Jewel

Od princessbri77

I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world. After my parents died, life turned into a Cinderella s... Viac

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 1

1.8K 32 1
Od princessbri77

Jewel

A/N:

Hey guys! I am so excited to be writing this new story! I've had the idea for a while, but just haven't had the time to put it together yet. This is a spin-off of A Cinderella Story and NOT a fanfiction, but hopefully you all will still enjoy. I will do my best to update regularly, but we all know how that worked out last time so just bare with me. Thanks! Love you all!

*------------*

*4 years old*

"Good morning, Mere. You have a big day today," a soft voice coos as the room fills with light.

I know exactly what day it is, it's my first day of pre-school and mommy has been getting me ready for this day for as long as I can remember. I jump out of bed and run into my mommy's arms and she picks me up and hugs me tight. "It's my first day of school, ever!" I squeal.

"It sure is! Now let's get you dressed." Mommy puts me down and walks over to my dresser to get my outfit that we picked out for the first day of school. It's a pair of jeans and my favorite pink shirt with a gray sweater. I hold onto mommy's shoulders as I step into my pants and she pulls my strawberry blonde hair back into a ponytail with a little pink bow that matches my shirt.

I love my mommy. She always loves to play with me and dress me up pretty. She plays hide-and-seek and tag with me, and she pushes me in the swings at the new park. Well, it's only new to me because we just moved here to Portland, Oregon last week for daddy's job. My brover Jackson wasn't too happy about moving I don't think. He's almost seven in first grade. He looks just like me, but with brown hair.

Anyways, I skip downstairs for breakfast and hold onto the rail as I go down, making sure I don't fall. Mommy made my favorite, crepes with chocolate and marshmallow filling. There is a small bowl of strawberries by my plate that I eat all up, then rush back upstairs to brush my teeth before I go to my first day of school.

"Jackson, Meredith, let's go" mommy calls from the steps. I make sure to put on my thin silver bracelet mommy got me for my fourth birthday before heading down stairs. My dog Bruno is also waiting for me downstairs and he gives me a big kiss on the cheek after I put on my back pack. He's still taller than me because I am tiny and he is a great dane, a gray one to be exact. I like to ride him like a pony around the house too. He's my best friend.

Mommy buckles me into the car seat and lets Jackson get in on the other side of the car. The whole ride to the school mommy talks to us about being excited and meeting new friends and other things, but I make sure to watch out the window at everything we pass along the way.

Before I know it, we are here and I hold mommy's hand as we walk inside together. Jackson doesn't wait, he just takes off to his class room. Mommy and I walk down a long hallway until we get to Mrs. Murphy's pre-k room at the end.

Mrs. Murphy greets all the children excitedly at the door and I hug mommy's leg cautiously. I'm not the best at meeting new people; I like to play by myself a lot, or with mommy or Jackson, but that's usually it. She tries to get me to go play with the other kids and mommy motions for me to join them.

As I look around the room, there are a lot of kids playing will all sorts of different toys. There is one boy by himself at a table and I think I might go play with him. I give mommy a big hug before I go and she kisses me again, "Have a great day, sweetie and I'll see you in a few hours."

With that, I walk slowly over to the coloring table and sit down across from the boy. He doesn't look up for a minute, so I pull out a coloring book from the stack and a crayon and start to color. He has brown hair, just like my brother and he's wearing a red shirt, but that's all I can see yet.

"What are you drawing?" I ask.

"A monster truck!" the boy says in a funny voice and holds up the paper so I can see. I giggle and show him my coloring of a monster truck too. "Woah, you like monster trucks too?!" his eyes bug out of his head.

"Sometimes when I play with my brover" I answer.

"You have red hair." He observes plainly.

"It's strawberry blonde" I correct him and look at my pony tail just to make sure.

"Whatever" he rolls his eyes. "What's your name?"

"Meredith Jewel. What's your name?"

"I'm Blake. It's nice to meet you Meredith Jewel" he holds his hand out over the crayons to shake my hand.

"Nice to meet you Blake No-last-name" I giggle and he does the same.

"I'm going to call you Mere because Meredith is a long name."

"No" I frown. "Only my mommy calls me Mere."

"But I like Mere."

"Humph, then I'm gonna call you Lake." I pout and cross my arms over my chest.

"Hey!" he mocks me.

I smirk at him until he takes back my nick name. "Fine, I'll only call you Mere sometimes," he concedes.

"Fine." I uncross my arms and go back to coloring.

"Are we friends?" he asks.

I look him up and down once before answering, "I guess so. But don't call me Mere" I wag my little pointer finger in his face.

He smiles and goes back to coloring too until Mrs. Murphy calls us to come for story time.

Mrs. Murphy is reading my favorite book, The Rainbow Fish and my new friend Blake and I make fishy faces at each other during the whole book. Blake is actually kind of funny.

