Adventure in Alola (Male Read...

By whothehellishe

(Y/N), a friend of Ash, has joined him on his adventures ever since the two of them met back in the Sinnoh re... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

8.1K 104 75
By whothehellishe

The student's off the Pokemon Academy were sitting around their classroom waiting for their classes to start.

"Popplio, make a balloon." Lana said as a bubble formed from Popplio's nose. It soon popped surprising the Pokemon. Elsewhere in the room, Sophocles was working on something, while Lillie was making adjustments to Mallow's recipe for pokemon food. Soon Kiawe arrived from a delivery to another island. Then Professor Kukui finally walked in with you and Ash following close behind.

"Alola." You said with a smile. 

"(Y/N) and Ash will be joining us at the Pokemon School. If they have any questions, please don't hesitate to help them out." Kukui told the others in the room.

After introductions, everyone was standing around the two of you looking at the new accessories the two of you managed to acquire.

"That's so cool!" Sophocles said as he admires the Z-rings on you and Ash.

"Woah, you guys. is that a Z-crystal on your wrist?" Mallow asks as she leans in closer to the rings.

"Yeah, it's Electrium Z on Ash while Dragonium Z on (Y/N)." Kiawe told everyone while walking up to you. "Where did you get that? Not the island challenge. You didn't participate and pass the trails that I know of."

"Tapu Koko gave it to me." Ash revealed how he got his Z-Ring.

"Tapu Koko?" Kiawe asks astonished.

"No way! You saw it again?" Mallow asks. "Does that mean you got your crystal from Tapu Lele (Y/N)?"

You nodded your head while Ash told them what happened. "Uh-huh! Pikachu and heard Tapu Koko's voice, so we took off after it."  Ash retold while everyone listened. "When we found Tapu Koko, this thing just came floating down to us. Yup, right out of the sky."

"I was walking along the beach with Garchomp when all of a sudden white scales began to fall on us. It wasn't until I noticed Garchomp looking up that I saw Tapu Lele. It was watching us from the sky before coming down to me." You said what happened to you as well.

"The Island Guardians? How could they have gotten Z-Rings?" Kiawe questions to himself.

"And then?" Mallow urges for the two of you to continue

"It was like Tapu Koko was telling me that the Z-Ring was for me." Ash said as you spoke as well.

"Tapu Lele was the same for me as well." You said as everyone was surprised.

"I've read about them before." Lillie said as everyone turned to look at her. "Tapu Koko and Lele. Tapu Koko's very well known as the guardian who likes to help islanders, but it also likes to play tricks if it thinks it's necessary, it can sometimes even punish them. I also read that on rare occasions it will give gifts to people it likes." She said before moving onto the next guardian. "Tapu Lele, on the other hand, is known for being innocently cruel. It's said that its scales, although they heal, they can be harmful if you touch too many. It's known to spread its scales for its own amusement."

"I don't know what to make of that." Mallow said as everyone was unsure about Tapu Lele. "But it looks like the both of them took a liking to Ash and (Y/N)."

"Kiawe, hold on. You got your Z-Ring from the Kahala Island Kahuna right?" Sophocles asked.

"Yeah." Kiawe said as he looked at his Z-Ring. "By successfully passing the grand trial."

"That's awesome! Does this mean that I can use Z-Moves?" Ash said excitedly. You were about to say something to him when Kiawe beat you to it.

"Using them should not be taken lightly!" Kiawe responded sternly.

"Huh?" Ash said a bit surprised.

"Only when a Pokemon and Trainer's hearts become one, will the Z-Rings turn their feelings into power. But those feelings mist be about something greater than themselves. Like...

"Like what?" Ash asked, urging Kiawe to continue.

"Helping the islands. Helping Pokemon or helping others. Only those who care about all living things are permitted to use Z-Moves. I'm not entirely sure what the guardians saw in each of you, but now that you're Z-Ring owners, you need to realize your responsibility."

"Kiawe, I don't understand much of that complicated stuff... but I know how special the Z-Moves are. For sure, you can count on me."

"Likewise. You can count on me as well." You responded causing Kiawe to smile.

"Alright, class! It's almost time for Pokemon science! Today's teacher is Principle Oak." Professor Kukui said as everyone returned to their seats. A couple of moments later the class began as Principle Oak came in with an Exeggutor.

