"I'm just really disappointed."

"Geez Stefan, stop giving me the disappointment crap okay!" I shout suddenly. "I know I'm a disappointment already alright? I've been told that nearly every single day of my human life so I'd really appreciate it if you did not repeat that phrase to me."

Stefan and Damon both look taken back at my outburst. I slump down into one of the seats on the couch. Damon is the first to recover and he comes and sits beside me, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me against his chest. He doesn't say anything but the gesture is comforting and I am grateful.

"Thank you," I murmur.

"I know that feeling," he whispers back.

I never knew that would happen, finding solace with Damon Salvatore. But it was a really nice feeling.

***

The next day, Elena is over at the boarding house. The skies are dark outside and the wind is howling, a storm was brewing.

"I say we go over to Pearl's, kick down her door and terminate that idiot that attacked us last night," Damon says angrily while he's hammering a board to cover up the hole in the window.

"Yeah? And then what?" Stefan asks. "We turn to their house of vampires and say, oops I'm sorry?"

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," says Elena.

"He didn't really have a choice," I smirk.

Damon glares at me. Our comforting exchange last night had been short lived. We were back on our usual terms now and that meant me being snarky and Damon acting like a dick again.

"I'd call it a helpful exchange of information and it's not like I had a choice. She's... scary," Damon concludes. "Besides, she's going to help me get Katherine back."

Elena scoffs. "Of course he is. Damon gets what he wants as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't need to be snarky about it," says Damon. "You sound like Aly, but Aly is actually on my side."

They all look at me and I just shrug.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb, I've earned snarky," Elena growls at Damon.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning you birth mother into a vampire?"

"I'm not blaming you Damon; I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch," I laugh. "Cool the drama guys."

"This isn't being very productive. We're going to figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?" Stefan intervenes.

Damon gets up and leaves without another word.

"Good job Elena," I say without humour.

"I'm sorry! He just makes me so cranky."

"He makes everyone cranky." Stefan pulls Elena in for a hug.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Damon, Aly and I are going to handle everything."

"Wait, what about me?" asks Elena. "I can't just sit here and do nothing."

Stefan smiles. "That's exactly what you're going to do because that is what's going to keep you safe."

"Which means nothing if you're not safe too."

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly safe; I have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on my side and Alayne, the hybrid vampire-witch."

"Well that's comforting," Elena mutters, and then sighs.

"Hey, I find that offensive!" I shout. They both ignore me so I decide to go on a short hunting trip.

***

It is later in the evening when I return to the boarding house. Stefan is leaving just as I am entering.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I need to feed to get my strength back up."

"Oh well have fun."

Inside the house, I find Damon fixing one of the clocks on the wall. He finishes his job and decides to pour himself a drink. He glances over at me and pours a second glass.

"Should you really be drinking right now?" I take the glass from him. "I mean, you know, you're preparing for a fight with the tomb vampires so..."

"It's fine," he answers shortly.

I shrug and down my glass quickly. The alcohol burns my throat and insides, creating a warm and pleasant feeling in the pit of my stomach. It calmed me down a little. I was slightly worried about this confrontation with the tomb vamps. I mean, they had been locked away for a hundred forty-five years; there would be some pretty angry folks.

Damon looks up suddenly. "Stefan should have been back by now."

"It is raining outside," I say. "Maybe it is taking longer for him to find prey?"

Damon looks suspicious. We wait around another fifteen minutes but there is still no sign of Stefan returning. I was beginning to get a bad feeling about all this.

"Maybe he went over to Elena's?" I suggest.

Damon whips out his cellphone and dials Elena's number quickly. He pulls the phone away from his ear and dials again. I assume no one answers since he throws his phone into the couch.

"She's ignoring me."

"Let's just go over there now?"

We race to Elena's house and we are there within minutes. Damon rings the doorbell and when Elena opens up, he automatically invites himself in. I smile apologetically at Elena but I follow Damon in.

"You're ignoring me," Damon says immediately.

"The six missed calls?" asks Elena. "Sorry, my phone is dead."

"Is Stefan here?" I decide to get right to the point.

"No," answers Elena. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"He went to the woods and hasn't come back," Damon informs her.

Elena tries to call him but there is no success. "It's going straight to voicemail. Where could he be?"

"You're not going to like what I'm thinking of," I say.

***

"Hey bastards, open up!" I yell as I hammer away on the front door. I had gone back to the house in the woods that I had been taken to last night after I died.

Frederick opens the door and has a lazy, smirk on his face. Just seeing his ugly face pisses me off so much, I want to smack the smirk off of it. I lunge forward and he backs up, protected by the house since I haven't been invited in. This makes Frederick's grin grow even wider.

"Lovely weather isn't it?" he asks casually, taunting me. "Not a ray of sun in the sky."

