Dancing The Edge // ptv /aldc...

By moth-ia

Florenity Desya was a normal 14 year old girl. At least, until her mother passed in a car acident, she was se... More

Cast
prolouge
ONE : California bound
TWO : Competition and Leaving home
THREE : Room Shopping and Dance
room details
F O U R : The Opportunity Of A Lifetime
F I V E : Auditions and Anxiety Attacks
S E V E N : Week One Competiton
E I G H T : Interviews, and Instagram
N I N E: Panic Attacks and First Solos Of The Season
A note
T E N : Week Two Competition and Third Pyramid Down
E L E V E N : Dad Mode and A Dance
T W E L V E : Jealousy Divides A Team
T H I R T E E N : Feelings? We Don't Know Her
F O U R T E E N : Group Rehearsal
F I F F T E E N : Sleep is For Cowards
S I X T E E N : Avoiding
S E V E N T E E N : I Fall Apart
E I G H T E E N : Exhaustion
N I N E T E E N : The Process to Heal
T W E N T Y : CrushCrushCrush
T W E N T Y - O N E : The Biggest Crowd

S I X : Day One At The ALDC

263 0 1
By moth-ia

FLORENITY

It was Friday night and I was scrolling through the websites my history teacher sent me for papers over World War 2 when Danielle entered the kitchen where I was working.

"Flora!"

I looked up at her and she set her phone in front of me with a video open. Confused, I stare up at her to realise she's recording me on Vic's phone.

"What?"

"The email said to record your reaction, play the video"

I nodded and shoved my laptop over slightly, pressing play and immediately being excited.

"This next girl was outstanding in auditions. She caught my eye, in a very positive light. I've seen her dance and I believe she is the perfect kid to add to my new team. Florenity Fuentes,welcome to the team"

I sat in shock before I stood up.

"No, this isn't real. It can't be."

Danielle had an all-knowing smile on her face.

"It is."

"Oh my God! Really?"

Danielle nodded and I started to jump around. Yeah it was a little childish but hey, this is somewhere I've wanted todance since I was 8! Of course I'm excited.

On Monday morning, I was slightly freaked out about the week because I had just gotten use to dancing with the California girls at Firebird and now I was dancing with kids I've known for a week at most. That and, I was going to be on a TV show, specifically, one that is very heavily editied and the producers can make you look like a horrible person.

I was more worried about Danielle looking bad, seeing as she already gets enough harrassment and hate online as it is, being the girlfriend of a famous band's lead singer.

I sighed as I pulled my slightly wet hair back, tying it into a ponytail and bobby pinning any major fly aways.

I then finished getting dressed, picking out a dance top, a pair of black leggings, and throwing a Bring Me The Horizon hoodie on over it. Abby said she'd give me some ALDC merch since I didn't have any yet.

I pulled on a pair of socks and a pair of Nike's before grabbing my old school bag with my laptop, it's charger, a waterbottle, and snacks plus my phone charger.

I grabbed my phone and stuck it in my pocket before heading out to the living room, where Danielle was gathering her things and the headshot they told us to bring.

"Ready?"

I nodded and hugged Tony, Mike, Jaime, and Vic before we left.

We got there like five minutes after we were supossed to be, thanks to Jaime not letting go of me when I said goodbye.

It wasn't like we were going to be gone for months, we lived in the same town as the studio so it wasn't too big of a deal.

We rushed in and saw Gianna at the front desk. She smiled and said hello and handed me a red ALDC hoodie and told us to go head to the dancer's den.

We headed in and I set my stuff down, I waved at Hannah and sat next to her. I changed out hoodies, taking my shoes and socks off and began stretching. I looked back at Danielle to see her already talking to Hannah's mom, Ann.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"So, are you excited?"

Hannah shrugged.

"I'm kinda nervous too."

I nodded.

"Same. I mean I know Abby seemed to like me at auditions but she might have changed her mind."

"Hey, twins!"

I turned back to see Brady and smiled. That's two people I know somewhat.

I laughed and nodded, seeing that we both had red hoodies on.

So far it was only us three and our moms, then Lilly and her mom showed up, then Pressely and her mom, then GiaNina and hers, then two other girls I saw at auditions but didn't talk to.

"Abby's almost here so can everyone come in. Mom's and kids"

We filed in, scattering around the studio. It was set up like a mix of the pittsburg studio and the LA one, but it was mostly  set up like pittsburg.

Abby came in on her powered wheelchair thing.

We lined up, I stood between GiaNina and Pressely.

"Welcome!"

We all said hi back in our own ways as she moved over to the mirror before us with the placements for Pyramaid.

"How are you all doing?"

There were various "goods" and "okays" back amoung the 16 of us (Moms and dancers combined).

"Alright, well, welcome to San Diego!"

We all clapped, though I wasn't sure why.

"You kids have been given a chance of a lifetime. I have been given a second chance, another chance at life, another chance to put my name on the map. I'm so greatful for the second chance I've been given, and i think all of you should remain greatful for this oppurtunity."

We all smiled and I looked over at Pressely and Brady and smiled before turning to GiaNina and doing the same.

"Don't think for one minute that you have a permanent spot on this team, I can take it away from you."

