The Survivors | BTS ✓

By kxmtae__

It was a normal day at school. The long morning classes followed by lunch and eventually dismissal. But dismi... More

Author Note
Day Zero: Jungkook
Day Zero: Jimin
Day Zero: Hoseok & Namjoon
Day Zero: Yoongi
Day Zero: Taehyung & Jin
Cast {Important}
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Final Chapter
Frequently asked questions
A Message from the Author

Chapter Thirty-Three

16.9K 1K 1.2K
By kxmtae__

{scaffolding}

The stars lit the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appeared still, like an old photograph. Jimin found himself steadying his breathing, feeling the cold wind blow his hair into a tousled mane as he lead the squad towards the entrance of the building. It was decided that Jimin would lead the squad forwards. Jungkook was still physically wounded, so it wouldn't have been a very ethical decision to let him take any hits, so Jimin volunteered himself. After all, he was once a squad leader himself. 

Sharpened blade drawn by his side, Jimin stealthily made it to the building's entrance, "This is it." he sounded, bringing his flashlight into his hand as he pointed the beam at the door in front of him. The door was framed with what looked like a plank of wood around the outside edges and one across the middle for strength. The wood had been clawed at and had a slightly bubbly look, a sign that it was decaying from the rain. It had no handle but was rusted at the joints. "Stand back," Jimin spoke, clicking off his flashlight and shoving it into his pocket, "I'm gonna bust it open." 

As the rest of the squad took a step back, Jimin rolled his neck, jumping slightly side to side as he warmed himself up. With narrowed eyes and a steady gaze, Jimin took off his feet, raising his leg and kicking down the door with almost inhuman strength. The wood cracked open under the pressure of his kick, leaving a hole for Jimin to reach through and open the door. 

As the door opened, its creaking noise brought a chill down Jimin's spine. The door sounded like some dying animal, crying out its pain and sorrow with its last breath. The rest of the squad found themselves bringing their hands to their ears, cringing at the sound like it was nails on a chalkboard. "Alright," Jimin spoke, securing the doorway, "We're in."

Hoseok was first to slip inside. It was easy to say that abandoned buildings tended to creak, not in the creepy horror movie kind of way, generally speaking, but more of in the, 'oh shit, I should probably get out of here before this thing collapses on me' kind of a way. It was a building that had left everyone hesitant to even step through the doorway. 

That said, Hoseok stepped inside anyway, ignoring the stupid creaking. "Listen up everyone," Hoseok announced, gaining the squads upmost attention, "Be careful, this building is on a lean and we don't want anyone falling through any floors or windows." he explained, earning a gulp from some of the members, "got it?"

"Got it." they all spoke in unison. 

Against the darkened night sky, all Hoseok could manage to see was the crumbling walls that were nothing more than a ghostly silhouette of some previous existence. As they began to climb the stairs, he passed by cracked windows and mouldy, brown wooden walls with water stains painted across their skin. 

However, silvers of starlight shone through the cracked window pains, drawing Hoseok's attention outside. Beyond the abandoned building, the soft light of the moon spilled into the room. From high up a majestic view of the skyline appeared with such beauty. There wasn't a cloud in the star-speckled sky. Rows of the towering skyscrapers stretched beyond him, their windows reflecting the moon. 

Lowering his gaze from the star filled sky, Hoseok turned back to his squad. And definitely in the nick of time. As his eyes fell back over the floor, Hoseok heard an awful creak, one louder and more threatening then before. And within seconds. Daisy was falling through the floor. 

"Fuck!" Hoseok cursed, dropping his flashlight as his feet raced over towards Daisy. It almost seemed as if time had completely slowed down as the orange hair male reached out for his counterpart, diving off his feet and extending an arm. Before a scream could even leave Daisies parted lips, Hoseok's hand had snatched up her own, lacing their fingers together as Hoseok lay on his stomach, arm through the floor as his hand held tightly onto Daisies. 

Beads of sweat began to litter his tanned skin as he struggled holding up Daisies weight. It seemed Daisy had quickly caught on because almost as soon as it had happened, Daisy rose her opposite arm, latching her hand painfully onto the wooden floor above her, trying to hoist herself up. She had given Hoseok just enough assistance to allow him to pull her up, grunting as he brought her up beside himself. 

