Sam & Colby One Shots

By samandcolby1216

just some solby All the titles are song names More

long live
lost without you
swim
hotline bling
are you gonna kiss me or not?
sipping on fire
dead or alive
dead or alive (2)
dead or alive (3)
bloodline
up all night
dj got us falling in love
speechless
fireflies
we don't have to take our clothes off
paralyzed
bright lights
sign of the times
life is a highway
bad blood
crazier
talk fast
tidal wave
only human
cool for the summer
burn
as long as you love me
mistletoe
when christmas comes to town
santa tell me
baby it's cold outside
silent night
pillowtalk
take care
take care (2)
friends
tequila
we've lost touch
alone together
breathin'
i miss the days
he like that
i never told you
halo
halo (2)
say you won't let go
us against the world
waiting for superman
all of the stars
give me love
3 am
ballin'
better
song like you
some nights
back to december
your love is my drug
chasing cars
lover
slow motion
hallucinations
getaway car
work from home
blue roses
watermelon sugar
need you now
need you now (2)
calm down
from now on
set fire to the rain
closer to the edge
eyes closed
chasing you

how to save a life

1.1K 24 5
By samandcolby1216

The elevator ride to the fifth floor seemed to be taking forever. Sam glanced at the three other boys standing with him. They were all smiling and laughing about the trip and fun events they would be doing. They were oblivious to the way Sam was feeling, sick to his stomach. They didn't notice his shaky hands or quivering lips as he held in his tears. They didn't notice his sweaty appearance as a fever spread through his body. And they didn't notice his deep cough or stuffy nose. All Sam wanted to do was curl up into a ball on the comfy hotel mattress and sleep forever.

The elevator finally dinged and Sam pushes, with all his might, off the wall and out the door. Elton and Corey were a couple steps ahead of him while his best friend was walking by his side. His legs felt like jello and he walked crookedly, bumping into Colby.

"Woah, you alright?" Colby asks, putting hand on Sams shoulder. Sam rubs his forehead and nods hastily. He didn't want anyone worrying about him, that's why he hasn't said a word about him not feeling good.

They arrive outside Elton and Corey's shared hotel room. All four boys wander inside. Sam instantly goes for the perfectly made bed, just wanting to rest his head on the pillow. He could feel Colby watching him but he didn't care. The room looked like a regular hotel room, two queen sized beds, along with a tv, dresser, mini fridge and a bathroom. Of course there was a wide window too that provided a view of the city.

While the other three boys looked at the view, Sam kicked his shoes off and laid down. Although he tried not to close his eyes, they fluttered shut and he didn't have the energy to keep them open. Traveling and being sick is the worst combination ever.

While Sam was sleeping, the other three boys sat on the other bed. They scrolled through their phones for awhile listening to the soft snores of Sam. Colby glanced at his friend and felt kind of bad. Colby knew Sam wasn't feeling good but was too stubborn to say anything.

"I think Sam might be sick," Colby sighed, leaning back against the pillow. Elton glances up from his phone to look at Sam.

"You think?" Corey asks, finally taking his shoes off.

"Yeah, I can just tell," Colby mumbles, watching the blondes chest move up and down.

"I'm sure you can, with you being his best friend for what? Five years now?" Elton said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Colby glares at him but nods.

"But he's just too stubborn to say anything. He thinks he'll be a hinderance if he says anything," Colby says. Colby knew Sam well enough to understand how and why he acts a certain way.

"Well maybe he'll sleep it off," Corey replies. Elton shares his opinion with Corey about Sam needing to sleep off his sickness.

Colby gets up and walks over to his sleeping friend. He leans over Sam slightly and presses a hand on Sams forehead. He brushes some of the hair off his face.

"Does he have a fever?" Corey asks curiously.

"I can't tell," Colby whispers. Sam moves underneath his hand and slowly opens his eyes. A raging headache makes him groan in pain. He didn't fall asleep with a headache so why does he have one now? Sam stretches his legs before looking into Colby's eyes. Colby knew his friend well enough to understand what Sam was saying through his eyes. He wanted to go to their room.

"I think we're gonna go to our room now. To rest and clean up before dinner," Colby says, helping Sam find his shoes. They had a dinner reservation in a few hours and Colby really wanted to shower before going. Sam stood up, leaning into Colby as his eyes drooped shut. Elton and Corey said their goodbyes as they walked out.

Sam and Colby's room was two doors down and Colby fumbled with the key to open it. Once it was open Sam rushes in, stumbling over his untied shoe laces. Colby caught him around the waist before he could fall. Sam sighed and Colby pulled the smaller boy into a hug.

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick, Sam?" Colby whispers into the boys hair. When Sam was sick, he needed a lot of help. He could barely function when he is sick and needs help with simple tasks. His brain is so preoccupied with making him better to do everyday tasks.

"I didn't want you to worry," Sam whispers back. Colby pulled Sam away, keeping his hands around his shoulders, to look Sam in the eyes.

