The Royal Betrayal

By curls_n_curves

Tanya Clarkson 21 year old African American woman moved to Dublin, Ireland to get away from her family after... More

~Prolouge~
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Epilogue

21.5K 817 287
By curls_n_curves

Tanya walked through the terminals of the European airport making her way to the baggage claim with her two children, Chloe walking beside her, and Quinton sitting in the stroller. She found her luggage and rushed to find a taxi to take to the hotel she had booked for her and the children. The coronation was to be tonight, and she had decided last minute to attend, expecting the worst and the good to what was to come tonight.

When she had hailed a taxi in the front of the airport, she was driven to the hotel, when they received their room key, Tanya headed up the elevator with her children, and got ready to prepare for the night.

~*~

"I know mum, but it's been over a year, she does still send photographs of the lads, but... I truly don't believe she'll come tonight," Oliver said sadly as he sat in the visitation room with his mother Celeste.

Celeste looked at him with furrowed brows and let out a loud sigh before responding, she didn't understand the negatively he was expressing, he was so nervous to send out the special request invitation to her that he'd prolonged sending it, and excited to hear from her as soon as he did finally send it off for delivery, and now that he hadn't heard from her within the 6 days since he'd sent it he was becoming doubtful day by day.

"Maybe she didn't receive it," Oliver said before his mother could utter a word. "Maybe I should just call her and have a immediate flight ready for her and our children." He beamed with a bright grin.

"Oliver, your coronation is in 3 hours darling, she wouldn't make it. She'll show," She reassured even though she knew it wasn't likely for Tanya to show, after all Oliver had done, Celeste wasn't sure she'd even show if she were Tanya.

"I have a feeling she won't come, she loathes me mum. If I could take back what I did, I would in a heartbeat, but if I didn't marry Natalia, and if Tanya's parents never had been killed in the plane crash...we never would've crossed paths, and I don't think I'd know what it's like to actually be infatuated with a person before," He said shaking his head.

"True, it's true, but as of right now... you need to get back to Buckingham. I'll be watching your celebration on the tele, I'm proud of you son," She smiled. "You'll make a great ruler, your father may have seen like a generous and kind hearted man...but what people never knew... he was a selfish arsehole who only cared about himself wealth and power. It's not an easy life Oliver."

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows confused as he looked at his mother. "What are you getting at mum?"

"Just know...I did this all for you," She smiled taking his hand across the table and patting the back of it.

"Did-" He was about to ask.

" Well you must go now, supper is going to be served soon, and there surviving clam chowder, you know it's one of my favorite dishes," She rushed rising to her feet and walking to the door to show her son out.

Oliver sat for a bit longer before reluctantly rising up as well and walking towards the open door where his mother had opened it.

"I bid you adieu, my love," She smiled embracing Oliver and giving his cheek a kiss.

Oliver smiled down at his mother and kissed her forehead. He held onto her hands for a brief moment before making his exit. H[e was officially on his own now...Neither of his parents could hold his hand through life any longer, being in charge of not only the entire European monarchy but many others as well. He was bound to a lifetime of surprises especially the one to come tonight when Tanya makes her arrival.

~*~

"Sit still Quinton," Tanya whispered to her son as she sat him on her hip and Chloe was outside the church with the other children whose parents were invited to Oliver's coronation. She was awkwardly standing out of place watching the other people around conversing and enjoying themselves as she stood in a corner with her son in her long dark blue gown and baby bottle.

"Ma'am would you like some assistance with the little one?" A waiter said noticing the trouble she was having.

Tanya smiled at the young man, "No thank you, he's just hyper is all, but thank you."

The waiter smiled back at Tanya and walked away.

After a few more minutes everyone was filling up the church, there were news reporters all around and Tanya decided to make her way to the inside of the church as well, Chloe ran up to her and took her hand.

They three made their way to check into the RSVP.

"Your names miss?" The clerk asked smiling at Tanya politely.

"Tanya Clarkson plus two little ones." She replied with a sweet smile. Then she remembered she had never called to RSVP that she'd be attending, so she knew she wasn't going to make it in.

"Ahh yes, go right along inside Ms. Baltimore, front row first seat." He responded.

Tanya's gaze snapped to the man in surprise. She didn't think she'd be sitting so close to the alter, she was attempting to aim to more of a last row type of shindig. She awkwardly smiled to the man, and made her way to her seat, she walked down the pathway and got a few stares here and there and a few whispers, but nothing to major after all the heat about her and Kaleb with her being known as the 'Runaway Bride' had cooled down. When Tanya had found her empty seat with a baby seat she smiled inwardly to herself. She sat Quinton down in the seat and she and Chloe sat down with Tanya in the middle of them both.

Tanya looked around for a familiar face no one Add had seen before was there, there were celebrities, and government officials, even the president of the United States made an appearance with the first lady. She was definitely a commoner.

When the ceremony began the priest came out with a few extra men ass one was holding a large good creation encrusted with jewels, they faced the large crowd, "All rise for Prince Oliver Nightingale Sterling, for the royal coronation."

The announcer stiff over a large microphone

Everyone rose to their feet as the large entrance door opened and Oliver walked down the aisle in his capes and dress robes, and his prince crown. Tanya smiled at him. When his eyes met hers he almost stopped his march in surprise, she could tell he hadn't expected her to arrive, when his face lit up he rushed down the alter with his cape training behind him till he was faced with her, she stood awkwardly as he stood in front of her.

"You came," He said lowly.

Tanya just awkwardly looked around and nodded. She could hear the whispering from around them as he held up his own coronation just to talk to the commoner.