As soon as Daisy was laying flat on the floor, Hoseok turned on his back, chest rising and falling as he gasped for air, "That..." he tried to regain his breath, "that was a... close one"

"Woah..." Daisy spoke, eyes still wide in shock from her fall, "Hoseok, do you have super speed or something?" 

At Daisies sudden words, Hoseok turned on his side, "Hey!" he shout, snapping her out of her trance as she faced her ticked off boyfriend, "You almost died and you're joking around!?" he lectured. 

Daisy let out a small chuckle, raising a dainty finger and booming Hoseok's nose, "Just lightening up the mood." she smiled, gesturing to the rest of the squad standing silently around them. Everything had happened so quickly, the squad hadn't even had enough time to process what had just happened. 

Jimin stepped forwards, leaning over the two individuals laying on the floor, "Come on guys," he spoke, extending both of his hands, "Lets get a move on." he smiled, watching as both Hoseok and Daisy sat up, taking a hold of each of Jimin's hands as the blonde haired male hoisted them back to their feet. 

The springy, lively curls in her chestnut hair bounced around as she rose to her feet, Daisy chuckled as she caught onto Hoseok's rather stern expression, allowing him to relax a little as she slipped her dainty hand into his warmer and more comforting one. "Thanks Hoseok." she spoke softly under the moonlight, finding herself at ease when a small smile crept it's way across Hoseok's lips. 

"Lets go!" Jimin called, shuffling his feet over the creaking floorboards as he reached the door to the next staircase. Wrapping a hand around the cold metal, Jimin let out a grunt as he pushed open the door, rusted hinges slightly screeching as the door swung wide open. Taking a step into the room, Jimin felt his heart drop the moment a figure leapt out from the shadows. The clicking  transformed into a screech of ape like fury as the creature spun itself in Jimin's direction, far to close for Jimin to slip out his pocket knife and land a hit. 

Shutting his eyes in terror, Jimin braced himself for the worst, but was extremely surprised when the echoing sound of a gunshot filled the room. Slowly opening his eyes, Jimin watched as the clicker dropped to the floor, rotting corpse landing at his feet with a thud. Soft blonde bangs falling over his eyes, Jimin swept his gaze to the squad behind him, not surprised to see Yoongi, arm raised and gun in his clutches. 

Yoongi had shot the clicker straight over Jimin's shoulder. 

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi pushed his way past the squad, landing himself up front with Jimin, "Lets not mess around anymore." he spoke, slipping his handgun back into the side of his belt, "We can't afford to drop our guards." 

Gulping, Jimin gave a nod, this time slipping his blade into his hand as his focus fell back onto the task at hand. Jungkook, who had been unusually silent let out a sigh, "Yoongi's right, we can't drop our guards," he spoke up, gesturing out the ceiling to floor window behind him, "We're almost at the very top of building, we can't let our attention slip now."

Jungkook was right. The squad had climbed up to almost the very top of the building. Just a few more stories up and the gaping windows of the building across from them would be reachable. Slipping his flashlight from his pocket, Jungkook turned his attention to his squad, cocking his head in the direction of the next flight of stairs. 

They climbed for what seemed like an eternity before reaching the higher levels of the building. From the cracked ceiling to floor windows, it felt as if they could almost touch the sky if they really tried. With tired and heavy breathing, Jimin swung open the next door, giving the all clear for the rest of the group to enter. Making his way over to the next flight of stairs, Jimin felt his heart sink when his flashlight illuminated the structure before him. "There's no way we can make it past that." Jimin shuddered, pointing a finger at the staircase. 

Gaze flickering over Jimin's shoulder, Jungkook bit his lip as his eyes lay upon the troublesome sight before them. The staircase was covered. Floor to ceiling in rubble, too heavy for them to move with nothing but brute strength. Realising the desperate situation, Taehyung broke himself away from Jungkook, dashing over to the glassless window as he lay eyes over the building beside them. "It's still too far away," Taehyung sighed, cold midnight air channeling through the window and tousling his hair. Letting out a lace of curses, Taehyung placed a hand on the window frame, slightly leaning out the window to get an idea of how high they actually were. Lips beginning to turn purple in the cold, Taehyung's eyes widened when he noticed something inline with their level. "Guys..." Taehyung spoke up, earning the attention of the squad as they made their way over to the window beside Taehyung, "There's old scaffolding on this side of the building." he explained, pointing towards a single metal platform inline with the window, "It's low enough for us to climb onto, and high enough for us to reach the next level."