I glance up briefly at the sky, the sky is overcast, and there is no sunlight coming through.

"Where is Stefan?" I ask coldly.

Frederick opens the door wider. "Stefan is right here."

I look in to see Stefan in the iron grasp of two other vampires. He looks to be in intense pain and my heart clenches in my chest. I am beyond angry at these vampires; they had no idea what I would do to them. I move forward but once again, I am repelled.

"You're dead," I hiss.

Frederick just smirks. "Sorry, but you haven't been invited in. Mrs. Gibbons?"

A woman that is evidently human walks out of the shadows and stands beside Frederick. "Yes, Frederick honey?" she asks expectantly.

"Never let this bad lady in."

"I'll never let her in," she repeats.

When she looks at me, I look right in her eyes and say, "Mrs. Gibbons, invite me in."

Her eyes cloud over slightly and she looks confused. Before anyone can move or say anything else, Mrs. Gibbons speaks. "Come on in, dear."

Frederick screams in outrage and knocks the poor woman aside but the damage is done. I gingerly take a step into the house and everyone back away.

"Nice house," I comment.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Give me Stefan."

"No."

"You want to do this the hard way?"

"You don't know how difficult this will really be for you."

Suddenly, more vampires walk out of different doorways and they all have malicious looks on the faces. These were bloodthirsty vampires. I realized I was somewhat outnumbered so I raise my hands in surrender and back out of the house. Frederick smirks, an evil gleam in his eyes.

"Coward."

I glare at him before I raised my hand and twist it fast. Frederick's next snaps back and he collapses dead on the floor. The other vampires stare dumbstruck and I bare my fangs at them. One of them recovers quickly and he takes a wooden stake and jabs it into Stefan's side.

"Stefan!" I scream.

He looks at me, his eyes pleading.

"I'll come back, just hang on a little please."

I ran all the way back to the boarding house to find no one there. I call Damon.

"Where are you guys?"

"At the high school."

In about five minutes, I'm standing in front of Damon. He's in one of the classrooms along with Elena and Alaric Saltzman.

"Mr. Saltzman, we need your help," Elena continues whatever it was she was saying before I arrived. "Stefan's in the house and Damon and Aly are vampires. They can't get it."

"Actually, I can," I announce. "I would've dragged Stefan out of there but there were too many vampires and I couldn't grab him and fend them off at the same time."

"Really?" Damon is shocked. "How did you do that?"

"It's called manipulation and compulsion, duh."

"Anyways, Stefan told me about your ring," Elena continues.

"What about it?" asks Alaric.

"Let me recap," Damon says. "You tried to kill me, I defended myself, you died, and according to my brother, your ring brought you back to life. Did I miss anything?"

"The part where I try to kill you again and maybe this time, I won't miss," Alaric stands up.

I scoff and Elena gives me a warning look, saying we need his help.

"Mr. Saltzman, please. It's Stefan," pleads Elena.

"I'm sorry Elena, but it's not my problem."

"I could track down your wife for you," I say suddenly. "You know, the one you thought my friend killed? And I'm sure the woman in charge of all the vampires could help you find your wife."

That gets Alaric's attention immediately. "You're lying."

"No, I'm not. I've lived longer than any of you here, I know secrets and I know patterns. Isobel likes to think she's cunning and evil but she doesn't know anything. She's being manipulated as far as I can tell. And I think I know who's doing it but I will need some time to look. And right now, we have a more immediate issue on our hands."

"You're a coward." Damon stands up and looks at Elena and I. "Come on girls."

Elena and I follow Damon out of the room but Alaric's voice calls us back. "Alright, wait. I'll go."

Damon gives me a knowing look and whispers in my ear. "Good lying."

I whisper back, "I'm not you, I wasn't lying."

Alaric pulls out his arsenal of weapons. Elena picks up one of the needle-looking like objects.

"What's this?" she asks

"Tranquilizer darts filled with vervain."

"Just get me in and I'll get Stefan out."

"No, I can already get it. I need a distraction to get Stefan out though," I say.

"So that's the plan?" asks Elena. "You're going to use us as bait and get Stefan out yourself?"

"Oh thank you for suggesting that wonderful idea Elena."

"No!" she picks up one of the tranquilizer darts. "I can get in while Aly and Alaric are the distractions. I'll get Stefan and then Damon can drive the getaway car."

"You're not going in there," Damon says to her. He turns to Alaric, "You need to get in, kill the owner of the house and get out as fast as you can. Aly, you'll need to clear out all the vampires. Elena, you will be driving the getaway car. Elena you are not going into that house."

"You can't stop me. It's Stefan we're talking about here. You don't understand."

"Oh I understand, I understand. He's the reason you live, his love lifts you up where you belong. I get it." Damon rolls his eyes.

"Can you just not joke around for two seconds?!"