"Like this Exeggutor, the Alolan Exeggutor, there are many Pokemon who look different in the Alola region and who are of a different type as well." Principal Oak said in an Exeggutor outfit, while the Alolan one's head was out of the classroom.

"Wow, their height are totally different." Ash said while looking at Principal Oak and the Alolan Exeggutor.

"There faces are the same." Lana stated.

"Yeah they are, but I don't remember Exeggutor's having Tails." You said while looking at the tail on the Alolan Exeggutor.

"The reason why Alolan Exeggutor have grown taller is Alola's climate." Oak said as he presented a paper with the two types of Exeggutors drawn on it. "Alola is warm and sunny all year long, so, it's the perfect climate for Exeggcute and Exeggutor to thrive. As a matter of fact, it can be stated that an Alolan Exeggutor looks exactly the way it's supposed to. Of course, this is the result of living in an ideal environment. The phenomenon of Pokemon developing a distinct appearance based on the region they live in is what we call regional variant. For example, Exeggutor is normally a grass and psychic type."

"Psychic?" Lillie repeated.

"Tell us what type Alolan Exeggutor is, like a Machamp!" Oak asked while impersonation a Machamp.

"Of course, a Grass and Dragon type." Lillie answers the question.

"Grass and Dragon?" Ash asks surprise as he gets up and to get a closer look at the Exeggutor. "So Exeggutor is a dragon type too! That's so cool that you even got a tail!" Ash said he touched Exeggutor's tail. Seeing that caused Lillie to gasp.

"You should know something about its tail." Lillie said worriedly while Ash turned to look at her.

"Huh?" He said before the Pokemon's tail moved in front of him showing that there was another head at the end of it. "Huh?" Was the only thing Ash said before being tail smacked into the ladder in the room. He caught a bar stopping him from falling even more.

"Oh, brother." Kiawe said to himself.

"Are you ok?" Sophocles asked Ash.

"First that cat pokemon, now the Exeggutor. I think you should stop messing with pokemon's tails, Ash." You said to him.

"The tail of the Alolan Exeggutor has a mind of its own. You need to be careful in case it attacks you, which is what I was trying to say before." Lillie said as everyone kept staring at Ash, who came climbing down.

"Next time get to the point a little sooner ok?" Ash said as Oak laughed at him.

"You see, learning here is like a wild Tauros. Have the patience of Conkeldurr!" He said doing impressions of each pokemon.

Timeskip

It was sunset as both you and Ash sat in Professor Kukui's house as he placed a meal in front of the both of you.

"Whoa! That looks so awesome!" Ash said with a bit of droll coming out of his mouth.

"Thank you for the meal, Professor." You said as both you and Ash started eating.

"No problem you two, it's called an Alola plate. It's a popular dish in this region." He said while giving the pokemon their food. "You like it?"

"I love it!" Ash yelled in delight.

"I've never had food like this before. It's simply wonderful." You said while taking another bite.

"Really? Love at first bite. Glad to hear it." Kukui came walking to the table as Pikachu, Rockruff, and Garchomp ate their food. "Look at that. The three of them are already friends."

"Cause Rockruff is friendly too." Ash said as he put his plate down. "Thank you."

"You're done?" He asked as you put your plate down too." So are you it seems."

"Yes. Thank you very much." You said as you turned to the Pokemon to see their empty bowls. "Looks like you three are done as well." They nodded.

"Come here Rockruff." Ash said as he got down on his knees. Rockruff soon came over and started rubbing the rocks on its neck against Ash. It then turned to Pikachu and did the same. Then it went to Garchomp and finally you. Repeating the greeting each time.

"That's the way Rockruff's great each other, by rubbing the ricks on their necks against each other." Kukui said, giving some information about Rockruff.

"So tell me (Y/N), there aren't too many people who can handle a pokemon such as your Garchomp. Where did you find her?" He asked while looking at Garchomp as she watched Pikachu and Rockruff run around her.

"Garchomp and I have been together ever since I was a child and she was a Gible. She was a gift from my sister. That's the reason the two of us work so well." You said as Kukui smiled at your explanation. He was going to say more before his phone started to ring. He answered while walking away. Both you and Ash looked at him curiously before he was out of earshot.

Next Day

"Come on (Y/N)! We're late!" Ash yelled as he ran up the hill followed closely by you.

