Adventure in Alola (Male Read...

By whothehellishe

(Y/N), a friend of Ash, has joined him on his adventures ever since the two of them met back in the Sinnoh re... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 1

15.6K 155 446
By whothehellishe

The Alola region a popular resort destination and attracts a lot of tourists from other regions. In Alola, humans, and Pokémon coexist in a very close relationship, and a culture has developed that is different from other regions. Right now we see a young man with his partner Pikachu running down the beach.

"You won't beat me Pikachu!" The boy said, unaware of the pokemon that was in his path. It wasn't until he stepped on its tail that he came to a halt. "I'm sorry!" But he was hit in the face by some fire, causing him to fall over.

"You deserve that one Ash." A voice said as Ash looked up to see a boy with blond hair and grey eyes looking down at him.

"Oh (Y/N)! It's you." He said as he stood back up.

"Honestly you should watch where you are going. You stepped on that poor pokemon's tail." You said while gesturing to the Litten.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Ash told the retreating pokemon, before turning back to you. "By the way, we should go see my mom." He said as you nodded and followed him. The two of you eventually arrived at the hotel that you all were staying at. You eventually found her relaxing under an umbrella with Mr. Mime.

"Hey, mom! I'm back!" Ash yelled as he and Pikachu came to a stop in front of them as you walked behind him.

"Hello, Ms. Ketchum." You greeted with a wave.

"Hello, boys. I hope you both had fun." Ash's mom said.

"We sure did. We went diving with a sharpedo and saw lots of pokemon we haven't seen before." Ash told his mom in a very animated way.

"That does sound like fun. We have Mimy to thank for winning the tickets to our Alola vacation. Thanks very much, Mimy." Delia said while thanking her Mr, Mime.

"Mime, Mime, Mime." Mr. Mime said as he maid a rotating gesture with his hand.

Flashback

A very highspeed recap happens of Mr. Mime winning the prize to Alola followed by the Ketchem family preparing for the trip.

Flashback end

"Oh that reminds me, how did you come as well (Y/N)? I thought the prize was only three tickets to Alola." Ash asked curiously.

"That would be my doing dear. You see. I know how much the two of you are friends so I thought it would be a good idea to invite (Y/N) along with us." Ash's mom said as you nodded in agreement.

"Originally I wasn't. I was going to head back to Sinnoh, but after your mom talked to my sister. She bought me a plane ticket." You said while remembering your conversation with Ash's mom.

Flashback

It was a couple of days before Ash and his mother were to head to the Alola region as you enjoyed the last few days in Kanto, before heading back to Sinnoh.

"(Y/N), do you have a second?" Delia's voice rang out as you looked at her.

"Yeah, Ms. Ketchum?" You asked while sitting on the couch.

"Well, you know how we're going to the Alola region right?" She asked while you nodded your head. " I was thinking, it would be wonderful if you would join us."

"I would like to, but didn't Mr. Mime win only three tickets?" You asked to which she nodded her head.

"That's true, but I went ahead and contacted your sister. She gave me her number to call her in case anything was to go wrong while you were over here." She said as you waited for her to finish talking. "She liked the idea of you going to the Alola region so she bought you a ticket on the plane." She said as you sweatdropped.

"That sounds like something she would do, but alright. I'd be happy to come along." You said as Delia smiled.

Flashback End

"So, shall we change and get going?" Delia asks while Ash looks confused.

"Where to mom?" He asks.

"Don't you remember? Professor Oak aked us to deliver that egg to his cousin." You filled him in.

"That's right, I forgot." Ash said.

The flashback from early rewinds until it gets to the point of them being in Professor Oaks laboratory.

"Yes, this will work out fine. I was wondering how I was going to get this egg to my cousin in the Alola region." Oak said he popped the lid to the incubator open to show a red egg. "Now I'm not."

Ash and Pikachu lean in as they look at the egg. "Wow, an egg. What kind of pokemon is it?"

"You'll just have to wait for it to hatch to find out." Oak said as he put the lid back on the incubator. He handed the egg to Ash.