"I can't protect you, Elena. None of us can. I don't know how many vampires there are." He snaps his fingers. "That's how long it'll take for you to get your head ripped off. We have to be able to get in and get out; no one can afford to be distracted by your safety. Or, this will end up a bloodbath that none of us will walk away from, including Stefan. I know, I get it, I understand."

"We don't have time to devise another plan so let's run through this one again," I say. "Alaric and I will go into the house, he will eliminate the owner, who is a lady named Mrs. Gibbons. I will scout the place and destroy all the vampires that make themselves an obstacle to us. Damon, as soon as the owner is dead, you need to get in there and find Stefan. Elena, please stay outside and stay safe. Everyone okay on this?"

"Aye Captain." Damon salutes me.

"Stop joking!" Elena snaps.

"Alright, if we're going to do this, let's go," Alaric intervenes.

***

"Oh thank god someone is home," Alaric knocks on the front door of the house and Frederick opens up. "Can I use your phone? Uh, my car broke down a feel miles up the road and this is the first house I saw."

"Well lucky you," I hear Frederick say.

"Yeah lucky me," agrees Alaric. "It's no trouble is it?"

"Not the slightest."

"Great." Alaric lets out a loud sigh and walks in.

I'm perched up in one of the branches, waiting for the right moment to strike. I watch Damon at the side door and moments later, Alaric opens it for him. He pushes stupid Mrs. Gibbons outside where Damon snaps her neck. I can see that Alaric and Damon have a small argument but when Damon enters the house, it is my cue to go in. We had to slightly revise the plan since Alaric refused to kill a human. Alaric leaves the house and he drags the body with him. He signals to me but I'm off my branch already. I gingerly open the side door and there is no one there. I creep in quietly and shut the door.

"Billy!" I hear Frederick shout. "What's taking so long?"

Moments after, a vampire walks into the kitchen and sees me standing there. Before he can utter a word, I stake him in the heart. He collapses and I walk out of the room. I find my way downstairs to the basement where I see Damon, Elena, Stefan and Harper. Stefan and Harper are both tied up.

"Elena?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I know, I know," she mutters. "I was supposed to stay in the car."

We quickly cut down Damon while I pull the daggers out of Harper's legs.

"Why are you tied up?" I ask him curiously.

"He was trying to help me," Stefan mumbles. I can tell he is extremely weak and that he needs to feed.

"Okay, you guys get Stefan out of here. I'll stay back and distract."

I walk back upstairs to the house and linger outside the room where most of the vampires are gathered in. I can tell that Frederick's suspicions are beginning to grow and soon, the loud, pounding music in the house dies down.

"It's too quiet," I hear Frederick say.

I make my move then when I throw one of my stakes. It hits a female vampire directly in the back where her heart is positioned. She drops dead immediately.

"Spread out!" Frederick yells.

The vampires all scatter and I take off into one of the other rooms.

"You two, check the back of the house," I hear Frederick order. "You two, go down to the cellar."

I wait as the vampires all scatter. One of them comes into the room I'm hiding in and I attack immediately. My fangs are bared and I growl at him menacingly as we tumble over the table. I know we are creating a ruckus loud enough to attract all the other vampires but I was invincible. They could not kill me.

As soon as I got the upper hand, I plunged my hand into the vampire's chest and ripped out his heart. Another one came into the room and dives at me, knocking me to the floor. One of the stakes slips out of my sleeve and I stake him in the heart.

Suddenly, I am grabbed from behind by three vampires. One of them pulls my head back and the other two hold down my arms. I see Frederick stalk towards me, an evil smile of his face.

"Oh I'm going to enjoy killing you."

I smirk at him, even though I'm being held by the other vampires. "You already tried that and we all know what happened the first time."

He comes toward me with a stake in his hand and I can't help but roll my eyes. He could kill me but I would come back for him in a couple of hours. Idiot.

Frederick raises his arm and it plunges down towards my heart but suddenly, he is tackled to the side. The vampires holding me are stunned and I take the opportunity to unleash hell on them. I focus my mind and let all my rage explode into their heads. They release me automatically and clutch their heads in pain, writhing on the floor. I look at them pitifully. They were stuck in the tomb for over a century and when they are finally free, they wanted to exhaust revenge on the town. These people were seriously stupid and they were still thrashing around in pain. I took care of them quickly.

I look around the see where Frederick went but I can't find him. I walk out into the hallway to see him battling it out with Damon. More vampires come out and attack Damon who only focuses on Frederick. Two of the vampires come out of nowhere and pull Damon off Frederick. Frederick, the coward he is runs out of the house. Suddenly, one of the vampires produces a stake out of thin air and heads straight for Damon. Before I can make a move, the vampire collapses all of a sudden. I turn to see Alaric there standing with a gun in his hand and I assume the gun was loaded with wooden bullets. Damon looks around at the two of us.