Next it's snack time and I get my baggie of apple slices from my backpack and join Blake again on the rug. All the other kids have chips or cookies, but my mommy always made me eat healthy snacks. She says it's better for me. I don't pay the others much mind as I play with Blake's action figures and eat my apples.

Now it's naptime, but I never much like taking naps. I get my blanket anyways and curl into a ball on the floor with the other kids. Blake and I lay facing each other and we whisper back and forth for a while so Mrs. Murphy won't hear us. He doesn't like to take naps either. This is the longest nap time ever.

After naptime is singing time and we all sing the alphabet together. Then we have playtime, and then it's time for my first day of school ever to be over.

When I see mommy come inside the classroom to get me, I run so fast into her arms and she scoops me up with a big hug and a kiss. "Hi, Mere! How was your first day of school?"

"Great! I met a new friend!" I squeak and point over to wear Blake is still playing with his action figures.

"By any chance, is that little boy's name Blake Todd?" mommy asks me.

"Well his first name is Blake, but I'm not sure about the last part."

"Tell ya what, I met his mommy after I dropped you off this morning and they live right across the street from us so we can take him home and you two can have a play date today."

"Really?!"

"Yes! Why don't you go tell him" she smiles and puts me back down.

I run as fast as my little legs will carry me over to Blake. "Hey, Lake guess what?!"

"What, Mere?" I frown at the use of my nickname for a second before telling him that he gets to come home with me. He is excited too and we both race out of the room and to the car.

When we get back to my house, Blake points to the house across the street, "Hey! That's where I live."

"Yea, okay, come on. I want you to meet my dog Bruno!" I grab his hand and tug him inside. "He's kind of big, just so you know." I warn my new friend before my dog comes running to the mud room from inside the house.

"Woah!" Blake backs up against the door, scared and I run to give Bruno a big hug.

"He's really nice. It's okay. Mommy calls him a gentle giant." I tell Blake as I climb onto Bruno's back.

"You sit on his back?"

"Only until I get too big. But until then, he really helps me run fast because I have short legs. Come on, let's go play outside." I hug Bruno's neck so he knows I'm ready for him to run and we dash out the back door.

Jackson isn't home from school yet or I bet he would love to play with us. Daddy isn't home either. He works a lot and I usually only see him before I go to bed.

Blake and I play outside for a long time. He wears my sweater as a cape and he finds a stick that he pretends is a sword and chases me and Bruno around the back yard. He is trying to protect the kingdom from giants. I end up winning though and the game ends with Bruno licking Blake's hair. I think it is so silly.

"Can Bruno hold two four year olds?" Blake asks.

"I dunno. Prolly. Mommy says I can ride him until I'm prolly 7, so that's close. Hop on." I make Bruno lay down for Blake to get on his back too. Bruno can definitely hold us both which is so cool!

We play outside for a while longer before mommy calls us inside for some fresh chocolate chip cookies she made. When we both come inside, riding Bruno, mommy laughs a lot and takes a few pictures of us. We slide off of Bruno and climb onto the high top chairs by the table with our plates of cookies and glasses of milk. We can't stop giggling as we dip our cookies in the milk and some pieces brake off.

Soon it's time for Blake to go home and I give him a big hug before he goes. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mere!" He calls to me as he runs down the front porch steps.

"Bye, Lake!"

"Well that was nice, wasn't it? Looks like you two were having a lot of fun." Mommy smiles.

"Oh yes, we did."

"Okay, silly. Go wash up for dinner." I happily oblige and crawl/run up the stairs to my room. I still get lost sometimes finding the bathroom because it's in a secret place.

Dinner is nice, even though daddy isn't home yet and Jackson tells us about his day and I tell him about my new friend Blake.

Daddy finally comes home in time to tuck me into bed. I try telling him about my day and all the fun I had playing outside with Bruno and Blake, and eating cookies, and pretending we were protecting a kingdom, but his phone rings before I can even really begin and he says he has to take it but he'll see me tomorrow. ...Yea, tomorrow night.

Mommy takes his place though and she reads me a story before clicking off my lamp and giving me a kiss goodnight. I can't stop thinking of my first day of school and how much fun it's going to be. I can't wait for tomorrow.

A/N:

Hope you all liked the first chapter of "Jewel." I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures in the sidebar for this story because I think that will be super fun! If anybody knows how to and would like to shed some light, that'd be fantastic. Okay, hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see ya soon.

Always much love,

Bri

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

799K 12.6K 53
Paige finds high school boring. So she escapes to her sister, having fun playing a princess and running wild. But she’s forgotten that in fairy tale...
49 0 41
Me and my sister are about two years apart, everyone is supposed to sign this magic book and relive their parents stories, become the new fill in the...
2.3K 106 19
People told me that after we kissed on that day we would live "Happily Ever After" ,yet here I stand,unhappy,and in love with someone else. My life t...