The Alpha King's Mate

By Bookdragon2022

"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Im Sorry!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
😬
Chapter 27
Internet Sucks!!
Chapter 28
I need your help πŸ‘orπŸ‘Ž

Chapter 26

442K 12.1K 3.3K
By Bookdragon2022

Crap.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I can't be a mother! I don't even know who my mom is! How the heckity heck am I gonna be able to raise a kid?

Oh my Moon Goddess! What if the kid hates me?

This is not good.

Not good at all!

Wait...

Lucas.

How am I gonna tell him?

What if he doesn't want kids?

"Congratulations! I knew you weren't really sick! I can't wait to be a grandmother!"

I look up and see Sofia with a beaming face and Adaline with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

"My little girls gonna be a mom. Does this mean I'll be their other grandmother? I've always thought of you as my own daughter."

"W-will, will someone l-link Lucas for, for me please?"

Sofia nods her head and gets that far away look in her eye that we all get when we mindlink.

"He's on his way. I didn't tell him the news though. He's a little worried."

"Oh honey what's wrong?"

Adaline pulls me into her arms in a comforting hug.

"What if I'm a terrible mom? What if the child hates me? What if Lucas doesn't want a family? There are so many things that are floating through my mind right now."

Sofia joins in on our hug as they both tell me how I'll be a wonderful mom and how Lucas definitely wants a family with me.

As soon as we pull apart from our hug, the door burst open with a frantic Lucas standing in the opening.

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you hurt? Did someone attack you? Are you feeling sick? Do-"

"Lucas, calm down. Can you guys give us a minute?"

Adaline and Sofia give me a thumbs up as they walk out of the room, closing the door behind them.

"Baby, what happened?"

I look into Lucas eyes and see worry swimming in his beautiful iris.

I try to speak but the words die in my throat or fall off the end of my tongue.

Giving up on words I grab Lucas hand and lead him into the bathroom where I left the test sitting on the sink.

"Audrey? Why are we in here?"

I grab the test and basically shove it into his hand as I bury my face in his chest. He wraps his free hand around my waist, holding me to him.

I listen to his heart beat, a steady thump that sends a feeling of security to envelop me.

That is...

Until it speeds up.

"You're pregnant?"

I can just nod my head against his chest.

I feel him pull me away from him and the tears start to fall.

He's gonna be mad.

"Audrey, look at me."

I lift my eyes to meet his smiling face.

Wait.

Hold on a second.

Smiling.

He's smiling?

"You aren't mad?"

"Mad? How could I be mad? I'm over the moon happy! We're gonna have a baby! We're gonna have a family! How could I be anything but happy?"

Shock.

That's all I feel.

Once that emotion fades I feel my tears subside and a smile make it's way to my face.

"We're gonna have a baby."

"We're gonna have a baby!"

Lucas picks me up by my waist and spins me around.

That original fear completely disapears, leaving only joy in it's wake.

Lucas sets me down and places a kiss on my smiling lips.

"Should we get you home, my beautiful mate?"

"Please! I'm starving and want my mango dragon fruit!"

"Your wish is my command my queen."

6 Months Later-

"LUCAS!"

The sound of his frantic foot steps racing up the stairs sends a fit of giggles to fall past my lips.

Three.

Two.

One.

The door slams open and a frantic Lucas comes running into the bedroom.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay? What do you need?"

"Today is my baby shower dork. I need help getting ready. I'm too fat to get ready myself. Seriously, you would think I'm carrying more then one pup in here. I really should go get an ultrasound but I know my baby is okay and healthy."

"That's why you yelled for me? To help you get ready?"

"And a foot massage."

"A foot massage?"

"That better not be annoyance I hear in your voice. I'm like this because of you! Besides you promised to be by my side no matter what."

"I know baby but I was on a business call..."

At first I was teasing him.

Now I'm pissed.

Fun fact: It's not fun when there is a heavily pregnant women pissed at you.

You'd think Lucas would have figured that out by now.

Sadly...

He hasn't.

"You know what? Fine! Go back to your stupid office and your stupid business call! I don't care! I can get ready by myself!"

"No baby I didn't mean-"

"No! Go away! I don't need your help!"

Now I'm sad and crying.

Stupid hormones.

"Don't cry Audrey! Please baby, don't cry!"

Lucas climbs behind me on the bed and leans me back against his chest with his arms wrapped around me.

"I didn't mean to upset you. It's just been a stressful day. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you."

"You do?"

"Always. You still owe me a foot massage though. And you have to help me get ready. Oh and I want some pickles. Oh and pie!"

"Anything for you my Queen. I love you."

"I love you too."

Lucas helped me get dressed in a baby pink dress, a floor length robe/sweater thing with flowers, and a pair of white wedges that are actually really freaking comfortable.

"I hope everyone doesn't think my outfit is a gender reveal cause that would be really freaking weird. I mean we don't know the gender and we won't till I bring them into this world."

"You look great so stop worrying."

"Aww thanks babe!"

I place a quick kiss on Lucas cheek as I go to leave.

"Did you just call me babe?"

"Yeah and?"

Tread carefully Alpha.

"You've never called me that before."

"Well I guess your gonna have to get used to it."

"I already have baby girl. Do you want help down the stairs? Everyone is already in the back yard."

"Yes please."

I hope that everyone is gonna enjoy the baby shower. I wanted something simple and a backyard party seemed like the best way to go.

Lucas leads me to the french doors at the back of the house. As he opens the doors, a wave of happiness washes over me.

The backyard has been turned into a beautiful space with wooden tables and chairs placed around with beautiful table runners and decorations. There are fairy lights over head running over the entire area.

Some of the tables have pink table runners and the others have blue.

My perfect baby shower.

"There she is!"

All the pack women stand and start to clap with bright smiles on their faces.

End Of The Day-

The baby shower was a success!

We played games, we ate food, I ate more food, we did gifts and name suggestions.

I told Lucas all about it and he just had the dorkiest smile on his face saying how happy he was that I was bonding with the pack.

Just a few more months and there will be a little Lucas or little me added to the family.

Hey guys! I'm back! I'm super sorry that it took me so long to update again!

 Anyway, Can we all just take a second to recognize the fact that this book has hit over 12k reads!?!?! I mean that is absolutely insane and I can't thank you all enough! I'm actually speechless!!!! This means the world to me! I mean when I first started writing this I didn't think anyone would read it but now?! My dreams have come true!! 

Any way enough of my babbling! 

Please Comment and Vote if you enjoyed! 

Oh and I have a few questions-

Who is your favorite Character?

Who is your least favorite?

Do you think the baby is gonna be a boy or a girl?

What are some name ideas for the little babe? (if you can tell me what the names mean that would be sweet!)

 Lots of Love,

Bookdragon2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
3.4M 208K 52
The love that has blossomed in Taehyung's heart since childhood for a total stranger who saved him from dying one fatal night is the sole reason for...
3.1M 75.5K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...