"I'm going after Frederick," and he runs out of the house as well.

Alaric and I look around the house warily. Another vamp attacks Alaric with his fangs bared and Alaric tries to fend him off but the vampire is much stronger. I walk over slowly and pluck the vampire off Alaric before sinking my hand into his chest and pulling out his heart. I can see the lights dim in the vampire's eyes and I marvel at how easily I could take away life.

Damon wanders back into the house.

"Frederick's gone."

"Let's get out of here," Alaric suggests.

"Ugh, I could kill him!" Damon throws up his hands.

The three of us walk out of the house to see more vampires. And they have us surrounded.

"How many of those vervain darts do you have left?" I ask Alaric.

"One."

"That is not going to be enough," Damon says, eyes wide and we retreat back into the house.

I shut the door and look at the other two men I was stuck with. I knew that I couldn't die but they could and that worried me most. Damon and I had somewhat bonded since we shared similar past stories and maybe I could get Alaric not to hate vampires.

"So when you said all that stuff about my wife, it was a lie, wasn't it?" Alaric asks me.

"No, it wasn't. If we can get out of here alive, I will try to help you locate her."

"That's reassuring."

"Look," I turn to both of them. "I will get you two out of here alive. That's a promise."

There is banging on the door that suddenly stops when we hear a sharp voice.

"Stop," the voice says. "What's going on here?"

The door opens and in walks Pearl and Anna. Pearl has a look of absolute shock on her face as she takes in the surroundings.

"What did you do?"

"Me?" asks Damon. "Your merry little band of vampires spent the day torturing my brother."

"Trust me," says Pearl. "The parties responsible for this will be dealt with."

"No, our little arrangement doesn't work unless you learn to control them."

"This wasn't supposed to happen."

"Well it did. If I had a good side, this wouldn't be a good way to get on it." Damon walks past Pearl and Anna and leaves the house. Alaric and I follow him after a moment and we leave Pearl and Anna standing there dumbfounded.

***

Shortly after leaving the bloodbath that occurred at Pearl's house, I went straight home to the boarding house and took a nice, long shower. I needed to wash the blood off my hands and I needed to refresh myself. Stepping out in only my bathrobe, I found that I had multiple missed calls from Jeremy.

I call him back and he answers on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Jeremy, it's Aly. You called earlier?"

"Yeah," I hear his voice break a little.

"What's wrong?"

"They found Vicki."

"What?"

"They found Vicki," he repeats. "They found her body, she's dead."

"Oh, no," I murmur. "Where are you? I'm coming over."

"We're all at Matt's house right now."

"Alright, I'll be right over."

I pulled on some jeans and a warm sweater quickly before getting in my car and driving over to Matt's house. Oh, I had such wonderful memories the last time I was here.

Everyone was sitting down and everyone looked upset. Sheriff Forbes was comforting Matt's mother, Caroline was pouring coffee for everyone, Jeremy and Tyler sat silently at the table and Matt was hiding out in his room. I decide to go upstairs to Matt's room and see if he wanted any company.

I found him sitting alone in Vicki's room, a devastated look on his face.

"Oh Matt," I walk up to him and pull him into a tight embrace.

He sobs into my shoulder as he releases his feelings.

"She's dead," he keeps saying. "She's dead."

I hug him hard and just comfort him while he sobs. Caroline comes upstairs shortly after and sees us in an embrace and her faces falls slightly.

"I brought you some coffee," she says quietly to Matt.

I let Matt go and I head back downstairs so that they could have some alone time. After all, Caroline was his girlfriend, I though slightly bitterly to myself.

"I think I'm going to leave," I announce quietly.

Jeremy and Tyler nod to acknowledge my departure and I head back to the boarding house to get a goodnight's sleep. The house is awfully quiet, even though Damon and Stefan are supposed to be home. I wander around looking for them, only to find Damon standing in Stefan's room, a surprised look on his face.

There in the corner, crouched over was Stefan. He had blood all over his mouth and there were packets of blood bags lying all around, all of them were empty. There was another one in his hands and he was sucking furiously on it.

"This is bad news," Damon states.

"The ripper?" I ask.

Stefan doesn't even acknowledge us until he finishes. When he does, he looks up at us, a dark expression in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he says.

A/N: Happy TVD Thursday!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment! I really have no idea where I'm going with this story.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
11.6K 700 60
In which two sisters - Buffy and Dawn Summers, after the recent events in Sunnydale, move to New York to start new life and accidentally enter the wo...
35.3K 2.6K 10
Who is lucky lover in this world? A Person who loves a girl but without proposing her, got her as his official Wife but in an Arranged Marriage. Se...
14K 163 10
"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ? ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴜɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ? ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴜɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴏɴ ᴜꜱ?"