Leaning out of the window beside him, Jungkook's eyes lit up at the scaffolding in front of them, "Lets give it a shot." he spoke. 

It was safe to say, Taehyung was completely caught off guard when Jungkook placed a leg on the window cill, pulling himself up so he was balancing thinly between the floor and the scaffolding. With an outstretched leg, Jungkook tapped against the metal structure noticing how easily it creaked and swayed in the wind. It was dangerous, but their only chance at making it up the building. 

Sucking in a sharp breath of cold air, Jungkook jumped from the window, landing his two feet firmly on the scaffolding. The metal made a horrifying screech as it swayed away from the wall for a brief moment, the only thing holding it up being the two ropes holding it at either end. "Lets hurry," Jungkook commanded, bending his knees before jumping off his feet. His hand successfully latched onto the window cill above them, allowing for Jungkook to safely climb to the next level. 

Leaning over the window frame, Taehyung's eyes locked with the ground hundreds of metres below them, "I'm way to sober for this." he sighed, running a hand through his brunette hair before climbing onto the window cill. Just the same a Jungkook did, Taehyung jumped onto the scaffolding, breathing hitching in his throat as the metal screeched underneath his feet. Lowing a hand from the window above, Jungkook allowed for Taehyung to latch on, intertwining their fingers together as Jungkook pulled the taller male up to the level above. "I'm... never doing that again." Taehyung spoke, voice slightly shaking as he immediately shuffled away from the window. 

The rest went rather smoothly. Namjoon helped Tessa climb up, even after she insisted she was fine to jump up to the next window on her own. Hoseok on the other hand insisted he'd help Daisy up, but Daisy refused to take Hoseok's hand, complaining that it would only put more strain on his injured shoulder. So instead of taking Hoseok's hand, she accepted help from Namjoon. Jin climbed up after that, handing Taehyung the temporary vaccine for safe keeping before latching a hand onto the window frame, impressing everyone with his physical strength. 

"You're next Yoongi." Jimin spoke, stepping aside so that Yoongi could make his way over to the window. As the blue haired male stood against the window frame a heavy gust of wind weaved its way throughout the concrete jungle of buildings, blowing Yoongi's bangs completely back from his eyes as he leant out the broken window. "Dammit!" Jimin cursed, watching as the scaffolding began to jitter in the wind growing more and more unstable with each passing second. 

Holding tightly onto the window frame, Yoongi almost chocked on his own saliva when a loud 'snap!' could be heard, one of the ropes completely detaching itself from the metal scaffolding, sending it straight to the ground hundreds of meters below their feet. 

The only remains of the scaffolding were the two thick ropes, tormenting them as they blew softly in the wind. "God dammit!" Yoongi cursed, jumping back from the window cill as he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, "That was our only way up!" 

Jimin too was in denial, kicking a glass bottle at his feet in anger, "What the heck do we do now?"

Yoongi turned to Jimin to discuss a plan, but went pale at the sight of an all too familiar figure entering through the room. A cold chill was sent down the back of his spine, almost paralysing him as the sound of clicking began to fill the room, echoing hauntingly off the walls. 

And it wasn't just one clicker

It was a horde.

---------------------

{Author Note}

Finally some long awaited zombie action! This book will be rapping up in about 10 chapters, but if you wanna take a hint about how this book might end off, take a closer look at the book cover. You might find some newly added writing ;)

Update tomorrow!

(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 881 56
COMPLETED [currently rewriting] When the world goes to shit, its brings the most unexpected groups of people together What happens when polar opposit...
308K 10.4K 34
You, Y/N, are an ARMY. You're the smartest in your class and you're the biggest loner of school. No friends=no way to get hurt. Until one day. One da...
108K 6.1K 43
"Trust the apocalypse to push him out of the closet." ----- Taehyung and Jimin are alone. Completely and utterly alone. The first attack hit more tha...
147K 5.4K 46
"Park Jimin you better start fucking running!!" - Meeting your idol in a zombie apocalypse wasn't exactly how you wanted it to happen, but hey! It ca...