"You can count on us. We'll get it there." Delia said as the flashback came to an end.

When the flashback ended it revealed all of you sitting in a cart being pulled by a Tauros.

"My first pokemon taxi. This is the best ever." Ash said in excitement as he pressed his face into the glass.

"Pikachu." Pikachu said with his face against the glass as well.

Tauros: *happy cow noises*

"Here in the Alola region, we use the power of pokemon to go anywhere and everywhere" The guy riding Tauros said. "We refer to these pokemon as ride pokemon. For land, you take a land ride pokemon, for air, you take and air ride pokemon, and for water, you take a water ride pokemon."

"I see, so that sharpedo was a water ride pokemon." Ash said as he placed Pikachu on his lap.

"Ohohoh, it sounds like you've already been trying things out here." The rider said with his energetic tone.

"Mom, where are we taking the egg?" Ash asked.

"I'm curious as well." You said while waiting for Delia to answer the question.

"To a place, they call the pokemon school." She answered.

"Pokemon school?" Ash repeated.

"Sounds interesting right?" Delia asked.

"Yeah." Ash answered.

"Mine?" Mr. Mime said while looking out to the side. You looked as well while Mr. Mime got the others attention. There were multiple stands that sold a number of berries.

"Look at all those berries. I should take some home as a gift." Delia said while looking at the variety of berries.

"The berries sold here are always fresh and delicious." The driver said.

"That's great!" Delia said joyfully. A moment later, all of you got off the cart to look at the berries.

"It's so hard to make a decision. What do you think (Y/N)?" She asked while holding a berry.

"Hmm, I think the Watmel berry is a good option." You said after thinking for a moment.

"Very well, I'll take some of those." She said as she told the shop owner. It was then that you noticed that Ash wasn't there anymore. You turned around to look for him.

"Where's he going now?" You asked yourself while watching Ash chase after something. He soon disappeared behind the tree line as you sigh to yourself.

"Ash? Where'd you go?" You heard his mom ask.

"He headed into the forest Ms, Ketchem. Probably chasing some pokemon." You said while pointing at the trees. "I'll go and get him."

"Thank you very much (Y/N). Just be safe alright?" You nodded before heading into the forest that Ash headed into.

"Ash we're are you!?" You yelled while walking around the forest looking for him. After a couple of minutes of searching, you heard rustling coming from some bushes. "Is that you Ash?" You asked. You stepped closer, but all of a sudden, Ash came running out towards you.

"Run (Y/N)!" Ash screamed as he runs past you while grabbing your backpack.

"Why what is- gah!" You tried asking but were interrupted my Ash dragging you. "Ash slow down, what's happening?!" You yelled before the sound of smashing was heard. You look forward to see a large pink and brown bear-like pokemon chasing the two of you while smashing everything that was in its path. "Nevermind, keep running." You said as Ash kept running. However, while he was running you noticed two blurs rush in front of the pokemon, stopping it. One blur was orange while the other was pink. "What was that?" You asked yourself. Eventually, Ash came to a stop as you stood back up.

"Sorry about that (Y/N). I just thought quickly." Ash apologized while panting from his running.

"No problem. It's not like I'll be dragged through the forest again like that." You said while dusting yourself off.

"What was up with it?" Ash asked as he and Pikachu took a deep breath. The sound of flying interrupted them as the two of you looked up to see a Charizard flying in the sky. "What's that? A Charizard? It must be an air ride pokemon! That's so awesome!" Ash marveled. "Come let's go follow it!" Ash said as he and Pikachu followed after him. You sighed before heading there as well. After a couple of minutes of running all of you came out of the forest to see a large building with a number of people and pokemon scattered about.

"Ah!" Ash looked around in Awe. That's when the two of you noticed a girl in a white dress. She noticed you as well. She had three pokemon nearby. "Oh wow! Look at all the pokemon!" Ash said as he jumped the fence.

