Side Quests

By JoeRover2

A home for all the random stuff I think up that doesn't fit anywhere else: fanfics, images, video, short stor... More

Battle for the Last Snack!/The Meme Saga
Betty the Cow: 10, 60, 600 Word Challenge
Assault on Furryland
Snow Flurry
Politalks Review
People Watching
"Rebels" Sample
Clean Your Plate
Who Are the Dragons in "How to Train Your Dragon"
YouTube CliffsNotes | Living the Write Life
A Night Out
Bobby's Secret | Story Bites
Brushing
A Woodcutter's Duty
Interview Transcript
A Weighty Loss
A Brief History Lesson
Bank on It
Never Listens
World Map 2027
Channel Surfing
Fitness 51
Gloves | Rebellion Files
The Case of the Missing Murderers
Top 10 Ways to Survive an Alien Abduction

Outfits

4 2 1
By JoeRover2

Glue, my arch-nemesis, sipped his tea. I placed my sandwich back on the fancy, but not too fancy, plate. A cool, soft breeze crossed the outdoor café and tickled my golden-brown fur.

"I've been meaning to ask," I said once my mouth was empty of food, "why is it that villains wear such outrageous costumes?"

The glue within Glue's orange and black containment suit pumped through the tubing making a sloshing noise before he answered. "To be noticed."

"Really?"

He sat down his cup. "There are so many villains nowadays it's hard to stand out. The market is terribly oversaturated." He sighed, creating more sloshing noises. "It used to be all you needed to do was point a death ray at some city and demand a ransom; you'd at least get one do-gooder trying to stop you. Now, they won't even look at you unless you have at least a thousand followers on PostBook."

I shook my head. "I miss the days when all you needed were some tights and a cape."

"Those days are long gone," sighed Glue, looking towards the sky as if he were looking for something. Eventually, he faced me again. "Now, I've got to come up with some fresh new scheme at least once a week or The Algorithm will declare me 'dead' and give my spot to some hotshot doing the 12 Thefts In One Day Challenge. It's getting tough. Just yesterday, I posted a tutorial on proper villain monologuing, and it only got a forty likes."

"That is rough."

"Do you know how hard it is to stay brand-friendly when you're a murderous sociopath? Last week, the video of me poisoning the water supply was demonetized. I had to join a crowd-funding site to make up for the lost ad revenue."

"Just so you know, if you ever need any help...I'm more than happy to pummel you."

"Thank you, Dogboy. You're a true nemesis."

The timers on our Omni-Cuffs sounded. Beep, beep, beep...

"Ooop," I said. "Break's over."

Glue quickly stood then flung the table, spilling the food and drinks. The pink silk tablecloth caught the wind and blew into the umbrella stand of a nearby table. Glue raised his wrist blaster towards me. I jumped from my chair and into a fighting-guard stance.

"Time to die, you Miserable Mongrel!" shouted Glue.

"Not today, villain!"

He fired. I dodged.

_________
Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
297K 8.2K 137
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
38K 2.5K 61
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
95.2K 2.4K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...