"Whose fault is that?! You're the one who overslept." You said while running.

"If we hurry we can make it!"Ash yelled while the two of you ran through the gate of the school. Soon a popping noise took the two of you by surprise as both you and Ash came face-first into a bubble that popped, knock each of you the floor.

"Ow... What was that?" You asked while everyone came out of nowhere.

"Alola surprise!" Everyone said happily.

"Hey, you guys." Ash said as Kiawe came and helped the two of you up.

"Did we surprise you?" He asked with a smile.

"Without a doubt."  You said while wiping dirt off your outfit.

"First off, we decided today would be the perfect day to have a surprise welcome party for you. And that's just the first surprise." Mallow said while holding one finger in the air.

"The first one?" Ash asked while Mallow nodded.

"I'm not too sure I can handle too many surprises." You chuckled.

"And next Togedemaru and I want to challenge you. I'm sure you must know what I mean right?" Sophocles said while holding his pokemon.

"A challenge? A pokemon battle right?" Ash asked while growing excited.

"Hm." Sophocles hummed.

"Okay Sophocles, I accept your challenge!" Ash said, completely excited at the idea.

"I accept as well." You said while drawing your Pokeball.

"Let's go Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded as they got ready to battle, but that moment was ruined when three big stacks of ballons appeared.

"Wha-? Ballons?" You asked, surprise and confusion lacing your words.

"That's right, balloons!" Mallow said happily. "Whichever team pops all the balloons first wins the game!" You shrugged your shoulders while Ash and Pikachu still looked disappointed that there was no battle. "Oh yeah, Pokemon or Trainer, it doesn't matter who pops the balloons." Mallow added in.

"Ballons? Pop them first?" Ash said before his energy came back. "That'll be a piece of cake."

"Garchomp, it's time to play." You said as Garchomp looked at the balloons then back at you. "we got to pop some balloons." You said as Garchomp nodded.

All three of you stood a couple of feet away from the balloons as Kiawe stood by. "Ready! Go!" He said as the three of you ran at the balloons.

"Garchomp! Dive on in!" You yelled as Garchomp jumped into the balloon stack. Several popping noises followed as the balloons started disappearing.

"That was impressive." Lana said, watching you and Garchomp work. "How did Garchomp pop so many by just touching them?"

"That must be Garchomp's ability, rough skin." Lillie explained as the spectators looked at her. "Garchomp's skin is rough enough that the balloons pop on contact." She stated as everyone nodded. You turned to look to see Ash and Pikachu struggling with the balloons while Sophocles was going at a steady pace. You turned around to Garchomp finished off the last balloon. 

"Alright, Garchomp! Excellent work!" You said as Garchomp looked at you happily.

"First place goes to (Y/N) and Garchomp!" Kiawe said as you turned to see Pikachu about to use thunderbolt. However, the attack was redirected to Sophocles' Togedemaru. Using that electricity it popped the rest of their balloons. "Second goes to Sophocles and Togedemaru, which means Ash and Pikachu come in last"

"(Y/N), Ash?" Lana's soft voice said as you turned to look at her. "Ready for your third surprise? It's a challenge against us."

Everyone was watching the next event as Pikachu was in front of Garchomp and Popplio while all three ran to a pool of water.

"A pokemon Aquathlon is a competitive sport where you run and then swim. Now let's see who wins it!" Mallow explained what was going on.

"Pikachu! Win it, buddy!" Ash cheered as Pikachu jumped into the water. He swam for a moment as Garchomp and Popplio jumped into the water a moment later. "That's great. Head fo the finish line."

"Whoa look at that!" Sophocles said as he pointed at the water splitting apart as Garchomp's fin could be seen.

"That's it Garchomp! Do your best!" You cheered as Garchomp shredded through the water.

"I didn't think Garchomp could move that well in the water." Mallow said surprised.

"Oh yeah, well it's true that Garchomp is best in the air, she's no slouch in the water either." You said as Garchomp and Popplio passed by Pikachu. "That's the spirit Garchomp!"

The two of them swam through the water as you and Lana ran after them. You're almost there Popplio." Lana cheered for her pokemon. The two eventually shot out of the water as they both landed on the finished line.  "I'm proud of you. Great Popplio. You're amazing." She said as she petted her.