"No! Watch out!" The blonde girl warned him as he turned to see a number of Tauros come charging at him. They inevitably stampede over him as the riders bring them to a halt.

"Ow... That must have hurt." You said while coming over the fence.

"Are you ok!?" The girl in white asked as she and Pikachu came tunning to Ash.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine. I'm used to dealing with Tauros. I've caught some." Ash said as he stood back up.

"Some is an understatement if you ask me." You said as you stopped next to Ash. A Tauros came closer to you three as the girl in white screamed an hid behind the both of you. She then noticed Pikachu as she let out another scream then took a step back from all of you.

"Hey, you're kinda acting like you're scared of Pokemon."  Ash stated while the blond girl collected herself.

"I'm not scared, I love Pokemon... At least from a research point of view." She said while turning her head away from both of you.

"I'm sorry, you came out of the forest so quickly I couldn't stop." One of the Tauros riders said. Soon the others also came as well.

"The thing is, Lillie can't touch pokemon." The orange-haired kid said.

"I can touch them! Theoretically, that is! If I really really wanted to, I just choose not to."

"Don't worry. Don't get all frustrated and one day you will be. That is if you want to." The green-haired one asked.

"That's right." The blue-haired one asked in a soft voice.

"Ah! You!" Ash yelled while pointing at the blue-haired girl. "I saw you at the ocean fishing!"

"For Bruxish" She told Ash.

"Hey, you know these guys?" Green hair.

"I'm Ash Ketchum. I came from Pallet Town in the Kanto region! And this is my buddy Pikachu! Nice to meet you!" Ash said with a bright smile.

"My name is (Y/N). I come from Celestic Town in Sinnoh. It's a pleasure to meet you all." You greeted with you're own smile.

"So what is this place?" Ash asked looking back at the building.

"It's the pokemon school." The green-haired girl answered.

"I've heard of the pokemon school! What do you know, this it." Ash said.

"We were on our way here when we took... a detour of sorts." You told them.

"You both must have gotten lost." The green-haired girl told both of you.

"I guess." Ash said.

"I'll show the both of you around!" She said while walking in front of the two of you.

"Really?!" Ash asked excitedly.

"That would be a big help." You said with a smile. She grabbed both of your hands and started leading you to the school.

"Bounsweet!" The pokemon on her should said as a aroma started filling the area,

"Come on, this way." She said while pulling both of you.

"Hey, you don't have to pull so hard." Ash said.

"Yeah, I've been pulled around enough for today." You quipped.

The three of you were inside the school as you all came to the top of some stairs. Ash became excited as he looked at the fossils that were on display. Soon something else caught his eye as he headed for the window, you joined him to see some people and pokemon playing basketball.

"This is great. Where am I again?" Ash asked.

"I told you. It's the pokemon school." The green-haired girl, whose name you learned was Mallow, said as Ash came off the window. "It's a place where pokemon and students all study together." She said as you three walked past a kid and his pokemon. You came to a stop when she knocked on the door. "Principle sir? I've brought two new students."

"New student?! No! No! No!" Ash said in a panic. You were about to say something when the door opened to reveal Mr. Mime.

"Ah, you boys finally made it." Delia's voice said as she stepped into view.

"It's my mom!" Ash said as you nodded.

"She must have came when we got separated." You said.

"You're right (Y/N), I'm glad you two could join us."

"Alola, you two! Welcome to the Pokemon School, home of Solrock and Roll!" A tan Professor Oak said.

"Professor Oak, what are you doing here?" Ash asked in shock as you wondered how he got here as well.

"Hahaha! People tell me we look alike. I guess that's why you recognized me. The name is Samson Oak." He said as you figured that this was his cousin

"He's the pokemon school principal." Mallow revealed

"Nice to meet chew." He said while doing an impression of a trapinch.

"Uh... Nice to meet you, too." The both of you replied to his awkward joke.

"He always makes jokes, playing around with Pokemon names." Mallow told you.

"Is that so? I don't think I'll get used to that." You said with a sweatdrop.