"Daddee..." They heard softly behind them.

Oliver smiled to his daughter as she held him around his thighs.

"Thank you, it means the world to have you here, especially for bringing them," He said just as the priest and the deacon gave him the warning look. "I'll only be a minute." He leaned in enthusiastically and kissed her, which caught her off guard, but she played it off considering the entire event was broadcasted, and there were thousands of people around them gasping and some even clapping.

Oliver made his way to the end of the alter to amend his vow as king and receive the crown worn by his father and the many ancestors before him.

~*~

After the ceremony was complete, everyone was gathered at the castle for the reception. Tanya stood with baby Quinton staring out into the night over the balcony, Chloe of course had made a few new friends and was outside on the lanai playing with them. She was so wrapped up in her little world with Quinton she hadn't heard Oliver approach up behind her.

"Beautiful night isn't it?" He asked which caused her to jump up in surprise and turn to face him with Quinton in her arms.

"Goodness Oliver, you almost gave me a heart attack," She said clutching her chest and catching her breath.

"My apologies love, I've been looking all over for you, I'm glad you decided to come back to the palace afterwards." He said standing beside her at the end of the balcony.

"Well the night was sorta young, so I came. Plus Chloe made a few new friends so I really couldn't say no when their parents asked if we were coming." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"You look ravishing," He complemented sincerely. "You've taken care of not only the well but yourself too.

"Thank you," She smiled.

There was a period of absolute silence.

"Tanya look I-" He began.

"Oliver, please don't. I told you... I don't forgive you, you locked me away in an attic for three days, and sabatodged my entire wedding, and lied to me for over 3 years. I came to support you, but after tonight... I'm never going to see you again." She said seriously.

"You'd force me to go without my children?" He asked.

"You've gone without them without a word for over a year, not a letter. I've sent you things about them and you never once responded."

"Because you told me to never contact you again, how was I supposed to know that was the green light to write back to you? I've missed you and the children all... Tanya, I want my family back."

"Your family dispersed. Your uncle Robert fleed, Kaleb is off somewhere drinking his sorrows away, your ex-wife is living in the lap of luxury off your money and didn't even bother showing up to your coronation with your child, your mother is locked up, your father is dead and your sister never wants to even step foot in Europe again, so if you truly want your family back it's going to take a little more than a miracle," She said specifically with a humorless lashing shifting Quinton on her hip .

"I meant you and the lads." He said calmly.

"Well you lost us before you had us soo..." She trailed off shrugging again.

Oliver shook his head.

"Can we at least be friends?" He asked hopeful.

Tanya tore her eyes away from the stars to look at him.

"After what you've done today..." She began.

"Your majesty." A waiter called from the doorway. Oliver and Tanya looked back to face him. "Your speech?"

Oliver snapped back to his royal duty side. "Right, I almost forgot. Come, I think you should hear my speech as well."

Oliver pulled Tanya's free arm of Quinton inside, everyone was gathered around the stage Tanya let go of his hand and he continued to walk up to the stage where the band was standing by idle.

When Oliver stood at the mic, he looked at Tanya who was now standing beside little Chloe. She smiled at him, and he decided to do what he felt was right.

"Do you all see those three beautiful people standing back there?" He asked into the mic, everyone looked back even Tanya, but when she turned back around after seeing there was no one behind her she came faced with all eyes on her and her children.

"...That woman there, is the mother of my first two children, who one of which will take my place someday, those two lads to her sides are our beautiful creations, my daughter Chloe...and my first born son Quinton. I want you all to acknowledge them as such, my family. We may have had our ups and downs, but...just the friendship of my children's mother will give me peace knowing we've made amends. Being King isn't going to affect my personality, it's not going to get to my head, I'm not going to let power control me, I will be the first unmarried King in my family to take the throne, so I want you all to know the loss of my father took a toll on my life, and especially my family, especially knowing that my mother was his murderer, but I'll remain strong and continue to keep the parliament as is, and make more of a difference in the world, saying without being honest, I lied to everyone before because I was selfish and uncaring . But now all of that changed the moment I lost everything, so starting today I will be BETTER, not only for my reign but for my family. I accomplish greatness. We will all accomplish greatness." He finished looking dead at Tanya and making eye contact with people around the room.

The room erupted into cheers.

This was a beginning for the both of them...there was nothing truly definite to come, Tanya wasn't completely trust worthy of her heart to the man before her, but she was willing to allow him her friendship, he was great man underneath all of the bullshit, he was definitely a great father, they'd make it work with being parents in different countries. Maybe sometime down the line that love they both know they have for each other will spark back up and they could pick up where they left off, or maybe they'll find others to love, but they'll still remain loved as their children's mother and father. Only time would tell, the sunshine after the storm had barely begun. The words of her aunt playing in her head.

"I told you to never say never, now look your stepping back into European territory," She teased. "Do what you feel is right, but don't feel pressured to do something you don't feel is right in your heart. You can choose to forgive and move on...

or be bitter and stick living in past occurrences."

'Forgiveness it is then' She thought to herself as she watched Oliver and looked at both her children.

Forgiveness it is.

THE END...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 3.6K 35
"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the...
2.7K 80 15
I LOVE CHEESY ROMANCE AND DRAMA!! ♡ Harper Sullivan was completely lost after walking in on her fiance and sister sleeping together. Not only did tha...
643K 12.7K 93
Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling himself. He's ready to marry. She's the...
53K 1.2K 58
"14 years ago...I had an affair with Lord Grantham. You are not Lady Grantham's child." "We just want you to know that the whole of England will be y...