"Well done Garchomp. I knew you can do it." You said while petting her as well.

"Popplio can swim at speeds of 25 miles per hour. The same goes for Garchomp as well. Quite impressive." Lillie said as she walked up to Ash. Soon a disappointed Pikachu crawled out of the water.

"Congrats Lana, your Popplio is extremely fast." You said with Garchomp right behind you.

"Thank you (Y/N), your Garchomp was a surprise as well. I didn't think she could swim so fast." Lana said while Garchomp gave off a happy cry.

"Oh yeah, (Y/N)'s Garchomp is fast in the water, but it's nothing compared to when she's in the sky." Ash said as he walked up next to you. Kiawe was the next one to step up.

"I hope you two are ready, cause I'm your next surprise. It's us three, a free for all." He said as both you and Ash looked at him determined.

Soon all three of you were on the tracks that Ash got trampled by the Tauros, but this time you three were the ones riding them. Right now, Ash and Kiawe were fighting for first while you were slightly behind them. The race ended with Kiawe coming in first while Ash came in second and you coming in last.

"Man, to think I was so close." Ash said as the Tauros came to a halt.

"I'm just glad Tauros didn't throw me off." You said while climbing down.

"You both rode pretty well." Kiawe said as he got off his Tauros. You walked up to the head of the Tauros and petted him.

"Thanks for not throwing me off." You said as the Tauros gave a happy noise. You turned around to see Garchomp coming to you. "Thanks for cheering for me." The sound of footsteps was heard as you and Ash turned around to see Professor Kukui approaching.

"Professor Kukui." Ash said his name before seeing Rockruff in his arms. "Hey, Rockruff."

"You guys are looking at your fifth surprise. If Pikachu and Garchomp agree let's have a pokemon battle.

"A pokemon battle? And against professor Kukui? This is the best surprise of all!" Ash said while trembling in excitement.

"What do you say Garchomp?" You asked as she nodded her head. "Alright let's start this battle." However, before anyone could move Mallow put her hand in front of you two.

"Before that... I'm the poster girl for my family's restaurant, so that means I'm going to prepare a little lunch." Mallow said happily.

"Lunchtime?" Ash repeated when his stomach growled.

"I could use some food actually." You said as everyone agreed.

Everyone was sitting in a room as Mallow came out with two large plates of food.

"Lunch is served!" She yelled while placing your guy's food on the table then giving the pokemon their food. "Dig in everyone!"

"Yummy?" Lana asked Popplio who nodded its head. "I'm glad."

"You know what?" Mallow said while taking her seat then facing Lillie. "I followed your pokemon food recipe to a tee."

"It's very tasty, but it's also healthy pokemon food." Lillie said about the recipe.

"Delish." Ash said while eating.

"This is great." You said while taking your time.

"Mallow's restaurant is good. I don't like to eat any place else." Sophocles spoke. Everyone continued eating until something caught both your an Ash's attention.

"Huh? Did you hear that, guys?" Ash asked as he got up and headed for the railing when all of a sudden Tapu Koko appeared right in front of his face. They stare at each other before Ash screams and stumbles back. Everyone gasps at the sight of the Island Guardian.

"Melemele's island guardian. Tapu Koko!" Lillie says in shock. As everyone else says their own comment about the guardian. Then you felt something touch your head as you looked up to see Tapu Lele looking right at you. Everyone is once again shocked to see another guardian pokemon.

"So you're here as well." You said as Lele nodded. Ash walks up to Tapu Koko and tells him thanks for giving him the Z-Ring. Tapu Koko tilts it's head before vanishing and reappearing behind Ash and taking his hat. He then started playing around by appearing and disappearing at high speeds. Using this moment, Tapu Lele took something from you as well.

 "Ah! My necklace!" You said as Tapu Lele held your necklace. Soon both Tapu Koko and Lele took off your necklace and Ash's hat. Both of you chased after them into the forest as the other's followed after you.

"Guys, slow down." Mallow said as they climbed over a fallen tree trunk.

Eventually, both you and Ash came to a stop as the two of you looked around seeing neither Tapu Koko and Lele. "Where could they have gone?" You asked as you looked around for any sign of them. Soon both of them reappeared in front of you as Tapu Koko put Ash's hat back on his head while Tapu Lele put your necklace around your neck. They soon back up and looked at both of you. "Hey Ash, I think they want us to have a battle." You told him.