"We all need some fun. A little does of levity and laughter is what my rant is for!" He said while making another joke as everyone went inside leaving the three of you outside. Once inside the office, Ash began to tell what happened after the two of you separated from Delia.

"And after we chased after Charizard, we kind of just wound up here." Ash explained while you nodded in agreement.

"So that means, you're not really not a new student here after all." Mallow stated.

"It's not your fault, we didn't really get a chance to explain." You said while Mallow shook her head.

"That's nice of you to say, but still, I'm in such a hurry sometimes that I miss things." Mallow said. In the back, Principal Oak stands in front of a tv as it turns on.

"Hey, Samuel! It's me! I got your egg safe and sound!" He yelled as he turned to put the egg on the table. Soon Professor Oak appeared on the screen.

"Excellent, Samson! That's what I like to hear. Thanks to you, Delia." Professor Oak said while thanking Ash's mom.

"It's my greatest pleasure." Delia said while nodding her head.

"Say, Principle Oak, sir, may I show (Y/N) and Ash around the campus?" Mallow asked excitedly.

"Of course! Porygon your way!" He said while imitating the different evolutions of Porygon. You sweatdrop while Mallow leans towards you two.

"Are you ready to go, you two?"

"Yeah!" Ash said as he jumped up.

"Of course." You said, getting up in a calmer manner.

Scene Change!

The three of you walking through a doorway to see a large room with desks, books, and a blackboard.

"Now, this is our classroom." She gestured to the room that had a great view of the ocean.

"Wow! This is so nice!" Ash said as the ocean breeze waft over him and Pikachu.

"I have to admit, the view is stunning." You said as you joined Ash at the rail.

"That's not all! There's the field where you met Tauros and there's the lake. This campus is huge and we learn all sorts of amazing things." Mallow said as she came to the railing as well.

"Hi! A big Alola to you all!" A voice said as all of you turned around to see a man in an open lab coat with no shirt. He wore a baseball cap with beach visors.

"Professor Kukui!" Mallow said in surprise.

"Professor?" Ash questioned.

"So this guy's the pokemon professor in this region?" You questioned to yourself.

"Yeah, he's our teacher! Professor! I'd like you to meet (Y/N) and Ash!

"Principal Oak just filled me in. Hi, (Y/N), Ash, Pikachu. The pokemon school is a wonderful place! I hope you enjoy your visit here!

"Thank you!" Ash thank the Professor.

"I'm sure we will." You responded.

Soon the sound of a Charizard roaring caught both of your attentions as everyone looked towards the entrance of the school to see a Charizard and couple other people.

"Who are they?" Ash asked while you waited for someone to respond.

"I don't know, but we should go check it out." You said as Ash nodded and the two of you headed down to the entrance. Upon arriving you found the others as they were watching from behind the school's gate.

"Who are those guys?" Ash asked again as you waited for an answer.

"They're part of Team Skull." Mallow revealed as she joined up with all of you. "Always bullying us into a Pokemon battle. Not nice."

"If you can beat us in a Pokemon battle, maybe we'll let you walk away." The one with blue hair spoke.

"Yeah, but if we beat you, then that Charizard of yours belongs to us!" The fatter one said.

"You'll be sorry." The Charizard's owner said.

"Ha! We'll see about that. Come on out Salandit!" The blue-haired one said as he and the others three pokeballs each.

"Yangoos!" "Zubat!" The other two called out their pokemon.

"Now tell your Charizard to fight!"

"Stop it!" Ash yells as he runs into the middle of it. You follow close behind as the two of you stop in front of Charizard's rider.

"Wait, you guys!" Mallow called out to you.

"Who do you two think you are?" The larger one asked.

"You're cowards, ganging up three against one!" Ash yelled at them.

"Not to mention that each of you are using three pokemon each." You said while glaring at the three.

"Ha! What are you going to do about it?" The blue one taunted.

"I'll fight, too!  You with me (Y/N)?" He asked as you nodded your head, he then turned to the other guy. "Are you ready? And you're...?"

