1.3 | šˆšš“šŽ š˜šŽš”. āØ DESC...

By felicique

ā We never know where help will come. āž YOU CAN TAKE THE VK OUT O... More

ā” šššœš­. š­š”š«šžšž rise from it all
ā” š§šžš° š¤š¢šš¬ šØš§ š­š”šž š›š„šØšœš¤ !
āŖ o. ā« SNEAK PEEK
āŖ i. ā« GOOD TO BE BAD
āŖ ii. ā« CHANGE OF PLANS
āŖ iii. ā« QUEEN OF AURADON
āŖ iv. ā« DECISIONS, DECISIONS
āŖ v. ā« QUEEN OF MEAN

āŖ oo. ā« TAKING INITIATIVE

6.1K 177 32
By felicique

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

TAKING INITIATIVE.
❛ preview ❜
( unofficial pre-descendants scene ! )

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

     "AND ARE YOU SURE the band's gonna play our song? You're positive?" Scarlett's vein at the side of her neck was beginning to become more prominent with each second that Parker pestered her, babbling with check-ups leading up to his surprise for Mal the following days.

With a deep inhale, Scarlett faced the doe-eyed male that she now towered over with her three-inch heels, his figure lowering by an inch as he stopped in his place mid-step. "Parker, I can assure you that everything is perfect. Now, run along before I take back the blessing I've given you."

Parker, eyes wide, took a slow step back. "Okay, first of all, please don't. Second, I'm just nervous, okay? This is Mal, we're talking about."

"Yes, I know who she is. I grew up with the lettuce-head, for Belle's sake." The lady of the court rolled her eyes as she turned back around and once again walked through the halls, nodding to those who she make eye-contact with.

"Don't call her a lettuce-head. You know she doesn't like that." Parker remarked, whilst the girl merely made a face. "Besides, how do you know she won't say no?"

The pair stopped right in front of the King's office door, facing each other with a wide spectrum of emotions between the two shows on their faces.

"Parker, I can assure you that if she does say no, I will personally knock some sense into her. Because as far as I have seen, you're one of the best things that have ever happened to her." At the girl's words, Parker felt a surge of emotion go through him. And before he knew it, he was hugging her.

Parker Pan. Hugging Scarlett Queen. What a sight.

It lasted way too long for what Scarlett could handle, and before he knew it, the sound of an uncomfortable cough came out of her. "You can let go now."

"Sorry. I forgot how awkward you get with emotions." Parker nodded off, slightly coughing to himself as he took a step back.

"Especially concerning you." Scarlett murmured, dusting off her clothes for any remnants of the contact.

Raising an eyebrow at the male, Parker could only mutter a quick bid of farewell before rush off from the scene as he turned the corner, presumably to find Mal.

Facing the door, she raised a hand to knock but was rendered surprised when it opened spontaneously. It revealed Mal and Evie who looked equally as shocked as the young Lady of the Court. Scarlett's quick recovery allowed her to blurt out the question hanging in the air.

"What're you guys doing here?"

The two girls looked at each other, pupils wildly roaming as they urged the other to speak. In the end, Mal took it upon herself to break their silence. "Oh, nothing. Ben just wanted to ask about the whole signing of the Villain Kid amendment."

"Yeah! You know how invested he is at this." Evie interjected in support as she looked at anywhere but Scarlett's eyes. The girl in question could only narrow her eyes as she stepped aside to let the two pass, who quickly did so with mischievous grins on their faces, making the whole moment even more unusual.

Stepping into the office, Scarlett was greeted with the sight of her boyfriend looking out of the window of his office, the one that faced the Isle in all of its mawkish glory. Closing the door behind her, she soundlessly walked over to his spot as he remained facing away from her.

Once behind him, she wrapped her arms around his waist, granting herself this small moment of intimacy to recharge her for the day full of royal duties and parker-related preparations.

"Hey." She murmured against his back as his arms came to place themselves over hers, rubbing soothing patterns to the exposed skin. The warmth seeping through his tailored suit was beginning to lull Scarlett into drowsiness, the amount of comfort his presence could provide her diminishing her defences instantly.

Turning around to wrap his arms around her, Ben faced her with a shit-eating grin on his face as well his eyes twinkling with delight. "Hey." He brought his hand up to put a lock of hair into its place behind her ear as Scarlett leaned up and pecked him on the lips.

"I missed you this morning." Events which occurred in the early sunrise was brought to the couple's minds, each missing the feel of the cold air coming through the window as they laid in bed in a pile of limbs and loving embraces.

Ben hummed, placing an airy kiss in response to Scarlett's affectionate ministrations. "I had to arrange something for later. It had to be perfect."

Scarlett who was seemingly brought out of her Ben-induced trance, pulled an inch away from his lips to look at him with a raised brow. "And what would that be?"