"You think so?" Ash asked while you nodded. His confusion is replaced by a smile. "Well alright! Let's battle!"

Tapu Koko released electricity as the surrounding area turned a bright yellow.

"Be careful you guys! Electric moves are more powerful while electric terrain is in effect." Mallow yelled to you guys.

"That's lucky for us all right! We're ready!" Ash said confidently. Tapu Lele and Koko wasted no time as the two of them charged at Pikachu and Garchomp. Pikachu was knocked back while Garchomp was pushed back a few feet.

"Come on Garchomp! Let's show Lele what we're made of!" You yelled as Garchomp roared as well. "Garchomp, Fire Blast!" You said as fire began to form at Garchomp's open mouth. Soon a large kanji of the word dia (Big) forms and flys at Tapu Lele. Lele is swallowed by the explosion and when the attack disappeared Tapu Koko was seen with some damage. "Nice job Garchomp!" You cheered, but at that moment Tapu Lele flew straight at you at high speeds. You covered your face incase it hit you, but Lele stopped right in front of you. "Huh?" You said bring your arms down.

Tapu Lele touched your ring while Tapu Koko did the same for Ash, the rings began to glow as both of you looked at them.

Ash seemed to be the one going first as you watched him and Pikachu move as one. The two of them let off a powerful electric ball, that Kukui called Gigawatt Havoc. You were and the other's were completely blown away from the power of the Z move. Once Ash's attack calmed down, Tapu Koko was seen to be completely fine, he gave off one more cry before leaving. Once he was gone Tapu Lele looked at you expectantly.

"You want me to use it as well?" You asked as Lele nodded. "Alright then. Let's go Garchomp!" Garchomp roared as you got ready. "I have no idea what I'm doing, but let's do it!" You said as started moving while Garchomp copied your movements. Soon a large purple dragon erupted from Garchomp and flew towards Tapu Lele. A large purple explosion happed as you could hear Kiawe and Professor Kukui.

"That's the Dragon-type Z Move!" Kiawe said surprised at your attack as well.

"That must have been Devestaing Drake! Impressive!" Kukui said. Once the attack cleared a large dust cloud filled the area obscuring the area that Tapu Lele was at.

"The power of a Z move huh? It's incredible. Hmm?" The crystal on your ring shattered after the attack happened. After a moment the dust cleared to show Tapu Lele standing there. "What?" You asked surprised as Tapu Lele withstood the attack.

"(Y/N), it's no good! Tapu Lele is also a fairy type, Dragon attacks don't effect it. I guess Tapu Lele just wanted to see you do it." Lillie told you from the sidelines.

"Now you tell me. So Lele wanted me to use the attack even knowing it won't damage it. You are cruel." (Y/N) said while looking at Tapu Lele who's eyes showed that it was happy. Lele gave a cry before leaving like Tapu Koko.

"You guys! Are you okay?" Mallow asked while running at you two.

"Yeah, we're fine. Right, Ash?" You asked while he nodded his head.

"That was incredible! I can't believe how strong the four of you are!" She said in disbelief.

"Thank you." You said while Ash rubbed the back of his head.

"What happened to your Z Crystals?" Kiawe asked looking at both of your Z Rings. "It disintegrated. That means it's too soon for you guys to use Z-Moves. You haven't gone through the island challenge yet."

You smiled at his answer as you looked at Ash who smiled back. " Then that means we'll just have to take that challenge." You said taking them by surprise.

"Yeah! We'll pass the challenge and get another Z-Crystal and do Z-Moves the right way!" Ash continued.

"That makes sense." Professor Kukui said while smiling the two of you. Every else agreed with your decision about taking the Island challenge.

"That's awesome! Thank you, guys!" Ash said as you nodded in agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 302 20
Y/n is a aura guardian from Alola, he meets Ash and decides to travel with him. What adventures will they have together? Read to find out
93.4K 2.1K 99
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...
35.5K 344 15
Ash had confessed his love to Serena but she doesn't feel the same way. Ash decided to travel again to another region which he would meet a new kind...
125K 2.2K 34
You are Giovanni's Daughter, so you always lived a member of Team Rocket. Your father always was too busy with his work so you were raised far apart...