"Kiawe. But I don't need any help." He introduces himself before turning his attention to the other guys.

"You guys! They're very dangerous!" Mallow yelled from the gate.

"Pikachu! Ready?

"Pik." Pikachu responded.

"I choose you!" Ash yelled as Pikachu jumped into battle.

"Oh my." Kukui said with interest.

"Don't hurt yourself." Kiawe said before throwing his own Pokeball. "Now, Turtonator, come on out!"

"Turtonator!" The pokemon said as he stood upright.

"Wow! Totally awesome! So that's a Turtonator, huh?" Ash asked while looking at the pokemon in awe.

"A fire and Dragon type. A strong and trusted friend. A wise one." Kiawe gave information about his pokemon.

"It's in impressive pokemon for sure, but it looks like it's my turn." You said as you drew your Pokeball while placing it to your chest. "Let's go! Garchomp, I need your help!" You yelled while throwing your Pokeball. It opened and Garchomp came out. She let out a roar as the force from it pushed the pokemon back.

"Now, Salandit, show them your strength with Venoshock!" The blue-haired one commanded.

"Yungoos, use bite!" "Zubat, Leech life!" The other two gave out their commands as well.

"Pikachu, use quick attack!" Ash yelled as Pikachu dodged the Venoshocks and landed a hit on the Salandits. At the same time, the other two Skull member's poke hit Turtonator's shell, causing a large explosion.

"What happened?" Ash asked in shock over what happened

"If something touches the spikes on Turtonator's shell, they blow up." Kiawe informed.

"Oh wow!" Ash yelled.

"Quick Salandit! Use Flame burst!" The blue-haired one tried for a desperate attack.

"I don't think so!" You yelled as Garchomp got ready. "Garchomp, use Dragon Rush!" Garchomp roared as she was coated in energy and began to rush the enemy pokemon. The foes Flame Burst hit Garchomp. However, she powers through with little damage and rams into the opponent's pokemon. A large cloud of dust forms as Garchomp came back to your side. When the dust clears, Team Skull's pokemon struggle to stand up. "Good job Garchomp. Now let's-"

"I'll finish this." Kiawe said as he walked forward.

"Huh?" Both you and Ash said as Kiawe did his thing.

"All right Turtonator, let's go!" He said as his bracelet started glowing. You and Ash look surprised as well as the members of Team Skull. "The Zenith... of my mind..." Kiawe said as he and Turtinator started moving in synch. "Of body and spirit, like the great mountain of Akala! Become a great fire and burn!" He yelled as energy shot from him to Turtonator. "Inferno Overdrive!" A large fireball formed in front of Turtinator who shot it at Team Skull's pokemon. They were in engulfed by a large fiery explosion. Once it disappeared they're pokemon were defeated. They called back their pokemon before running away.

"Ah, We won't forget this!" The blue-haired one yelled.

"Yeah, just like my bro said!" The larger one yelled as well. They soon jumped on their bike and rode away.

"If you were going to use that move you should have told us!" The blue-haired one yelled as they vanished over the hill.

"Kiawe, what was that?" Ash asked while looking at the retreating Team Skull members.

"A Z-move." Kukui said as he and the others came up to the three of you.

"A Z-move" Ash repeated.

"Right." Kukui said.

"That's our Kiawe!" The orange-haired one said.

"You two were great as well." Mallow said.

Z-moves are special moves passed down in the Alola region. Alola consists of four islands and each of them has its own guardian pokemon. Only those who participate in a ceremony called the island challenge are able to use Z-Moves." Kukui filled you in on Z-Moves.

"Wow! Island guardians, island challenge and Z-Moves, too!" Ash yelled in excitement which was interrupted by Kukui.

"Now that was a real mega punch battle." Kukui said as he stood behind you, Ash, and Kiawe."You two seem to enjoy a good battle huh?" Kukui asked as both of you nodded.

"I want to become a pokemon master!" Ash said. Then all of a sudden the two of you were hit by berries. Ash looked up to see a strange pokemon while you saw one disappear into the woods. "Who are those pokemon?"