"I'm your best friend. It's my job to worry," Colby said. Sams eyes were still heavy and he blinked frequently to stay awake. "Let me see if you have a fever."

Sam nods and allows Colby to press his lips onto his forehead. After a few moments, Colby confirmed that Sam did indeed have a fever. Colby rubs his fingers up and down Sams arms.

"A nice hot shower will make you feel a little better," Colby said sweetly, trying to make Sam better. Sams eyes dart to the door before leaning into Colby more. His head was tucked under Colby's chin, arms wrapped around his body. He closed his eyes and listened to Colby's heartbeat.

"I don't think I can do it," Sam grumbled. He was too tired, too sick to do anything. All he wanted was to sleep and sleep and then sleep some more. Colby rubs Sams back, soothing the boy.

"How about if I help you?" Colby asked cautiously. Sure, they've showered before a few times but Sam is sick now and Colby didn't want to take advantage of that.

Colby felt Sam nod his head and whispered an, "Okay."

So Colby picked up Sam bridal style into the bathroom. He sat the blonde on the sink counter and turned on the hot water in the shower. While the water was warming up, Colby helped Sam take his clothes off. He pulled the T-shirt over his head while Sam kicked his shoes off once again. Sam fumbled with his jeans before throwing his hands up, groaning.

"I can't even unbuckle my pants," he groans. Colby chuckles softly before helping Sam out of his jeans. Then the blonde was left in his boxers.

"Are you gonna get in too?" Sam asked, wondering why the brunette wasn't undressing. But Colby wasn't planning on getting in with Sam, just to stand outside and help him with the shampoo and soap.

"Do you want me to?" Colby questions back. He watches Sams eyes. They sparkled as he looked down, suddenly embarrassed.

"I can barely stand. I think I'll need your help," Sam whispers, feeling ashamed. Colby understood immediately and started undressing. Once Colby was in his boxers, he reaches into the tub and feels the water. Perfect. He pulls the lift plug and the shower comes to life.

"Ok ready?" Colby says, helping Sam off the counter. Sam slips his boxers off and Colby does the same. Colby lifts the blonde over the ledge and into the falling water.

The water dripped down their skin as they stood under the flow. Colby's back was to it while Sam was wrapped in his arms. His head tucked under Colby's chin again. It was a comfortable position and Colby didn't mind it.

"Is it too hot?" Colby asks, biting his lip. It felt good to him but Sam might think differently.

"No... feels good," Sam replied.

Sam leaned into Colby more, loving the way his best friend felt and how the water dripped down his chest. Sams blonde hair was covering his eyes and he lifts his head. Colby runs a hand through the smaller ones hair to remove it from his eyes.

"You wanna wash your hair?" Colby asked, eying the shampoo bottle in the corner.

"Yes," Sam simply said. So Colby made sure Sam wouldn't fall before reaching down for the bottle. He poured some into his palm before turning Sam around. He massaged the shampoo into Sams blonde hair before rinsing it out. He then washed his own hair. And Sam watched the way the water rolled down Colby's spine.

After shampooing and washing themselves with the soap, they found themselves back in the same position. With Sams head tucked under Colby's chin. They let the water roll down their bodies once more. Colby leaned his head onto Sams soaking wet hair and closed his eyes.

"We should probably get out yeah?" Colby said eventually after their fingers were pruned. He felt Sam nod and he reached behind to turn the water off. He pulled the curtain back and helped Sam out of the tub. He handed Sam a dry towel and the blonde began to dry himself off. After wrapping a towel around their waists, they exit the bathroom to find some clothes to wear.

Colby helped Sam find his pajamas, rifling through his suitcase. "Really? Your pajamas? We're going to dinner soon," Colby said once lifting Sams basketball shorts and black T-shirt out.

"I wanna be comfy right now," Sam says quietly. Colby understood and helped Sam into his clothes. Then Sam crawled into bed, pulling the sheets up to his chin. He watched as Colby slipped on some sweatpants and opting to go shirtless at the moment.

"Sam, go to sleep. I'll wake you when it's time for dinner," Colby said once catching Sam staring at him. And Sam finally allowed himself to fall asleep.

Colby sat on the opposite bed, watching the blonde sleep. He made sure his chest was moving up and down, still breathing. He watched the boy twitch in his sleep from a dream, his nose crinkling up. Colby glances at the clock, they still had a few hours until dinner and after the shower Colby suddenly felt tired himself. He slipped under his own sheets, facing Sam and tried falling asleep. But each time he closed his eyes, he heard Sam shaking in the other bed and it made his heart hurt.

He made the decision to crawl into the same bed as Sams. He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and he instantly cuddled into Colby's bare chest. His head once again tucked under Colby's chin. And Colby fell asleep.