The smile on my face dropped.

"I have given you this opportunity, and as quickly as you heard the news, you could be headed home"

I took in a sharp inhale of breath as Abby gently snapped.

"Boom it could all be gone."

The room grew quiet enough that you could hear the breathing of the person next to you.

"Don't blow it understand"

We all nodded and Abby grinned, clapping her hands together.

Danielle rubbed my upper shoulder gently and I let out a deep breath quietly.

"Do you know what this is behind me?"

We all answered pyrmaid sporadically and Abby nodded.

"The Pyrmaid. We're doing this differently today, as it is our first day back and there is nothing to chart any of you on just yet. That means no pyramid this week. I want us all to start on an even playing ground. It's up to each child to rise up. Understood?"

We all nodded in understanding.

"Speaking of, Lilly, you're wearing your team jacket."

Lilly nodded.

"You're the only one that has one."

She nodded again and Abby started making a 'come here' wave with her finger.

"So, give me it."

Lilly gave an embarrassed smile and took the jacket off, handing it over to Abby before going back to her place in line.

"This week we are heading to Red Bank, New Jersey to attend Starbound
Talent Competition. Everybody is in the group dance this week. It is titled 'Broken Hearts'. This will be a test for you, dancing together in unison as one is what it takes to win in the group division. I need group dancers, not soloists, so get that out of your heads right now."

Me being me, I put my hand on my head before making a throwing motion and smiling like a dork, which caused some of the moms to smile and Pressely, Lilly, and Hannah to giggle. 

I saw Abby smile briefly before becoming serious again.

"This week we will have two trios and one duet."

We all looked at each other,wondering who was getting what.

"The first trio is titled 'The Favorite', it is an acro routine. This trio goes to Sarah, Lilly, and Pressely."

I high fived Pressely, even though I wasn't in the trio.

I saw Stacey's (Lilly's mom) expression become slightly annoyed as she rolled her eyes but I ignored her as Abby continued.

"My second trio, is titled 'Dance With The Devil', GiaNina will be my devil. And my two little Angels.."

Abby trailed off, looking between all of us. I crossed my fingers behind my back, hoping it would be me.

"Savannah and Hannah"

I frowned slightly before smiling, looking at Hannah.

"And last, the duet is titled No Place Like Home and it goes to..."

We all looked at each other again. I really hope I was in it.

"Brady and Florenity."

We all clapped. I ran over to Brady and hugged him.

"Okay, moms out, kids, spread out."

"How was dance?"

Vic asked us as soon as we walked in the door. I goraned and laid on the couch with my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so tired! And I have a duet with the only boy on the team this week. And we're going to New Jersey this weekend."

"Ooh, a duet with a boy. No dating until I meet him though."

I scrunched up my nose and shoved Vic.

"I barely even know him! And besides,  we are literally just doing a duet. At least Miss Abby isn't making it super coupley or making us kiss."

"What"

I laughed at the shocked look on both his and Danielle's faces.

"Yeah, she made Maddie, one of the OG members, kiss Gino in a dance. Here, watch"

I pulled out my phone and pulled up the clip on youtube.

"This Abby seems kinda mean"

I shrugged and put stood up, heading up to my room and answering Alex's facetime call.

"What do you want, loser?"

"Rood. I heard you got on the team, how's TV life?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"June told you, didn't she?"

Alex nodded.

"Well today went good, very little drama, thank god. I have a duet this week with the only boy on the team, and most of the moms are okay so far. Abby told us to come back tomorrow with a story of heart break for our dance. We're heading to Starbound in New Jersey."

Alex went wide eyed and I saw his dog's head pop next to him.

"Hi Saphie!" I called in a baby voiceand Alex rolled his eyes.

"Thanks now she's whacking my leg with her tail."

I smirked and shrugged.

"No, but maybe I'll see ya at competition, who knows, beat ya in the group"

I rolled my eyes and flipped him off, taking my hair out of the ponytail and removing the Bobby pins.

I took my hoodie off as Alex yelled "my innocent bean eyes" through my phone's speakers. I laughed as I walked out of camera view so I could change.

I put on an old Blink-182 shirt that I used when I dyded my hair black in 6th grade before I came back in view, earning a snicker from Alex.

"What?"

"Just remembering your emo phase is all."

"Like I'm not secretly still going through it."

I ended the call with Alex when I was called down to dinner.

This week was going to be so fun -sarcasm implied-.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 683 57
"And i wouldn't marry me either" - You're loosing me, Taylor Swift "But i'd marry you with paper rings, ohoh, that's right. You're the one i want"...
131K 4.3K 40
hey, my names Alli Marie Fuentes. yes Fuentes, the great Vic Fuentes' daughter, but their's a twist. He doesn't know I exist. My mom left him when sh...
420K 9.8K 31
⇢ STORY BY : ❱ http:˚♡lvesaturn! ˚ˑؘ :🍥: ·˚ ⇢ COVER MADE BY : lvesaturn♡ [ DO NOT REUSE OR USE FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ] ⇢𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰�...
505K 13.3K 79
Imagine this.. A perfect family, the mother, the father, the daughter, all destroyed in an instant. What would you do if your family was torn apart...