"I'd like to know as well." You asked while looking in the area the other pokemon disappeared in. The others say they don't see anything as Ash turned around to look at them.

"It was just there! It was a pokemon for sure! It was yellow about this big, with an orange crest on its head!" Ash said as he described his pokemon.

"That sounds like..." Kukui started the sentence.

"Tapu Koko." Kiawe was the one to finish it.

"You saw Tapu Koko, Guardian of Melemele island?" The girl in the white dress asked as Ash didn't answer.

"Is that one you saw as well (Y/N)?" Kukui asked as you shook your head.

"No, mine was pink and had a white diamond at the center of its head." You informed him.

"So you saw Tapu Lele huh?" Kukui said while in thought.

"Guardians huh?" You said to yourself.

Timeskip

You were walking down the beach with Garchomp as the sound of waves the only thing that was heard. No one was on the beach as you thought about what happened over the day. "A lot of interesting things have happened today, maybe staying here would be interesting. What do you think Garchomp?"

"Gar!" Garchomp nodded happily as you smiled at her. However, something caught your attention as white specs started falling around the two of you. Upon a closer look, they were in fact scales.

"What's this?" You asked as white scales landed on you and Garchomp. When the scales landed on you, you felt your energy being restored.

"Gar." You heard Garchomp as she was looking in the sky. You looked up as well to see the pokemon from earlier looking down at you. It slowly descended as Garchomp got ready to battle. You petted her head to calm her down before talking to the pokemon.

"So you're Tapu Lele." You said as Lele nodded its head. "I take it you wanted to see me for a reason." You said as it nodded once again. A light shined from it as a black ring came floating down to you. You looked at it before looking back at Tapu Lele. "Is this a Z-Ring?" You asked as Lele nodded. "You want me to have this?" Lele nodded again as you nodded before grabbing the ring, a bright navy blue. You eventually put it on your arm as the light died down. Lele nodded before disappearing into the night.

Next Day

"Hello, little brother. How is your time in Alola?" Your older sister Cynthia asked you.

"It's been fantastic. I've seen so many different pokemon, some I never would've seen if I stayed back in Sinnoh." You said as your sister looked at you happily. "Which is why I wanted to tell you that I'm staying here."

"Oh? So you decided to stay in Alola have you?" Cynthia asked with a knowing smile. You smiled back at her and nodded your head. "I guess it would be obvious. Just promise you'll be safe alright?" She asked as you nodded your head again.

"Will do. I'll be sure to send you some pokemon from here."  You said as she nodded.

"That would be delightful. I still have your pokemon from Kalos and Unova. As well as the ones you sent me from Kanto." She said, however before she could continue the sound of a door opening was heard as well as a voice. Cynthia eventually returned with a disappointed smile. "I'm sorry (Y/N), but it looks like I have to go. Lucian wants another shot at the title of Champion." She said while giggling. You chuckled too. "I'll talk to you later."

"Be sure to give him my greetings. Take care sister, tell the others I said hello."  You said as she nodded with a smile before the video cut out. "Guess my Alola adventure begans now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 295 13
Y/n recently came to Alola with her best friend Ash from pallet town. Soon after, they both enroll in the pokemon school with professor Kukui as thei...
81.6K 1.3K 28
Kat is best friends and step sister to Ash Ketchum & together they go on vacation to the Alola region. While there Kat and Ash meet new friends and d...
8.4K 101 14
Tapu koko tapu lele tapu bulu tapu fini have all felt a strange energy coming from rather far tapu koko goes to ash and pikachu to try to see if he s...
21.9K 324 19
β€οΈŽΒ»π’π‹πŽπ– π”ππƒπ€π“π„π’Β«β€οΈŽ ☠︎︎Uɴᴅᴇʀ Eα΄…Ιͺα΄›Ιͺɴɒ☠︎︎ ✈︎ 𝐀 𝐩𝐒𝐧𝐀𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐒𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ π₯𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 8...