The ear piercing ring of the hotel phone made Colby shoot up in bed. Sam was moving beside him, slowly waking up. Colby reached behind him and picked up the phone before it could ring again. He clutched the phone, breathing heavily as he watched Sam fall back into his slumber.

"Hello? Colby? Sam?" Elton spoke loudly on the other end.

"What?" Colby whispered rather harshly, upset that he had been woken up. He glanced down at Sam, who was clutching Colby's arm that was propping him up. His eyes and nose twitched.

"Where are you guys at?"

Colby looks at the clock, 6:49pm. They were late to dinner. Colby groaned into the phone so Elton could hear. Elton must be calling from the hotel restaurants phone.

"Look, Sam is still asleep. And I don't think there's anyway we can make it. He's pretty sick, he needs to rest," Colby explained into the phone while smoothing out the blondes hair.

"Yeah, alright. I guess he needs to get better before all our events. I don't want him to be miserable," Elton sighs into the phone.

"He just needs to sleep it off," Colby says. Sam shifts in his sleep, curling into a ball. His eyes blink open and he stares at Colby sleepily. Colby gives him a small smile before going back to the conversation.

"Well I guess Corey and I will eat. Maybe after we'll come by and see y'all, make sure Sams feeling better," Elton says.

"Sounds good," Colby replies and hangs up the phone. Sam stretches, yawning, then pulls Colby back down. Colby lays on his back as Sam curls into his side, resting his head on Colby's bare chest once again.

"Who's that?" Sam whispers, voice laced with curiosity.

"Elton," Colby replies. Sam hums in response and curls his fingers around Colby's arm.

"You feeling any better?" Colby asked, tilting his head to press his lips to Sams forehead again. The fever seemed to have dropped for now and Colby prays it doesn't come back.

"A little... kinda hungry," Sam says tiredly, lifting his head to look at the digital clock.

"Room service?" Colby questions because neither boy wanted to leave the bed. Sams agrees and Colby calls room service, ordering whatever Sam wanted.

There was a knock on the door fifteen minutes later and Colby dragged himself away from Sam to answer it. The man rolled the cart halfway into the room before waving goodbye. Colby finished rolling the trays of food inside their room. Sam was sitting criss cross on the messy bed, eagerly waiting for the food.

After eating all the food, Sam looked way better. His complexion went back to normal and his eyelids didn't droop. And now his stomach was full and he was energized. They had the tv on playing a cartoon to keep them entertained. Colby was propped up against the headboard, pillows behind his back. Sam was next to him, leaning his head on Colby's bicep.

"Thanks Colbs," Sam mumbled during a commercial.

"Huh?" Colby said grabbing the remote to turn it down. He slid down deeper into the pillows, taking Sam with him. Colby played with Sams tiny fingers.

"Thanks for, ya know, making me feel better," Sam replies, sighing softly at the way Colby touched him, gently.

"Anytime Sammy," Colby giggles. And Sams stomach did somersaults but not because he was sick.

After awhile Sam fell back asleep in Colby's arms. And Colby was glad he left the door cracked for Elton and Corey. They walked in an hour later, laughing lightly.

"What's up- oh oops," Corey says before realizing Sam was passed out. They both took a seat on the opposite bed. Colby muted the tv.

Sams fingers had weaved their way through Colby's. Colby was running his thumb over Sams soft skin tenderly. His other arm was wrapped protectively around Sams shoulder. Corey eyes their closeness.

"Did y'all eat?" Elton asks, oblivious to the empty food trays.

"Room service," Colby whispers, nodding to the trays sitting on the desk. Elton turns around and has an 'ah ha' moment as he sees the trays.

"Well we just wanted to check in. Make sure Sam was doing okay. We've got a big couple of days ahead," Elton says moment later. Colby squeezes Sam softly.

"He'll be fine. His fever broke earlier. He just needs rest," Colby says, leaning his head onto Sams. 

"Good. Well sleep tight. I'll be calling bright and early," Elton chuckles standing up. Corey follows in Elton's manner.

"Goodnight solby," Corey laughs. Colby blushes and shooed him out the door. Colby felt embarrassed as Corey used their ship name but right now it does look like the ship was sailing: with Sam pressed against Colby's body, holding hands, sleeping together. But Colby didn't mind and neither did Sam.

The rest of the trip Sam felt fine. He didn't feel sick or tired anymore. He had energy to do the events and activities Elton had planned. He ate normally and his fever never returned. Yet Colby slept with Sam the entire week, though he had a perfectly fine bed for himself, Sam wanted to feel safe. And Colby provided that feeling.

(bet y'all thought it was gonna be sad because of the title)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 226 22
𝕀𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕝 π•₯𝕠 π•‘π•’π•£π•’π••π•šπ•€π•– π•šπ•€π•π•’π•Ÿπ••
318K 2.5K 49
Imagines of Trap house but mostly Colby Enjoy :)
141K 1.9K 30
☠️No Name☠️
239K 4.7K 29
🀀 Solby 🀀