"Just some stuff relating to Mom and Dad's Anniversary. You know how he can get." Scarlett understood upon hearing this, of course. She would never forget the time when the band for him and Belle's anniversary dinner failed to turn up and he barely restrained himself from flipping the table over, claws out and ears pointed as his transition began.

It was a genuinely entertaining experience.

Looking at the clock, Scarlett switched back her attention to her man with his arms wrapped around her to see him gazing at her with such an indescribable twinkle in his eyes that made her heart skip a beat. She knew how it felt. For she only felt it with him.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" She muttered as he sighed wistfully.

Ben shook his head slowly, eyes still not leaving hers. "You just look so... ethereal."

Scarlett, ever the romantic since Ben's arrival in her life, couldn't help but beam at this as she bit her lip in a failed attempt to restrain her glee.

"Don't worry. You're a dream come true for me."

• • •

     Eventually, night enveloped Auradon, the clouds in the sky parting to show the marvel which was the sight of the full moon with the stars spattered across the dark sky. Scarlett had been getting ready to retire for bed, standing in front of the bathroom mirror with her ring glowing as she waved her hand, mild heat drying her hair within minutes.

The sound of the suite's door being opened alerted Scarlett of Ben's arrival as she brushed her hair, taking out all of its stubborn tangles to make it at the very least, presentable and not like a bird's nest.

"Carly? You in there?" Ben called out from behind the door, knocking once.

"Yeah. Just a minute."

Hanging the towel she used onto the silver rack by the tub, she opened the door to reveal Ben sitting at her bedside, back turned to her as he fiddled with something she couldn't see. Scarlett smiled at this, tiptoeing closer before poking at his sides, getting a startled reaction out of the mighty King.

"What the cheese-" Was Ben's surprised exclaim, which immediately gained a melodious laugh out of his girlfriend who could barely stand as she clutched her stomach, eyes disappearing as her face displayed a large smile.

The man could only roll his eyes as he took off his shoes and grabbed his towel nearby, heading to the bathroom as he left a still chuckling Scarlett in the room. Still amused, she grabbed her unfinished book from the night before located in her vanity table and brought it to bed, situating herself under the pristine, white covers as she leaned on the crimson pillows on her side of the bed.

A few minutes of reading another chapter passed and just as she was about to turn another page, Scarlett was granted with the sight of Ben walking out of the shower in all of his bare torso's glory. She could never get used to the fact that he was hers. At times she couldn't believe that only she would get to hug him, kiss him, love him for eternity.

Well, the eternity part was something she was working on.

Ben walked over to their joint walk-in closet, crossing the threshold with his hair shimmering. It was like whenever Scarlett looked at Ben, she had on rose-coloured glasses. He was perfect in every way, no matter how many times she did a double-take.

In a few moments, Ben was finally laying beside her, his own lanky figure leaning against his blue pillows as he pulled the covers over his pyjama-covered body. Scarlett, having had enough with the predictability of the characters of the book and their obviously doomed relationship, closed the hardcover and placed it on her nightstand.

Glancing at the sight of Ben typing away at something on his tablet, she snuggled closer to his side and draped a leg over his underneath the covers, splaying an arm across his waist as she settled her head on his shoulder.

"Ben.." She called out, which he hummed at still with his eyes trained on the screen. She called out to him again, which again, got the same reaction. Scarlett looked at the side of Ben's face, taking it all in as in her mind, she replayed everything they've gone through. Every misunderstanding they've faced, every villain they've defeated, every kiss they've shared...

It all led up to this moment, in Scarlett's mind.

"Ben..."

"Yeah, Carls?"

"Marry me."

a/n: whoop, there it is. this is a small preview of what's to come. And it's actually a part of the book. It's somewhat a prequel scene as to how the story is going to begin. So, in this book, the events of Descendants 2 happened two years ago. So now, the gang is nearing their twenties. So yeah, Ben and Scarlett cohabitating and being domestic is going be the aesthetic of this book. It depends. thank you for reading and look forward to the official chapter one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 11.9K 15
in which ben's twin sister follows mal back to the isle. š”ššš«š«š² š”šØšØš¤ š± šŸšžš¦! šØšœ ššžš¬šœšžš§šššš§š­š¬ šŸ šš¢š¬šœš„ššš¢š¦šžš« š¢š§š¬š¢ļæ½...
121K 2.9K 17
ā We all show our true colours in the end. āž HER WORDS WERE LIKE SILK CARESSING THE POOR UNFORTUNAT...
30.1K 617 20
Bella is back and is super busy trying to prepare for the Royal Cotillion and help Ben be king but what happens when she has to go to the Isle of the...
167K 3K 33
It's hard loving someone who is supposed to be your enemy. It's even harder when they live behind a barrier. (Harry Hook Love Story) All rights to D...